Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Cogwheel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Cog oh Cog. I really wish you would get into Mumble and play with all of us. You don't even need a mic.

    And you will never get teammates like that.
    I guess I should do that, huh.

    I know someone who's regularly available and would team with me, actually, but they're also hugely obnoxious and get all uppity about not being included in every single match, so that's a bit problematic.

    Also I am terrible whenever dumb luck doesn't kick in (as you saw, Volatar) and I'd probably just slow everyone down. Not being level 30 and fully runed up doesn't help any, either.


    Meanwhile I made a Twitch and Tristana rage through repeated applications of Fear+Drain as Fiddle (and the odd Crowstorm that no one ever seemed to expect). And then I ended up apologizing repeatedly in all-chat for ruining their fun.

    I may have a problem.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrew:
    The Sandman



    Avatar by Meirnon.

  2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Well, actually, I considered switching to Zerg Greaves, but nipped that idiocy in the bud. My build was Treads (ton of CC on the other team), Thornmail, Force of Nature, Warmog's, Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Cape.

    I also had red and blue (which reminds me, I should try AP Rammus), for reasons I will explain shortly.

    You see, my team was a bit special. We had Garen, Wukong, Malzahar, myself and Graves. Not bad, right?

    Graves/Garen top, Malzahar/Rammus bot, Wukong mid.

    Malzahar didn't want mid. He also didn't want buffs, as they artificially inflate your stats with little effort, like runes and masteries, but unlike items.

    Yes, he considers runes, buffs and masteries cheating. He doesn't mind other people using them, but will never do so himself. That's how I got blue.

    Our second most kill-happy character was Graves, who went 4/9/4. I went 19/3/9.



    Also, we lost. I called for the other lanes to come help when the entire enemy team was flailing away at our inhibitor/nexus turrets/actual nexus, but they left it to me because they wanted to farm in their lanes. Then they raged at me for failing to deal with the situation because a 4150 HP tank has no right to die, 1v5 or no.

    I have the most amazing luck.

    One thing I took away from there, though. With a bit of competence, Schmalzahar/Rammus is weird but potentially effective. I think.

    Edit: Also, I was informed by Garen after the match that he was reporting me for intentional feeding, because there is absolutely no other explanation for a tank dying. Ho hum.
    You must have been trolled. There is no other rational explanation for such levels of idiocy. The community at it's worst has offered me quite a few challenges to my mental equilibrium, but nothing like this.

    Of course knowing you were trolled doesn't do much to alleviate the fact that you were trolled. It's like driving your car off a cliff in that regard.

  3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Cogwheel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    You must have been trolled. There is no other rational explanation for such levels of idiocy. The community at it's worst has offered me quite a few challenges to my mental equilibrium, but nothing like this.

    Of course knowing you were trolled doesn't do much to alleviate the fact that you were trolled. It's like driving your car off a cliff in that regard.
    Quite possibly! It's left me with a good story, though, if nothing else. Better than nothing.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrew:
    The Sandman



    Avatar by Meirnon.

  4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Volatar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    I guess I should do that, huh.

    I know someone who's regularly available and would team with me, actually, but they're also hugely obnoxious and get all uppity about not being included in every single match, so that's a bit problematic.

    Also I am terrible whenever dumb luck doesn't kick in (as you saw, Volatar) and I'd probably just slow everyone down. Not being level 30 and fully runed up doesn't help any, either.
    A partially runed and masteried and inexperienced player able to respond to voice chat is still preferable to 90% of random pubbies.

    I've told you my League story. I played with the level 30's from when I was level 12 onwards. You get better quickly.

    Don't put yourself down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

  5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lix Lorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missing her corner
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Well, actually, I considered switching to Zerg Greaves, but nipped that idiocy in the bud. My build was Treads (ton of CC on the other team), Thornmail, Force of Nature, Warmog's, Randuin's Omen, Sunfire Cape.

    I also had red and blue (which reminds me, I should try AP Rammus), for reasons I will explain shortly.

    You see, my team was a bit special. We had Garen, Wukong, Malzahar, myself and Graves. Not bad, right?

    Graves/Garen top, Malzahar/Rammus bot, Wukong mid.

    Malzahar didn't want mid. He also didn't want buffs, as they artificially inflate your stats with little effort, like runes and masteries, but unlike items.

    Yes, he considers runes, buffs and masteries cheating. He doesn't mind other people using them, but will never do so himself. That's how I got blue.

    Our second most kill-happy character was Graves, who went 4/9/4. I went 19/3/9.



    Also, we lost. I called for the other lanes to come help when the entire enemy team was flailing away at our inhibitor/nexus turrets/actual nexus, but they left it to me because they wanted to farm in their lanes. Then they raged at me for failing to deal with the situation because a 4150 HP tank has no right to die, 1v5 or no.

    I have the most amazing luck.

    One thing I took away from there, though. With a bit of competence, Schmalzahar/Rammus is weird but potentially effective. I think.

    Edit: Also, I was informed by Garen after the match that he was reporting me for intentional feeding, because there is absolutely no other explanation for a tank dying. Ho hum.
    wow. That team. ._.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

  6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Cogwheel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    wow. That team. ._.
    Honestly, the whole thing is so utterly absurd that in hindsight, I'm kind of glad it happened.

    By the by, what's the Shaco/Rammus matchup like? I thought it was in Shaco's favour, at a guess, but I trundled into their jungle to steal a second blue and kind of slaughtered him. I also had one level on him and ulted (though I can count the fights where I don't ult as Rammus on about half a hand), which may have been a factor. Regardless, I no longer know what to think.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrew:
    The Sandman



    Avatar by Meirnon.

  7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lix Lorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missing her corner
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Hmm. Well, in lane, I think Shaco goes AD, and rammus is all armor, so that's a win for rammus. Plus, Shaco's selling points include being able to get away from ANYTHING, and he can't deceive while you're taunting him... I dunno. My instinct would be to give it to rammus, actually.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

  8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Silverraptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A nice, sparkly place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Cog dear, get on mumble. We play regularly with summoners below level 30 and provide advice and a fun experience for all of them. We'll make sure you have fun, you'll see.

  9. - Top - End - #999
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Honestly, the whole thing is so utterly absurd that in hindsight, I'm kind of glad it happened.

    By the by, what's the Shaco/Rammus matchup like? I thought it was in Shaco's favour, at a guess, but I trundled into their jungle to steal a second blue and kind of slaughtered him. I also had one level on him and ulted (though I can count the fights where I don't ult as Rammus on about half a hand), which may have been a factor. Regardless, I no longer know what to think.
    It's in Shaco's favour because Rammus is extremely easy to disrupt at his first clear and Shaco is extremely good at disrupting and do it very safely because of Deceive.

    If you were level 6+ and were ahead, it's anyone's game, really. He probably used his early advantage poorly.

  10. - Top - End - #1000
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Darth Mario's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bosstown, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Honestly, the whole thing is so utterly absurd that in hindsight, I'm kind of glad it happened.

    By the by, what's the Shaco/Rammus matchup like? I thought it was in Shaco's favour, at a guess, but I trundled into their jungle to steal a second blue and kind of slaughtered him. I also had one level on him and ulted (though I can count the fights where I don't ult as Rammus on about half a hand), which may have been a factor. Regardless, I no longer know what to think.
    From the Shaco perspective:

    Rammus is one of the few characters that, with good prediction, can actually singlehandedly catch you after a decent-to-good Deceive, doubly so if he has Oracles. He's pretty easy to counterjungle, as long as you use your boxes for spotting and not accelerating the camp, as you can disrupt powerballs with them and give yourself time to run. On the other hand, it's pretty easy for him to counterjungle you, since you're going to have problems either fighting him 1v1 or locking him up long enough to get lane support—the second one is more likely though. At low levels where laners don't really help out vs invades, I totally see this going in Rammus's favor. Shaco loses the mobility advantage he has against most junglers, as well as potentially jungle control as well.

  11. - Top - End - #1001
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    An airplane

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    I'm back! For those who don't know me, I am a hippo.

    Hi Vamp, Sofa, Djinn, Ryo(OOOOOOOO!!!),Techno, Ham, Nox, Dogmantra and all the rest of the people who probably don't remember me (Or just remember me being that annoying kid, sorry). BRAKETS. Sheeps says hi.

