Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    After double-checking to make sure she has everything, Natalia goes to the stables. She asks Valen, "Allies coming, right?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    I think we're good. Is there anything we forgot about?

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam climbs on her horse ready to go.

    Spoiler
    Show
    She cannot wait to get the hell out of Dodge
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt climbs up and this time pulls Shiny up beside him. "This time, I'm in charge of the horse."

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    As the group prepares to depart they look off towards the barracks and see Lt Arnot inspecting the dozen men that Hulburg is answering the calls of Linwood with. Only the Seargent has a horse, though all of the men look capable and well armed.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "Slow up, keep up," she says to Valen. "If he says."

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam looks at the forces assembled and volunteers in a weak voice 'Let's bring this force to Linwood in one peace and see what the situation is there before we plan our next move ....'

    She will go at the pace of the soldiers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "Agreed, it may be in everyone's best interest if we arrive in advance of the Hulburg...forces..." Valen winces at calling a palty dozen men a force.

    Pathetic... they send us for aid and we bring what? A dozen men...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Advancing us to the road by th end of the night. If there any objections or other plans please speak now or forever hold your peace.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam's eyes empty after she speaks and when Valen announces a different plan, she nods 'Great plan. Let's go!'

    She will ride in silence, lost in her thoughts, sometimes biting her lower lip to avoid crying.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-09-26 at 06:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia looks over the lieutenant and soldiers, to see what they're equipped with. "...Thanks," she says.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    The soldiers of Hulburg, the , are all dressed on matching garb that puts the pitiful militia of Linwood to shame. Each man carries a used, but well cared for set of chain shirts over a faded red tunic, a large metal shield with the red crest of the Hulmasters on it. Each carries either a long sword, mace, or flail at their hip. Half carry long bows on their backs. The Seargent and leaders gear is better tended and of higher quality and he has earned the addition of a worn half cloak over his left shoulder.

    Lt. Arnot is wearing his polished half plate of the same theme.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-26 at 06:40 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Heh, there's a pretty big difference between the polished soldiers and the motley crew to which she belongs. Heck, Valen's near-naked like always. But then again, she supposes efficiency and ability trump appearance. These men are obviously capable, much better at fighting than her. If only Shiny had made a better impression with the captain...But she can't blame him too much; if he did that badly, then anyone else trying would have had catastrophic results.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-26 at 06:43 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt nods to himself as he and Shiny set off together. These really are fighting men - and hopefully they can help shape the more shoddy militia into fighting men. Give them that and some good walls and they might have a chance.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    With a nod from Lt. Arnot the group sets off easily outpacing the footslogging fighting men of Hulburg. It's a crisp morning, slightly colder than the warm stretch of weather that they had seen before. If they hurry they can make it back by the fourth day. The soldiers won't make it to Linwood till the fifth evening after the Orc raid.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Are you splitting off and going ahead of the soldiers?

    You will reach Linwood a half day earlier, a full day if you push the horses.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam asks to no one in particular, with that monotonous voice she has had since last night 'Shall we go ahead and reach Linwood before the forces to tell them the good news? I can heal the horses while in Linwood...'
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia nods and says, "Time to plan."

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    The group sets off, moving ahead of the soldiers and attempting to make it to Linwood in haste...

    As the group makes their way Mithril, then Valen notice more Ogres. There are five Ogres, all wearing armor and led by a particularly fierce looking Ogre. They closely rse,ble the Ogres from the previous day, thick forms with mangled hair and squat noses. They are barely 150' away and seemingly unaware aware of the group. It looks as if they were planning am ambush of the road.

    Natalia can hear something off in the distance, which is the same direction as Valen and Mithril are looking. It sounded like a crash and a grunt.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d100)[24]

    Spot check
    Miriam(d20+5)[9]
    Kurt(d20)[1]
    Shiny(d20-2)[-1]
    Natalia(d20+6)[12]
    Mithril(d20+3)[19]
    Valen(d20+2)[17]

    Listen check
    Miriam(d20+5)[20]
    Kurt(d20)[3]
    Shiny(d20-2)[18]
    Natalia(d20+6)[24]
    Mithril(d20+3)[7]
    Valen(d20+2)[19]

    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-28 at 07:47 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia whips her head around the moment she heads the noise. "See what?" she whispers to Mithril and Valen, who are staring at the same location.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam does not hear nor see anything. She sees Mithril and Valen looking towards a direction. She says 'What is going on?'
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "Crash, probably ogres," she whispers, making sure her crossbows are both loaded.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam's concentration suddenly increases and a focus look appears on her face. Silently, she loads her crossbow. It seems that for the first time she is looking forward to the fight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia watches the cleric with a concerned look on her face. What happened to the gentle Miriam? This Miriam looks like she wants to make something hurt.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam's is getting more ferocious as she suddenly speaks 'Before we engage them, let me bring you the blessing of St. Cuthbert. It will make your aim more true. Also, she looks at Valen and Kurt, with an wicked smile on her face, I can make one of you a huge monster. I can enlarge your size and give you the strength of a bull. With your barbaric rage, you will cut these monsters to pieces in no time.'

    She smiles at the thought before adding 'They deserve it. For Mary's son!'
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril gulped, at the moment she was unsure if she was more afraid of the ogres or Miriam. "Mary's son?" She shrugged it off, maybe it was some part of the St. Cuthbert followers beliefs, so many gods had stories of offspring it was hard to tell them apart at times. "It is ogres, four like the ones from before and one that looks meaner than the rest. I can hit one from here, but it would alert the others to our presence." She reached behind her to put Whisker's on her shoulder, his white fur in stark contrast against her hair.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril Rola -Toes in the Water


    Avatar of The Badger from Runite's Rise. First one I have made!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the avatar of Mithril by CoffeeIncluded Previously used

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt blinks, coming back to reality from the visions of the walls and towers and plans for the town that had been circling in his head while he rode, controlling the horse without much consideration until the Ogres are brought to his attention.

    "We should attack, then the soldiers can join in if there's any left." He loads his crossbow, while getting his axe ready to be drawn quickly. "Could we all shoot at the same one? and then Miriam make one of us big." He grins at Valen.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia looks at Miriam with alarm. "You...Want them to hurt...Because you want them to hurt?!" What the hell happened to her overnight?!

    "...Mary's son?"

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam takes a deep breath and looks at Mithril and Natalia 'They are Chaos and Evil. St. Cuthbert is against Chaos and Evil.'

    She takes a deep breath, as she pushing away opposite thoughts going through her head.

    'Mary's son? Will talk later after Linwood if needed.'

    She looks at Kurt and Valen 'Which one will be the Mace of St. Cuthbert?'
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "Attack to defend...Not...Not to see them hurt. No...No better than them!" Natalia says quietly as she shakes her head. This is starting to scare her; Miriam isn't acting like herself at all. Unless...

    She moves her arms and crossbow up in a defensive gesture. "Under a spell?" Natalia looks to Shiny; he would be able to tell; he puts everyone under spells.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt edges his mount over to Natalia, leaning down to speak. "She is hurting Natalia but uh..." He glances down the road, "Right this minute is not the best time, I think..."

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia nods but glances sideways at Miriam the whole time. "Could be hurting other...like she's hurt, but..." Yesterday the poison made her bitter and hateful to herself, not others. "Maybe...Spreading infection." Regardless, Natalia has more than a few questions to ask Miriam.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam laughs a cynical laugh. "Under a spell? I wish I could just dispel it. No worry. It is the wish of the gods. And St. Cuthbert .... well whatever! The ogres die and we move on!'
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •