Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Pentakill Olaf, the Metal Demon Cowboy.

I die a little inside.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    While we're on the subject of long-range AP casters, can anyone here explain to me how to play Xerath properly?
    Also, figure out how much you can burst for, knowing that you can pen absolutely enormous amounts of MR with your passive and W. Pick people off at 1000 range, it's funny.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

So, I kinda hate Jayce. Not playing him, he's good fun and all, and while he's thematically bland I've gotten over it. I hate building him tho. His skillset is so schizophrenic I have no idea what I should be building on him.

His Q#1, Q#2 & E#1 want flat AD. His W #2 wants AD + Crit. He wants Penetration and tanky stats. He wants CDR. I'm kinda like, I want to build Trinity on him. Then I notice his base damage is 90 on max level (which is low), his W + abilities makes ASpd practically useless and the AP is of extremely minor benefit on his weakest ability and a minor AP ratio on his shift.

So I wanna build IE but...then what? He doesn't want Flat Pen since he has percentile in his kit so Youmuu's is bad. He doesn't want ASpd so Phantom Dancer is bad. And we covered Trinity already. Build second IE? Dem plays!
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Atma's buff pls.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    So, I kinda hate Jayce. Not playing him, he's good fun and all, and while he's thematically bland I've gotten over it. I hate building him tho. His skillset is so schizophrenic I have no idea what I should be building on him.

His Q#1, Q#2 & E#1 want flat AD. His W #2 wants AD + Crit. He wants Penetration and tanky stats. He wants CDR. I'm kinda like, I want to build Trinity on him. Then I notice his base damage is 90 on max level (which is low), his W + abilities makes ASpd practically useless and the AP is of extremely minor benefit on his weakest ability and a minor AP ratio on his shift.

So I wanna build IE but...then what? He doesn't want Flat Pen since he has percentile in his kit so Youmuu's is bad. He doesn't want ASpd so Phantom Dancer is bad. And we covered Trinity already. Build second IE? Dem plays!
    What about Bloodthirster, Frozen Mallet, and then some defensive items? FoN gives movespeed on top of survivability, and adding a Warmogs for buckets of HP behind that could have nice synergy.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    What about Bloodthirster, Frozen Mallet, and then some defensive items? FoN gives movespeed on top of survivability, and adding a Warmogs for buckets of HP behind that could have nice synergy.
    The issue I'm having is that I want crit itemization to make IE superefficient but I can't find a second crit item that's desirable on this guy. I can certainly fill out the slots but I feel outside Atma's there's nothing to make Crits good and Atma's requires a framework to be worth anything, one I don't think I can create without compromising the other stats.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #127

If that's the case, then don't build IE. IE is really an AD carry item, not a bruiser item. Instead, maybe Bloodthirster? It also gives a raw pile of AD, but for less gold. You miss out on the crit, but since bruiser Jayce doesn't build much crit, it's not as big of a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

The issue I'm having is that I want crit itemization to make IE superefficient but I can't find a second crit item that's desirable on this guy. I can certainly fill out the slots but I feel outside Atma's there's nothing to make Crits good and Atma's requires a framework to be worth anything, one I don't think I can create without compromising the other stats.
    IE + Atma's + Mallet + Boots? That leaves any combination of GA, Aegis, Maw, Frozen Heart, Randuin's, Shurelya's, Last Whisper, and Bloodthirster open. It's not the most efficient thing but you're hard-pressed to get better crit, yeah?

9. - Top - End - #129

Anything that increases your damage also increases the amount you crit by. A 100% crit rate with 100 AD is not as good as a 40% crit rate with 200 AD, even after IE's supercrits.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

10. - Top - End - #130

Anything that increases your damage also increases the amount you crit by. A 100% crit rate with 100 AD is not as good as a 40% crit rate with 200 AD, even after IE's supercrits.
    Aye but crit chance is a multiplier; I'll easily end up with ~300 AD so building 100 more AD is less efficient than building ~18% crit chance & 50 AD with 250% crits. I can certainly stack up on pure AD and that's what I'm going with right now but crits would just give a lot more damage off the gun mode W and make the 2.5* damage crits more reliable which is the bigger reason; I want to be able to estimate how much damage I do in small skirmishes and random chance gets in the way of that so I want as high a crit chance as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    IE + Atma's + Mallet + Boots? That leaves any combination of GA, Aegis, Maw, Frozen Heart, Randuin's, Shurelya's, Last Whisper, and Bloodthirster open. It's not the most efficient thing but you're hard-pressed to get better crit, yeah?
    That'd be okay except we're talking about an under 3k health Atma's which just feels awfully inefficient with the current stats. Maybe if using some of the remaining items to cover for it... I just can't get it to acceptable numbers tho.

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    If that's the case, then don't build IE. IE is really an AD carry item, not a bruiser item. Instead, maybe Bloodthirster? It also gives a raw pile of AD, but for less gold. You miss out on the crit, but since bruiser Jayce doesn't build much crit, it's not as big of a loss.
    Well, my whole idea here was that if I just get decent crit framework & hit W in gun mode, I insta-melt somebody with 2.5 attack speed crit enforced attacks.

I suppose it's either Atma's, Trinity or go home tho. I don't see any other Crit-item in addition to IE being remotely feasible. Like, we're talking ~40 damage Atma's here.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Mecha Kha'Zix definitely has an advantage over the normal one.

Plus he looks about four times cooler.

12. - Top - End - #132

Well, then, your options seem to be Avarice Blade (gp10 is good on anyone, and you can sell it later if you really don't want Ghostblade), and Executioner's Calling.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

Well, then, your options seem to be Avarice Blade (gp10 is good on anyone, and you can sell it later if you really don't want Ghostblade), and Executioner's Calling.
    Oooh! I forgot about Executioner's Calling. Holy ****, that might just work! I was just thinking about how to sneak some lifesteal in there anyways. Thank you; you just solved this little puzzle. Have a cookie.

14. - Top - End - #134

Planetar

Kha'Zix on PBE; LETS DO THIS! FOR THE SWARM!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Kha'Zix is pretty cool, but Mecha has an unfair advantage and he needs more evolution points, IMO

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

17. - Top - End - #137

He has a percentage reduction, actually, which means it's applied before any kind of penetration. Since armour negation gets more efficient the more you have, Youmuu's actually synergizes with Jayce's ultimate. For the same reason, the conflict between flat and percentage reduction/penetration is vastly overstated.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Kha'Zix is pretty cool, but Mecha has an unfair advantage and he needs more evolution points, IMO
    It also needs more protoculture matrix.
    What would be really cool is subtle changes in skin as it "evolves"
    Like this guy!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Teron View Post
    He has a percentage reduction, actually, which means it's applied before any kind of penetration. Since armour negation gets more efficient the more you have, Youmuu's actually synergizes with Jayce's ultimate. For the same reason, the conflict between flat and percentage reduction/penetration is vastly overstated.
    I believe he meant his hammer E.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terribad View Post
    It also needs more protoculture matrix.
    What would be really cool is subtle changes in skin as it "evolves"
    Like this guy!
    He actually does get subtle changes in skin.

Upgrade claws, his claws turn hueg.

Upgrade spikes, his spike launching things on his shoulders get bigger.

Upgrade leap, he grows wings.

Upgrade his ult and he gets recolored on base skin, while Mecha Kha'Zix gets armor plating of awesomeness.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    That would make no sense.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    It actually reads cleaner if we assume Eld was talking about Jayce's shred, though.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and agree with Teron about the overstatement of the conflict between flat and percentage pen. I mean, c'mon, flat pen's got increasing returns on your investment.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    He actually does get subtle changes in skin.

Upgrade claws, his claws turn hueg.

Upgrade spikes, his spike launching things on his shoulders get bigger.

Upgrade leap, he grows wings.

Upgrade his ult and he gets recolored on base skin, while Mecha Kha'Zix gets armor plating of awesomeness.
    Nice! Are you able to upgrade the same skill more than once?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Banned

Laudandus has been spamming Jayce games for a while now, and recently posted this build:
    Quote Originally Posted by Laudandus View Post
    I've been doing a new Jayce build lately, and I've become convinced it's much better than Triforce/BT or BT rush or IE or whatever I was doing before. I go philo/hog first in lane (this works fine because the base damages on Jayce's abilities are so off the charts he can still bully almost anyone). Then I go for the CDR cap as fast as possible, with items like Shurelia's (always), Zeke's (if AD carry is fed) and Frozen Heart (if no one has it). From there I usually complete Randuin's or build Hexdrinker depending on what I need, and after those items generally build a Last Whisper.

At some point in every build I get a phage, so near the end of the game I turn that phage into a Trinity Force or Frozen Mallet depending on how much damage I'm taking in team fights.

With this build I actually think Jayce is broken. He pushes everything I've tested this against (I've run it 10 or so times) out of lane completely, still does extremely high damage because of his ludicrous base values, and builds essentially full tank. His previously awkward scaling has started to feel near-top-tier.
    But IE+Executioner's might work too.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Hell, it's about damn time. Looks pretty damn good too. Now to decide which skin is the best for her; stick with Dryad or go with Divine, hmm?
    Awww yeah. Time to spam Soraka games.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Laudandus has been spamming Jayce games for a while now, and recently posted this build:
    Laudandus' build is fairly similar to what I've been using myself mostly (and since Jayce came out he has probably been my most played champion).

I used to start with Philo Stone (into Shurelya's later), and then get Trinity Force, Frozen Heart, Maw of Malmortius and Last Whisper, in varying order depending on the game. Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads for boots, as the opposition demanded.

I've found though that I was very often winning my lane hard early on, often denying or zoning my lane opponent to a large degree, and Philo Stone didn't give me enough direct combat power to snowball this lead into even more dominance, so if I went Philo Stone and my opponent went for combat items, that would give them a chance to get back into the game. I've therefore started to skip the Philo Stone and instead get Zeke's Herald at some point.

Essentially, I believe CDR is absolutely crucial on Jayce (if nothing else, one wants to be able to switch forms as often as possible), and his base numbers are good enough that damage is generally a secondary concern; tankiness and utility are usually preferable.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2012-09-21 at 04:36 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terribad View Post
    Nice! Are you able to upgrade the same skill more than once?
    No, sadly.

There's just this super wrong feeling of having one ability unupgraded.

Wings you always want upgraded, though I'd upgrade it second.

I'm not sure on the upgrade to the ult, I think that it'd take a LOT more skill with the champ than I have to make the ult upgrade worth while, but he looks cool with it.

I think the W upgrade might actually be much stronger than we think, and I feel like maxing that first would be reliable, from a laning perspective.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Laudandus' build is fairly similar to what I've been using myself mostly (and since Jayce came out he has probably been my most played champion).

I used to start with Philo Stone (into Shurelya's later), and then get Trinity Force, Frozen Heart, Maw of Malmortius and Last Whisper, in varying order depending on the game. Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads for boots, as the opposition demanded.

I've found though that I was very often winning my lane hard early on, often denying or zoning my lane opponent to a large degree, and Philo Stone didn't give me enough direct combat power to snowball this lead into even more dominance, so if I went Philo Stone and my opponent went for combat items, that would give them a chance to get back into the game. I've therefore started to skip the Philo Stone and instead get Zeke's Herald at some point.

Essentially, I believe CDR is absolutely crucial on Jayce (if nothing else, one wants to be able to switch forms as often as possible), and his base numbers are good enough that damage is generally a secondary concern; tankiness and utility are usually preferable.
    I find generally that if I'm losing lane as Jayce, it's not because I'm not winning trades but because I'm running out of mana; he can turn mana into free damage with ranged EQ, so I like the Philo for lane dominance.

I can see a build that wants to focus on pure combat strength, and use W hammer passive for mana sustain. His AD scaling actually seems not that good to me, so I'd probably just rush either Glacial Shroud or Hexdrinker, depending on damage type of my lane opponent. Maybe an early vamp scepter, too, to compensate for the sustain lost without early Shurelia's.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Inspired by a recent LoL music video, I've been playing lots of Crit Runes Gangplank recently. It is insanely hilarious. Anyone not Riven or Jax will eventually succumb to the red numbers of doom.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

So I was trying to try the new Gaul-named bug in PBE, but couldn't because someone else always instalocked him faster. So instead I decided hey why not try Syndra.

My face after the first game:
    Spoiler
    Show

Seriously, she's weird. Pushing the balls into people with E is strange and I barely ever seem to hit. And the balls last way too little to do much piling up. And I have no idea how the ulti works.

Probably the strangest character I've played in this game.