    Anywho I bought $25rp, (3400rp and 6400ip) and have no idea what to buy. I am my teams support player, own all the supports and skins of the ones I play (Ali, Taric, Leona Jenkins)

    Oh, and what would the best runepages for those 3 be?
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.

  12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Djinn_in_Tonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stuck in a bottle.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    From the Shaco perspective:

    Rammus is one of the few characters that, with good prediction, can actually singlehandedly catch you after a decent-to-good Deceive, doubly so if he has Oracles. He's pretty easy to counterjungle, as long as you use your boxes for spotting and not accelerating the camp, as you can disrupt powerballs with them and give yourself time to run. On the other hand, it's pretty easy for him to counterjungle you, since you're going to have problems either fighting him 1v1 or locking him up long enough to get lane support—the second one is more likely though. At low levels where laners don't really help out vs invades, I totally see this going in Rammus's favor. Shaco loses the mobility advantage he has against most junglers, as well as potentially jungle control as well.
    Mario is basically correct on this one. Rammus is a pain to jungle against: you'd better be deceiving over walls (or in strange directions...like back at Rammus) whenever you can, or he WILL catch you with decent prediction skills. He's also likely to win a straight-up duel, so your best bet is, as Mario stated, to have good box placement and use those to get away.

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    Hi Vamp, Sofa, Djinn, Ryo(OOOOOOOO!!!),Techno, Ham, Nox, Dogmantra and all the rest of the people who probably don't remember me (Or just remember me being that annoying kid, sorry). BRAKETS. Sheeps says hi.
    HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO MELON! Welcome back.

    Ingredients

    2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge


    Instructions

    Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

  13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Cogwheel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Cog dear, get on mumble. We play regularly with summoners below level 30 and provide advice and a fun experience for all of them. We'll make sure you have fun, you'll see.
    I got on there earlier, actually.

    Then no one said a word and I couldn't figure out how to talk to anyone. Ended up leaving.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    Snip
    Interesting! I was the tank, mind, not the jungler. I just sort of barged in there, found Shaco and he died. That said, yeah, taunt does him zero favours. I didn't have an Oracle's (rarely came up against Shaco so it didn't even register as being a thing), but he did use Deceive. I chased with Powerball in his general direction and, based entirely on a hunch, managed to connect. So that bit was dumb luck.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrew:
    The Sandman



    Avatar by Meirnon.

  14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Djinn_in_Tonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stuck in a bottle.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    I got on there earlier, actually.

    Then no one said a word and I couldn't figure out how to talk to anyone. Ended up leaving.
    Ah. Well, it's 1:15 EST, which means it's 10:15 am PST, and that time-zone range (EST-PST) is where the bulk of Mumblers live, so it's a bit early for a high attendance. Many of those on might not actually be at their computers. That said, to talk you should just use your microphone (check the Mumble audio input settings if your speech icon isn't turning red...it might have defaulted to Push-to-Talk).

    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2012-10-11 at 12:19 PM.

    Ingredients

    2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge


    Instructions

    Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

  15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Winthur's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Mario is basically correct on this one. Rammus is a pain to jungle against: you'd better be deceiving over walls (or in strange directions...like back at Rammus) whenever you can, or he WILL catch you with decent prediction skills. He's also likely to win a straight-up duel, so your best bet is, as Mario stated, to have good box placement and use those to get away.
    I'm going to disagree here. I frequented both Shaco and Rammus jungles; Rammus has issues of having a very predictable jungle with negative sustain (he *needs* to take damage in order to jungle at all). His dueling isn't that great because it's not hard for Shaco to kite his skillset (you can even stop Powerballs with Jack in the Boxes, and you deal way more damage since, well, most of your skillset is designed to do damage). It's not at all hard for Shaco to catch Rammus at a buff and strike when Rammus' Defensive Ball Curl is down. That, and after level 6, Shaco can outduel pretty much everyone except MAYBE Lee Sin or jungle Pantheon.

    It's very believable that you can either start Red, kill it without Smite, do your own blue, kill it with Smite, and then rendez-vous with Rammus while he's doing his red or his small golems and win the fight, or you can do blue, take Rammus' red and ambush him. With Rammus having issues while jungling later in the game, you have way more opportunities to kill him than he does against you.

    About the only thing I'd be worried about is that it would take too much time for a Shaco to strike down a Rammus before his team would come to help. Otherwise, Shaco should win this matchup.

    And if he invades you? Rammus has enough issues with his own jungle as it stands, he's not strong as an invader pick, he is way more likely to camp a lane; you can block his Powerball by Deceiving in front of him or putting a JitB in front of him, and then it's down to a 1v1 that I think you're more likely to win. Particularly since most Rammuses build gold/10 items and that kinda loses to typical Wriggles or Double Dorans Shacos.

    About the only thing that goes right for you in this matchup is that Shaco is way worse in teamfights than you are, and you are way way more useful to the team with 5-6 items than he is with 5-6 items.

    Also: I love Orianna, though some other people might tell you why. <3
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-10-11 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

  16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Temotei's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    I'm back! For those who don't know me, I am a hippo.

    Hi Vamp, Sofa, Djinn, Ryo(OOOOOOOO!!!),Techno, Ham, Nox, Dogmantra and all the rest of the people who probably don't remember me (Or just remember me being that annoying kid, sorry). BRAKETS. Sheeps says hi.
    I missed your text.
    Base Class Contest XXI - Can I Get Some Booze From the Crowd?
    Chat Thread
    Voting Thread

    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

  17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Cogwheel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Ah. Well, it's 1:15 EST, which means it's 10:15 am PST, and that time-zone range (EST-PST) is where the bulk of Mumblers live, so it's a bit early for a high attendance. Many of those on might not actually be at their computers. That said, to talk you should just use your microphone (check the Mumble audio input settings if your speech icon isn't turning red...it might have defaulted to Push-to-Talk).

    My microphone, you say.

    I sort of don't have one. Except my laptop seems to have an invisible one that only ever transmits the tapping from my keyboard and makes people think I have a proper mic.

    If I had one, I still couldn't use it on account of people complaining about the "noise" and such. So yeah, text for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrew:
    The Sandman



    Avatar by Meirnon.

  18. - Top - End - #1008
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    My microphone, you say.

    I sort of don't have one. Except my laptop seems to have an invisible one that only ever transmits the tapping from my keyboard and makes people think I have a proper mic.

    If I had one, I still couldn't use it on account of people complaining about the "noise" and such. So yeah, text for me.
    You can set push to talk to something like ~ or 3, and then the "noise" would only come when you want to talk, and usually for people that's bearable :P

  19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Volatar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    My microphone, you say.

    I sort of don't have one. Except my laptop seems to have an invisible one that only ever transmits the tapping from my keyboard and makes people think I have a proper mic.

    If I had one, I still couldn't use it on account of people complaining about the "noise" and such. So yeah, text for me.
    Push to talk should solve the typing problem. Every laptop mic I have encountered is super sensitive and thus picks up keyboard clicks easily, as well as background noise. They all WORK though, you just have to actually, you know, speak. :)

    It helps if you find the mic though. You are looking for a small hole usually.

    My laptop mic is next to the arrow keys. This is an uncommon location.
    http://i.minus.com/ibl9Vm3hbfRn9A.JPG

    Most commonly you will find it at the top of the screen next to the webcam. Like my mother's laptop.
    http://i.minus.com/iB0VIEjb2n0dq.JPG

    You may also find it on the forward edge of your computer. I don't have an example of this.

    You can type in Mumble though in the box in the lower left. You have to click on the channel on the right though to talk to that.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2012-10-11 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

  20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Godskook's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    I got on there earlier, actually.

    Then no one said a word and I couldn't figure out how to talk to anyone. Ended up leaving.
    What's your summoner name and mumble name?
    Avatar by Assassin89
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

  21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Neftren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    My microphone, you say.

    I sort of don't have one. Except my laptop seems to have an invisible one that only ever transmits the tapping from my keyboard and makes people think I have a proper mic.

    If I had one, I still couldn't use it on account of people complaining about the "noise" and such. So yeah, text for me.
    Microphone not needed.
    STAY PURE! STAY STRONG! STAY TEXT!

    I type most of the time. Also, I'm going to go out on a whim and guess your Summoner Name is Cogwheel, as I don't really want to dig through several pages of this thread...

    Edit: Cog I saw you on Mumble last night, but you got off before I could talk to you.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2012-10-11 at 02:08 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tychris1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A chaos corrupted planet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    I'm back! For those who don't know me, I am a hippo.

    Hi Vamp, Sofa, Djinn, Ryo(OOOOOOOO!!!),Techno, Ham, Nox, Dogmantra and all the rest of the people who probably don't remember me (Or just remember me being that annoying kid, sorry). BRAKETS. Sheeps says hi.

    Anywho I bought $25rp, (3400rp and 6400ip) and have no idea what to buy. I am my teams support player, own all the supports and skins of the ones I play (Ali, Taric, Leona Jenkins)

    Oh, and what would the best runepages for those 3 be?
    Hello.

    Also, Armor Runes, MR scaling blues, Movement speed Quints, no red.

    Attack Damage is for the weak. (Cause that'd be cheating)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Previous Avatars


    All Spoiler Images made by SmuchSmuch and Emperor Ing and Kasanip

    THE DRAGONS BACK BABY
    I am the Save-or-Die of the d20. Join today, lest your character take 20d20 negative levels!


  23. - Top - End - #1013
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Some not so fun games today...Got randomed Sona due to some random LoL crash (that didn't kick me from the queue!) and went bruiser Sona top lane. It didn't work after the game became 4v5 and the enemy Karthus got fed. It still lasts over 40 minutes, despite my asking the team to say 'yes' to surrendering so I can play other games.

    Next I go Kennen top. Mid Annie (first time) rages and feeds, Graves rages and feeds, Nocture feeds and quits.

    ...Just a bad day in general.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Also not a girl.

  24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Hey what does everyone think of Promote? I practically never see it considering it has almost no ability to kill an enemy hero.


    However I absolutely love that spell. By using Promote I've been able to push lanes like crazy without needing to kill or even really hurt the enemy hero. Plus the extra gold it gives you is really nice. Other great use is just dumping in a lane then going to team fight somewhere else. It's practically a split push by itself. Also with a relatively short cooldown I can basically spam it instead of waiting for an opportunity like most other summoner spells.
    In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.


    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for my new Lancer Avatar

  25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Joran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Hello.

    Also, Armor Runes, MR scaling blues, Movement speed Quints, no red.

    Attack Damage is for the weak. (Cause that'd be cheating)
    I like Flat MR runes on a laning champion because then you'd survive better early game against someone like a Sona.

    I've seen flat Armor Reds on support guides.

  26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tychris1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A chaos corrupted planet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Well, i've never seen it really used in SR (effectively) but I HAVE seen it used in Murder Bridge (ARAM's normally). The thing just dumps all over any attempt to stop the creeps, and the decent chunk of HP it has just causes people to panic and go into "WTFOMGDIEDIEDIE" mode against it.

    Also, Promote Ignite/Flash Mordekaiser. It's a thing that works for me apparently.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Previous Avatars


    All Spoiler Images made by SmuchSmuch and Emperor Ing and Kasanip

    THE DRAGONS BACK BABY
    I am the Save-or-Die of the d20. Join today, lest your character take 20d20 negative levels!


  27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Godskook's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Hey what does everyone think of Promote? I practically never see it considering it has almost no ability to kill an enemy hero.
    The best use of Promote(on SR) is to help with early aggression targeted towards an early tower, especially against weak wave-clear champs(like LB, for instance).

    Its seen use in tournaments recently as a support's summoner spell, in the 3-teleport + promote strats that feature Sivir as a main AD.

    Overall, I'd say its a niche spell that doesn't belong in solo queue, since in that format, it doesn't offer enough without good team coordination. In an organized team, it'd probably doesn't see as much use as it deserves.
    Avatar by Assassin89
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

  28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Volatar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    What's your summoner name and mumble name?
    Cog's summoner name is Omega Nixon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

  29. - Top - End - #1019
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mirrinus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Hey guys, check out this link and skip to 1 hour 21 minutes. You'll be in for a treat.

    I was almost afraid Riot wouldn't be doing that for this season.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

  30. - Top - End - #1020
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    4chan, to deter pursuers
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Hey guys, check out this link and skip to 1 hour 21 minutes. You'll be in for a treat.

    I was almost afraid Riot wouldn't be doing that for this season.
    DAYUM. That's nice. I'm kinda bummed they didn't show more of Morde's spells, though. Creeping Death would have looked hella awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •