New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Incarnations of Immortality IC: GodsWar

There are those who have power unimaginable, that are above even the gods. They work in silence, weaving secrets through the multiverse. The Incarnations of Immortality, to whom mortals are but brief specks in an unrelenting void. They are the forces that shape the universe, and their wars are the wars that end worlds. They are you. And you sense a change in the air.
    In the ever-changing whirl of the multiverse, something unusual is happening. It begins as a prickle on the back of your neck, a feeling of unease. It swells into a sudden sense of bravado, as if death itself had no meaning for you. This feeling, this odd sensation, is felt by everyone, everywhere. It is the herald of a change, a change that may mean an ending, a beginning, or something else entirely. Regardless of the implications, the first thing to be noticed is that the dead are coming back.
    Because of how old the Material Plane is, you can hardly find a square foot that has never had something die upon it. Everywhere, in every nook and cranny in the myriad planes, there is the reek of death. And from everywhere, rising from the earth, come the endless dead.
    Those corpses that have not yet crumbled into dust rise up intact, zombies and skeletons ripping their way out of the earth like unearthly plants growing from some far away field. Those that have long since become part of the soil rise as ghosts, specters, and similar creatures, flying up on diaphanous wings. Not just the humans, but animals, beasts of all descriptions from hounds that give off mournful undead howls, to the corpses of once mighty dragons, to the spirits of dragonflies, their ghostly buzzing filling the air.
    The hordes of undeath rip their way from the earth, and they don't stop coming. More and more, choking the cities, the countryside, washing ashore from the depths of the seas. Panic sets in, the living running from the dead, with nowhere to go but into more of their ranks. But strangely enough, the corpses seem to have no interest in attacking. They mill about aimlessly, as if awaiting orders. They are packed so thickly that it is hard to move through them, but those that try are accosted by nothing other than the smell of rot. The biggest concern seems to be not how to get rid of them, but to find out what they are doing there in the first place.

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    King Teresias is in his throne room when the dead start rising from all around him. Because of the marble floors of his palace, it is only ghosts and similar incorporeal undead that appear, including the spirit of the late king. He appears more defined and less transparent then the older spirits, though he shows no recognition of anyone there, simply staring into empty space. The guards of the throne room flee with cries of terror as ghosts wearing the same armor as them appear directly beneath their feet. Some of the specters fly through the walls and ceiling, while other seem content to remain in the room, including the previous king.

Elsewhere:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The rest of you could be anywhere, but the effect is much the same. If you are on a different plane, you experience the strange feeling, but no undead appear.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-05 at 11:21 PM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Incarnations of Immortality IC: GodsWar

Korug and Pellow twirled in surprise as the dead rose again.
    "I thought I already killed these humans once. Is that not enough?" he growled. "Mankind is dead, you useless souls! I refuse to have a victory so quickly taken from me. I will kill you a second time as easily as the first! Anon, you can kill the king again."
    He drew his chain and breathed a massive cloud of black smoke, although in truth the smoke itself was not dangerous. It was the acid inside the smoke that was.
    Pellow stood at attention, back-to-back with his new master. He held his fists up, not particularly frightened by the prospect of being unable to hit ghosts with unarmed attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty. Gonna throw in a surprise round breath weapon attack before rolling initiative. It's a shame sneak attack doesn't work against the undead.

Breath weapon damage (DC 37 half):
    (8d6)[3][4][3][1][4][3][5][6](29)
    Initiative (Korug):
    (1d20+10)[17](27)
    Initiative (Pellow):
    (1d20+9)[18](27)
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

"No thanks, I'm cool. I much prefer to sit in this Throne."
    An exact copy of Teresias simply waves his hand, banishing the former king from the Throne and quickly sits in the vacated seat.
    "They aren't attacking and seem to have no comprehension of us so I doubt they are going to steal your kingdom."

The Incarnated king flicks his wrist and a pool of blood on the throne is blown away.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korug's breath weapon rolls out over the ghosts, momentarily obscuring them. When it lifts, you see that a few of them have simply disappeared, but the majority are unaffected. They flutter around, evidently disturbed by the attack, but show no hostility as of yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You won Initiative.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Suit yourself, Anon. More for me."
    Korug smiled. His spiked chain, specially enchanted against incoporeals, would cut through the spirits like butter. He let out a bellow and twirled it viciously, moving against many enemies at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's full attack time. 6 attacks from Korug alone, that ignore incorporeality due to the Ghost Touch property. I am attacking the ghosts farthest from me, but still within a 65-foot reach.
    In addition, supposing that they aren't slain by the blows, every enemy struck must make a DC 45 REF save or be thrown back 30 feet and knocked prone. Critical hits (19-20) are automatically confirmed, and when Korug critically strikes an enemy, they must make a FORT save (DC 45) or die instantly. If they succeed, they still take 8d6+23+2d6+any extra situational damage x 3. So... attack time.

Attack rolls (Korug):
    (1d20+48)[4](52)
    (1d20+48)[13](61)
    (1d20+48)[15](63)
    (1d20+48)[1](49)
    (1d20+48)[15](63)
    (1d20+48)[13](61)
    Damage rolls (Korug):
    (6d6+25)[2][5][3][1][3][5](44)
    (6d6+25)[2][4][4][4][2][5](46)
    (6d6+25)[5][2][2][4][2][5](45)
    (6d6+25)[3][1][3][6][5][6](49)
    (6d6+25)[2][6][4][5][2][1](45)
    (6d6+25)[5][2][5][1][2][6](46)

After Korug had finished, Pellow took action swiftly. He twirled on his heel to attack nearby enemies, despite his personal skepticism that they were even actually enemies. He hoped to punch them, rather than through them. He was not so lucky as to have enchanted anti-ghost fists, unfortunately.

Spoiler
    Show
    And Pellow full-attacks closer enemies, each with a -5 Power Attack penalty (+10 damage bonus). You may roll miss chance; I will roll attack.
    In addition, if they don't die, I automatically bull rush them as a free action if I hit them. This bull rush has a +10 bonus to my check. If the target is pushed back more than 15 feet by said bull rush, not only do they recieve the full force of one of Korug's AoO's for every 5 feet they travel, they also must make a DC 28 REF save or be knocked prone.

Attack rolls (Pellow):
    (1d20+34)[4](38)
    (1d20+34)[11](45)
    (1d20+34)[6](40)
    (1d20+34)[8](42)
    (1d20+34)[19](53)
    Damage rolls (Pellow):
    (2d10+20)[6][2](28)
    (2d10+20)[2][10](32)
    (2d10+20)[2][9](31)
    (2d10+20)[10][8](38)
    (2d10+20)[8][1](29)
    Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #6

SwashbucklerGuy

The whole world seemed to shutter for a moment as something terrible happened. All around the ground split open as the endless dead poured forth. Their rotting stench, their clawing hands, driving the living away as the very ground continue to give way to their abominations. Men cried out for help, praying for a savior against the (completely peaceful) Undead masses. Only the wisest were able to hold their heads and wonder why they had come, what their purpose was.

At this particular point in time, Anduilas was doing what he always do. Partying. The floorboards of his favorite tavern were literally being torn up as the endless dead poured forth. Most of the patrons were too drunk to even notice, until the rotting stench has gotten to them.

Taking his weapons, Anduilas yelled a war cry, rallying his friends around him. "To me my friends! Let us repel the Undead Hordes! They must be a revenge from the Lich King!"

It is normally extremely funny to see Anduilas fight, especially when you realize that he has no idea what he is doing. It is even better when he's too drunk to even stand.

For the next 3 hours, the biggest bar fight on the west side of the continent erupted. For 3 long hours Anduilas "held back" the Undead "menace", mainly by tripping and stumbling in the piles of bones and dislocating them. Bards will long sing of the day where even the Undeath Legions could not challenge the famous Anduilas.

But eventually his fans pulled him back from the fray. On one hand, he really was getting too drunk to continue; he had twice given the Undead his weapons and "dared" them to hit him. On the other, they had to regroup for the Undead were pouring out of...everywhere and there was no place left to go!

After a couple of days of rest, Anduilas finally woke up sober in his own bedroom. Rubbing his face, he groaned. Walking up to his balcony, he opened his windows.

A waft of undead odor hit him square in the face, making him double over as he vomited. Steadying himself, he looked out onto the masses of Undead crammed against his house.

"Wow," he said as he scratched his chin. "Guess I wasn't hallucinating..."

7. - Top - End - #7

Zombie

The Incarnation sighed.
    "Have you tried diplomacy? Wait, nevermind. Orc."
    Anon stood, struck a heroic pose and cried "I'm going ghost!". Two rings formed and split, transforming into an exact replica of the spirit of Teresias and grabbing the nearest spirit

"Yo, why are you a ghost now, can you understand me and what are the chances of a good ice cream sundae in this stupid city?"

Yes his colour of voice will change when he transforms.

Sorry everyone

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Korug sweeps his chain through the undead ranks, scattering them like ninepins. At least five that you see are torn to tatters by the attack, bits of ectoplasm floating away and slowly vanishing. Pellow's blows shatters only two of them, his other attacks foiled by their ghostly nature. The remaining specters start slowly drifting away from the assault, only to be cut down by Korug's chain. Soon the room is almost empty, save a few that have simply remained motionless throughout. The king, too, is still there, and for the first time he turns a baleful gaze on Korug.
    -you dare kill my people- His voice is barely audible. -face justice-
    He drifts forward, drawing a ghostly sword and slashing at the ogre. His sword passes through Korug's armor, sending chill shivers through him as it strikes home.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+18)[21] touch.
    Damage: (1d6)[4] Constitution and Strength Drain, Fortitude save DC 26 negates.

As all this is happening, the 'King' grabs a ghost, apparently a courtier, and questions it. It stares blankly at him, it's eyes looking right through his face.
    -so warm here- -why so warm-

Anduilas's bedroom:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you lean out the window, you here a voice from directly behind you.
    "No, indeed you were not. And despite what you might think, I am not a hallucination either. My master has sent me here because he requires your assistance." The voice has a hoarse, croaking quality. You hear a fluttering sound, and the direction the voice is coming from moves to your left.
    "Am I correct in thinking that you are Anduilas Felaund?"
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-07 at 12:49 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Zombie

"It's because you are alive again. Kind of.
    Something made you all return and I don't know what. And you still haven't answered my ice-cream sundae question. Priorities here."

Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"He's actually an ogre. Orcs are much smaller," Pellow mentioned.
    The attempted drain of Korug's strength and endurance was casually thrown off. He smiled wickedly.
    "Oh, you pathetic disgrace of a king. I'm afraid your question will have to go unanswered, Anon," he said.
    With a mighty roar, he brought his weapon to bear against the King alone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full-attack against the King. He's undead when I think about it, so the on-critical FORT-or-die is irrelevant. The extra damage is not.

Attack rolls (Korug):
    (1d20+48)[4](52)
    (1d20+48)[19](67)
    (1d20+48)[16](64)
    (1d20+46)[5](51)
    (1d20+44)[4](48)
    (1d20+42)[15](57)
    Damage rolls (Korug):
    (6d6+25)[2][5][5][4][1][4](46)
    (6d6+5)[6][3][2][3][2][6](27)
    (6d6+5)[6][3][2][2][5][2](25)
    (6d6+5)[2][3][2][3][6][5](26)
    (6d6+5)[3][4][5][1][3][4](25)
    (6d6+5)[2][6][1][5][3][6](28)
    Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #11

Zombie

OOC: I'm talking to a random courtier, not the king. I'm assuming the form of the King and am Incorporeal

"Same thing. They were both Oks way back when. Only one got bigger and dumber than the other.
    Tea?"

The ghostly king shimmered into a different form for a moment and an old-fashioned chinese table with intricate china appeared. Anon took a cup full of piping hot tea and offered it to the fighting Warrior.

Sorry everyone

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The spirit struggles in Anon's grasp. -don't know- -what you mean- It's face remains steadfastly blank.

Korug becomes a blur of chains, each attack unerringly hitting the late King. When he pauses for a moment, there is nothing left but a few dissipating wisps. The other ghosts watch impassively.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Korug stopped whirling his chain. He glared at the few remaining ghosts in the room.
    "Well? You're next. Run!" he bellowed furiously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate:
    (1d20+70)[13](83)

14. - Top - End - #14

On the great eastern desert, the dunes shook as the dead rose in their multitudes. In their rising, they uncover a crouched figure buried underneath one of the dunes. Irked by the commotion around him, the Incarnation of Dreams, Viserys Ruel, rises from his introspection to survey the scene around him.

Quote Originally Posted by In Draconic
    "It seems that the Herallachian Wars were but a drop in your thirsty maw. There seems to be far more here than just the workings of a simple necromancer. Are the two gods up to something?"
    He rises while sand trickles down his form. Turning in a slow circle to take stock of the undead surrounding him, he sees that they are numerous. In an eyeblink, he floats five hundred feet in the air and sees that their numbers go on and on and on. Taking what appears to be a deep breath, Viserys addresses them in a variety of languages. Over and over in Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Undercommon, Infernal, and Celestial, he speaks the same message.

"What business has brought you forth back into the land of the living? State the reason for your return or you will forcefully proceed to a better plane of existence."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And now we have the promise of something positive used as an intimidation tactic.

15. - Top - End - #15

SwashbucklerGuy

"Where did you come from?" Anduilas said as he whirled around. He held his head high. "Of course I am! The one and only! The slayer of dragons! The conqueror of Undead! Who else can I be?"

Turning back to the window, he glanced out. "What your master needs help with this? I hardly think it'll be a problem. I can handle it myself!"

Silently he cursed himself. How was he going to handle this?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Ivory Marrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last remaining ghosts start to slowly drift away, disappearing through the walls.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you taking your AoO against them? If so, you pretty much just destroy all of them that remain.

Eastern Desert:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The undead mill around below you, a few floating up to nearly your level. You repeat your question in several different languages, no effect. When you speak Infernal, however, there is a definite response. The undead convulse, and start moving away from you rapidly. Soon a large space is cleared on the ground below you. Aside from this they offer nothing in response.

Anduilas's Bedroom:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you turn around, you see that the speaker is a large, sleek looking raven, perched on one of the bedposts. It looks sideways at you as you question it. After a polite pause, it speaks.
    "It is not the risen dead that concern my master. They are but a byproduct of a greater calamity. But forgive my manners, for I have the advantage of you. My name is Hugin, Thought in your tongue. There are many things stirring, Anduilas, things that should have been long forgotten. The dead are the least of your worries." It raises one talon and claws absently at the air.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Korug allowed the last of the ghosts to escape. He wrapped the chain around his arm, neatly carrying the 140-pound spiked ball in his hand.
    "Much better," he said happily. Pellow rolled his eyes.
    "Great job, Korug. You are truly a master of strategy," he said. Sarcasm dripped from his voice. He observed the room. "Well, if your plans are to develop a kingdom spanning across the planes, you will need a base of operations. This city is as good a place as any. I will send letters to your followers immediately, calling them to gather here."
    "Already proving useful," Korug said, pleased. Pellow walked off to find enough stationary to contact the scattered followers of the Incarnation. "In the meantime, we should probably tidy this place up a bit. We made quite the mess when wiping out the humans. Do you want to launch the first volley of bodies out of the catapults, or should I?"
    Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #18

Zombie

"Why use catapults?"
    Anon gestured at each corpse and they went flying out the window

OOC: Using Hand of Wind repeatedly to throw the corpses.

Sorry everyone

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Why, because the catapults are fun, of course. That, and I don't use... magic," Korug explained gleefully, though he winced at the last word like it was poison to him. That was saying something, considering he was immune to poison.
    He began to wander around the city, clearing up the bodies and launching them from the catapults while Anon helped clean up with his own form of catapulting. It took a few hours to completely clear out the city, but that was mostly due to the fact that Korug intentionally threw out smaller and smaller loads to be able to launch the catapult more times.
    By the time he came back, Pellow had about 800 short letters written. They all said exactly the same thing.

"Korug calls his army. Assemble immediately at Ivory Marrow."

"I should hope you have plans for how to deliver these. I have heard that you have no patron deity to bless you with spells," Pellow said.
    "Oh. Um, yes, I, uh..." Korug stammered for a moment. "Anon! Please send these to gather my followers!"
    Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #20

Zombie

"You're wish is my command master." Anon giggled as she became a busty Genie in a traditional harem costume.
    With a poof all the letters disappeared in a cloud of pink smoke... and the throneroom became a princess' bedroom, filled with pink and housing a vast 4-poster bed.

"please, make yourselves at home. I have an.. errand to run."

Somewhere in the Planes

A man cloaked head to toe in black appeared in front of Hades himself.
    "Care to explain your lack of security? The Material is covered in Zombies and Ghosts and I blame you.
    You are the supposed Ruler of Death and yet you allowed the greatest escape in the history of Time! Even when Kligor fell less prisoners escaped for gods sake! Zane did a better job when on the run from your ancestors and you don't have any F***ing distractions to worry about! We had a deal and you've broken it.
    So explain yourself or this Plane will die 4, no 5 millenia before it's time."

The pissed off Incarnation waved his hand and summoned a throne of skulls.

Sorry everyone

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

The Underworld:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man in black's speech faltered as he realized that Hades was not in his throne room in the Underworld. Nor was Hel, Hades' wife and the joint ruler of the dead. There was no trace to be found of either of them. Their servants, too, were gone, as was every last soul awaiting judgement. Looking out over the Styx, you see the Ferryman's boat rocking slowly on the water, empty and about to capsize. In fact, the whole of the Underworld was empty, silent, and motionless.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

SwashbucklerGuy

Andulias looked at the....bird for a good long moment. "Um...okay? Do you plan on actually telling me anything or do you want to keep playing the 'mysterious talking bird' act? C'mon show me your true form!"

Anduilas honestly had no idea what the Hugin was talking about. But he had to stall for time. If the Dead were rising again, something was obviously wrong with the cosmos and the balance. Something...was off. Licking his lips, he looked out again.

This Incarnation stuff was serious business.

23. - Top - End - #23

Zombie

"Well thatexplains it.
    I knew killing Death was a bad idea."

Sorry everyone

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Bedroom:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The raven gives you an affronted look. "Actually, for your information, this is my 'true form'. I'm surprised you haven't heard of me. Me and my brother, Munin, are the eyes of the Allfather." It ruffles up it's feathers proudly. "My master requests your presence, in secrecy. Deeds most dire are afoot, and he wishes you to aid him in certain rather circumspect matters. I would tell you more, but who knows what could be watching."
    It shifts from one foot to the other, looking around nervously.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-03-08 at 01:21 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Speaking once more in Infernal, Viserys tries to gain more information from the various undead. He ignores the invitation to land.

"If the promise of a better existence does not sway you, perhaps an afterlife worse that what the Nine Hells and the Abyss has to offer would be more suitable?"

He pauses for a moment to let that sink in to their death-addled brains before continuing. "Tell me everything you know. Are the twin pyschopomps, Hades and Hela, the reason for your inglorious second half-life? Keep in mind that even your most wonderful dreams can turn into your worst nightmares and that fiction and reality are but one and the same."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+108)[110]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Desert:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dead falter, and turn towards you, raising their limbs in a pleading gesture. Even the dead have nightmares. They call out to you in a myriad of whispers.
    -mother, father- -they spurned us- -they left us-
    -nowhere to go- -trapped here--spare us- -the whirlwind-
    -they were taken-
    -so warm-
    -we cant go back-

-the burning man is rising-
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

"So it was related to the psychopomps... What is this whirlwind you speak of? And you say both Hades and Hela have been taken?"

-we can't go back-
    "So the underworld is empty, and all of you are stranded back here in the mortal coil."

After a moment's consideration, Viserys once again addresses the gathered undead in the same languages as before. "Be heartened to hear that Dream is not without compassion."

Slowly setting down to the clearing below him, he continues. "Al you weary dead, line up in front of me in single file according to your size with the largest at the back. Come and tell me where how you wish to spend the remainder of your eternal days and I will provide."

Taking the form of the being known in a variety of tongues as the Starchild, Viserys prepares for the task at hand. "Fear not my current form for it is but the tool to send you on your journeys."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be using the Cosmic Horror's Dreamscape feature to send them into their very own personalized demiplanes that reside within me where they can spend the rest of their afterlife.
    Last edited by AvalonŽ; 2012-03-08 at 06:54 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adding a Diplomacy check if it helps. (1d20+45)[63]

29. - Top - End - #29

Zombie

"I can just tell this will end up in a giant adventure spanning countless Planes.
    Yay!"

Anon transforms into a blonde Elf in what can only be called a cheerleaders uniform before blurring out of the throneroom.

Korug's Bedroom

A slightly blurred blonde appears in the room, quickly clarifying.
    "The Underworld is empty, atleast two Gods are missing and I'm not to blame.
    Welcome to your first Incarnate Crisis.
    I did explain to you that you were an incarnate right? I've forgotten *giggle*"

A wise old man replaced the giggling girl.
    "I'll be Discerning the Locations of some other Incarnations in a less-pink room.
    Whyever did you decide to decorate it like this Korug? Expecting a dashing prince to "rescue" you from this tower? Perhaps spending the night here first to make sure you are physcially unharmed everywherebefore leaving?"

He left, a smirk on his face.

OOC: Casting Discern Location on any party members I've met (which is all unless you have an objection)
    @DM: Since the Incarnations can sense powerful beings, can we sense any new major players that arrived in the last thosand years or so? Excluding other Incarnated party members of course.

Sorry everyone

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Anon, I have every right to-" Korug's enraged response was cut off by Anon's disappearance. Pellow snickered beside him.
    "Well done, shapeshifter, well done..." Pellow said quietly. "I mean, I doubt he'd actually be able to see any other Incarnations. You're all incredibly powerful. I expect you're the only one unprotected from scrying. Why, are you even protected from being dominated? That would seem like an important safety measure."
    "Stop talking to me. I don't know anything about magic," Korug responded angrily.
    "Why, if your mind were to fall into the hands of a Wizard... oh, how embarassing. No, wait, if you forgot to protect yourself from elementary effects, I'm assuming you have no-"
    "I can break your nose with two fingers. Do you still want to continue talking?"
    "Very well, it appears you're too embarrassed to hear the rest of my sentence I'll leave you to find a way to clean up the throne room. Personally, I'm going to ask your friend for some protection when he returns. I'll leave you to your own devices, though."
    Pellow left to inspect the city's defenses and see what would need to be rebuilt. Korug fumed in the pink throne room as he finally realized that of all the creatures in the world that could be his commander, he had to get one immune to fear.

Spoiler
    Show
    My entry into the city was rather destructive. In order to make this a solid base of operations, what will need to be rebuilt?
    Extended Signature