New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

This is the most boring game I have ever watched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #722
    Barbarian in the Playground

I love how even the casters are losing their cool about this.

OH MY GOD THE STREAM BROKE. IF THIS HAS TO BE REMADE.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Orc in the Playground

This is the most hysterical game ever. 35 minutes of NOTHING HAPPENS, then stream goes down at 55:00.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

I liked how at the end, the crowd was going wild every time a ward got killed.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    This is the most boring game I have ever watched.
    What game is this?
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quarterfinals of the World Championships. CLG.EU vs. WE.

I'm not going to watch the last part. It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Mephit; 2012-10-06 at 07:22 PM.

7. - Top - End - #727

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    What game is this?
    CLG.EU vs WE, game three. CLG had a lead, but was playing it very, very careful. As in, nothing happened for like twenty minutes careful.

8. - Top - End - #728

Then the internet went down, again.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

I hope the people on the scene won't

start a Riot
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    CLG.EU vs WE, game three. CLG had a lead, but was playing it very, very careful. As in, nothing happened for like twenty minutes careful.
    Not only did they have a lead, they had a super-good initiate and pretty tanky builds. They could have fought and won under any given tower with relative ease, provided Wickd or Snoopeh were tanking it

Instead, they fart about in the top jungle for 25 minutes straight, running the hell away from any given member of WE that came remotely close to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    This is why bot lane is still bot lane, for the most part.

@Eld: don't jix them now! Wickd is the best top laner in the world! I NEED TO BELIEVE.
    Malphite vs. Irelia is a fair lane so he's more than fine this game. I called the Malph-pick after WE picked Ire and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    This is the most hysterical game ever. 35 minutes of NOTHING HAPPENS, then stream goes down at 55:00.
    Yeah, CLG basically forced a victory. They just kept grinding the wards out until WE ran out, forced Baron and methodically pushed without a single risky move, not a single engagement, nothing that could risk their loss. Of course, 60 mins in the awesome power of powerout makes the impossible possible and forces yet another game from a game that had been over for 30 mins.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Banned

So Regi's retiring. Interested in seeing who TSM picks up as AP Mid, even though I don't really like them as a team :P
    Last edited by Leona; 2012-10-06 at 07:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, I've got a question for 'yall.

Is Skarner more of a Tow Truck or a Fork Lift?

Reason: I'm trying to draw my interpretation of Battlecast Skarner. I'm thinking Tow Truck because of the massive hook of pulling people, and the irony that if he were a Forklift, champions could just, ya know, jump off the lift. Anyways, I was curious to hear your guys' input.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

14. - Top - End - #734

BlueKnightGuy

Stream's back up (at least for me), and yes, they did remake. This is...amazing, in a way.

15. - Top - End - #735

Please don't tell me it crashed again.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

Game crashed again. <3

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Please don't tell me it crashed again.
    OK.

So apparently CLG.EU are some kind of indefatigable League-playing robots, and they've elected to go with the Homer strategy.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Colossus in the Playground

Y'know, this reminds me of Endless Eight. After 15500 iterations Wickd will finally realize he still has his summer homeworks undone and the game can finish.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

I wish to express my condolences to the Stability Team at Riot... They're about to have a couple long days ahead.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ettin in the Playground

Also: what's a good way to get better at Skill Shots?

(for instance, I like to jungle Cho'Gath just because of how much delicious sustain he gets in the jungle, but for me, Ganking with his rupture is, well, huge, and just as important a source of damage with him. Unfortunately, my lack of skill with skill shots is showing. Do I basically just practice until I get competent with skill shots in general or more along the lines of a champion to champion basis?

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Also: what's a good way to get better at Skill Shots?

(for instance, I like to jungle Cho'Gath just because of how much delicious sustain he gets in the jungle, but for me, Ganking with his rupture is, well, huge, and just as important a source of damage with him. Unfortunately, my lack of skill with skill shots is showing. Do I basically just practice until I get competent with skill shots in general or more along the lines of a champion to champion basis?
    More playing against human players. Skillshots are a mix of aim (turn off mouse acceleration if you haven't already) and prediction (this will be learned as you pick up more game sense). Do not worry, since like most skills in this game, you can learn skills through "diffusion", as in, playing something extensively in one role will carry over to your skill in other champions in that role. I can land some sick Amumu bandage tosses and also some decent Blitzcrank grabs or Lee Sin Q's, for one.

One more thing you might want to do is not to start off ganks with your skillshots if at all possible. As Amumu, for instance, I like to walk up to the enemy laner, punch him with red buff, and only grab him with Q if he flashes away. Lee Sin is particularly great at it - dash to a minion (or a friendly ward!), E the enemy to slow him, apply Q on him, and follow up with the Q once he flashes away. Or launch the Q after the enemy flash and then follow up. This way you stick on target and it makes skillshots easier than wild 90* skillshots that might blow and only alert the laner to your presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel
    Y'know, this reminds me of Endless Eight. After 15500 iterations Wickd will finally realize he still has his summer homeworks undone and the game can finish.
    LIGHT WARRIORS??
    I, Wickd, will knock you all down!
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-10-06 at 08:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    More playing against human players. Skillshots are a mix of aim (turn off mouse acceleration if you haven't already) and prediction (this will be learned as you pick up more game sense). Do not worry, since like most skills in this game, you can learn skills through "diffusion", as in, playing something extensively in one role will carry over to your skill in other champions in that role. I can land some sick Amumu bandage tosses and also some decent Blitzcrank grabs or Lee Sin Q's, for one.

One more thing you might want to do is not to start off ganks with your skillshots if at all possible. As Amumu, for instance, I like to walk up to the enemy laner, punch him with red buff, and only grab him with Q if he flashes away. Lee Sin is particularly great at it - dash to a minion (or a friendly ward!), E the enemy to slow him, apply Q on him, and follow up with the Q once he flashes away. Or launch the Q after the enemy flash and then follow up. This way you stick on target and it makes skillshots easier than wild 90* skillshots that might blow and only alert the laner to your presence.
    Ok, thanks.

By the way, I drew what I think Battlecast Skarner might look like. A quick sketch albeit, but w/e.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

So, did CLG or Team WE win?

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    HahahahahahahahahahahahaAhhahahahahahahahahahahaha

25. - Top - End - #745
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    nope. lalalala

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    nope. lalalala
    What will it be if they go on, game 6 of 3?
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    With Cho, you generally want to lead with either lane CC or your silence. Leading with rupture is possible, but less than ideal since good players can flash out of the most other-wise perfect ruptures.

I find that skill shots of a similar style transfer incredibly well from champ to champ, so playing other champs who skill shot the same way can help shore up the issues with one champ. For Cho's rupture, we've got Zyra, Brand, Urgot, and to a lesser extent, Gragas and Orianna.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    I wish to express my condolences to the Stability Team at Riot... They're about to have a couple long days ahead.
    It's the internet at the venue that keeps going down. Nothing to do with Riot.

Quite a few other sites seem to have been going down at the same time, and considering that southern CA is one of the big datacenter capitals of the world... I suspect that the entire area may be having problems.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2012-10-06 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    With Cho, you generally want to lead with either lane CC or your silence. Leading with rupture is possible, but less than ideal since good players can flash out of the most other-wise perfect ruptures.

I find that skill shots of a similar style transfer incredibly well from champ to champ, so playing other champs who skill shot the same way can help shore up the issues with one champ. For Cho's rupture, we've got Zyra, Brand, Urgot, and to a lesser extent, Gragas and Orianna.
    Ok, so I'm just playing Cho'Gath wrong. Noted.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    For Cho's rupture, we've got Zyra, Brand, Urgot, and to a lesser extent, Gragas and Orianna.
    Really? Is Zyra's delayed? I thought it was instant.

I'd put those in three categories, to be honest.
    Flat Delayed
    Distance-based Delayed
    Instant

Brand is Flat, Urgot is Flat, Gragas is distance, Orianna has all three...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew