New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

Still crying with her face buried in her hands, she spat words 'Lie .... a lie .... my life is a lie .... my God ... Good? ... Evil? ... Why? WHY? Why? .. Why did He let it happen? .....'

She is not reacting to Natalia and Mithril kind hearted and empathetic hugs.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-09-30 at 11:20 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Natalia shakes Miriam. "What happened?" she asks.

3. - Top - End - #183

Realizing that Miriam isn't going to do anything except cry, Natalia looks over at Mithril and asks, "Hear anything?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Shiny looks around urgently, his eyes whirring with the formation of a plan.

"When this ogre wakes up... It'll need to think we're collecting heads for a bounty set by the orcs. We'll pretend not to notice it for a moment and then we will. I'll taunt it a bit to drive in the message. Understood?

5. - Top - End - #185

Natalia withdraws slightly. Taunting the ogre, this was a bit more malicious than Shiny usually was. When had everyone around her gotten so cold? Was she any different? She'd killed four creatures now. Conscious creatures, not animals for food, even if it was in self-defense, even if they were brutes. Orcs couldn't be entirely brutish; that half-orc child back in Hilsfar was no savage...And she's the trapsmith. And here, she'll be using her snares and spikes to kill.

Natalia goes quiet.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

"We could simply ask it where the rest of its clan or group are and bring the same justice to them?" Valen says with a sigh, obviously fatigued from the battle and not in the mood to dally with the Gnome's plans of misinformations.

The massive brute is now tied up with Natalia's skillful rope work as the group stands around discussing their upcoming plans. The soldiers are still the better part of an hour behind them.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-30 at 02:24 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187

"...That's suicide!" Natalia says sharply. They may have managed this fight, but only because there were six of them. And besides, hunting was different.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-30 at 02:26 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    "We could simply ask it where the rest of its clan or group are and bring the same justice to them?" Valen says with a sigh, obviously fatigued from the battle and not in the mood to dally with the Gnome's plans of misinformations.
    "Ah, but did I mention you get the best part?" says Shiny, ever the consummate salesman. "You get to chop off the heads of this ogre's comrades in front of his eyes!"

Shiny suddenly turns to Kurt, as though he just remembered him. "Oh... you can cut some heads off too if you want," as though the dwarf had just asked for the privilege.

The gnome spins on his heel and turns to the three women, fully prepared to explain their part in the charade. Seeing Miriam wiping away tears, Mithril painfully trying to comfort her, and Natalia growing squeamish with the entire plan, he slowly deflates. "Well..., we can handle this one on our own. Kurt, Valen, places. Only start chopping once the giant awakens. Your cue is 'The orc chieftain said we'd get sixty a head'."

He pauses and waits for the ogre to awake, only a single eye watching while he pretends to look in another direction.

9. - Top - End - #189

Staring at Shiny's gleeful though of violence and shaking, Natalia turns to Mithril and asks, almost frantically, "Unnatural anger? You or me too? Different thoughts, shadow red blood claw make them hurt thoughts?"
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-09-30 at 05:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt looks at Shiny, then frowns and shakes his head. "You take care of this. These are beaten." He goes over to Miriam, then, very carefully sitting beside her and resting his enlarged axe across his knees. "Without you, I would be dead. Dead more than once, probably."

11. - Top - End - #191

"Team mom," Natalia adds quietly.

12. - Top - End - #192

Mithril continued holding Miriam in her arms. "Remember those lizardmen, you made it so their javelin didn't even leave a scar." She was tired from the events of the day, and this exhaustion made it harder to understand Natalia's concerns. "The ogres are dead, we aren't. I am glad of that. I think Shiny is just trying to prevent more death, of everyone in the long run."
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam sobs 'I can't .... I thought killing it would help but I could not .... I can't'

Still holding Mithril tight, she buries herself against the enlarged dwarf like a kitten would do to a human.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194

Somewhat nervously, Natalia pats Miriam's shoulder and says, "Can't kill feelings...Better to drain infections."

15. - Top - End - #195

Looking at Shiny, no amusement in his eyes, "If you believe I enjoy dismembering corpses, you are sorely mistaken..."

Valen moves off to recover his and the others horses, tieing them to a nearby tree.

Spoiler
    Show

Take 10 Ride for a 14. Shouldn't take long.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-09-30 at 08:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Natalia looks up and asks, "Wait for lieutenant?"

17. - Top - End - #197

Two minutes have passed. Valen and Kurt look as if they are refreshed after expending so much energy in so short a time. Miriam is sobbing and distraught, but remembers the pain her companions are in summoning just enough faith in Saint Cuthbert to mend their wounds, most of her energy spent. Shiny is quickly refreshing his lines and preparing the stage for his performance. Mithril and Natalia are busy giving emotional support to the cracking Miriam.

Spoiler
    Show

Last chance for a bit of IC before advancing things.

18. - Top - End - #198

Natalia stretches a bit as the wound heals, and whatever the ogre split open knits together. "Thank you. Good is true deep down," she says.

Some time during the two minutes Natalia did reload her light crossbow. Though she figures it's not necessary, what with the ogres dead and with Valen and Kurt still under Miriam's magical protection (how long does that last for anyway?) she does it anyway. After all, Natalia's rather cautious and thorough, as anyone working with traps learns to be.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Eventually Kurt sighs and stands again. "I don't like it, Shiny, but I'll help you." He picks up his axe and goes to stand over the Ogre Leader, his hands resting on the butt of his axe as he waits for the Ogre to awaken, his expression disturbingly blank for now.

20. - Top - End - #200

The group is scattered and debating the merits of Sinys plan when a loud crash of more Ogres can be heard coming from the North. Only four this time, but their leader looks even scarier than the last as he wields a large weapon in each hand. The other three are equipped like the other grunts you've encountered before.

Their eyes are alight with fire and hatred as they close on the group. Will our hearty adventurers summon the spirit to wade into battle yet again?

Spoiler
    Show

They had surprise, and all used their actions to move up. The entire party won initiative, see OoC for Initiative order.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam's sobs finally stops. She gives big strong hug to Mithril and whispers in her ear "Thank you Sister".

She gets up and plant a big kiss on Kurt's forehead, even if that mean she has t get on her tippie toes 'Thank you Sir Kurt'.

She approaches Natalia and rubs her hair in a friendly way. "I am sorry for losing it. I just learned some news ... well, not very good .... anyway, I am really sorry ....'

She touches Natalia while lifting her holy symbol to heal her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drop Bless water for CLW (1d8+5)[8] - forgot augmented healing last time

After that she goes toward the huge dwarf and smile 'healing time Sir" and touches his wounds to heal them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drop summon monster II for CMW (2d8+7)[9]

After that, she stands away for the ogre and Shiny, afraid that her emotional instability would hurt the gnome far fetched plan.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam sees the ogres coming and her blood freezes in her veins. 'So St. Cuthbert, is this the way it is? You give on one hand and take on the others? Do you want my life because I know you covert a perverted sick old man going around taking naive young girl maidenhood in your name?' she hears an angry voice in herher.

She shakes her head trying to push away the thoughts 'Not now please ....." she says out loud to herself. She lowers her head and when she raises it, the kind loud that had returned after the tears has been replaced by a cold expressions.

'We cannot out run them. Even if we do with the horses, they might take down Linwood support forces. Let's see if Shiny can put some asleep. I can try to stun some. I wish you did not waste your precious spell, you stupid girl" she says to herself.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-10-01 at 09:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

Natalia nods and smiles as Miriam heals her, but it's wiped from her face as she hears the ogres.

"Oh ****."

Her mind is made up; without Miriam's spells they can't win this fight. She stands up and says, "Double tap and run!"

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt takes a five foot step to the left and then settles in place, readying his weapons not just to protect but also to keep himself safe.

"Everyone get behind me and shoot!"

Spoiler
    Show

He starts fighting defensively: -4 to attack rolls, +2 to AC.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Shiny reacts to the newcomers by sprinting away from the bound orc and behind the massive bulk of Kurt. His face shows neither fear nor calm- only the frenzied fury of action.

He aims his crossbow between the oversized dwarf's legs and shoots.

Spoiler
    Show

Looking to have cover behind Kurt. Aims shot at OL.

Attack: (1d20+4)[17]
    Confirm crit: (1d20+4)[5]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]

26. - Top - End - #206

Natalia stares in disbelief as the group decides to stay and fight. "...Joking, right? Please, say it's...a joke." She sighs. As much as she wants to run for it, she's not going to leave them to die...

Natalia shoots the crossbow bolt at the nastiest ogre, then ducks behind Kurt, knowing that the bolt will miss like it usually does.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+6)[26]
    Crit confirm: (d20+6)[8]
    Damage: (d8)[2]

The bolt hits, but it doesn't do more than a scratch...
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-10-01 at 01:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam pulls out a little bit of silver from her pouch and makes a circle around Kurt. 'Now St. Cuthbert grants this warrior more protection against the evil that is threatening us!'

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast protection from evil on Kurt

After that, she will pull up her wand and hit the back of Kurt with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wand of CLW: (1d8+5)[7]
    Charges left: 49

She yells at Natalia 'Sharpshooter! My crossbow is loaded. Bury the bolt down that creature throat!'
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

Natalia almost glares at Miriam. "No...Offense to Kurt, but...But..I needed that more!"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam looks at Natalia. The harsh look in her eyes disappears for a second before reappearing. 'Just don't engage. Shoot from afar. Let me heal. Wait for one of the spells to disable them. Just don't get yourself killed.

The kind look reappears and with a begging voice, Miriam concludes 'Please? I really need you, all of you right now .....'
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

Natalia sighs and says, "Still say we run. Foolish to be here."

She also takes the items she gave to Valen from him and hands them over to Mithril, saying, "Fire jugs and sticky good. Valen slashes, you hinder."