New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default How do you want Xykon fail

Hi, Lord here,
    I have been thinking about the way I wanted Order of the Stick to end, and I was wondering how exactly people wanted to see Xykon go out?
    Me? I want to see him have a complete villainous breakdown, his plans destroyed, and possibly with an effective backstab by Redcloak.
    Also I want to see some variant of this line used:

Xykon: DAMN YOU GREENHILT!

Up until now, Xykon never really takes Roy seriously, even offering to just let him go Level up some more during the battle for Azure city, and never getting his name right. So getting the name right would clearly show just how seriously he was taking things.

What do you think?
    : Proud Veteran Warrior of The Roy fan club.
    : Proud Member of the Redcloak fan club

These hands of mine have been dirty for a long time now Suzaku, your coming to face me now doesn't matter at all. Hell I welcome it even.
    I mean of course you and I are friends.
    {Begins laughing Maniacally as the city around him falls apart}

Lelouch Vi Brittania's reaction to a deaththreat from his best friend. Badass

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: How do you want Xykon fail

I don't think Xykon has the right mentality to suffer a complete villianous breakdown; after all, we saw it come pretty close to what you are describing back in Azure city, and all we really got was a "we gave it our best shot, so much for that".

And Xykon got seriously angry at V and O-Chul when they broke in/out of his tower, but remains focused as ever.
    Even if every gate is destroyed and/or kept out of his hands, what's 20 years down the tube to an immortal lich?

As satisfying as it might be, I think the best we're going to get is perhaps an "Oh [poop]!" moment with Xykon reduced to nothing but a skull as his phylactory is smashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not called common because the sense is common, it's called common because it's about common things.
    Homebrew Extended Signature!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deepbluediver View Post
    I don't think Xykon has the right mentality to suffer a complete villianous breakdown; after all, we saw it come pretty close to what you are describing back in Azure city, and all we really got was a "we gave it our best shot, so much for that".
    I agree with this. From what I can tell, Xykon is more invested in liching it up than taking over the world. If the plan fails, he'll probably be like "Screw it, I'll just kill everyone. Should be fun."

That said, Xykon getting Roy's name right would be an excellent way of demonstrating that Xykon is in serious business mode. Props, Lord.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

So Xykon, what are we going to do tomorrow night?
    Same thing we do every night. Try to TAKE OVER the WORLD!
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

With a tickle fight.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I would like him to say

AH! So THIS is what -

before he gets destroyed.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChowGuy View Post
    So Xykon, what are we going to do tomorrow night?
    Same thing we do every night. Try to TAKE OVER the WORLD!
    You're terrible.

I've had the stupid quote in those damn squeaky voices playing over and over in my head all afternoon. And I giggle every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not called common because the sense is common, it's called common because it's about common things.
    Homebrew Extended Signature!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I hope we get to see him find out the true nature of the Plan - the reaction should be interesting.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Please no more "do you really want..." and "do you want..." and similar threads. This issue could be raised without the meme as a hook. Such things then to multiply, become parodied, etc., and take over the forum.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex