New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

I can sometimes carry as jungle Rammus if I get my first couple ganks. Who needs to deal damage when the ADC is hitting themself for 3 seconds?
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    I can sometimes carry as jungle Rammus if I get my first couple ganks. Who needs to deal damage when the ADC is hitting themself for 3 seconds?
    I too have Jungle Rammus issues.

Also, if there were an ability which caused someone to literally hit themselves in League, it would be incredibly annoying as an ability.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

I can play a capable Jungle Nautilus, but I've come to the realization that I can't carry with him. His damage is pretty mediocre, so I rely on my teammates to kill for me, which is iffy.

If I want to carry or make an impact from the jungle, which characters would you recommend? Oh and a champion like Lee Sin takes more mechanical skill than I have time to master ;_;

I'm thinking Amumu or Hecarim for my next project.
    I would recomend Shyvana, fast clearing time, very mobile, decent aoe damage and good initiation.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    I can play a capable Jungle Nautilus, but I've come to the realization that I can't carry with him. His damage is pretty mediocre, so I rely on my teammates to kill for me, which is iffy.

If I want to carry or make an impact from the jungle, which characters would you recommend? Oh and a champion like Lee Sin takes more mechanical skill than I have time to master ;_;

I'm thinking Amumu or Hecarim for my next project.
    Well, you can actually carry with either, it's just a matter of completely different playstyles. I wanted to hit gold this season on my EU West account, did it rather effortlessly with mostly jungle Alistar games and he isn't known for huge damage. He is there for the ganks, and his ganks are so good that if your laner only knows how to follow up on them, you will get kills or force the enemy out.

On the other hand, someone like Shyvana, while she farms a lot and can become a tanky beast, also lacks in ways to help out losing lanes like the tanky junglers do. She still has certain strengths that make her viable - her malleability, her great base stats and damage, her counterjungling. Some of them don't come into play if she's shut down, though that usually doesn't happen at low skill levels.

If you want a jungler that can beat up solo queuers, gank lanes and become a scary mid game presence, play Lee Sin or Darius. Both are pretty damn scary to face in the jungle. They're not late-game carries, but if you're fed a lot of kills, you can become way more self-reliant than another jungle. You want to ward their jungle and countergank them at any point while killing the enemy whenever they're slightly overextended. If you are Lee Sin and you catch someone low, they're not escaping.
    If you want a jungler who just wants to set up sure-fire kills for your laners to follow up and scale well without items, keep playing Nautilus or pick Maokai or Alistar or even Rammus. If you ping enough and at least appear to know what you're doing (usually achieved by getting first blood in a cascade of ganks and you hit your skillshots), your laners will follow up and you will get kills on enemies which will win your lanes. Later on you scale to become a really strong tank and your initiation can cause games to be won or lost. They don't require nearly as much gold, so if you want to keep on being a ganking machine, it's good to learn when to buy Oracle's for their wards to keep them on their toes.
    For farming goodness that has a lot of scaling and can deal a lot of damage by itself, Skarner, Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, Nocturne, Hecarim and... Amumu all come to my mind. All of them require quite a lot of farm to really carry (a fed Amumu deals tons of damage, but an unfed one is still very good utility), yet they have easy means of gaining said farm. Note that all of those are considered some of the better bruiser/tank picks for late game. (Which pretty much means they provide more utility than Lee Sin.)

I'd recommend Dr. Mundo for the moment. He is strong for learning the ropes of counerjungling. His options are numerous; he can gank at level 2 with red buff or opt for farming his own jungle or harassing the enemy jungle; he has really good clearing speed; and, while he does stay low in the jungle, he's not quite as helpless as a lot of other junglers; in fact, at full health, he's one hell of a duelist. His negative sustain makes his early game relatively weak if he's caught unprepared, but he scales into a monster with a lot of damage. He just needs some items, but he has ways to acquire them either through farm or reckless ganking. He's a top pick and a very flexible jungler. And he's cheap! If you run the standard ASpeed/Armor/Mres/MoveSpeed runepage (it's customary for Nautilus), it will work well for Mundo as well. Start Cloth + 5, go 9/21/0 or 0/21/9, and go where you please.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-10-02 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post

Also, if there were an ability which caused someone to literally hit themselves in League, it would be incredibly annoying as an ability.
    I played Rammus on Dominion right after the KZ release. I had no idea how to play him, but it turns out if you build Frozen Heart+Thornmail+Void Staff against Rengar/Kha'Zix/Xin Zhao/Talon/Garen, you do just fine regardless.
    delete Teemo.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Banned

Something like such?

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    Ahpffshaahahahahahahahaha.

No.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    Um... What?!

I just want a champ who has a targeted ability that makes ranged AAs into straight-line skillshots that can hit allies of the target as well as enemies.

Unfortunately, I can't think of what that would do to melee AAs (generally, there isn't an ally between the meleer and their target). Tiny cone skillshot that only hits the nearest unit? Still not as good an effect as on ranged, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

So, I got an honor point in a solo que! And in this game where I just dominated the entire game!
    Spoiler
    Show

It was for being helpful, but I didn't realy give any advice or anything. I just outplayed my opponents in positioning, holding them off from capping their bot tower by myself and then killing both of them instantly when Riven arrived and still living. Maybe the fact I always came down to help her hold their tower was the reason she may have given me an honor point as helpful. (I'm pretty sure it was her. When the above thing happened, she responded, "Wow Jayce! Not bad."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #670
    Banned

Egad, I just tilted to my lowest Elo since hitting 1700. a;jdfgbotrsed;jireaol;hedsjaliorj

I dunno, nobody seems to complain much about Fiora.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    And how do you plan on shutting him down? He can just farm at tower and take wraith for like forever. Or gank sidelines. Or contest dragon. etc.
    Yeah, cause AP Yi is an auto-win button and everyone should play him.

I didn't say it was easy to shut AP Yi down, but it can be done, just like every other champ that relies on items to function.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I dunno, nobody seems to complain much about Fiora.
    Oh yeah her...

I was thinking in the more literal sense (Mundo hitting himself w/ his Cleaver, Irelia's own blades hitting her, Katarina stabbing herself, ect.).

Fiora's annoying for other reasons.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maybe a targeted heavy Damage over Time debuff (let's say 3~5 seconds) that triggers an heavy AOE damage to all nearby ally units when the affected champion auto attacks or use an ability. (but you'd get rid of your own DoT)

Make it so your choice is to either take the dot damage until you can get rid of it safely with out hitting any allies. or get rid of it right away so you take maybe a single tick of dot damage and any allies around you take the full AOE damage.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

That seems like a bad idea. People are jerks.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

15. - Top - End - #675

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    That seems like a bad idea. People are jerks.
    It's just a slightly more controllable Zilean bomb.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

If you could avoid zilean bombs by being near allies, people would never just go 'It's okay, I can tank it!'.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #677

Oh yeah her...

I was thinking in the more literal sense (Mundo hitting himself w/ his Cleaver, Irelia's own blades hitting her, Katarina stabbing herself, ect.).

Fiora's annoying for other reasons.
    Something like that would be interesting. Reflecting a chunk of damage back on the source could lead to funny things like reflecting karthus ult to make him kill himself.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

If they ever made a thornmail that reflected magic damage, I'd probably play Rammus for fifty games straight.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

If they ever made a thornmail that reflected magic damage, I'd probably play Rammus for fifty games straight.
    That... would be interesting...

but would it actually put him in a more favorable position?

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Oh yeah her...

I was thinking in the more literal sense (Mundo hitting himself w/ his Cleaver, Irelia's own blades hitting her, Katarina stabbing herself, ect.)
    Irelia's death animation actually involves her own blades impaling her.

It's seriously ****ing brutal.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post

To be fair, she is a lich, so it makes a bit of sense.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Something like that would be interesting. Reflecting a chunk of damage back on the source could lead to funny things like reflecting karthus ult to make him kill himself.
    I think I designed an anticaster champion once that had a spellshield that reflected a portion of the damage the spell would deal.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post

Oh gosh, that is nasty. I checked the original skin to see, and... yeah, it's the same.

25. - Top - End - #685

Planetar

I'm still waiting on a spell steal mechanic.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Pixie in the Playground

Server: NA
    Forum name: RadioAaron
    League name: RadioAaron

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    I'm still waiting on a spell steal mechanic.
    It would be subject to a burden of knowledge and also be quite unfun to play against.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

I am tired of people who think that being high is a good reason to boot up LoL.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    I am tired of people who think that being high is a good reason to boot up LoL.
    Yeah. You need to be high and drunk first.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Firbolg in the Playground

A champion that attacks the enemy's mana supply / cooldowns might be fun. So far I haven't run across that mechanic, but I haven't tried all champions yet.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    A champion that attacks the enemy's mana supply / cooldowns might be fun. So far I haven't run across that mechanic, but I haven't tried all champions yet.
    Didn't wit's end do that and they got rid of it because it countered mana-hungry champs too hard?