New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anime Remix IC

1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Anime Remix IC

Vance was still intrigued by what the ghost had told him. He had just left his home. Do demons really existed? He had to find out about this possibility. But where could he begin such a search? As he had no idea, he decided to wander while he hoped to stumble for something. Maybe ask someone in the area could be good.

Spoiler
    Show

Gather information (1d20+3)[11]
    Luck (1d100)[73]
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Odin couldn't help but feel a little pride as he pulled his kick back.

"Thanks, but the only stuff I know if from what I see in anime and action movies," he said as he pressed on the attack, weaving a bit before twisting to kick again into Kon's stomach. If technique won't work, then let's try power.

Spoiler
    Show
    All-Out Attack, Strike, taking a -4 to Defense and applying to attack.

(1d20+8)[23]
    Last edited by Astro_sol; 2012-09-30 at 03:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Again, Kon blocks the attack, but this time he grunts and gets pushed back, "you must be careful when attacking like that, it leaves you open for retaliation," he swings a kick at Odin, but is surprised when he manages to dodge, though only barely, "interesting," he says, smirking, "now I am truly impressed," his smirk turns to a full on grin, "you are definitely going to do well here, you have a solid base and a surprising degree of skill for being untrained. What do you think, Aoi."

Odin hears a sigh behind him, "I agree with your assessment, and with the amount of chi he possesses he will be able to learn more than a normal student." turning around, Odin sees an older man with dark blue hair and light brown, almost tan colored, eyes. Though, that's not the odd thing, what is odd is what he's wearing. Cargo pants, a long sleaved undershirt, a sleaveless, hooded jacket with a red tie dye spiral on the back and a similar fox head on the front with nine flames around it. He also possesses a pair of fingerless gloves with metal plates on the back and combat boosts that you can hear the metal on the bottom of when he walks.

"Tell me, kid, what do you think chi is?" he says, it's more of a command then a question and it sends a chill down Odin's spine.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

Hisoka looks at the sword, it was much larger than he expected. The pieces seemed to fit better than before, however, they still don't fit quite right, as if they were missing small fragments. He looks again at the writing on the sword and copies it down completely. The runes look vaguely like they could belong in Japanese or Chinese. He wonders if there is anyone trained to read this writing somewhere near Inaba. He may have to go to Kyoto to see if there are any experts on ancient scripts there.

5. - Top - End - #185

Daemon

Odin had finally gotten what felt like a solid hit in when the fun suddenly stopped. He had to stop himself from bouncing back and forth, ready to keep going. He was just starting to enjoy the praise, too, when he jumped at the voice behind him. I never even sensed him! What the hell?!

Any reaction he had (besides the dumbfoundedness painted clearly on his face) was quashed at Aoi's command/question. Chi?

"It's...life energy, from what I've heard. Something about connecting us with the world, natural energy flowing through us, yeah?"

6. - Top - End - #186

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Close, but good answer none the less," Kon says, "Not good enough though. Chi is the essence of life, it is the excess life energy not needed to fuel the body. People can have no Chi at all and still live, it is surplus energy, and that's why using Chi generally doesn't reduce a person's lifespan," Aoi elaborates, "Most people never gain the ability to access it, and few have the talent to wield it. You have one of the highest production rates of Chi I have ever seen, kid, and it's naturally in a controlled state. With a little experience, you'd probably have unlocked your Chi on your own eventually, I can tell you were subconsciously using it to enhance your speed and resilience, which is surprising. I would like to see what you can do once it's unlocked..."

Kon nods at that, "we will continue our fight, I must say, it is rather fun to fight someone that can actually hit me well enough to get through my defenses. I will be reinforcing my attacks and defenses with Chi now, very small amounts of it, but enough that you're Chi will likely awaken."

Aoi laughs, "I haven't seen you like this in a while Kon, thinking of finally taking on a student of your own?" Kon pauses for a moment, which actually causes Aoi to raise an eyebrow, "It has crossed my mind. For now though, let us continue where we left off."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187

Daemon

Odin simply absorbed everything the pair told him, storing it away for later research. Maybe Hisoka would know something about it.

"Cool," he said, nodding at Aoi, before twisting to start whipping a fist at Kon, going right back into fight mode.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[24] for a standard strike. Not bothering to modify it.

8. - Top - End - #188

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Odin's fist finds its way through Kon's guard and slams into his chest, sending him back, gasping. It becomes obvious he's not particularly tough, but possesses a near iron defense, "good punch kid," he says, but then charges forward and makes the same palm thrust as the kid before, which hits Odins shoulder, and pushes him back in a spin with little actual damage done, "but you should use your kicks, with your focus on speed your legs will be more developed than your arms."

Aoi chimes in, "you over extended your punch, hold your punch back and rotate your body instead, it will give the same amount of power but give you a faster recovery time when pulling back, making it easier to defend," he's leaning against the wall, watching with a critical eye, "And Kon, you still rely to much on blocking with your hand and forearm, I've told you that an elbow block is better able to lead into an attack after blocking!" apparently Kon was as much a student as Odin as far as Aoi was concerned.

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    You walk around town, and Shou Shou is actually rather curious, he hadn't been far from the scrapyard in a while do to the magic there. He points out landmarks that used to be there, but aren't now. From history class, you know a lot of the places he mentions are from over a millenia ago. One spot he points out that is still there is the local temple, which was watched over by a Nekomata, a form of cat demon, named Kaya.

Hisoka
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information, Knowledge (Streetwise), or an Int/Wis check to see if you know about anyone nearby that might know this stuff.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189

Daemon

The punch he landed simply wasn't as satisfying as he'd hoped. And the guy was right, he always felt more at home with kicks. But then, Aoi had some good points too. He could still use punches.

The guy's return hit confused him. He had the feeling that he should have been a lot more hurt than just confused. It conflicted with the earlier display by Jace.

Odin didn't vocalize any of his thoughts, though. He learned by doing. Taking the more experienced martial artists' words to heart, the boy began to focus more on his footwork, shifting to find the perfect balance to whip fast kicks, focusing on Kon's leg joints.

Spoiler
    Show
    An ill-advised trip!

(1d20+4)[16] for the attack
    (1d20+4)[9] if it hits, for Dexterity trippin'

10. - Top - End - #190

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kon wheels backwards and is caught off balance by Odin's attack, but he does manage to get a hit in that knocks the air out of his lungs (another bruise and stunned, can use extra effort to trade stun for fatigue so you can act)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

Daemon

Hits to the solar plexus hurt. He'd finally gotten the bastard good, but he had to go and ruin it by hitting him right where it hurt. Odin struggled to draw breath.

I can take it!

Odin forced air into his abused lungs through sheer willpower. He forced his words into a shout as he rushed forward towards the prone Kon.

"Eat this!" he shouted as he brought his leg back. "Odin Punt!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Striking a prone opponent. Moving to strike him, if it's needed. Have a hero point just in case.

Dat roll: (1d20+7)[8]

12. - Top - End - #192

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    The moment Odin breathes in, something awakens, and a light aura encircles him, getting Kon and Aoi to raise eyebrows in surprise. Then, when he goes in for a punt, his kick ignites and Kon has to block in his awkward position tonot get hit in the face by a raging inferno of Chi. He gets sent across the room in a way reminiscent to what Odin had seen Jace do not to long ago.

"Damn kid," Aoi says, "I knew you had potential but this is just rediculous, you have a natural battle aura, you really know how to pick them Kon," he says, as Kon picks himself up off the ground, his hands steaming.

"I believe that this is considered a success. Well done," Kon says, grinning even as he flexes his hand, "I would like to know your name, Jace never mentioned it. I would also like to ask if you'd be interested in an apprenticeship," that got Aoi's eyes into his hairline, which made him look a lot less intimidating, "I was kidding when I said that earlier. You've never taught your fighting style to anyone before!" Kon only smirks and awaits Odin's answer.

Then you hear from the door, "That was totally WICKED!" shouted by Jace as he stared on with awe, getting Aoi to facepalm and sigh in exasperation. You have a feeling this has happened before.

(Odin gains Battle Form 2, do with the points what you will. It does not have the Doesn't Fade or Second Stage extras yet)
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-10-01 at 12:44 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

Daemon

He thought he felt it. Some inner strength, rising through him when he kicked Kon. And he'd sent him flying.

It felt good.

He couldn't help but strike his victory pose immediately after seeing Kon fly. He struck his hands up diagonally, palms stretched flat as he angled his body to the side.

"YUSS!" he shouted in English.

He quickly realized where he was, though, and quickly dusted himself off as Kon approached him and talked to him. The exchange between Kon and Aoi was interesting. It seemed that Kon was something special, and Odin knew 100% that the dude had seriously held back on him. And if that chi stuff he did had helped him pull off that stunt...

Odin nodded, and smirked at Jace's words before turning back to Kon. "I'm Donovan O'Sullivan, but my friends call me Odin. I, uh," he faltered. Things were getting a bit formal for his tastes, but he felt like some of it was required. He'd never done any of this dojo stuff before, let alone start summoning up chi-crap to kick people across rooms. And if he hadn't been mistaken, he'd been glowing, too. "I'd be honored to be your apprentice. I think I've got a lot to learn," he finished, scratching the back of his head.

14. - Top - End - #194

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kon grins, "Odin, it's surprising how well that will fit once you finish your apprenticeship," he then nods, "come here tomorrow after your classes are over, I'll explain what my art is and then we'll see about setting up a schedule. I'm sure you don't want to be here every day."

(PL Caps up 1 and 5 free points)

Note to Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    After your first combat IC you will increase in PL Caps, so you'll effectively be PL 6 and will gain 5 points to spend as you'd like. Just so happens that Odin's power gave him that first combat quicker.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-10-01 at 01:23 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195

Daemon

Odin couldn't help but laugh, but got cut off as his knees buckled. He caught himself before he fell.

"Holy crap," he said. "This is a lot to take in, and I'm exhausted. I think I should, uh, go take a nap." He moved to fetch his jacket and valuables. "But I'll definitely be here tomorrow. Count on it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ballin'. Unless they want more to do with Odin, I'm thinking he's going to go rest until he's recovered.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

"Wow.... I really should take walks more often. Sometimes I forget places like this even exist." Vance admits to Shou Shou as they walk towards the temple. Vance takes a good look at the outside of the temple amazed by the age of it. He takes a look on the inside.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2012-10-01 at 04:08 PM.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #197

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Vance walks into the shrine, he hears light breathing, slow, like someone sleeping.

(Roll Notice)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Vance wonders what that noise he hears could be. He remains silent as he watches his surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice: (1d20+11)[15]
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

19. - Top - End - #199

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a tail hanging from the rafters overhead, which is attached to a humanoid figure sleeping there. The tail twitches every now and then, uh oh, looks like she got into the catnip, now you hear purring, may want to leave before she wakes up, she's a little on the touchy side when she wakes up... too late, he says, as you see her yawn and get up, stretching.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

"That´s Kaya?" Vance wonders as he watches the nekomata. He tries to move away but he doesnt think he would be able to leave on time. He remembers what Shou Shou told him about its abilities and decides to summon him just in case. "Hello. Lady Kaya. I didnt mean to bother you in your sleep."
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2012-10-01 at 06:50 PM.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #201

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nekomata, female cat demon, a type of fey from the northern part of Japan, very friendly tricksters, sorta like a kitsune, Shou Shou says, but they get a little touchy when they get catnip.

"Nyaa~," said nekomata yawns, letting you see that she does look mostly human, but has fur, a tail, and cat-like ears. Her hair is a little messy, but she is quite beautiful, and looks like she's not wearing a shirt, though her fur does cover anything from being seen. She still doesn't seem to notice Vance.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Vance coughs trying to catch the attention of Kaya. Vance had decided to ignore Shou Shou´s warning for the possibility of a contract. "Sorry to bother you, Lady Kaya." he replies trying to be as polite as possible. "If I may have a minute of your time..."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

23. - Top - End - #203

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    She turns to look at Vance, you can see she's still sleepy, "no one's come here in a while," she says, rubbing her eyes, which makes Shou Shou do a huh? before she walks over to what looks like a dresser and pulls out a kimono and slips it on, "sorry about that, I didn't get much sleep last night."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

"It is fine." Vance replies with a smile and his eyes closed. He wondered how long *a while* could mean for a being like her. Still, he decided to stay away from the subject. "Lady Kaya, if I may ask. What are you doing in a place like this? Is there a reason to guard this place?"
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #205

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's nice here," she replies, "it's quiet, the people are nice, and people aren't as likely to notice me when I go into town, even with the cat ears. I used to hate it here, but now, it's home to me."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Vance decided to bring up the reason for his approach. "I was wondering. Are you capable of making contracts?"
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

27. - Top - End - #207

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaya raises an eyebrow, "all demons and spirits can, though it is rare for a human to know about contracts," she says, "and even fewer ever make them. Personally, I rarely make contracts myself, unless the contractor can prove himself, that is," Her ears twitch then she ducks as a little girl with more pronounced cat ears jumps where she used to be instead slamming into Vance's chest and knocking him over, "Aurora..." Kaya says with an exasperated sigh, "what have I told you about doing that?"

The girl, Aurora, doesn't seem to pay attention, to busy staring at Vance's face, then two, rather large cat ears twitch and she pulls a marker out of nowhere and starts drawing on Vance's face, "AURORA!" Kaya shouts, getting the girl to flinch and jump off Vance as if he were made of hot coals, "Sorry about her, she's a little troublemaker. This is my daughter Aurora."

"Aura," she says, puffing out her cheek in a pout. Getting Kaya to grow a tic mark on her forehead.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Vance stares with curiosity at small and cute nekomata. They... can have children... weird Vance decides to keep his thoughs to himself. Vance then rubs a sleeve on his head to erase whatever was drawn on his face. "But what kind of proof would you need to make a contract? Just out of curiosity." He asks.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

29. - Top - End - #209

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, that depends on the Contract," Kaya says as she walks over to Aurora, "but usually it's a measure of ability, how well you do in combat, how good a talker you are, how good you are in bed, that sort of thing," she says nonchalantly, getting a squeak out of Aurora at the last one, her face now a very bright shade of red, "Mama!" she cries, getting Kaya to laugh, "I don't believe I got your name," she says as she offers a hand, which he now sees is actually clawed, though they're only slightly so.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

"I am.... Vance Decken." He decides to get up by himself feeling a little awkward after hearing the third option. He wasnt sure if he could actually try to fight a being like her. He wondered if he was a good enough talker but proving that sounded like the best option. "Well, what would you want in exchange if hipothetically we made a contract? And what would I get?"
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores: