Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "What...do you...want dead?" Natalia asks, still unconvinced that she's not under some sort of magical compulsion.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Valen sits atop his steed, looking at the Ogres in the distence. He crosses his arms and mutters in Draconic as he renews his arcane protections which he continues strengthening them to their fullest.

    He answers Miriam cooly while returning the smile of the Dwarf, "Make the dwarf bigger, I've heard enough about their small stature..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Mage Armor, then next round Shield

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia swallows and says, "...Group aiming first, then...Big dwarf...Heh, big dwarf." But that doesn't do much to dispel her nervousness. Turning to Valen and Kurt, she asks, "Retreat if dangerous? So many..."

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam looks at Valen and Kurt. "I could make myself big and help you flank them and give them a target to hit ..... and send them to the hell where they belong.'

    There is no sign of worry or sense of danger in her eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "And the smashing?" Natalia asks, remembering the sickening crunch of their bones.

    Miriam's so...so full of hate. What's going to happen after the ogres are dead? Who will she turn on next?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-27 at 10:36 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril shifted nervously "Do you want me to send a spell their way? While you enlarge Kurt that is. I mean it will still take them some time to reach us and the spell will hit." She tried not to look Miriam in the eye. The woman seemed almost hysterical with hate and Mithril did not want to direct the anger toward herself.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril Rola -Toes in the Water


    Avatar of The Badger from Runite's Rise. First one I have made!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the avatar of Mithril by CoffeeIncluded Previously used

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt slides off his horse, nodding at Valen and Miriam. "We all aim at the big mean one, shoot and then you can make me big, Miriam. I'll take the hits." He plants his axe in the earth before him, taking aim then. "If it's to be done, we'd better do it now, before they see us."

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt grins a little then, as he sees one of the Ogres spot them.

    "Too late to turn back." With that, he shoots the first bolt from his crossbow, aiming at the big ugly looking one, quickly leaning over to reload then.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+5)[15] Attack 16
    (1d20+5)[25] Crit 26
    (1d10+2)[12] Damage

    Edit: Sigh, and it would have hit for max damage AND had a chance for critical if only attack and crit were reversed. As it is, I think it's going to miss. :( Unless flat-footedness catches them!
    Last edited by Cavelcade; 2012-09-28 at 08:00 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    As the first Ogre turned to notice the party, Kurt l
    Squeezes his hair trigger, sending a bolt of death off at just the fight second, catching the Orge Leader squarely in the ribs, a loud road before it turns and begins quickly moving towards the party sounding a stampede from the Other Ogres.

    Spoiler
    Show

    You picked the only Ogre in Leather Armor since he is a ranger and isn't wearing Medium armor.

    And with Bless, its a moot point.

    Map in Signature

    Valen Shields himself.



    Valen slips off his horse, slapping it's haunches with his Greatsword as he draws it, sending the beast to safety. He then reinforces his arcane protections as he steps forward to help stem the oncoming tide.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-28 at 11:54 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    With a nervous swallow, Natalia aims her crossbow at the charging ogre...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+6)[10]
    Crit Confirm: (d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (d8)[4]


    Of course it missed. Why should she have expected anything else? Natalia gets off the horse and draws her weapons, though she keeps it close for when they inevitably have to run for their lives. Assuming they aren't killed first.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-28 at 08:11 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam jump off her horse and puts her hand on Kurt. St. Cuthbert, give me the power to make this Dwarf an agent of you, a Mace of the gods!'

    Holding her holy symbol, her hand shines has Kurt significantly increases in size.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bless: Round 2/30
    Enlarge Kurt: Round 1/30
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt drops his loaded crossbow on the ground grabbing hold of his axe as he enlarges, roaring at the approaching Ogres as he grows to practically match their size.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia's eyes widen and she steps back as Kurt doubles or triples in size. There's so much rage in her...

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Valen looks at the giant Dwarf, "That'll do, that'll do."

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    The ogres are still out of range of any enchantment, so Shiny draws his crossbow and fires.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack (not including range increment): (1d20+4)[5]
    Confirm crit: (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]


    The bolt flops off of Shiny's crossbow in a pathetic misfire, and lands two feet on the ground in front of him.

    Shiny puts his hand above his eyes as shade. "Did I hit 'em?"
    Last edited by Admiral; 2012-09-28 at 05:26 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Ogres

    The horde of Ogres advance cautiously, each have drawn their huge javelins as they advance. The sheer bulk of the Ogres works against them as they are forced to move around each other to attack their smaller foes. Though that same bulk and size is what gives them a deadly reach.

    Spoiler
    Show
    They have all double moved. Remember the reach of the Ogres.

    The Leader has his Club already out, the other four have their Javelins as they could not capitalize on the same speed as their leader and plan on throwing their ranged weapon before drawing their massive clubs.

    At least Kurt gets to fight on equal footing!

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Valen stares at the the advancing Ogres... holding his blade strong, not wanting to advance into certain death he bides his time for the opportunity to strike...

    Engines of death...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Valen Delays unil the Ogre leader acts, joining the other Initiative group. Looking for a 5' step and attack, instead of a charge and AoO into certain death.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam puts her hand on Valen's naked back. "St. Cuthbert, fill that warrior of the strength of justice and goodness and the end of chaos. Create another Mace of the gods.'

    Her hand shines again and Valen suddenly feels stronger than he ever felt without raging.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 3:
    Bull Strength Valen: 1/30
    Bless All: Round 3/30
    Enlarge Kurt: Round 2/30
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-09-28 at 06:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia makes an odd high-pitched groaning noise as the ogres approach and Shiny's bolt misses as well.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril slid down from her horse and turned around in time to see the ogre's leader charging. Hurriedly she cast one of her new spells at the creature, watching a green bolt exit her palm and fly toward the ogre.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged touch attack but I don't know their touch AC. The SRD says it is 8 so I will use that.

    Attack (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage (2d4)[6]

    Acid will last 1 more turn, doing 2d4 damage again.


    Seeing the acid hit, she brightened. Maybe they would be able to kill these ogres.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2012-09-28 at 07:50 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril Rola -Toes in the Water


    Avatar of The Badger from Runite's Rise. First one I have made!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the avatar of Mithril by CoffeeIncluded Previously used

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt settles himself a bit, laughing and beckoning to the Ogre Leader, hefting his axe threateningly.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Readies an action to attack as soon as one comes in range.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Ogre Leader

    The massive brute falls for the now large Dwarf's taunts, their natural hatred coming through as he drops his javeling and pulls out his massive greatclub as he charges the readied Dwarf.... As the Giant nears Kurts axe hits true, catching the Giant just above the knee as even enlarged, the Dwarf is barely taller than an average man. As the greatclub comes down, Kurt's natural skill against Giants saves his hide...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kurt AoO
    AoO(d20+8)[16] vs AC 13
    Damage(3d6+7)[17]

    If he is still on his feet
    Charge!(d20+11)[14] vs AC 19 Seriously, a 3!
    Damage(2d8+7)[21]
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-28 at 08:19 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Valen

    Valen steps forward and attempts to finish the Ogre off, taking advantage of its traded blows with Kurt... Valen brings his blade in a grand upward sweep, splitting the giant from stem to sternum...

    Spoiler
    Show

    5' step
    Attack (d20+7)[27]
    Damage(2d6+4)[11]


    Miriam steps up behind Valen to bolster his strength as she mutters a prayer to Saint Cuthbert.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-28 at 08:26 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Bolstered by how quickly Kurt, Mithril, and Valen killed the first ogre (though more than a bit squicked by the gore of Valen's killing blow), Natalia reloads and shoots her crossbow, attempting to contribute to the fight however she can.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+6)[16]
    Crit confirm: (d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (d8)[5]


    The crossbow bolt slams into the ogre's shoulder, though unfortunately not deep enough to significantly hinder its movements.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-28 at 08:34 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril slightly cursed the fact the ogre leader had gone down so fast. She hadn't been able to see the full effects of her spell. Then she remembered what they where facing and hurriedly sent off another bolt at the farthest ogre. Maybe this time she would see what the text had meant by "lingering effects".

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casts at Ogre 4 (within range)
    Attack (1d20+3)[10] vs AC 8
    Damage (2d4)[6]

    next turn 2d4 more damage done to ogre 4 (if this hits)


    Her hand shook as she sent the bolt off and it wobbled a little in it's path, almost veering off. But the bolt managed to right itself and to Mithril's relief it sped into the side of the ogre in the back of the group.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2012-09-28 at 09:33 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril Rola -Toes in the Water


    Avatar of The Badger from Runite's Rise. First one I have made!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the avatar of Mithril by CoffeeIncluded Previously used

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Shiny winds up and casts sleep, aimed right at the ogre in the front of the advancing gang. Perhaps if he dropped, he would be in the way of the others charging.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save DC 15: (1d20+1)[7]

    Even if he makes the save, he'll be Unsettling Enchanted: -2 to attacks and AC for one round.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Ogres

    Two of the Ogres throw their Javelins, one at Kurt, the other at Miriam before moving up at drawing their great clubs, preparing for a devastating charge... one inbeds itself at Miriam's feet, but the other hits Kurts enlarged form right through the guts inflicting an impressive amount of damage as the point of the javelin can be seen protruding from his behind his floating ribs, a deep scarlet begins to stream to the ground...

    The third moves up, smacking the sleeping Ogre in the head and waking him as he draws his own club opting to wake his unconscious brethren instead of throwing his Javelin...

    The Sleeping Ogre wakes in time to stand up and throw a javelin at Shiny in response to his arcane gestures... but thinks surprisingly clearly as he instead whips it at the naked Valen... but Valen is nimble enough on his feet to avoid the blow the javeling glancing off of the arcane protections around him harmlessly...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attacks made with a -2 Range Increment included
    Vs Kurt AC:19 (d20+6)[25]
    Damage(d8+5)[13]

    Vs Miriam AC:17 (d20+6)[11]
    Damage(d8+5)[11]

    Vs Valen AC:20 (d20+6)[15]
    Damage(d8+5)[13]

    Nice sleep spell, had that not worked this round could have been very very ugly.

    And look at those damage rolls!
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-28 at 10:22 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia gasps as the javelin pieces Kurt nearly a foot deep. Frantically, she looks towards Miriam, wondering if the shadow over her has descended too far to help Kurt...

    She also calculates to see if she can reach one of the ogres in melee in the next couple of seconds.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam wants to go and hurt the ogre but she sees the crimson pool at the feet of Kurt. 'Keep the maces of the gods alive ......' is a voice she hears in head. "The kills will come ....'

    Reluctantly, she puts her hand on Kurt while clinging to her holy symbol 'St. Cuthbert, let your divine magic infuse your Mace of the gods with heal to help it to continue your work.'

    Spoiler
    Show
    Drop hold person (useless L2 spell against monsters" for a CMW on Kurt

    (2d8+3)[8][4](15)


    Miriam smiles as Kurt's enlarged body heals perfectly and rejects the protruding javelin but her eyes are still looking for blood.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-09-29 at 07:25 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    As the ogres come closer, Natalia reloads her crossbow and shoots at the nearest one, hoping to soften them up slightly so Kurt and Valen can go in for the kill. There's still a bit too far away and a bit too large for Natalia to want to take them on without any magical enhancement like Miriam gave to the two barbarians.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+6)[19]
    Crit confirm: (d20+6)[25]
    Damage: (d8)[4]

    Yes! It hit the first ogre because of Unsettling Enchantment, which combined with the +4 AC from cover makes the ogre's AC 18.


    The bolt shoots past Kurt and cuts deeply into the first ogre's face.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-29 at 09:00 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •