New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    The SK vs. CLG.NA match has an amazing finish.
    That one I did see, and live. Craaaaazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    People who pick ADC and whine about the lack of support players are one of my biggest rages. It's pretty much a given that about 90% of League players don't like playing support, myself generally included. I'll do it if it needs done, sometimes, but I'm not great at it and I often don't enjoy it. I feel like anyone who picks a champ right off the bat has zero leeway to complain.

I am the 10%. I'm terrible at carrying games as top and only do alright in the jungle, but by jove do I drag teams kicking and screaming into victory as Soraka. Feels good.
    Truth resists simplicity.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

I love to play Taric with someone I can well play with. Player, I mean, not specific champion.

But speaking of unconventional picks, Support CritRunes GP + Riven Botlane is hilarious. PBE is so fun. I rarely play elsewhere. I mean, it's rare on NA or EU that you'll get said lane comp, much more so that it'll work and both the Riven (me) and the GP (Random Dude) will start joke-bitching at each other about who is the support and keep trying to give the other person the kill, failing, then saying sorry for how bad we are at the game.

There were plenty to go around, since apparently armour runes and playing cautious wasn't a thing that the enemy lane did, so eventually the other lanes and the jungler started join in whenever our team caught someone on theirs out.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2012-10-08 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post

I am the 10%. I'm terrible at carrying games as top and only do alright in the jungle, but by jove do I drag teams kicking and screaming into victory as Soraka. Feels good.
    I am also the 10%. I get in champ select, wait for someone to pick ADC, then ask them in Mumble:

"Ok, what support do you want to go with that carry?"

The standard response to that is "uhhhhhhhh, what?" or "which ones do you have?"

I simply repeat myself "Pick your support. I have all of them."

If I am in a pub game or the ADC doesn't care I will pick between Sona, Janna, Leona, or Lulu randomly or by my mood.

I really, really like playing support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Update for the semis: Wednesday @ 5PM PST.

I'm also the 10%. I looooove Lulu, but I'm not too horribly great with her, at least in ranked. By the way, anyone here get an Honor "crest" yet?
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-10-08 at 05:29 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

5. - Top - End - #815
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can Teemo still reasonably be played Bruiser-style, or did the AP buffs on his venom make AP Teemo superior?

I know Kayle is still better AD Carry, and Kass is better AP while Fizz can go either way.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm also the 10%. Still ... carries, man. Really. The standard scenario of carry fails to dodge damage, I heal, carry initiates, expecting heal while it's still on cooldown, dies and blames me for not healing .... it very literally makes me want to punch someone.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    I'm also the 10%. Still ... carries, man. Really. The standard scenario of carry fails to dodge damage, I heal, carry initiates, expecting heal while it's still on cooldown, dies and blames me for not healing .... it very literally makes me want to punch someone.
    That's impossible though. They removed dodge a while ago.

“I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    That's impossible though. They removed dodge a while ago.

Top story today: local member of 1000 Elo Club calls his entire team baddies after feeding Morgana 5 kills before she even had her ultimate. Somehow, however, he blamed everyone else for some unfathomable reason, commenting: "I wouldn't have lost my Elo if only I Q-dodged".
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-10-08 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Top story today: local member of 1000 Elo Club calls his entire team baddies after feeding Morgana 5 kills before she even had her ultimate. Somehow, however, he blamed everyone else for some unfathomable reason, commenting: "I wouldn't have lost my Elo if only I Q-dodged".
    Maybe if he had Q-dodged, Morgana wouldn't have got so fed in the first place.
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-10-08 at 06:57 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Update for the semis: Wednesday @ 5PM PST.

I'm also the 10%. I looooove Lulu, but I'm not too horribly great with her, at least in ranked. By the way, anyone here get an Honor "crest" yet?
    I do play supports now and then but only occasionally. Really I alternate between every role except Jungler.

Also I've gotten the Teamwork Honor every game since that system came out.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    The biggest danger of trying unconventional champion placements is that the rest of your team with sometimes just give up in champ select.
    This is only relevant to solo queue, which, as a person who almost only solo queues, is an abberation that I really wish didn't exist.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

I am apparently an Honorable Opponent.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

My honor is currently 1/1/6/4, haven't played to horribly much since the release.

Been trying out jungle lulu lately, working pretty well. Her early ganks are lacking due to her 300 base ms, but she gets scary around level 6. Been building Boots of Mobility --> Shurelia's --> Rod of Ages --> Nashor's Tooth --> Frozen Mallet and basically become a bruisery supporty cc-machine.
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-10-08 at 07:34 PM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    People who pick ADC and whine about the lack of support players are one of my biggest rages. It's pretty much a given that about 90% of League players don't like playing support, myself generally included. I'll do it if it needs done, sometimes, but I'm not great at it and I often don't enjoy it. I feel like anyone who picks a champ right off the bat has zero leeway to complain.
    In my opinion, AD carry is a terrible role because in lane all you do is farm, while the support has all the fun. Later everyone focuses you (often no matter how much damage you do) and you can't go anywhere alone without being 5-man ganked.

It's like playing the Prime Minister's Daughter or something. You know something bad will happen to you, always.

Also: Support LB so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Whenever I'm against Q-skillshot champs and dodgde, I always say "Oh dang, I guess this makes me a Q-dodger!"

(Especially when I get ganked by two people, one of which Flashes, and escape...by walking. Not even pro jukes, I just walked through the bushes and they ran the other direction.)
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    In my opinion, AD carry is a terrible role because in lane all you do is farm, while the support has all the fun. Later everyone focuses you (often no matter how much damage you do) and you can't go anywhere alone without being 5-man ganked.

It's like playing the Prime Minister's Daughter or something. You know something bad will happen to you, always.
    That is an *AWESOME* description of an AD carry.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

16. - Top - End - #826
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    That is an *AWESOME* description of an AD carry.
    He forgot to mention that if you ever die or go to bot lane after 30 minutes, you automatically lose baron and inhibitor, minimum.
    delete Teemo.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post

Hahaha, fair enough! That's why I lock Mundo.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Is Ali still a permaban in mid-elo? Cos he's so much dang fun! Especially in the jungle!
    Last edited by Terribad; 2012-10-09 at 02:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Firbolg in the Playground

What do people think about Ziggs?

He's got a ridiculous effective distance (1478 on Q, 1300 on W, 1100 on E, 6050 on R, and a superior AA), ridiculous damage (1633 + 2.82*AP, assuming half the mines land), two forms of CC, one form of mobility that can apply that CC at the same time and have both be profitable (W knocking enemy back while knocking him forward).

But... he's got some significant problems too, primarily huge cooldowns and massive squishiness. So, what's your take?
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2012-10-09 at 03:36 AM.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    What do people think about Ziggs?

He's got a ridiculous effective distance (1478 on Q, 1300 on W, 1100 on E, 6050 on R, and a superior AA), ridiculous damage (1524 + 2.82*AP, assuming half the mines land), two forms of CC, one form of mobility that can apply that CC at the same time and have both be profitable (W knocking enemy back while knocking him forward).

But... he's got some significant problems too, primarily huge cooldowns and massive squishiness. So, what's your take?
    Ziggs seems pretty good. He's a very pokey mage, along the lines of Lux or Xerath. His squishiness shouldn't be a problem, because you shouldn't be getting in range to get hit back. Same principle with the CDR; you should hang back far enough that the CDR only matters when you want it to matter.

He also has amazing zone control with his minefield and satchel; a lot of people don't seem to realise how much walking through a minefield hurts. A sneaky Ziggs can even satchel-knockback you into his minefield, I believe.

His ult can be great for finishing off survivors of a fight, or ganking a lane outside of typical ward coverage.

Now I think about it, it's amazing how similar he is to Lux; skillshot Q, AoE E, sniper-ish ult, and AA enhancing passive.

He has the problem that drives me mad with Lux though; a passive that encourages getting into AA range, when their abilities and kits encourage staying out of AA range. Just really feels like it clashes with their kits.

This all from someone who has only played Ziggs once or twice when he's free, so feel free to disregard anything.

Also, curse you; now I want to play Lux again, and I'm not a good Lux. >_>

21. - Top - End - #831
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terribad View Post
    Is Ali still a permaban in mid-elo? Cos he's so much dang fun! Especially in the jungle!
    He's definitely still one of the bans I use. I'm usually banning Ali, Morg, Malph, Shen, Rengar. Though to be fair I usually ask who my team want banned and just default to the above if/when they don't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Ziggs but I just can't seem to gel with him properly. His passive is awesome as he's got good range and you should be able to land an AA more or less everytime they go for last hits if you're quick. Plus if they ever try and trade with you an AA, Q, Mines combo does a lot of damage and keeps them in the position for more AAs.

However he's got mana problems like no-ones business and his escape takes a lot of getting used to but it can be used to jump over some walls, which gives you a nice mobility. The ult is hard to land but if your team are going for a kill bot moving down slightly and throwing it, after a bit of a pracise, means you can usually land it to do some damage.

In team fights proper use of mine fields can do wonders in open spaces but especially well in the jungle. Landing your ult on the bruisers isn't hard but hitting the carries can lead to you throwing it to hit more than one and just ending up missing all of them. A big plus I find with Ziggs is that his damage is more or less all AOE, which usually forces people to buy MR who wouldn't otherwise.
    Last edited by Talesin; 2012-10-09 at 04:28 AM.

22. - Top - End - #832

Annie's burst (including one AA, because if she can drop spells she's guaranteed to be in AA range): 1236.25 + 2.55*AP. That's pretty considerably smaller, and literally everything there is considerably shorter than Ziggs's except the AA, but you really can't complain about the Ziggs's AA range seeing as how it's still superior to 92% of the champions in the game (and only loses to under 5%).

LeBlanc's is 1423.8 + 3.76*AP if the ult mimics her Q. So we're not up in that territory yet. But that's the tradeoff with AoE damage and ridiculous ranges.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

When I played on EU West people preferred to ban Amumu over Alistar until I hit 1580 Elo at which point I stopped playing ranked anyway since I already had what I wanted. So yeah, if you want to carry yourself out of crap Elo, jungle Alistar works great and people don't really seem to know about his power, or overestimate his nerfs. Later on though you probably will get some bans aimed yor way so just switch to Lee Sin and continue ganking.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-10-09 at 09:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

24. - Top - End - #834

Not sure about mid-Elo, but up to 1400 he's second only to Shen in banning.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Yup, Alistar is a frequent ban at mid-1200s too. Frequent bans are:

Shen
    Malphite
    Amumu
    Alistar
    Blitzcrank
    Morgana

Basically anyone who can punish teams that clump up. Anytime they leave Alistar open, I weep for joy.

P.S. Blitzcrank/Nautilus is so wrong. Ezreal flashed and then teleported from the middle of the lane to his turret and STILL got grabbed by Nautilus, follow up grab by Blitzcrank and bad things happened.
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-10-09 at 10:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #836

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Yup, Alistar is a frequent ban at mid-1200s too. Frequent bans are:

Shen
    Malphite
    Amumu
    Alistar
    Blitzcrank
    Morgana

Basically anyone who can punish teams that clump up. Anytime they leave Alistar open, I weep for joy.

P.S. Blitzcrank/Nautilus is so wrong. Ezreal flashed and then teleported from the middle of the lane to his turret and STILL got grabbed by Nautilus, follow up grab by Blitzcrank and bad things happened.
    Odd. With the seeming omnipresence of Sona and the desire to take away engage tools, Leona just keeps being pickable? This could just be my experience of Corki/Trist/Draven/Ez + Leona lanes stomping down Sona talking.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-10-09 at 10:57 AM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Odd. With the seeming omnipresence of Sona and the desire to take away engage tools, Leona just keeps being pickable? This could just be my experience of Corki/Trist/Draven/Ez + Leona lanes stomping down Sona talking.
    Well, there is always Janna, who counters Leona pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Leona dumps not nearly as hard on Sona as Blitzcrank does, especially in solo q. Ali is still a good support, but is more banned because of his ridiculous jungle presence than for his supporting.

A lot less people also have/play Leona than Blitzcrank.
    Last edited by Mephit; 2012-10-09 at 11:36 AM.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Here are all the matches. Couldn't make a selection of the best ones on account of only having watched about five.
    I'd also recommend M5 vs. iG. It's M5 after all and you're guaranteed an unconventional game and picks ;) (trying hard not to spoil the results)

30. - Top - End - #840
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    At high elo bans have gone crazy, because there are about 15 champions people seem to want banned, between the ones I think are dumb to ban (Shen, Alistar), and the ones that are totally reasonable (Ezreal, Skarner).

The bans that are common, and they're all about as common as each other, are something like:

Jayce
    Shen
    Alistar
    Ezreal
    Skarner
    Amumu
    Katarina
    Evelynn
    Rengar
    Blitzcrank