Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 1495
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Hearing the sounds of Valen and the two ogres hot on his heels, Natalia springs forward with both blades, hoping for better luck this time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+7)[9]
    Crit confirm: (d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (d6)[6] plus Sneak Attack: (d6)[5]

    Attack: (d20+7)[15]
    Crit confirm: (d20+7)[11]
    Damage: (d6+1)[5] plus Sneak Attack: (d6)[2]
    My webcomic!


    Currently DMing:
    Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC
    OOC Map
    Playing Natalia Bolts and Jadeite Nocrius

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Hearing the sounds of Valen and the two ogres hot on his heels, Natalia springs forward with both blades, hoping for better luck this time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+7)[16]
    Crit confirm: (d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (d6)[2] plus Sneak Attack: (d6)[2]

    Attack: (d20+7)[26]
    Crit confirm: (d20+7)[10]
    Damage: (d6+1)[4] plus Sneak Attack: (d6)[2]


    (Sorry, forum ate my post)
    My webcomic!


    Currently DMing:
    Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC
    OOC Map
    Playing Natalia Bolts and Jadeite Nocrius

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam moves quickly debating between her mace and her wand... her wand eventually winning out as she heals Valen's wounds...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Heal(d8+5)[8] Charges:47

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Valen basks in the healing energies of Miriam's magic and attempts to deliver a deathblow to the stunned Ogre... his blade slicing cleanly through the Ogres back severing the spine..."Stop wasting time, there are yet more." a grin on his face...


    Should battle be this enjoyable?...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Power Attack (-2/+4)(d20+7)[24]
    Damage(2d6+11)[23]

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia manages to duck as Valen is showered with the ogre's blood; she just barely avoids getting drenched herself. Their raw physical might is...Terrifying. So is the primal grin on his face, so natural on his yet so foreign on Miriam's.
    My webcomic!


    Currently DMing:
    Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC
    OOC Map
    Playing Natalia Bolts and Jadeite Nocrius

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt moves to a forward positions readying his axe to defend his allies...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kurt moves, readies a defensive strike

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Ogres

    As their final compainion is felled the Ogres let out a battle charge as the charge the barbarians... but not before Kurt brings down his axe... the two behemoths trade tremendous blows that would fell lesser warriors....the second misses Valen as he nimbly steps to the side preparing to return the favor...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Readied Defensive Strike Vs AC14 (d20+4)[21]
    Damage (d12+6)[18]

    Charge Vs Kurt AC21 (d20+11)[25]
    Damage (2d8+7)[18]

    Charge Vs Valen AC20 (d20+11)[15]
    Damage (2d8+7)[16]


  8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril aimed and shot at the ogre attacking Kurt "Stay up Kurt, they look weaker already.". She felt bolstered by her own words as the bolt flew true, and struck the ogre.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+4)[18]
    Crit (1d20+4)[10]
    Damage (1d8)[6]

    Reloading and 5 foot step backwards.
    Last edited by Athedia; 2012-10-01 at 09:15 PM.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril by CoffeeIncluded


    Spoiler: Spell List
    Show

    Level 0 (4):
    Light
    Detect Magic
    Prestidigitation
    Mending

    Level 1 (5):
    Feather Fall
    Mage Armor
    Magic Missile
    Dawn Burst
    Grease

    Level 2 (5):
    Detect Thoughts
    Acid Arrow
    Cloud of Knives
    Acid Arrow
    Web

    Level 3 (4):
    Dispel Magic
    Tongues
    Deeper Darkvision
    Daylight

    Level 4(3):
    Black Tentacles
    Wall of Water
    Dimension Door

    Level 5(1)
    Fly, Mass

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    As Miriam touches Valen's bloodied back, a lust for hurt takes over her. She thinks she wants to feel what it is like to take a life. So much has been taken from her and nothing has been given. She has given her all life and never taken anything.

    That lust for violence is very visible but her training as a healer is still primordial.

    She looks around at the injured fighters, Kurt, Natalia and Valen and assesses the one the closest to death.

    She is about to use the healing wand when suddenly she sees a flash and time seems to stop around her. She hears a voice in her head 'Miriam, You are my Chosen One'.

    Her holy symbol starts to shine and suddenly the mace that she is holding start looking like the Mace That Never Forgets as Mary described her.

    The voice continues 'That Relic is your destiny as it is to stop HIM'

    She realizes it is St. Cuthbert talking to her. He has heard her prayers and is aware of the situation. But there is no time to think about it. Time restarts and the ogres are about to kill her friends.

    She moves forward yielding her mace and strike the healthiest ogre she can reach without getting it. The mace looks normal to other but to her, she is carrying The Mace That Never Forgets. She strikes the ogre hard, feeling the added power provided by her god.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure who needs it most
    (1d8+5)[7]
    Charges LefT: 46

    From OOC Thread
    Hit: 26
    Damages:11
    Demoralized: 16 without modifier.



    She howls as she makes contact and sees her mace return to her normal shape. "I HEARD YOU ST. CUTHBERT. WE HAVE MORE TO TALK ABOUT BUT I HEARD YOU.'

    Her howl is violent and guttural but instead of being a howl of anger and despair, it is an howl of freedom and strength. She has still violence in her eyes but it is not desperate violence but instead justice.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-10-02 at 06:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "Proving me wrong!" Natalia says with confidence as she prepares to strike, waiting to see what Shiny does.
    My webcomic!


    Currently DMing:
    Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC
    OOC Map
    Playing Natalia Bolts and Jadeite Nocrius

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Upon studying the scene for an instant, and realizing the dangerous state of Kurt's health, Shiny realizes what he has to do.

    He darts forward ten feet, well within the range of the closer ogre's greatclub. He intentionally doesn't try to avoid the attack- he needs to get it out of the way to do what he's trying to do.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shiny needs to make his last spell count, so he's allowing one attack of opportunity when he moves into the range of the ogre. That way, the ogre won't be ready to do another attack of opportunity when Shiny casts his color spray over both ogres.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Spoiler
    Show

    Upon better judgment: tumble check: (1d20+8)[10]

    Failed anyway so AoO away!
    Last edited by Admiral; 2012-10-01 at 09:47 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt stumbles a little from the weight of the blow he receives in response, then blinks a little as he finds himself suddenly looking up at the ogres, the enlarge person wearing off. He laughs and grins and moves in for more anyway, stepping in to try and finish his opponent.

    Spoiler
    Show

    5' step, so no AOO from the ogres. Moving to AC17 from AD18, assuming that's where I shrunk to.

    (1d20+8)[27] Attack
    (1d20+8)[16] Crit
    (1d12+6)[11] Damage

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    After the ogre's attack, Shiny finishes his sprint forward, splays out his hand, and releases a cone of colors over both their adversaries.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Like Coffee suggested, finishing instead of waiting for the AoO (since the AoO is almost certain not to kill him).

    Ogre 2 Will save: (1d20+1)[10]
    Ogre 3 Will save: (1d20+1)[15]

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "Wh--?" Natalia manages to say as she sees Miriam spring forward and smash the ogre with her mace. Something odd happens as she does so, but Natalia isn't quite sure what happened for a few moments.
    My webcomic!


    Currently DMing:
    Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC
    OOC Map
    Playing Natalia Bolts and Jadeite Nocrius

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    As the ogre staggers from Mithril's blow and Shiny's spell, Natalia springs forward, ready to finish this.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (d20+6)[13]
    Crit confirm: (d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (d6)[2] plus Sneak Attack (d6)[5]

    Attack: (d20+6)[21]
    Crit confirm: (d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (d6+1)[3] plus Sneak Attack (d6)[1]


    Both blades sink into the ogre's thigh.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-10-02 at 08:18 AM.
    My webcomic!


    Currently DMing:
    Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC
    OOC Map
    Playing Natalia Bolts and Jadeite Nocrius

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Shiny darts forward making a quite dramatic and awkward roll and is nearly smashed by the Ogres huge club. He is able to nimble throw up his hand and unleash the last of his arcane energies for the day, making it count. As shiny is disorientating the enemy Miriam strides forward with a purpose of movement on battle never seen before. She lets out a cry so primal, so pure, so just that she moves forward and strikes dead the Ogre that wounded her friend and ally Kurt. For a few seconds Miriam was an instrument of divine retribution. Her cry and purpose of movement is enough to give everyone pause and would have chilled you to the bone had she not been your ally.

    Kurt proceeds to sink his axe into the final standing Ogre, followed immediately by Natalia's swift blades, the thick skin limiting the damage to the Ogres vital areas.

    Spoiler
    Show

    AoO on Shiny
    Attack(d20+9)[20]
    Damage[roll][2d8+7/roll]

    Refluffing what happened for RP purposes. Stay tuned.



  18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Valen moves forward to finish the Ogre, attempting to repay it for his wounded thigh... As he severs the thick muscled leg...the arteries pumping out the Ogres lifeblood in a mere couple of seconds...

    Spoiler
    Show


    Power Attack(-2+4)(d20+8)[25]
    Damage(2d6+11)[16]



    For a moment there is only silence as all the party members are still standing and alive...

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt pants for a few moments, catching his breath, then looks over at Miriam, impressed. "That was quite the killing strike, Miriam. Shiny, do you still want to do this?"

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril listened to the silence, pausing then softly asking, "Is everyone alive?". Whiskers rubbed against her face, comforting her.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril by CoffeeIncluded


    Spoiler: Spell List
    Show

    Level 0 (4):
    Light
    Detect Magic
    Prestidigitation
    Mending

    Level 1 (5):
    Feather Fall
    Mage Armor
    Magic Missile
    Dawn Burst
    Grease

    Level 2 (5):
    Detect Thoughts
    Acid Arrow
    Cloud of Knives
    Acid Arrow
    Web

    Level 3 (4):
    Dispel Magic
    Tongues
    Deeper Darkvision
    Daylight

    Level 4(3):
    Black Tentacles
    Wall of Water
    Dimension Door

    Level 5(1)
    Fly, Mass

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam is breathing really loud as she slowly calm herself down. She has taken for the first time the life of a sentient creature.

    She has confused feeling about having killed for the first time. She says to herself 'I was an instrument of St. Cuthbert. I was a chosen one.' Still, the words ring hollow in her head.

    She looks at Valen "Does it get ... easier? Does that awful taste in my mouth will disappear?'

    Although she knew the ogres were evil monsters, it was hard for Miriam to reconcile that she was now a killer. She had ended a life. Her innocence was lost. She mentally correct herself 'I lost my innocence when I listened to golden and sugary words of the old pervert and open my legs and much more.'

    Still her discomfort is quite visible. She is still adjusting to the fact that she killed. She looks around and notice the wounded warriors, Kurt and Valen.

    'Sir Kurt and Valen, let me mend your wounds. After all, I am a chosen of St. Cuthbert.'

    As she taps them with the wand, she thinks 'Did it really happen? Did St. Cuthbert give me a sign? Was meeting Mary not an accident? Should I go and quest for the Mace? What about Calric?'

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kurt healing: (1d8+5)[8]
    Valen healing: (1d8+5)[12]
    Charges left: 45


    She tells the rest of group. "I will fully heal everybody with what is left of my spells once we decide to stop. I might be a simple farm girl but as a cleric of St. Cuthbert, I will not make that mistake twice the same day.'

    Finally, she looks at Valen and Shiny 'When you interrogate the ogre in giant speak, I need you to find out if he has seen a certain person as a prisoner.'
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-10-02 at 09:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Valen looks at Miriam, his eyes distant and blank, "Yes.... Be concerned when it does..."

    After Miriam heals him, he offers silent thanks in the firm of a nod.

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Admiral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Shiny is the only one not catching his breath- between his boundless enthusiasm and his gnome constitution, he seems to have an endless supply.

    "We'll play it just the same way, only better. He's up any second now. Let's start collecting heads."

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    "Natalia, do you want help searching the bodies?" Mithril walked over to the girl and sat next to her, exhaustion ringing her eyes.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril by CoffeeIncluded


    Spoiler: Spell List
    Show

    Level 0 (4):
    Light
    Detect Magic
    Prestidigitation
    Mending

    Level 1 (5):
    Feather Fall
    Mage Armor
    Magic Missile
    Dawn Burst
    Grease

    Level 2 (5):
    Detect Thoughts
    Acid Arrow
    Cloud of Knives
    Acid Arrow
    Web

    Level 3 (4):
    Dispel Magic
    Tongues
    Deeper Darkvision
    Daylight

    Level 4(3):
    Black Tentacles
    Wall of Water
    Dimension Door

    Level 5(1)
    Fly, Mass

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    'Would a pile of ogres' head help in your incomprehensible play Shiny? Also, can you ask him if he has encountered or captured a young man of about 16 looking like ...."

    Miriam goes on describing young Calric un much details as she can.

    'He is the son of Mary and for some personal reasons, his well being is critical to me. He was last seen with the Hulburg troops going after ogres. I would like to find out if he is alive or not, and if captured, I promised to free him.'

    She stops. She has said way too much. Hopefully, they will be to busy to cut head or scare the ogre to really pay attention.

    Still, the awful taste in her mouth is still there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cavelcade's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Kurt nods to Miriam in thanks again when she heals him, then goes to take care of the grisly business that needs doing, though he'd rather not have to take off the heads at all. He forces himself to just do it, hewing one head after another, helping them make a pile.

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Athedia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Keystone of the USA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Mithril looked over the bodies, trying to find anything useful on them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+3)[17]
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show


    Spoiler
    Show
    Mithril by CoffeeIncluded


    Spoiler: Spell List
    Show

    Level 0 (4):
    Light
    Detect Magic
    Prestidigitation
    Mending

    Level 1 (5):
    Feather Fall
    Mage Armor
    Magic Missile
    Dawn Burst
    Grease

    Level 2 (5):
    Detect Thoughts
    Acid Arrow
    Cloud of Knives
    Acid Arrow
    Web

    Level 3 (4):
    Dispel Magic
    Tongues
    Deeper Darkvision
    Daylight

    Level 4(3):
    Black Tentacles
    Wall of Water
    Dimension Door

    Level 5(1)
    Fly, Mass

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia looks at Miriam quietly and says, "Don't let it. Keep the numbers." Offering the cleric a hug, she says, "Them or us, why we slash them. Doesn't make it easier."

    Natalia smiles at Mithrils offer. "All alive and okay, like we said. Sharpshooter and spellcaster. Wonderful."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 20 on search for a 30.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-10-02 at 11:25 AM.
    My webcomic!


    Currently DMing:
    Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC
    OOC Map
    Playing Natalia Bolts and Jadeite Nocrius

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Miriam hugs Natalia back and then steps away. She let the rogue and the wizard loot the bodies. She still cannot get herself to do this.

    She watches Kurt makes the pile of heads and appreciate the dwarf willingness to do such and unpleasant job.

    She leans against a tree, trying to control her breathing and fighting back all the thoughts going through her mind at the moment. She is glad no one is asking questions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground
     
    CoffeeIncluded's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC II Toes In The Water

    Natalia hears Miriam struggling to get her breath back. But she can't think of much to say. She didn't sleep too well the first night in Linwood either.
    My webcomic!


    Currently DMing:
    Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise IC
    OOC Map
    Playing Natalia Bolts and Jadeite Nocrius

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •