New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Last time Hecarim was free, I played several times and had a very positive experience with him. This week, I've yet to have a single even okay game with him. Has he changed, or am I just bad with him now?
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Ok, so you say these things. Care to elaborate? I just don't see it.
    Most of Darius' damage comes from his spells, so garen could, for instance, walk up to him and hit him with Decisive Strike in response to being pulled and either keep attacking for just spin away while darius can't do much back.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Colossus in the Playground

Eve has enough range to farm vs. most mages, she's fast and she has a lot of burst + decent sustained damage with a good shield on her ult; makes her a bitch to skillshot and quite has to kill overall while giving her decent kill potential and obviously a stealthy character roams really well. She's just a pretty good mid overall.

As for Garen vs. Darius, try it. Garen outdamages Darius early, plain and simple, and both have an execution out of which Garen's will do more damage much of the time and the multidunking doesn't exactly matter on lane. And Garen's CC hits Darius very hard while Darius really doesn't want to pull Garen to him. And Garen's faster thanks to his Q (initiation/disengagement advantage), and has high innate MR and Armor to counter Darius's natural hybrid damage.

EDIT: "Key Bindings - It is now possible to bind the "Cast Spell", "Summoner Spell" and "Recall" actions to any combination of keyboard keys. (Longer key combinations will not display a bind next to the ability icon in the HUD.)"

**** YEAH! Waited for two years! It's finally done!

Here's the whole patch notes:
    27.9.2012 Patch Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver
    • Kha'Zix will be released at a later date, pending completion of testing on the PBE.

Rengar
    • Savagery
      • Cooldown increased to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds from 6 seconds at all ranks
    • Battle Roar
      • Damage reduced to 60/100/140/180/220 from 75/120/165/210/255
      • Armor and Magic resist bonus reduced to 15/22/29/36/43 from 20/30/40/50/60

Soraka

Syndra
    • Dark Sphere
      • Damage increased to 70/110/150/190/230 from 60/100/140/180/220
      • Ability Power ratio increased to 0.6 from 0.5
      • Mana cost reduced to 40/50/60/70/80 from 50/60/70/80/90
    • Scatter the Weak
      • Range increased to 650 from 600
      • Missile Speed increased to 2500 from 2000
      • Improved sphere stun detection when a sphere is first knocked away
    • Force of Will
      • Throw Range increased to 950 from 900
    • Unleashed Power
      • Ability Power ratio per sphere increased to 0.2 from 0.15

Xin Zhao
    • Three Talon Strike
      • Fixed: Bonus damage no longer applies to critical strikes
    • Audacious Charge
      • Fixed: Slow is now reduced by Tenacity

Spectator Mode
    • You may now spectate any game being spectated by a player on your friends list

General
    • Added new particles to Sight Wards and Vision Wards
    • Updated tool-tips for Ashe, Cho'gath, Ryze and Sona
    • Updated Lore for Soraka and Warwick
    • On rare occasion, players may now be asked for their feedback at the end of a game.
    • Key Bindings - It is now possible to bind the "Cast Spell", "Summoner Spell" and "Recall" actions to any combination of keyboard keys. (Longer key combinations will not display a bind next to the ability icon in the HUD.)
    • Bugfix: User Interface - It is now possible to cancel the spending of an ability point via the level-up button after the mouse has been clicked, as long as the mouse cursor is moved off of the level-up button before releasing the click.
    • The green border around items will now only appear for clickable items (consumable or active-effect items)

I quite like this. A lot of stuff I've waited for a long time like key bindings and Soraka model upgrade, alongside the much needed Syndra buff and some Rengar nerfs (don't think sufficient but we'll see). Hope Xin remains viable even with these bugfixes, however.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-09-27 at 09:19 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

I have 7746 ip.

I can't decide if I want to buy a rune page or a 6300 champ.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post

Jax

I find the odd thing with Jax, once he gets to level ~11 and has trinity force he cannot be duel by just about anybody. I'm also struggling to find a good way to transition to this to make his early game stronger.

I've been playing with the following:

Boots + 3p -> double Dorans -> Trin force
    Boots + 3p -> Vamp sceptre -> Trin force
    Boots + 3p -> Cutlass -> Trin force
    Boots + 3p -> Philo -> TF

It depends on the lane but I think the vamp sceptre -> TF is the ideal build i'd want to go for because it allows you to hit his godmode status earliest. However the double dorans is necessary against certain laners because you can't take advantage of just standing in the minion line and bullying anyone who comes closest.

After TF, I agree with the previous posters, go for tanky. Wits, Giant's belt, GA, Hex Drinker, Randuins. Things like that to just keep you auto attacking longer.
    Yes that's what I'm trying to do as well! If I can get a TF early in the game, then I'm set. If I can't, then I often find that I lag WAY behind, and end up becoming much weaker than I should be.

I've found that lanes like Teemo, Vlad, Rumble, etc. with a good ranged harass give me the most trouble in lane. I know that I can always Leap Attack to them, but when I disengage they easily make up the difference.

How do you normally counter these type of champions with Jax?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Here's the whole patch notes:
    27.9.2012 Patch Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver
    • Kha'Zix will be released at a later date, pending completion of testing on the PBE.

Rengar
    • Savagery
      • Cooldown increased to 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds from 6 seconds at all ranks
    • Battle Roar
      • Damage reduced to 60/100/140/180/220 from 75/120/165/210/255
      • Armor and Magic resist bonus reduced to 15/22/29/36/43 from 20/30/40/50/60

Soraka

Syndra
    • Dark Sphere
      • Damage increased to 70/110/150/190/230 from 60/100/140/180/220
      • Ability Power ratio increased to 0.6 from 0.5
      • Mana cost reduced to 40/50/60/70/80 from 50/60/70/80/90
    • Scatter the Weak
      • Range increased to 650 from 600
      • Missile Speed increased to 2500 from 2000
      • Improved sphere stun detection when a sphere is first knocked away
    • Force of Will
      • Throw Range increased to 950 from 900
    • Unleashed Power
      • Ability Power ratio per sphere increased to 0.2 from 0.15

Xin Zhao
    • Three Talon Strike
      • Fixed: Bonus damage no longer applies to critical strikes
    • Audacious Charge
      • Fixed: Slow is now reduced by Tenacity

Spectator Mode
    • You may now spectate any game being spectated by a player on your friends list

General
    • Added new particles to Sight Wards and Vision Wards
    • Updated tool-tips for Ashe, Cho'gath, Ryze and Sona
    • Updated Lore for Soraka and Warwick
    • On rare occasion, players may now be asked for their feedback at the end of a game.
    • Key Bindings - It is now possible to bind the "Cast Spell", "Summoner Spell" and "Recall" actions to any combination of keyboard keys. (Longer key combinations will not display a bind next to the ability icon in the HUD.)
    • Bugfix: User Interface - It is now possible to cancel the spending of an ability point via the level-up button after the mouse has been clicked, as long as the mouse cursor is moved off of the level-up button before releasing the click.
    • The green border around items will now only appear for clickable items (consumable or active-effect items)
    While I agree that Syndra need some improvement, it definately was not to her damage. Her problem was just manageing to pull her combo off because of balls flying in every which way except the way you pointed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
    Yes that's what I'm trying to do as well! If I can get a TF early in the game, then I'm set. If I can't, then I often find that I lag WAY behind, and end up becoming much weaker than I should be.

I've found that lanes like Teemo, Vlad, Rumble, etc. with a good ranged harass give me the most trouble in lane. I know that I can always Leap Attack to them, but when I disengage they easily make up the difference.

I've actually not played Jax for a while but when I fought against a Rumble I really struggled. Luckily the player didn't follow me out of lane once so I took 2 blues and ganked mid twice.

Honestly i'd solve the problem by calling for repeated ganks and buying a heavy MR item early to stem the tide of harass. With characters like vlad, though I know it can go really different if they play well, you need to trade and when doing so put out a lot of damage. Abuse the brush, jump him with leap strike into counterstrike stun and empowered ult hit then dive straight into the bush so if he wants to counter attack you he ends up coming into melee range.

Overall though just play safe and farm up, Jax does so much more late game than Teemo or Rumble, even Vlad, so even coming out of lane even means your team comes out ahead for that lane.

Dropping the turret early can be useful if you can snowball that advantage into an early dragon/kills in mid or bot/stealing jungle camps/buffs.

8. - Top - End - #458

Teemo specifically, jump on him, smach him with an Empower and walk away Counter-Striking so he can't hit you. Make huge use of bushes and try to not let him build up shroom-stacks of death (pink ward in the most relevant bush might not be a bad idea). If he's near a bush you can leap out, hit him and walk back into the bush, forcing a disengage. If he's not near a bush, he's either far from the minions or close to the river, which makes jungle ganks easier. Next point: Jungle ganks. If you're in a bad matchup, jungle ganks may be necessary to win it.

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    While I agree that Syndra need some improvement, it definately was not to her damage. Her problem was just manageing to pull her combo off because of balls flying in every which way except the way you pointed them.
    She had her range and projectile speeds improved which were her biggest hurdle IMHO. And I don't think she got enough damage over her longer range brethern to compensate, either.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

8000 ip.

I have two rune pages, should I go get another, or should I purchase a champ?

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    8000 ip.

I have two rune pages, should I go get another, or should I purchase a champ?
    Up to you. Do you need an extra rune page to fill another role? Or do you see any champs you really want to have (Like the new champion for me. Thats why I'm sitting on 8000 Ip waiting for him to come out. I mean, this is one of the few new champions that I want to come out asap! He looks so much fun!)
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

I honestly have no idea. My two current rune pages are AD Marks/GP Seals/MR Glyphs/GP Quints and Armor Marks/Seals/Quints & MR Glyphs.

I've found that having a built in GP10 is usually a massive advantage, while my "total defense" rune page is reserved for when I tank.

My primary concern is that spending my IP on a rune page won't actually add anything to my effectiveness; on the other hand, I don't know if there's any particular champ I want to buy.

13. - Top - End - #463

Rumble, call for a gank until you kill him. Then you should be able to get a hexdrinker and kill him whenever you want.

Vlad, level 3, jump on him and follow him till he cries for mommy. Early levels vlad can't sustain or out trade you so get ahead QUICKLY or lose later.

Teemo...I dunno, never faced a teemo.

14. - Top - End - #464

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    I've actually not played Jax for a while but when I fought against a Rumble I really struggled. Luckily the player didn't follow me out of lane once so I took 2 blues and ganked mid twice.
    My biggest problem was that anytime I disengaged, he would just follow up with E's for damage.

Honestly i'd solve the problem by calling for repeated ganks and buying a heavy MR item early to stem the tide of harass. With characters like vlad, though I know it can go really different if they play well, you need to trade and when doing so put out a lot of damage. Abuse the brush, jump him with leap strike into counterstrike stun and empowered ult hit then dive straight into the bush so if he wants to counter attack you he ends up coming into melee range.
    Ahh bush is important. I really should use that better. Although a lot of the times I feel that I'm pushed to my tower and I don't know where to go.

Overall though just play safe and farm up, Jax does so much more late game than Teemo or Rumble, even Vlad, so even coming out of lane even means your team comes out ahead for that lane.

Dropping the turret early can be useful if you can snowball that advantage into an early dragon/kills in mid or bot/stealing jungle camps/buffs.
    The problem for me is that when I try to "play safe" they seem me as a timid Jax and just start harassing me out of lane. Without any sustain I find it hard to stay in lane getting cs under the constant pressure (esp with some like Rumble or Vlad who don't depend on mana for harass)

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Teemo specifically, jump on him, smach him with an Empower and walk away Counter-Striking so he can't hit you. Make huge use of bushes and try to not let him build up shroom-stacks of death (pink ward in the most relevant bush might not be a bad idea). If he's near a bush you can leap out, hit him and walk back into the bush, forcing a disengage. If he's not near a bush, he's either far from the minions or close to the river, which makes jungle ganks easier. Next point: Jungle ganks. If you're in a bad matchup, jungle ganks may be necessary to win it.
    Yeah I agree - jungle ganks help a lot.

The tips on using brush though are really good! Thanks for that guys!

Rumble, call for a gank until you kill him. Then you should be able to get a hexdrinker and kill him whenever you want.

Vlad, level 3, jump on him and follow him till he cries for mommy. Early levels vlad can't sustain or out trade you so get ahead QUICKLY or lose later.

Teemo...I dunno, never faced a teemo.

Ahh Vlad has problems early on? That's great to know!

I heard the same thing about Rumble - should I also try to engage early for them as well?

The issue was that I thought Jax had a weak early game so I'm always hesitant to go after them so early in the game.

15. - Top - End - #465

I heard the same thing about Rumble - should I also try to engage early for them as well?

The issue was that I thought Jax had a weak early game so I'm always hesitant to go after them so early in the game.
    Jax has a good level 3 and an even better level 6, so try to initiate a fight at those levels before your opponent gets an idea of just how much damage you can actually do.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Yeah vlad is really weak before 6 and then weak till 9 or so. but after that you need to be ahead or you lose. Also going even with a vlad is basically a lost lane normally because of how good his ult is, and how tanky and damagey he is.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

There was a point in time where Jax probably had the strongest level 2 in the game, and while he's been toned down a great deal he can still threaten a good deal of champions at that stage. Rumble in particular can't trade very well until at least level 3, so establsh as much presence as you can. You don't really need Counterstrike against Vlad or Rumble at that stage, so engaging on them before 3 is probably the best idea. Vlad's second Q rank and Rumble's third skill are really big deals, whereas you don't get another point into Empower until 4.

Vlad is still really scary, and his early range is actually pretty hard to overcome. Even if you do get ahead, he can still be difficult to deny and even if you manage to deny him his massive farm potential will kick in shortly after he hits double digit levels so he'll still be relevant lategame. If you don't get ahead early, I don't really know how to handle 2x Doran's Shield + Revolver Vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Why not? Her Q does very little damage and her ult was even worse. Neither of them compared well to similar abilities in range, mana cost, and damage, so I think fixing their ratios was a big step.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-09-27 at 12:28 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Dryad Soraka. Once on sale for ~200ish RP.

So awesome looking now. So so cool.

Time to spam Soraka games.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

19. - Top - End - #469

SwashbucklerGuy

Jax has a good level 3 and an even better level 6, so try to initiate a fight at those levels before your opponent gets an idea of just how much damage you can actually do.
    Ahh I see I see. That's great to know thanks!

I will start to harass more at those levels to try to get ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Yeah vlad is really weak before 6 and then weak till 9 or so. but after that you need to be ahead or you lose. Also going even with a vlad is basically a lost lane normally because of how good his ult is, and how tanky and damagey he is.
    Ahh okay so for Vlad I have until level 9 to really stomp on him. After that, if I'm not ahead I guess I'll just be in big trouble

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh okay so for Vlad I have until level 9 to really stomp on him. After that, if I'm not ahead I guess I'll just be in big trouble
    Keep in mind he is weak but still has good trade if eq is up (like 9+ cd before level 7.) so assuming it is safe jump and empower hit him whenever it is up.

I will try to add more when i have access to a keyboard.
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2012-09-27 at 12:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Keep in mind he is weak but still has good trade if eq is up (like 9+ cd before level 7.) so assuming it is safe jump and empower hit him whenever it is up.

I will try to add more when i have access to a keyboard.
    In addition, thus it is a good idea to wait for a vlad to waste a Q on a minion before jumping on him, however that is skill dependent as the best vlads almost never Q a minion if the enemy champ is close, as they prefer to harass with it.

Also remember that if a vlad blood pool's away, he still loses health, so even if jump on him and he immediately W's, you still dealt some good damage.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Why not? Her Q does very little damage and her ult was even worse. Neither of them compared well to similar abilities in range, mana cost, and damage, so I think fixing their ratios was a big step.
    I thought her ult did a lot of damage with enough orbs up? But I'm not sure of the specific numbers, so that might be a misunderstanding on my part.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

It did do a lot of damage if you had 6 or 7 orbs up.

But I challenge you to find a way to get 6 or 7 orbs up consistently.

24. - Top - End - #474

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    I thought her ult did a lot of damage with enough orbs up? But I'm not sure of the specific numbers, so that might be a misunderstanding on my part.
    It does but that just gives you burst; her Q is basically her only low cooldown damage spell so it really needs to hurt a bit for her to be good. Also, her ult has great bases but the scaling is horribly poor on the ult; Veigar has a significantly better single target scaling on his ult compared to even the very-rare 6-Orb Syndra ult (but her base is much higher). And like infinitely better than the 5-orb and 4-orb versions.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Banned

Eve's range is good enough for farming in mid, she's pretty hard to pin down, she can be pretty opportunistic about trading when the opponent uses a CD to farm, and her gank support and roaming are fantastic.

Garen cuts off Darius' damage with silence and his CC with mini-ghost + anti-slow.

26. - Top - End - #476

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Eve's range is good enough for farming in mid, she's pretty hard to pin down, she can be pretty opportunistic about trading when the opponent uses a CD to farm, and her gank support and roaming are fantastic.

Garen cuts off Darius' damage with silence and his CC with mini-ghost + anti-slow.
    Alright. I can see how garen is good versus him (except that garens W does nothing for darius's true damage ult) and as for Eve, I will take your work for it.

I still expect that ryze would be an amazing counter to Eve after the first blue gets passed off.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. I can see how garen is good versus him (except that garens W does nothing for darius's true damage ult) and as for Eve, I will take your work for it.
    Garen's W decreases incoming damage by a flat amount.

It's one of the only steroids that does help against Darius' true damage ult.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel the need to acquire a new champion.

I've been eyeing Jax and Xin - for that whole jump-on-people thing. I don't have that. In a similar vein, one might consider Rengar and Pantheon.

Of course, I may have it entirely wrong, and jumping on people is no fun at all. After all, I've been failing sadly at the whole carry thing thus far.

Speaking of which ......

I spectated a game. It was very even - in a strange way. One team had Teemo chain-murdering Anivia in mid, the other had Varus (with the aid of Soraka) chain killing bot lane.

And then ... there was Master Yi. The game was like ... very even - then very even - then very even ... then Master Yi killed EVERYONE.

He got a quadra, another quadra, then a pentakill.

Why can't I play Yi like that. Phoui! :p

It was an awesome show though - despite my jealousy.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    I feel the need to acquire a new champion.

I've been eyeing Jax and Xin - for that whole jump-on-people thing. I don't have that. In a similar vein, one might consider Rengar and Pantheon.

Of course, I may have it entirely wrong, and jumping on people is no fun at all. After all, I've been failing sadly at the whole carry thing thus far.

Speaking of which ......

I spectated a game. It was very even - in a strange way. One team had Teemo chain-murdering Anivia in mid, the other had Varus (with the aid of Soraka) chain killing bot lane.

And then ... there was Master Yi. The game was like ... very even - then very even - then very even ... then Master Yi killed EVERYONE.

He got a quadra, another quadra, then a pentakill.

Why can't I play Yi like that. Phoui! :p

It was an awesome show though - despite my jealousy.
    AP, I assume?

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Garen's W decreases incoming damage by a flat amount.

It's one of the only steroids that does help against Darius' true damage ult.
    I thought they got rid of that feature....Huh, I always thought the 20% MR and Armor bonus was tied to the activation and not the passive.

So how do people skill garen now adays anyway? R>E>W>Q with one level of Q at level 1?

Also, once again I would like to point out that the new champion spotlights (soraka and Zix) both show currently underplayed and possibly UP heroes like garen, syndra as well as currently overplayed and possibly OP heroes like morgana and rengar. This is a good example of riot actually play testing possible problem champions.
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2012-09-27 at 02:20 PM.