New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

"Thought you...were hurt! Something happened to Mithril!" Natalia shouts at Whiskers. "Why here? Alone?!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam finds the strength to go kneel next to Mary, hug her and cry with her.

She barely has the strength to say 'I am so sorry .... I did not want to reopn these old wounds ... what reason did he give you when he left you?'

She thinks to herself 'I wonder if I should thanks that old maid at the temple who taught me how to brew moon tea. I remember her words. If you lose your maidenhood before marriage, drink this after each deed. I never told Calric. What that a blessing?'

She tries to comfort Mary 'At least you got a beautiful son. There might have been some lies and untruth but you were blessed with a great child."

She thinks "Was she blessed? Or cursed?'
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mary

The woman continues to sob, "He was called...called by Saint Cuthbert to return the Mace...for safe keeping."

At the mention of her son her weeping intensifies, "My son...now I'll be alone...all alone!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam keeps hugging tight Mary, caressing her head as she sobs. She does not have even the energy to get angry. She is exhausted emotionally. She is thinking, 'if he did this to me and Mary, how many other simple farm girls who know nothing did he play that game to? How can St. Cuthbert let it happen?'

She whispers 'He never went for the Mace. He told me that was his biggest failure. I am afraid he abandoned you. He must have gotten what he wanted.'

She stops knowing she is destroying that woman's past and life the was her past has been destroyed. 'Why does it hurt so much to live a lie?'

When Mary mentions her son again, she whispers 'Listen, I am with a group of good people. We are in the process of helping Linwood survive. Once this is accomplish, I will try to convince them to help Hulburg with the Ogres issues and see if we can bring back your son. If not I will go alone and hired some sellswords.'

She tries to comfort Mary 'Listen Mary, you are a good person. You can, no you should move on. We will find your son. Remember, you now have a friend in me. I will be here for you.

She says too herself 'Why is it so easy for me to say it to her but impossible to believe it about me?'
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35

Mary

"But, he left with the Mace...he had it...we saved it."

When Miriam promises to search for her son, the woman seems relieved for a moment before her ters resume their course. "Thank you." she wails.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam is surprised at Mary's statement 'But ..but .. he told me he failed in his quest .... I guess that was not the first lie he told me ....'

She caresses the woman's hair as she adds while looking at her own mace 'What marking did the mace have? And what special power did that relic have?'

She continues to soothe the woman 'Do you want companioship until I need to leave for Linwood? I don't think it is good for either of us to be alone right now.'

As she comforts Mary, she realizes that she is doing to numb yourself, as much as it is to help her. 'If I take care of others, I will not have to think about me and what it means ....'
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

Mary

Realization dawning upon her, "The Mace never returned?!" Looking almost paniced, "Saint Cuthbert watch over us..."

She describes the Mace that Never Forgets in the best detail she can.

When asked about the Cudge's power, "I'm merely an orphan and know little of such things besides what He has granted to me, Its a relic of some power and importance...and I swear on my Oath's to Saint Cuthbert that it spoke to me."

She seems to melt when Miriam offers to stay, "Thank you."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam listens to the description, making mental notes if she can.

"It is OK, Sister. It is not your fault. He never had it with him when he was with me. Not sure what has happened to it. But right now it is none of your concerns.'

She stops as she noticed something in Mary's speech pattern. "Can I ask you a question. You keep saying "I am an orphan who known little of those things. Is this what Calric kept telling you. Because he kept telling me every time I disagree with him or did not want to do something that I was a simple farm girl who knows nothing and he is an wiser elder and must obey his orders and wishes. I always gave in and now I say it a lot as I ended up believing it.'

As the horses are healed, Miriam suggests to Mary that they go back to her place. On the way out of the stabbles, she will ask a squire. "Good Kind Squire, can I ask you a favor in the name of St. Cuthbert? Can you tell the group of adventurers that just arrived in town and own these horses that they have been healed and if they are looking for me Miriam, I will be with Lady Mary. Thank you."
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

Mithril finally calmed down enough to process the changes in Whisker's appearance. Turning to the priestess she bowed her head and said "High Priestess, thank you for returning him to me. But can you tell me what happened, all I felt was fear and peace, I thought he had died."
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

10. - Top - End - #40

Valen sits in the Hogs Head next to Kurt. It's a rough little inn, but left to their own devices the two Barbarians weren't too picky, and this inn let them have their weapons out.

"Where'd that damned little gnome go? I thought he was following you?"

Valen chuckles, "Well just listen for the lynch mob..."
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-21 at 04:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Natalia nods, she's relaxed a bit. "Why here...why white?"

12. - Top - End - #42

Temple of Boccob

The Raven haired woman remained silent, watching the two young woman intently. When asked about Whiskers directly she answers with a simple and definitive, "I restored him.". After answering she again is quiet, as if her response was more than sufficient.

13. - Top - End - #43

Natalia peers closely at Whiskers; his muzzle seems to be wet. No way... She looks up at the priestess. "...Drank holy water?"

14. - Top - End - #44

Mary

Walking with Miriam, "I was only an Orphan...and he was so wise...". She continues crying, most of what she says is unintelligible.

The squires affirms Miriam's request before tending to the Horses needs.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam holds Mary by the arm "You are an orphan but that does not mean you don't know anything. And his wisdom might have been great but he used it to lie and manipulate.'

Again she does not believe a word she says applies to himself. She has numbed herself because she is afraid of the pain she will feel when she start drawing the consequences of what she just learned.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt just shrugs. "If he needs us, we'll know about it." He pauses, looking up with a slight frown from his axe. "...maybe we should keep our weapons out?"

17. - Top - End - #47

Mithril listens to her words and looks back at Whiskers wide-eyed. Kneeling down she promised the priestess "I will bring Boccob back any knowledge I gain on my journeys for this favor. I am in your debt." Standing back up she turned to Natalia, and noticed for the first time the armful of gear she was holding. "I wouldn't wonder if the shopkeeper thinks me mad now. Maybe we will have better luck at Victor's."

Whiskers just snuggled into his normal spot behind her neck, the afternoon's activities having drained him of energy. He wished he could talk to Mithril, and tell her not to worry about him, but settled for calm, sleepiness instead.

As Mithril felt the well known feeling she relaxed, Whisker's only felt like that when he was safe.

18. - Top - End - #48

Natalia nods and says, "Not Moral, find friend of mages," as they leave the temple and go back to the three stores.

19. - Top - End - #49

Avaralynn

"Boccob will hold you to such a promise made in his holy temple."

Victor's Armaments

As the two young woman walk into the weapons shop, they are greeted by a jovial half elf who's scarred face and body clashes with his warm demeanor.

"Welcome ladies, you surprise me with an armful of Orc weapons." a wry smile on his face.
    The establishment is full of weapons of all sort, some of varying metals.

20. - Top - End - #50

Mary

Mary has barely the energy to respond to Miriam, "But, but, ....I love him..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot I didn't respond to this, my apologies.

Maybe a fade to black with Mary?

21. - Top - End - #51

After selling the supplies and picking out a tiny brown leather collar for Whiskers, Mithril started to head back to the other's with Natalia. "Go ahead, I have some business I must take care of." With this she went back to the temple. She approached the first priestess she saw with a request, "Priestess, may I take some of Boccob's knowledge from the books in exchange for updates on events I have seen. My friends and I must leave soon and I wish to be of more help to them." Whiskers, resplendent in his new collar, stood proudly on her shoulder, attempting to give more power to her request.

Spoiler
    Show
    Takes the opportunity to copy Detect Thoughts and Acid Arrow. And honestly I got the collar so I can cast a light spell on it.

22. - Top - End - #52

Natalia responds with a smile in turn and says, "Better used...by you." Victor seems like a nice man, nicer than the dwarf who rebuffed them after learning Mithril was a wizard.

After the sale, Natalia says to Mithril, "...Okay."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Mary

Mary has barely the energy to respond to Miriam, "But, but, ....I love him..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot I didn't respond to this, my apologies.

Maybe a fade to black with Mary?
    Miriam does not respond to Mary. The air in tense between the two women as so much has been learned. She takes the woman's and sit there in silence, starting the slow and painful healing process .....
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Natalia would have spoken to Victor, but she's still not too great at talking to strangers, especially without a friend by her side. So instead she offers Victor a smile and then goes to the general store to spend her share of the money. On the way there, Natalia sighs. Mithril left her behind here. She hopes it was just to speed up the shopping so they could get back to Linwood sooner. But still...

Face it Natalia, this isn't just because she's a wizard. Mithril's smart, kind, mostly able to understand you, a wizard, and she's pretty good looking too. Nuts, are you nuts for Mithril?

25. - Top - End - #55

Natalia puts the thought out of her head for the time being and goes to the next shop, the general store. It's tempting to spend all the money here on miscellaneous stuff, but she promised the rest of the group she'd share. So Natalia heads over to the specialized items in the back.

26. - Top - End - #56

Hogs Head

A couple of hours had passed since the group had parted, it was now early evening and all six of them had made it back tot he Hogs Head. They were all sitting there eating a hearty stew telling a brisk stoy of their afternoon before settling in for the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Go ahead and tell your afternoon story, then well get them to bed and let them wake up and get them back on the road to Linwood.

27. - Top - End - #57

Natalia passes around everyone's share of money, saying, "Tempting, but I resisted," as she does so. She also hands Valen the two vials of Alchemist's fire and the tanglefoot bag she bought at the general store and says, "...Bit heavy for me," with a somewhat embarrassed look. She's sitting next to Mithril, and the now pure-white weasel between them is staining his paws with a chunk of meat.

Miriam seems rather...off. Or is that just her?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-23 at 08:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt nods his thanks to natalia, sipping his brew. "It's okay, Natalia, I'd just have had to break your legs if you kept it." Nodding a bit, looking perfectly serious as he takes his next gulp of beer.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam is totally absent minded as she collect the gold, not even mentioning her intended use for it.

She looks tired and sad and her eyes are really red. She kept starring at her food, without touching it or the drink brought to her.

Any questions asked to her would have to be repeated twice and she seems lost in another place. She will give a force smile and a very curt answer before getting lost back in her thoughts.

If asked about her mood, she will put a sad smile and barely say 'Church business. Not always pleasant'.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Natalia doesn't really buy it. "Look like...About to cry," she says as Miriam stares at her food. She's been getting worse and worse all day.