Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt grins, then, a booming laugh echoing from him as he advances to the Ogre in the lead on the road, not able to get a good charge up with those people around him. Still, as he advances he feels the rage building, right before he strikes the first ogre he lets out a roar of pure rage, pulling down in a vicious overhanded strike.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rage:
    Power attack: -1 + 2
    (1d20+8)[19] Attack
    (1d20+8)[21] Crit
    (3d6+10)[18] Damage Should have another +2 from power attack, so: Damage=20
    Last edited by Cavelcade; 2012-09-29 at 04:24 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Seeing the now massive Kurt trading blows with the Ogre, Valen begins moving in a reckless pace powered by Miriam's divine energies...

    Valen skirts around Kurt's melee to enter into his own dance of death with another Ogre.... Dodging one blow Valen deftly brings his blade deeply into the Ogre's side, nearly felling it in one blow.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Ogre AoO
    AoO vs AC:22 (d20+8)[19] Close!
    Damage(2d8+7)[19]

    Whirling Frenzy 1/5 Bull's Strength 1/30
    Once in range(Assuming not Crit and Instant death)
    Power Attack(-2/+4)(d20+9)[17]
    Damage(2d6+14)[24]



    Miriam follows behind Kurt, protecting the Juggernaught of Saint Cuthburt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miriam moved along to maintain initiative order.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Shiny darts forward when he sees the warriors in battle with the pair of ogres. The ogres are injured, but it's time to take one out of the picture.

    He splays his hand forward and casts a wave of colors over the ogre in front of Kurt.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I think I can get this one without getting Kurt, yeah?

    DC 15 Will save: (1d20+1)[3]

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril

    Seeing the battle turning in their favor, Mirthril reaches out her had, finers splayed as she mutters an incantation, her words flow perfectly from years of practice. Though with that practice came the ability to infuse her words with more arcane energy than she had ever before... Two brilliant white projectiles of pure force fly out and crash into the wounded Ogre toppling it...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril Casts Magic Missile at O2
    Damage(2d4+2)[7]

    I changed her requested action to something more effective given the turn of events.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia cheers as Shiny perfectly aims his spell to cripple the ogre and Mithril rippling words manifest into two small deadly spheres of energy that strike the other ogre between the eyes.

    Natalia flips the shortsword's hilt in her hand, ready to leap into the fray. They can do this.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Ogres

    The two standing Ogres let out their bellowing roars as they engage the Fray...

    The first steps up and around his fallen comrade to bring his gread club down upon the enlarged Kurt.... a thunder sounds of club breaking ribs can be heard as the Ogre's mighty blow hits home...

    The Other pulls out his Great club with a smile as he eyes the mind trickster, a hated little gnome... as the massive weapons smashes the ground it does not find its mark...only the gnomes racial instincts regarding giants kept Shiny from being nothing but smashed corpse filling a hole in the ground...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Both Ogres move up, neither can charge, neither provoke an AoO.

    VS Kurt AC19 (d20+8)[20]
    Damage(2d8+7)[16]

    VS Shiny AC21 (d20+8)[17]
    Damage(2d8+7)[9]

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Seeing and hearing Kurt so badly hurt, and seeing Mithril's magic, Natalia rushes into the fray, bringing her two blades down upon the ogre Shiny crippled with his magic, hoping to bring it down before the spell wears off.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+7)[26]
    Crit confirm: (d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (d6)[6] plus Sneak Attack (d6)[6]

    Attack: (d20+7)[9]
    Crit confirm: (d20+7)[20]
    Damage: (d6+1)[2] plus Sneak Attack (d6)[5]

    ...Holy ****. Critical hit. Max damage. Talk about overkill!

    I don't know if I can do the second attack in this round, but I don't think it really matters at this point.


    Natalia leaps up in the air, then strikes with all her might. As she falls upon the ogre, her fluttering hair and coattails and the outstretched shining blades give the impression of a swift and deadly falcon, diving in for the kill. The analogy is an apt one, as her rapier finds its mark and sinks in deep into the ogre's flesh, easily piercing its heart. Natalia lands on the ground with her blades in hand as the ogre topples over behind her.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-29 at 06:10 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    As the nimble human girls moves to attack the fallen Ogre, one of its brethren whips its massive club at her trying to prevent her strike... the club connects with its target, but does not prefent Natalia from slitting the throat of the downed Ogre...

    Spoiler
    Show

    AoO From O2 Vs Natalia AC18
    Attack(d20+8)[19]
    Damage(2d8+7)[12]
    Natalia takes 12 Damage

    Also, since you are moving, you can only attack with one weapon, not both. Only get all of your attacks on a full attack which includes two weapon fighting.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Though the ogre's club knocks Natalia into the air, and hurts (Natalia can't remember if she'd ever been hurt so badly before), she is able to recover. In fact, the ogre actually sent the rogue flying in the direction of the its stunned ally, and she uses that...unwanted boost to add momentum to her attack.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Valen whips his blade around in a vicious and quick mannor after he sees the huge club launch the tiny Natalia into the air... it was a fatal mistake, turning its head to attack Natalia allowed Valen in his divine powered Strength and Frenzy to sever it painting the ground red...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Whirling Frenzy 2/5 Bull's Strength 2/30
    Power Attack(-2/+4)(d20+9)[27]
    Damage(2d6+14)[25]

    Power Attack(-2/+4)(d20+7)[27]
    Damage(2d6+14)[18]


  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt shakes off the effects of the blow, laughing at the pain as he returns the favour.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+9)[13] Attack Forgot about bless so that's actually 14 - and a hit, I think?
    (1d20+9)[22] Crit
    (3d6+10)[22] Damage
    Last edited by Cavelcade; 2012-09-29 at 06:20 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt swing but his great axe meets only air....

    Spoiler
    Show
    He is AC 16

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril grinned. Her teacher's had been right, practice did improve ones magic. Liking the effect the last missile had upon encountering the ogre she decided to send another. Twin orbs burst forward yet again, racing and striking the last ogre, barely visible from her vantage point.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hehe she is so way behind the group right now, but within 130ft of the ogre.

    Damage (2d4+2)[7]
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril Rola -Toes in the Water


    Avatar of The Badger from Runite's Rise. First one I have made!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the avatar of Mithril by CoffeeIncluded Previously used

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Panting for breath as the ogre's blow catches up with her, Natalia sees a quick flash of light as two more of Mithril's magic missiles strike the ogre. She turns back and flashes her friend a grin that she hopefully spots from that far away.

    Did she see my strike? I still can't believe I managed to pull that off. I hope she saw me...

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    The Ogre engaged with Kurt takes an opportunity to strike at the young rogue.... his attack missing its mark...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Natalia is now in a square that had to have provoked an AoO from O3, I don't know how she moved over....

    AoO vs Natalia AC19(d20+8)[16]
    Damage(2d8+7)[15]

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam

    Seeing her friends wounded, Miriam raises her mace and brings her vengeance down upon the Ogre...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack (d20+5)[18]
    Damage(d8+1)[5]

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Still trying to catch her breath, Natalia watches as Miriam runs up and smashes her mace into the ogre's calf.

    "What...Happened to healer Miriam?" she can't help but ask, though it's a somewhat selfish thought.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Shiny leans back into another windup before twisting his hands in his usual arcane gestures, pointing this spell at the last standing ogre.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting sleep so it hits only O3, the last one standing.

    Will save DC 15: (1d20+1)[5]


    The ogre succumbs to the spell and falls to the ground, fast asleep.

    As soon as the ogre falls, Shiny holds up his hand. "Don't kill him!" he says in a harsh voice that's still low enough not to wake the sleeping giant. "This is our chance for deception."
    Last edited by Admiral; 2012-09-29 at 10:32 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Trying to calm himself out of his frenzy, Valen grits his teeth a look of utter clarity, "What if he deserves it?"

    Filthy creatures...it'd be much safer if they were simply gone....

    It takes a few moments, but the look of determination fades from Valens face, "Haha..maybe you are right, he may be more useful that way."

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia looks at Shiny and asks, "And...Communication?"
    Her side is hurting worse; the ogre's attack must have torn something internal. She clutches her solar plexus with a whimper.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-29 at 10:59 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Still wincing every few steps (something's almost certainly bleeding inside; she'd never been hurt so badly before. And Miriam's right there...what happened to her?), Natalia thoroughly searches the sleeping ogre, trying to plug her nose at the stench, then ties him up. After that, she goes to search the other ogres.

    She holds up what she finds, gold, gems, and two healing potions, along with their clubs and armor, with a smile.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-30 at 09:55 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Once Mithril saw the last ogre fall she jogged up to the rest of the group. "We actually did it again! The soldiers will definitely listen to us now!" Seeing Natalia's injury she tried to convince her to sit down so someone could look and make sure no ribs were broken. To afraid to ask Miriam she quietly tried to check herself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Heal Check (1d20+1)[5]


    She quickly stopped when she realized that she could not remember what a normal rib should feel like, or where they ended. Instead she settled for trying to distract Natalia from the pain. "Hey Natalia, I know you like flying. But next time you want to attack like that, could you jump from a tree?"
    Last edited by Athedia; 2012-09-30 at 12:48 AM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril Rola -Toes in the Water


    Avatar of The Badger from Runite's Rise. First one I have made!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the avatar of Mithril by CoffeeIncluded Previously used

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt hefts his axe upwards for a moment as the Ogre falls, prepared to disconnect his neck from his body before he realises everyone else has stopped. Then he relaxes instead, leaning on his enlarged axe and panting a little, shaking his head a bit as he still sees starts from the blow of the ogre.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia looks at Mithril, and then starts giggling. It doesn't hurt much more than it already did, so her ribs are probably okay. "An unasked boost," she says with a grin on her face.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-30 at 09:14 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Shiny scratches his head while looking at the gently sleeping ogre. "Someone should probably tie this one up."

    He then starts mumbling to himself in an unusually guttural voice. Anyone who listens closely might notice he is practicing verb conjugations in Giant.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "Already done," Natalia says as she finishes the last knots. She then looks at Miram.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam hits the ogre but her frustration does not go down.

    She sees it falls asleep due to Shiny's spell.

    She stops and looks around. Kurt and Natalia are hurt but not in immediate danger. The ogres are dead except for one. 'Let's correct that' she says out loud.

    She raises her mace, ready to crush the heard of the sleeping ogre. When it is time to pull it down, she hesitates 'You never killed anything and your first would be a defenseless sleeping monster? Are you that far gone?'

    She hesitates, the mace vacillating as she breathes loudly, fighting an inner war.

    She finally throws away her mace and her shield and screams "AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH, you are so freaking useless ........" She throws away her shield and her helmet before going to sit by a tree, burying her face in her hands as she starts sobbing uncontrollably.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Hearing Miriam's tortured scream, Natalia scrambles over to the cleric. Gingerly embracing her, trying not to put too much pressure on her injury, Natalia says, "Not useless. Saved us...Fight the poison before...before it kills you."

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril was shaken by what had just happened. She didn't know who Miriam was addressing but she had an idea that the normally peaceful cleric was angry at herself. Leaving Natalia with her rope tying she walked over to where Miriam sat and just sat silently next to her, unsure what to say. After a few moments of silence she awkwardly put her arms around the woman, holding her as she cried.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril Rola -Toes in the Water


    Avatar of The Badger from Runite's Rise. First one I have made!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the avatar of Mithril by CoffeeIncluded Previously used

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "Anger and rage...Shout down kindness, but not fully...brought yourself back," Natalia says. "...What happened?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •