New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

Ogre

In answer to the Dwarf's taunt th Ogre steps up and attempts to wring the Dwarf's neck... But is struck with an arrow as he raches for the dwarf, Kurt hurrying his ack deep in the Ogres arm, barely escaping the Ogres grasp... The Ogre is nearly struck down in an instant...

Spoiler
    Show

Readied Action(Valen) (d20+4)[16]
    Damage(d6+3)[8]

No readied attack from Kurt as the Ogre has reach, but....
    AoO from Kurt vs AC16(d20+8)[16]
    Damage (d20+6)[9]11

If Miss Ogre Grapple Touch vs AC16(Go Dwarven Dodge) (d20+7)[11]
    Grapple(d20+12)[30] vs (d20+7)[26]

Ogre is at -2 and is dieing
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-10-06 at 02:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

The skirmish ends with the ogre dying in the ground by the time Natalia catches up to the rest of the group. Sighing at the lost opportunity she pokes the ogre's head with her toe and says, "...So we...?"

She walks over to where the ogre broke free and mournfully picks up the shreds of her silk rope.

3. - Top - End - #303

"I guess your plan failed, unless we can save the ogre." Mithril looked ruefully at the fallen ogre.
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Shiny looks over at Miriam and says simply, "I haven't asked him about the boy yet. If it's in your power to keep him alive..."
    Last edited by Admiral; 2012-10-06 at 06:51 PM.

5. - Top - End - #305

"Boy?" Natalia asks Miriam. "Thought you...then...Snuck past the moon tea?" She shakes her head the moment the words leave her mouth. No, that can't be it.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam looks at Natalia without understanding until it hits her. She finally put a smile on her face. "No, not my son. My moon tea works. I have proof of that. He is Mary's son and he matters A LOT to me.'

Sadness returns when she finishes her sentences.

She looks at Shiny and nods her head. "I hate to use St. Cuthbert gift on these monster but I promised Mary.

She drops the cantrip 'read magic' and touches the dying ogre to stabilize him and bring him back to consciousness.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume he is awake at -1. If not, she will drop another cantrip to put him to 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

7. - Top - End - #307

Even reluctantly, Saint Cuthberts mercy stabilizes and heals the Ogre jut enough to save his life.

As the massive brute lays on the ground, barely able to move, he groans and acts if he can't decide what to do. He slowly begins to stands, limping almost backwards intent on fleeing with no real hope of success.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt grunts a little as that happens. "I think this one's got to die..."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't kill him, but get around him with your axe- don't let him leave," says Shiny, knowing there's little point in tying him up.

Shiny then turns to the ogre and speaks in his own tongue. <Giant>"Now hold on there. We're not through talking. First- what do you know of the orcs' invasion of the ogres' land?"</Giant>

10. - Top - End - #310

The Giant is obviously uncomfortable when Kurt moves behind him, <Giant>"Puny Orcs...no threat to Mighty Ogres...Ogres smash Orcs!"<Giant> he finishes with gritted teeth, obviously in pain from the exertion.

11. - Top - End - #311

Valen circles around, keeping his distance, another arrow knocked and ready.

Filthy dumb creature...

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt pauses, then warily starts circling around the wounded Ogre. His axe twirls continuously in his hands, he lets his feet guide the way as his eyes never leave the brute.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    The Giant is obviously uncomfortable when Kurt moves behind him, <Giant>"Puny Orcs...no threat to Mighty Ogres...Ogres smash Orcs!"<Giant> he finishes with gritted teeth, obviously in pain from the exertion.
    <Giant>"Oh... you mean you don't know?"</Giant> Shiny asks with a smirk.

<Giant>"The orcs have already started their advance. They kill small gangs of ogres, and they pay us gold to kill others. They know that ogres are too stupid to attack the orcs until it is too late."</Giant> Shiny thinks for a moment, before recalling a special term he'd worked hard to learn in Hulburg. <Giant>"What the orc said was- the <Orc>dogmen</Orc> are too stupid to attack us."</Giant>

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff check: (1d20+9)[20]

15. - Top - End - #315

The Ogre seems perplexed, the amount of thinking requested of him is obviously taxing his mental faculties, <Giant>"Then ittle pigs are stew pid, Ogres stong! Too strong for Orcs! Ogres are many...lots o Ogres to smash little pigs and Uumans. Lots of blood!" The ogre appears to believe what Shiny says, but is unconcerned, his boast about the Ogres strength is disconcerting... but lacks the neccessary impact as the Ogre is nigh helpless and surrounded.

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate(d20)[2]
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-10-07 at 12:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam stays there, looking at the ogre with a cold, calculated look in her face. "Valen, Shiny, find out about Mary' son. and then put it out of his misery.'
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

The Ogre seems perplexed, the amount of thinking requested of him is obviously taxing his mental faculties, <Giant>"Then ittle pigs are stew pid, Ogres stong! Too strong for Orcs! Ogres are many...lots o Ogres to smash little pigs and Uumans. Lots of blood!"
    Shiny frowns for a split second. He's usually good at tuning his lies for his audience, but in this case clearly has to tone down the subtlety.

<Giant>"So you will smash orcs? Go tell other ogres to kill orcs before they try to kill you!"</Giant>

18. - Top - End - #318

Ogre

Looking quizzically at Shiny, <Giant>"Why odders kills me? I no Orc. Why I listen to you...little ugly Gnome?!"

Spoiler
    Show

I'm trying to RP a 6int humanoid as best I can.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-10-07 at 05:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Shiny squints a moment as he tries to dumb his lies down even farther.

<Giant>"Orcs told me ogres were stupid and ugly. Orcs told me ogres too weak to kill orcs."</Giant>

20. - Top - End - #320

Ogre

The Ogre lets out a hearty laugh, which causes him to cough up a little blood, <Giant>"You funny little ugly man. Orcs Weak, Orcs die easy. Orcs Squishy, make funny screaming sounds when squished."
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-10-07 at 05:49 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321

Valen watches intensely, having no understanding of the Orge's language.

This is a disconcerting turn of evens... Valen thinks to himself as he watches Shiny talk to the Ogre, making odd fronting sounds and gestures.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Ogre

The Ogre lets out a hearty laugh, which causes him to cough up a little blood, <Giant>"You funny little ugly man. Orcs Weak, Orcs die easy. Orcs Squishy, make funny screaming sounds when squished."
    <Giant>"If ogres can squish orcs, and orcs call ogres stupid, why orcs still alive?"</Giant> Shiny asks, silently praying that logic won't be beyond his grasp.

23. - Top - End - #323

Ogre

A confused look passes through the Ogre's face, which is consequently about the size of the Gnome's torso, <Giant>"Orcs not scary! the Ogre says it louder, as if the volume could aid in understanding, <Giant>"Umans scarier that pig faces....and closer. Orcs annoying.! .... Why you talking no killing?"

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam is turning impatient at Shiny as she does not understand anything and the turn of event seems to go against them. 'Shiny! What about Mary's son? What did it say?'
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

Natalia responds to Miriam's smile with one in turn, then becomes quiet as Shiny tries to interrogate the ogre.

"...Wow." Natalia eventually says after several minutes of watching the exchange in silence. She couldn't understand the words, but it seems like Shiny's silver tongue has finally been tied. By a complete moron.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-10-07 at 09:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Ogre

A confused look passes through the Ogre's face, which is consequently about the size of the Gnome's torso, <Giant>"Orcs not scary! the Ogre says it louder, as if the volume could aid in understanding, <Giant>"Umans scarier that pig faces....and closer. Orcs annoying.! .... Why you talking no killing?"
    Shiny takes a deep breath before continuing, with just the slightest hint of exasperation. <Giant>"Because we need to know something. Where do the ogres keep their human prisoners? If you tell me, we will not kill you."</Giant>

Spoiler
    Show

At this point, Shiny hasn't necessarily decided if that's a lie. Bluff check: (1d20+9)[29]

27. - Top - End - #327

Ogre

Looking at the small Gnome, "Ogres not take prisoners, Ogres heard and keep cattle at tribe home.". A sinister and manevolent grin crosses his face showing large misshapen teeth, the odor released is quite repugnant.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

<Giant>"Where is the tribe home?"</Giant> Shiny asks.

29. - Top - End - #329

Ogre

The Ogre temper is growing hot, <Giant>"Umans know! Umans come here to kill, but we kill them!"

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Shiny knows there's nothing he can get from this ogre about the prisoner Miriam was asking about, and he knows that even if he convinced the giant that orcs were invading, there is no way anyone would listen to him.

He turns away from the giant with a sigh. "He knows nothing," he says to his party, reverting to the common tongue.