New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    So.

I just had the BEST game.

gg riot soraka op now
    Oh man, that Nasus seems to have a really horrid time. I mean, he's a tricky champ sometimes, but 20 deaths? Also, the build makes me cry, but that's another story entirely.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Oh man, that Nasus seems to have a really horrid time. I mean, he's a tricky champ sometimes, but 20 deaths? Also, the build makes me cry, but that's another story entirely.
    All told, I think they're quite a bit related. He's almost 100% squish item-wise, which really does explain why he's dying so much. Well, that and Revive.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Our Nasus was a level 4 duo queued with a level 30 (that being Gangplank). It was his first PvP win.

I was annoyed at him during the game because I thought he was feeding on purpose (he'd run into towers and die and everything), but we 4v5ed admirably by the end. Despite the disparity in kills and large difference in assists we ended with a 7k gold advantage. It's probably thanks to more dragons, more turrets and baron... but Nasus being worth less gold than a caster minion may have also been a factor.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    I was annoyed at him during the game because I thought he was feeding on purpose (he'd run into towers and die and everything), but we 4v5ed admirably by the end.
    I didn't think people would be that stupid, but then I got my brother to try League, and he'd constantly run into towers, and then run away going "oh god, why is it shooting me".
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Just got out of my first game as kayle in a long while.

Holy crap. At some point, between last time I played and this time, I learned how to last hit.

I went top against a Maokai and just... wrecked. I zoned him hard, bullied him into tower hugging and basically free farmed. Their kennen ganked me twice and I got away virtually unscathed both times.

I went 9/1/? with my one death being a very stupid one at level 7 when Rammus invaded their jungle, tripped over their jungler, and me + Lux + Rammus 3v3'd Kennen + Trundle + Maokai, and I ended up split off from the fight, with just me and Kennen and got beaten out for it.

Lesson learned, next time we met, I had an IE, my ult up, and he had some pansy AP items. I ate him.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Banned

I thought I didn't know how to play Twisted Treeline.

Then I stopped playing bruisers and started playing AD carries.

Several consecutive ranked wins and a gold badge later, I'm no longer concerned that I don't know how to play Twisted Treeline. My problem is more general: I just don't know how to play melee champions. Good to know.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, there's TT Ranked? All I see when I hit TT is a normals option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Wait, there's TT Ranked? All I see when I hit TT is a normals option.
    You need three people. No solo queue.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    I didn't think people would be that stupid, but then I got my brother to try League, and he'd constantly run into towers, and then run away going "oh god, why is it shooting me".

Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

10. - Top - End - #520

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I guess the Kha'Zix patch had... -> ... bugs.
    That reminds me... need to take a screenshot of a Lulu ulted Kha'Zix then make a post on Riot's forums claiming I found a huge bug in the game...

11. - Top - End - #521
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    That reminds me... need to take a screenshot of a Lulu ulted Kha'Zix then make a post on Riot's forums claiming I found a huge bug in the game...
    Don't forget Surge and relic buff.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

12. - Top - End - #522

How do I Sivir? I do well with Caitlyn and Tristana and Graves, but I want to learn Sivir.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Don't forget Surge and relic buff.
    "I told my teammates about the bug, but they (Lulu) only made it worse."
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    How do I Sivir? I do well with Caitlyn and Tristana and Graves, but I want to learn Sivir.
    Your W is an autoattack reset, so attack + W wins trades better than just attack. Use your E to react to skill shots and slow projectiles, try to bait things when possible and be careful when it's not up. Your Q is a huge nuke, and you should either fish for landing it in lane or use it to farm, depending on whether you're losing lane really badly. Your ult rocks, and should be used either at the start of teamfights or when you're ahead in lane and are near your tower (you can chase them all the way back to their tower, and probably kill them before they get there).

Build standard AD carry, max Q > W > E > R or Q > E > W > R, depending on how consistently you can spell shield things (both in terms of your personal skill, and in terms of what there is to shield).

15. - Top - End - #525
    Colossus in the Playground

E not only to skillshots but all spells really; blocking Graves Buckshots adds up real fast not to mention taking out the Collateral Damage for instance. Of course, blocking Alistar combo (yes, the whole combo is blocked if he does it at the normal speed) is always awesome, and Sona Qs and stuff like that.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post

Good times.
    I love how the Tristana went 0/18/2, and goes "learn to play noobs, easy win."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post

Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    I love how the Tristana went 0/18/2, and goes "learn to play noobs, easy win."

Yeah, that trist had no right to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    When you do that, post the LoL thread link here for us!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

My personal favourite for Sivir spell shield are long channels. Like Nunu ult. He has to stand still, for a longish while - taking my hurtful attacks while achieving nothing. Yea.

Also, either take different runes than I do, or get a mana item. She doesn't have an actual mana pool - more like a small puddle.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Yeah, that trist had no right to talk.
    It's called jokes.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    It's called jokes.
    Well sorry. I do the tribunal alot and I've seen alot of cases exactly like that. So I was sure the guy was trash talking the enemy when I looked at that.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

It's called jokes.
    I... don't really think so? That doesn't strike me as joking, that strikes me as trash talking, from someone who doesn't deserve any sort of praise for their behavior.

Even assuming it was an in house game.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    I... don't really think so? That doesn't strike me as joking, that strikes me as trash talking, from someone who doesn't deserve any sort of praise for their behavior.

Even assuming it was an in house game.
    In house games for Elo are OP.
    Also, that Tristana ranged from "acting completely clueless, standing around places such as jungle for no reason", then "apologizing for letting a 10 year old brother play" to this. So peculiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's called jokes.
    Looks like trolling to me. Then again, it's probably funny to him/her.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2012-09-28 at 12:42 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

I think that it's funny. I don't know what sort of expectations you have of other human beings, but regardless of whether it was intentionally or unintentionally ironic the situation still strikes me as quite amusing.

25. - Top - End - #535

Hey I've finally seen something I hate more than an Anivia blind-rushing a catalyst: Recalling with a blue buff.

Seriously, you're Anivia.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #536

Eh, if you're low on HP or your Blue is about to run out and the wave is at the enemy tower, I would consider recalling.

27. - Top - End - #537

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Eh, if you're low on HP or your Blue is about to run out and the wave is at the enemy tower, I would consider recalling.
    That's not the common situation I see. Usually it's. "Welp, level 7 with my first Blue buff. OH NOES OUT OF MANA" *Recall*. I guess I should say 'mana recall with blue'.

Seriously, that second blue is where Anivia is setting up for a lane win. Usually you're wanting to attract more-than-healthy attention from their jungler due to clearing waves to the tower, keeping river clear for your team, then attrition. They either get pushed out by minion damage, wear down their tower and lose CS, or are Gragas. I hate Gragas.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-09-28 at 02:21 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Would anyone be up for playing some games tonight? I need more practice as anivia, and don't really want to throw myself into solo queue...

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Would anyone be up for playing some games tonight? I need more practice as anivia, and don't really want to throw myself into solo queue...
    I'd be up for playing some games, but I don't want to play with someone who's never played any non-bot games. Are you that, or are you gust getting to know how to play Anivia with bot games?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #540

Okay, how did this happen?

PVP Dominion. Both teams had a Poppy who ended up going #1. The enemy team's Poppy went 16/6/10; I went 10/6/4. A couple other champions on my team had decent KDA ratios, but I remember nobody on my team was even close to my total score, so it's not like we had four arsekickers and one feeder. And yet, somehow, we absolutely clobbered them - won with about half our nexus health left. I mean, I know you can win without necessarily winning fights, but the final kill scores compared to the nexus scores just seemed totally out of whack.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.