New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    Wow ... I just had what was without a doubt my best game ever. So much fun. And even the enemy team agreed, unanimously, that it was a very fun game.

I never knew Lulu could be so much fun. She has like a hundred tricks, and I think this was the first time I correctly used them all. I teamed with Karthus for much of the late game - it makes just a ton of difference. When he's just about to die, heal, bounce, shield, transmoglify the enemy carry ... and that's basically a team fight won.

Woo! =)
    Lulu is absurdly fun. The whole 'thought you were winning? Polymorph and Wild Growth say no' thing is wonderful when you make it work right. It's part of why I love going on-hit bruiser Lulu, having damage means you can bait enemies alone rather than having to hope your team can take advantage of an enemy rushing in on you.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, I was joining up with MrCarter11 for some fun times in Dominion. We lost our first game pretty handedly and were just heading into our second when this happened:

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I got booted to the desktop and all I could get up was that. If you can see a "CLICK HERE TO JOIN GAME" butten, lemme know, 'cause I sure can't. I had to restart the client, and sit through the 5-minute load, during which time my team was apparently struggling along as a 3v5 since someone else was gone too. Six or seven minutes in I finally come back, get a kill, die, get a TRIPLE kill, slug it out for Windmill, do a lot of defending, and walk out with a vistory and the #3 slot despite missing half the game. Not sure how that happened - I'll attribute it to MrCarter's brilliant shorthanded play as Kog'Maw of all champs.

The next game was even stranger though. Tired of PvP we went for a quick Co-Op, but drew the short end of the straw for teammates, and I ended up carrying, dare I say hypercarrying.... as Urgot. Urgot, the "mediocre earlygame, abysmal lategame" nerfbat victim. Carrying. Yeah, not sure how that happened either.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, I decided to give Sona a go, after not having played her in months:

Spoiler
    Show

Holy poop she is so much fun to play when you're not against a kill-lane support(*cough* Leona *cough* Blitz). I had forgotten how painful a Q + Powerchord AA is from her.

The only thing I'm wondering, is what's the best way of keeping her mana at acceptable yayness-levels? I prefer having armour Yellows to help circumvent squishiness, and I go 0/9/21, so I only get +3 mregen per 5 from masteries. I'm thinking build philo, then maybe soul shroud, if the AD carry is mana hungry/likes CDR too. Would Tear be a good alternative though? She would be able to fill it quite easily. Also, tried getting a zekes, and loved it; I can see it really helps the carry out.

Also, didn't grab HoG here, as I thought Rammus was getting it; otherwise I would have grabbed it after Philo.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

Bruiser Lux is fun. Especially if you get fed early and snowball with your team. Our teamwork was perfect, we could chain CC so hard (Ali/Lux/Shaco in 3v3) that once, when their full-HP Rengar jumped our 100 HP Shaco, our Shaco lived easily after we stomped him.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Sounds like I was mostly on par, just need to prioritize CDR a bit more.

Also, Nadevoc, what the hell is in Utility that you're using 21 in it? The CDR mastery doesn't seem worth it since he's got enough itemization to hit cap anyway.
    Honestly, that was basically me regurgitating some advice from a few high Elo folks I hang out with/follow. I generally try to avoid it, but jungle Olaf is one of the things they've talked about/complained people tend to do 'wrong' a couple times, so I went ahead and said it. Looks like TheOddOne's guide does 0/9/21, taking spell vamp, exp gain, and CDR. It's possible 5 or 6% CDR is sort of a 'magic number' for him as far as axe CD goes at level one, but I'm not sure/would have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    Yes it is. I also did notice a lot of people fishing for honor. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about that. I give honor to those who stand out - not to anyone who wasn't an ass, or asks me to. It feels like that would be diluting it, but maybe I'm wrong. After all, it doesn't cost me anything.
    I've decided I'm totally fine with people fishing for honor. If they're asking for it, I won't give it to them. But if they're being artificially nice/friendly? That's still them being friendly. I don't really care if it's them going out of their way and faking their personality, because either way, I get to play with nicer people

Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Holy poop she is so much fun to play when you're not against a kill-lane support(*cough* Leona *cough* Blitz). I had forgotten how painful a Q + Powerchord AA is from her.

The only thing I'm wondering, is what's the best way of keeping her mana at acceptable yayness-levels? I prefer having armour Yellows to help circumvent squishiness, and I go 0/9/21, so I only get +3 mregen per 5 from masteries. I'm thinking build philo, then maybe soul shroud, if the AD carry is mana hungry/likes CDR too. Would Tear be a good alternative though? She would be able to fill it quite easily. Also, tried getting a zekes, and loved it; I can see it really helps the carry out.

Also, didn't grab HoG here, as I thought Rammus was getting it; otherwise I would have grabbed it after Philo.
    I've found just mana regen blue runes and the early Utility tree masteries are enough mana regen that I rarely run out so long as I'm poking OR sustaining. Usually cast Q whenever I get a chance, and then use W a few times if my ADC is getting low. Make sure to bring a few health pots with you and use those instead of W if it's just you that needs healing - your W *will* drain your mana very quickly.

I'm a bit confused why you avoided HoG because Rammus was going to get one? The health and HP5 are always good. I usually end up holding onto my HoG the whole game for the extra bit of survivability and ward cash.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

1.*ALWAYS* grab double GP5 in solo queue, and with rare exception in team play. If you needed beef, it doesn't matter how many of your team is buying Randuins, buy a HoG. Kage's is acceptable as an alternative if you're literally never dying, or as a 3rd GP5. You can always sell it in the end-game -OR- upgrade to a Locket.

2.I find the best itemization for MP5 is always Chalice. 890g is a small price to pay to never run out of mana, but I'd say that you should only itemize MP5 if you're ahead. When behind, its better to build things like Zeke's(inflates your carry) or Aegis(improves group survivability). The reason for this is that when you're behind, you're going to back more often due to various things like being too low on health, or being unable to survive by yourself, making MP5 less useful.

3.While tear is a great way to continue upgrading your ROFL-stomp, generally, you're going to need more beef than that, making it less-than-attractive both before and after Chalice.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

7. - Top - End - #1117

If you're conservative with your mana, you don't really need runes or items for mana regen as Sona.

1.*ALWAYS* grab double GP5 in solo queue, and with rare exception in team play. If you needed beef, it doesn't matter how many of your team is buying Randuins, buy a HoG. Kage's is acceptable as an alternative if you're literally never dying, or as a 3rd GP5. You can always sell it in the end-game -OR- upgrade to a Locket.
    I hardly agree that it's mandatory at all times - If you're ahead a lot, building a big item straight up can help snowball your lane even harder.
    On Sona, a Heart of Gold is a really good idea though, because you're already squishy.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

Tear is really dumb and really weak in a large majority of situations. Don't even think about it, for reals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    If you're conservative with your mana, you don't really need runes or items for mana regen as Sona.
    Agreed. I run Sona with 15 Armor, 12 MR, and 4 gp10 from runes, and with nothing but Philo, the utility masteries, and a basic understanding of mana conservation I very rarely find myself wanting for mana. Once you have double gp10 and laning begins to end, Chalice can be useful for constant roaming, but until that point her mana consumption is really manageable. I max Q, because of sick damages. Plus, because of how often you might have to W the increased mana cost on the heal is much more troublesome than the increase on Q. E uses up a decent amount of mana and you really shouldn't use it very much at all in lane. It's rarely useful.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-10-13 at 12:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Lulu is incredibly difficult to play... but really rewarding when she works. She's one of the great examples of kit fitting lore - it's an oddball, rather whimsical, highly unpredictable support kit. She slows, or she hastes, or she shields, or she heals, or she hurts, or, heck, let's throw an entirely new class of CC in there just for giggles.

I can't play her well, and I always end up more frustrated than anything, but I still like her and like her kit.
    One of the most devastating combos I have ever seen was Orianna, Lulu, and a gapclosing bruiser like Shyvana or Jax. Ori E, Lulu EW, gapclose, Ori RW, Lulu R. Suddenly, the teamfight is over.

Now imagine it with Rengar. *maniacal giggle*
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-10-13 at 12:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

I've been playing a lot of panth.

I seem to have mana problems

What's good itemization for that?

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

Potions.

Chalice can work if you're laning against a mage or something, but it isn't something on which you should rely.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

I suppose carting around an item slot devoted to potions is fine. =\

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I've never had a problem keeping her mana where I need it. You just need to be careful, and maybe pick up a mana potion whenever you go back if you have the gold.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Bugbear in the Playground

So with season 2 drawing to a close, I decided that it was better late than never to start playing ranked. Managed an 8-2 on my qualifying games to get me to 1402elo which I'm really happy with. I was majorly lucky though, most teams I had were more cooperative than I'd ever seen before.

Managed to top off getting silver by getting my first pentakill! As volibear. Turns out when the enemy team runs 2 junglers, and doesn't put someone top, volibear can just start rolling. Then a teamfight after first warmogs allowed me to get my lightning claws into the entire enemy team. Not bad for my first voli game vs people.

feelsgoodman.jpg
    Last edited by Anonomuss; 2012-10-13 at 06:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

I just got matched with someone I honored as an honorable opponent for the first time. It was neat to see the red sash on their box in champ select.

EDIT: What the hell am I watching?

It appears to be a 5v5, very random game, between players from 10 different teams.

EDIT: "And here comes tryhard Chaox into the fight!"

Also, apparently Junie can't run in a dress (as soraka).

This is the best thing I've seen this tournament.

16. - Top - End - #1126

I'm a bit disappointed they weren't on the same page and it ended up being a complete stomp. It was pretty funny, though.

I called the first few minutes of that game. ''Huh, doesn't Jungle Lee start E?''
    Last edited by Mephit; 2012-10-13 at 07:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

I arrived about the time Teemo was stealthing next to red.

I had totally forgotten that Lee Sin reveals people.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

'So, Junie's going to let his health bar drop a little, and when it reaches zero...

He's going to die.'

Almost fell over laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow. They filled that place.

This is gonna be good.

EDIT: Over 7k apparently.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2012-10-13 at 07:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    'So, Junie's going to let his health bar drop a little, and when it reaches zero...

He's going to die.'

I think the best part was Scumbag Krepo and him "killstealing" as the support.

21. - Top - End - #1131

That's actually why his name is Scumbag Krepo. He's well known for intentionally stealing kills that were secured anyway.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post

It appears to be a 5v5, very random game, between players from 10 different teams.

I clicked your link.... and it was just interviews of random competitors talking about what their favorite moments of the tournament thus far were.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Titan in the Playground

I just got matched with someone I honored as an honorable opponent for the first time. It was neat to see the red sash on their box in champ select.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed they weren't on the same page and it ended up being a complete stomp. It was pretty funny, though.

I called the first few minutes of that game. ''Huh, doesn't Jungle Lee start E?''
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post

He's going to die.'

I think the best part was Scumbag Krepo and him "killstealing" as the support.
    ...why didn't I watch this D=
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...why didn't I watch this D=
    It'll be on VoD by tomorrow.
    My Twitter

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    I clicked your link.... and it was just interviews of random competitors talking about what their favorite moments of the tournament thus far were.
    Unfortunately, you were just a bit too late. That link is just to the world championship stream; earlier, the teams that were already knocked out were playing an "all-star match" with one person from each of the 10 teams playing a showcase game.
    Youmu "Myon" Konpaku avatar by Prime32, avatar creator extraordinaire!

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

So I'm actually thinking that Singed may end up banned, because Shy has just utterly obliterated with him every time he played as him.

Also, I really enjoyed the stick-figure video. Especially the end.

Can't say the same about Dunkey's video, though.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

I was laughing so much for both. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

I've actually had that Garen+Darius situation happen before. Ults all around, and top lane became empty

EDIT: Ooh, a SivHD video coming up.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

They have a flipping live orchestra and chorus. Wow.
    My Twitter

30. - Top - End - #1140

I wish they'd stop the overanalysis, though. The ''Keys to the game'' business is honestly absolute nonsense and the amount of filler leading up to the game is ridiculous.

Loved the Orchersta anyway.
    Last edited by Mephit; 2012-10-13 at 09:08 PM.