New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Nidalee.

Then Olaf, then Gragas.

Temotei knows what's up.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Banned

Of those champions, my personal preferences are Corki and Olaf. But not knowing what YOU like to play, I wouldn't speak beyond that.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by woodzyowl View Post
    I hear Zyra support is a thing, so we could have Zyra supporting and Fizz mid. Anyone else going to weigh in on this?
    While I don't play AP Fizz, so I can't weigh in on that, Support Zyra is something I've done before. It works pretty well, especially post-6 with Ashe when you can chain Arrow -> Snare -> Plant Slows -> Airborne -> Ashe Slows.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Of those champions, my personal preferences are Corki and Olaf. But not knowing what YOU like to play, I wouldn't speak beyond that.
    I like playing any champion I'm in the mood for and eventually want to become atleast competent with all of them. There are some champions in the past that I didn't like when I first played them and now love after becoming a much better player (Morgana, Amumu, and Anivia come to mind). So just pick any one of the champions listed and I'll sort out the rest.

Currently its 1 vote to Nidalee and 1 vote to Gragas.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

Nidalee! She's such a good laner, and pouncing onto people is fun as bruiser nid. No escape

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you are facing a full ad team, why wouldn't you buy early armor? I mentioned this in my last game and I just got laughed at by our mid Lux. She ended up 'not being able to handle' the enemy Ezreal, needing babysitting by our jungler. I kept suggesting she get just one piece of armor, but she went on to rush a hat, then a grail, voidstaff, & reverie. Is everyone in solo que this thick headed, or do I need to go another way with trying to get people to counter enemies?
    "You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
    "No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5] Mana Mage

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sohala View Post
    If you are facing a full ad team, why wouldn't you buy early armor? I mentioned this in my last game and I just got laughed at by our mid Lux. She ended up 'not being able to handle' the enemy Ezreal, needing babysitting by our jungler. I kept suggesting she get just one piece of armor, but she went on to rush a hat, then a grail, voidstaff, & reverie. Is everyone in solo que this thick headed, or do I need to go another way with trying to get people to counter enemies?
    "Hey, Zhonya's has armor, AP, and an active that lets you sit out your CDs in safety, rather than get DPS'ed"

Other than that, I got nothing.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sohala View Post
    Well, I'd say Lux is a particular champ who should be able to get away with that if played well, but in general: Remember that the huge, huge, HUGE majority of players of League are actually quite bad at it, and for various reasons do not in fact understand how the game mechanics work. They merely know that you want to kill the other guy before he kills you, and believe that the best way to achieve this is to buy more damage. So.. yeah, that's a pretty common mindset. Doesn't matter how badly you're already getting spanked, the way to beat the guy who is already ahead of you is to try and race him in the field where he already won.

Your best bet in trying to convince those people to change their minds is probably to familiarize yourself with how defenses work in LoL and tell them- for example, say your Lux had 900 gold to spend. She could get a Chain Vest or a Blasting Wand. The Blasting Wand increases her AP by 40- that adds 82 damage to her full combo against Ezreal. The Chain Vest increases the damage Ezreal has to do by 45%- assuming a level 6 Lux with no extra sources of HP (and Lux actually has a pretty decent one in her shield skill, but for sake of discussion we'll assume the player isn't very good at timing it/using it because it doesn't do damage..), that's ~369 extra damage Ezreal has to put out. 369-82 = a 287 point swing in favor of getting the Chain Vest. Buying defenses is incredibly more efficient than buying offense, at least up until the multiplicative factors on AD items really kick in.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Orc in the Playground

Does anyone have a link to a replay of the All-Stars match from the finals? I just missed it the other day and plan on rectifying this, but I'm having trouble finding any recordings
    He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful.

"What you do is travel around, pitting your summons against other summoners. This gives you the right to compete in tournaments, and to gain more and more powerful summons.

Just watch out for evil Team Meteor Swarm, who want to steal your Eidolon for no good reason."
    Mark Hall

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

This seems to be it.

11. - Top - End - #1211

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    The Chain Vest increases the damage Ezreal has to do by 45%
    Incorrect.

that's ~369 extra damage Ezreal has to put out.
    Correct.
    Last edited by TheShrike; 2012-10-15 at 03:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Incorrect.

Correct.
    ...Level 6 Lux has 819 HP assuming no other HP bonuses. 45% of that is 368 and some change, presumably rounded up to 369.

How is Chain Vest adding 45% extra damage wrong, when Lux's EH increasing by 369 is right?

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Banned

Okay, so I know most people avoid the LoL forums as a cesspit of 4chan and /r/'s worst elements, but should you ever actively post there, this will at least let you do it with some style. In addition to having a forum avatar, it lets you search your posts, as well as the posts of other people who use the add-on. No support for Internet Explorer, naturally.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Okay, so I know most people avoid the LoL forums as a cesspit of 4chan and /r/'s worst elements, but should you ever actively post there, this will at least let you do it with some style. In addition to having a forum avatar, it lets you search your posts, as well as the posts of other people who use the add-on. No support for Internet Explorer, naturally.
    Nice, I think I'll do this later today, after school. Thanks MathMage.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I like Randuins, but I think it's a playstyle difference. I play sona as a secondary initiator/front-liner, trying to shield my carries and get a good ult in. Randuins is perfect for that.

In a perfect game, I go Philo -> Heart of Gold -> Aegis -> Frozen Heart -> Shurelia's -> Randuins.
    Ah, see, I'm more thinking of Sona as an aura-carrier; Zekes, Aegis, maybe Soul Shroud, to make everyone around her more awesome simply by being near them. Although Frozen heart as a debuff aura... I never thought of that. I'll have to try it out if I'm in a game where no-one gets/wants to get it.

Also, something I've been wondering; does Sonas powerchord reset her AA? As in, she could have two stacks, AA then Q, which resets her AA so she gets another plus the powerchord in?

Also also, Fiora mid. Mwhee-hee-hee~ >:3c

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Titan in the Playground

One vote for Enter the Fatman, Silver.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2012-10-15 at 07:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Well, its that time again. I have 3199 IP and now I need you guys to decide which should be my next champion. I'm wanting to get all the 3150 and 4800 IP champions before I start moving on to the 6300 IP block again. So the list is:

-Kassadin
    -Nidalee
    -Gragas
    -Heimerdinger
    -Olaf
    -Corki
    -Shaco

Which one of these should be my next purchase (And my next main play focus for the next couple of weeks). Each person will get 1 vote and I will tally it up later. Probably tomorrow. So, suggest to me my next champion everyone!
    Shaco, king of trolling, greatest bearer of the Edge of Infinity.
    (Except Gangplank. And Garen.)
    Olaf is also fun. Corki is a jerk, Nidalee is annoying, Gragas I can't work out how to play, Heim I haven't tried and Kassadin players are MEANIEFACES.
    Objectively, that is.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Olaf is also fun. Corki is a jerk, Nidalee is annoying, Gragas I can't work out how to play, Heim I haven't tried and Kassadin players are MEANIEFACES.
    Objectively, that is.
    Gragas is essentially just Kassadin, but fatter.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Objectively, that is.
    Wait, so Shaco is okay, but Kassadin is a meanyface?

And Gragas. Gragas is as annoying as he is sexy. Stupid friggin' easy-modo farming.

I'll put my vote on Heimerdinger; place turrets, shoot rockets, throw grenades, be awesome. Though admittedly this could be a bad pick; if you end up falling in love with him, and then they bring out his rework, you could either love or hate the new Heimer.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    ...Level 6 Lux has 819 HP assuming no other HP bonuses. 45% of that is 368 and some change, presumably rounded up to 369.

How is Chain Vest adding 45% extra damage wrong, when Lux's EH increasing by 369 is right?
    Because Lux has more than 0 armor before you purchase a chain vest.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    Wait, so Shaco is okay, but Kassadin is a meanyface?

And Gragas. Gragas is as annoying as he is sexy. Stupid friggin' easy-modo farming.

I'll put my vote on Heimerdinger; place turrets, shoot rockets, throw grenades, be awesome. Though admittedly this could be a bad pick; if you end up falling in love with him, and then they bring out his rework, you could either love or hate the new Heimer.
    Why would Shaco be a meanyface? Kassadin is one of those champions that can easily stomp a lot of midlanes. Shaco... just kinda bounces off careful lanes, and is really weak lategame.

The nerf to his knife throw hit him surprisingly hard.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Level 6 Lux has 32 armor. That's 24% damage reduction.

Adding a single chain vest brings it up to 77 armor. 44% damage reduction.

This is assuming no ArPen for simplicity's sake.

As a big Lux player, yes, she is best played as a Glass Cannon.

However, if you go up against a 5 AD team (or 4 AD's and a support or something), then yes you build armor.

Against a mixed team it's usually better to build glass cannon and position correctly.

Against an AD team? Build Chain Vest and upgrade to a Hourglass when appropriate. Against an AP team? BVeil.

If you are up against a particularly jumpy enemy team, or if you suck at positioning, or you don't trust your teammates or protect you properly (or all of the above)? Don't rush a Deathcap. Get a RoA and some resists. THEN get a Deathcap.

(Note: all of the above generally comes after a Chalice)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Well, its that time again. I have 3199 IP and now I need you guys to decide which should be my next champion. I'm wanting to get all the 3150 and 4800 IP champions before I start moving on to the 6300 IP block again. So the list is:

-Kassadin
    -Nidalee
    -Gragas
    -Heimerdinger
    -Olaf
    -Corki
    -Shaco

Which one of these should be my next purchase (And my next main play focus for the next couple of weeks). Each person will get 1 vote and I will tally it up later. Probably tomorrow. So, suggest to me my next champion everyone!
    I say grab Shaco.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    It's not wrong, it's just counting a different way. 1 point of Armor is *always* 1% more effective health - there isn't any kind of diminishing return on that. You buy 45 armor, your health bar is 45% longer against physical damage. Stating it only as 'percentage damage reduced' is a little bit misleading as to what is actually happening in the math.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

That's not right, though. 45 armor doesn't increase her EHP by 45% unless she has zero armor. Otherwise, it increases her EHP by 45% of her ACTUAL HP total.

Edit
    Look at this this way. It's wrong, but it's so very *almost* right. A chain vest won't increase your eHP by 45%. It *will*, however, increase your eHP by 45% of your flat HP.

Our friendly neighborhood Jarvan IV has 2000 health and 100 armor. His eHP is (2000 * (1+(armor/100)), or 4000. Adding a chain vest increases his eHP by 900; 900 is 45% of his HP, yes, but it's only 22.5% of his eHP. The only dimishing value is that of the eHP increase you receive relative to the eHP you already had.

For anyone that's interested, any amount of additional armor or MR should increase your eHP by X * (1-(Y/Y+100)) percent, where X is the amount of additional resistances you're acquiring and Y is your original resistance total. I'm too lazy to check that, though, and my lunch break is ending, so.... yeah.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-10-15 at 12:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

The current results.

-2 votes Nidalee
    -2 votes Gragas
    -2 votes Shaco
    -1 vote Heimerdinger

Will there be any tie breakers!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Orc in the Playground

The current results.

-2 votes Nidalee
    -2 votes Gragas
    -2 votes Shaco
    -1 vote Heimerdinger

Let me tell you the story of my collegiate team's experience with LoL last year.

We were a team of 4, looking for a support. This guy shows up, and he claims that in WCG some time in the past he was on the team that got 5th. We're doubtful and google searches don't give good results on him, and he was somewhat retired so his elo was low. At the time everyone believed Nidalee was terrible in the wake of her nerfs, but he said she was good and still played her.

He wanted to be top, so we had him 1v1 our top laner, who played Cho'Gath, flavor top at the time. He demolished him, killed him before he even got cat form. Our old toplaner was now our support, and Tony the Nidalee player was now our toplaner.

This guy was a legend to the rest of us. Every game, sometime after about 10 minutes we would realize that he had somehow taken top tower without ganks or any presence from any of us top. He'd just split push lanes, 1v1 anyone he saw, and he pulled off legitimate 1v5 escapes from the enemy inhibitor, jumping over all sorts of walls in the jungle and being completely impossible to catch. We got so many towers, Dragons, and Barons while laughing at the other team, chasing Tony again. Even if he died, he'd lead them in circles for so long that it was always worth it. It was one of our in-jokes; even if we lost a 4v4, we'd say "meanwhile, in top lane," look up there, and he was usually autoattacking their inhibitor.

I've tried playing Nidalee, and it's difficult and I don't understand how he ever did what he did. But if you get good at her, it's one of the coolest and most impressive things you can do. You get to overextend extremely far by yourself, and lead the enemy team on wild goose chases while your team has their way with every objective on the map.

I vote Nidalee!

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The current results.

-2 votes Nidalee
    -2 votes Gragas
    -2 votes Shaco
    -1 vote Heimerdinger

I want to add a vote for Heimer, although the preceding post is a really good argument for Nidalee.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Troll in the Playground

Nidalee, all the way.

"CAt, I'm a kitty cat, and I dance dance dance..." is only slightly less hilarious when it's nidalee instead of rengar.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Nidalee is my vote.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo