New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Man I'd kinda like to actually do some ranked with a team. Never had a proper 5v5 team, only duo queues. Seems like it'd be good practice.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

I agree with you there. None of my friends like to play ranked except one, and that one is really, really bad. "50 farm as an AD carry at 30 minutes" bad.

While we're winning

I main support, if anyone wants to play with me some time. 1200ish Elo.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd be willing to play ranked with you guys. 15 games in to it, ~1400 ELO right now. Mainly a jungle player.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2012-09-23 at 09:06 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

This thread is mostly NA, right? I could play on EU West. Not sure if I have a ranking yet, it's probably ~1200 and I'm usually support.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
    This thread is mostly NA, right? I could play on EU West. Not sure if I have a ranking yet, it's probably ~1200 and I'm usually support.
    This thread is mostly about all servers but yes, the a majority of the players here play on North America. That said, there's a number of us EUWesters and even some EUEasters and I think an SEA player here too.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    So... anyone up for a Pentakill premade once Pentakill Olaf is released?

I have PK Morde

also, anyone want to group up seeking for ranked gold? Solo queue increases my ignore lists.
    Pentakill Sona reporting in. Of course, I'm at level 27 right now, so I can't do ranked quite yet.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

The -only- problem with Team Pentakill (aside from Pentakill Olaf being the Demon Metal Cowboy) is that there's no ADC.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

Server: NA
    Game name: N0hbdy
    Forum name: nhbdy

sign me up please!
    Last edited by nhbdy; 2012-09-23 at 11:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    The -only- problem with Team Pentakill (aside from Pentakill Olaf being the Demon Metal Cowboy) is that there's no ADC.
    Sona would like to disagree with you.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Man I'd kinda like to actually do some ranked with a team. Never had a proper 5v5 team, only duo queues. Seems like it'd be good practice.
    It's great fun, unfortunately that 8 man limit keeps the free-form nature of most friends lists from really letting it take off.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Also, solo mid Tryndamere against certain laners is passable
    Not as an AP Trynd vs a first time in foreve playing anivia with only a loose guideline to go by. That lane was so confusing, yet so tasty!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Sona would like to disagree with you.
    Then where's the support?

On the note of unusual role-filling, I just went Anivia against AP Ashe. Amazed that she managed to do as well as she did. Also amazed that when I have Tear and Blue, my QE nuke can be used as harass.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Then where's the support?

On the note of unusual role-filling, I just went Anivia against AP Ashe. Amazed that she managed to do as well as she did. Also amazed that when I have Tear and Blue, my QE nuke can be used as harass.
    Morde top, Karthus mid, Olaf jungle, and Yorick supporting ADC Sona in a harassing bot lane. Unorthodox, but it could work.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

Looking at Pentakill team comp.

tanky mid range
    Sona initiate
    mord-olaf-yorick rush enemy carries and establish front line.
    Sona and karthus mop up

edit: ugh.... solo queue headache. It's like common sense disappears in solo-rank queue. If this is what people have to go through to get to the "good tier" then no wonder talks of ELO hell happens.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-09-23 at 12:02 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Morde top, Karthus mid, Olaf jungle, and Yorick supporting ADC Sona in a harassing bot lane. Unorthodox, but it could work.
    Lix, god queen of unusual ADC, has noted that trying to START as an ADC with Sona goes horribly... If she had someone bot who would enjoy her company and is willing to transition to giving her farm relatively soon...

16. - Top - End - #286

My experience playing Sona as an honest-to-god AD carry is nothing short of solid; she beats most lanes early on, has good sustain and really strong level 6. Yorick's also a reasonable support choice. My laning for Team Pentakill would be:

Karthus Solo
    Morde Mid
    Sona AD
    Yorick Support
    Olaf Jungle
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    My experience playing Sona as an honest-to-god AD carry is nothing short of solid; she beats most lanes early on, has good sustain and really strong level 6. Yorick's also a reasonable support choice. My laning for Team Pentakill would be:

Karthus Solo
    Morde Mid
    Sona AD
    Yorick Support
    Olaf Jungle
    Out of curiosity (since our suggestions are otherwise identical)...why do you have Karthus top and Morde mid? Is it merely because Morde is hard for most conventional kids to dislodge from lane?

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Out of curiosity (since our suggestions are otherwise identical)...why do you have Karthus top and Morde mid? Is it merely because Morde is hard for most conventional kids to dislodge from lane?
    I think it has more to do with the fact that Karthus is generally safer top from ganks than Mord, while also getting huge benefit from the "ignore everything and farm creeps all day" playstyle that's common top, while also not truly being as isolated as other tops because of his ult. (he's also got free mana returns on creep kills and doesn't, strictly speaking, need blue to perpetually remain in lane)

Mordekaiser, meanwhile, is the godking of wraith farming, and is much stronger mid than top.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2012-09-23 at 02:23 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I think it has more to do with the fact that Karthus is generally safer top from ganks than Mord, while also getting huge benefit from the "ignore everything and farm creeps all day" playstyle that's common top, while also not truly being as isolated as other tops because of his ult. (he's also got free mana returns on creep kills and doesn't, strictly speaking, need blue to perpetually remain in lane)

Mordekaiser, meanwhile, is the godking of wraith farming, and is much stronger mid than top.
    Pretty much, yeah, Karthus is much safer to farm on top at the distance and much harder to gank while the length of the lane really cramps Morde's style. And Morde can farm the jungle (Wolves and Wraiths) much more easily from mid than from top (the Golems are kinda hard to take unless you're Singed or someone with good escapes; need to go deep for those).

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

How is mid-morde run these days?
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

21. - Top - End - #291

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    How is mid-morde run these days?
    Froggen builds him pure DPS glass cannon with WoTA, Lichbane, Deathfire Grasp, Deathcap, Sorcs and Abyssal/Void. I personally prefer Gunblade over WoTA if I can afford it for the extra burst and to have some CC.

Rylai's is of course inefficient as hell on the guy with 500000000000000000000000000 effective bonus health but I still occasionally do use it. That said, I definitely see how he needs to be bursty in the late to do stuff, at least against carries.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Froggen builds him pure DPS glass cannon with WoTA, Lichbane, Deathfire Grasp, Deathcap, Sorcs and Abyssal/Void. I personally prefer Gunblade over WoTA if I can afford it for the extra burst and to have some CC.

Rylai's is of course inefficient as hell on the guy with 500000000000000000000000000 effective bonus health but I still occasionally do use it. That said, I definitely see how he needs to be bursty in the late to do stuff, at least against carries.
    I assume Zhonya's is a prominent option as well?
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    I assume Zhonya's is a prominent option as well?
    I would think so. I build it myself on Morde but it's rare enough.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I'd like to think that a semi-tank version of Morde is possible, despite your complete lack of CC. Something like Abyssal/Hourglass into Deathcap, especially because of how your shield functions. The issue is, of course, getting kited. If you can't 0-100 someone as morde you should go home and rethink your life.

But then again, I kinda really enjoy saying "your build depends" and have a notorious habit of randomly building different items depending on my mood on several heroes (namely, bruisers).

25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground

I kinda like Rylai's on Morde. If you don't build any health at all, and you get CC'd, you still melt kind of fast; it give you a bit of a cushion. Plus, I find the slow invaluable, since kiting is Morde's greatest weakness, and being able to apply AoE slows greatly improves his ability to murder people before they get back to their tower.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

I am calling now that Zix looks like he is gonna be a decent jungler AND laner who snowballs very hard. His Evolved Q will be beastly in lane and his evolved Ultimate will make him very difficult to catch and kill.

He will have decent pre-six ganks with his leap and amazing post six ganks. His only downside for ganks is his lack of ANY CC (no slows or stuns) thus depending on the lane itself to provide opportunity's. Fortunately he looks like a very good candidate for an early phage as he can use the damage, slow and survivability (and would be an almost need to buy item if his Q proc's on hit effects.

As for farming the jungle...I don't really know how good he will be at that but his Q and W have short CDs and would allow his W to weaken and kill the small creeps and his Q to kill the big ones.

Laning wise. He has a rather poor heal but looks like good trading ability with his Q and passive. Particularly in top lane as he can duck in an out of the brush to activate it. He has an amazing escape that would make ganks difficult, however, not impossible.

His itemization looks decent. Typical tanky DPS in jungle and either tanky DPS or pure Glass Cannon with an early Evolve Point in his Ult for the 40% damage reduction.

Here is a Beta Realm gameplay video of a Zix in jungle and an enemy Zix in top lane versus an Irelia.

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq6os4iN18A&feature=g-vrec
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2012-09-23 at 09:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    I kinda like Rylai's on Morde. If you don't build any health at all, and you get CC'd, you still melt kind of fast; it give you a bit of a cushion. Plus, I find the slow invaluable, since kiting is Morde's greatest weakness, and being able to apply AoE slows greatly improves his ability to murder people before they get back to their tower.
    Resistances are more efficient for making yourself melt slower than health on him. There's really precious few exceptions to this rule; Morde generates shield every hit and has spellvamp as his core to regenerate health every hit and his ult has massive inherent spellvamp; he absolutely swims in sources of temporary HP (his W will keep providing it no matter how CCd and he's a tough customer to burst down). Any MR and Armor makes all that so much more valuable.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Banned

Ranked. That is all. >:|

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    He will have decent pre-six ganks with his leap and amazing post six ganks. His only downside for ganks is his lack of ANY CC (no slows or stuns)
    His passive give a 2 second 35% slow

I think his early jungle suffers from sustain, his w heal is weak and he feels a bit squishy.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    His passive give a 2 second 35% slow

I think his early jungle suffers from sustain, his w heal is weak and he feels a bit squishy.
    Ah, my mistake. Squishy perhaps. I think boots 3 will be ok but even if he is not a good jungler, I still feel he will be a comparable top laner.