Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anime Remix IC

1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Anime Remix IC

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yea, that's what they teach here, something about the flow of life energy and using it to enhance your physical abilities. They're very picky about the people they teach," he says, "I'm Jace by the way," the kid says, grinning as he offers a hand.

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shou Shou tilts his head, "demons aren't evil. Humans use the term Demon only for Infernals, but Demon is also used to describe angels, archons, nymphs, pixies, pheonixes, dragons, etc. Infernals are not really evil like humans seem to depict them, they're more like the way they depict fairies, tricksters. And Celestials, like angels, are not actually the good guys, they're like lawyers, priests, and police. Somehow the depictions of them slanted and made demons out as bloodthirsty murderers and con artists and angels as saviors and envoys of light."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-09-26 at 09:41 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

"Lets assume for a second that you are telling is the complete truth. What kind of benefit would I get for making one such contract with a demon and what would they want from me?" Vance questions the Shou Shou.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2012-09-27 at 06:40 PM.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

3. - Top - End - #153

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Varies, a lot. That's why they're called contracts, you work it out with the individual," Shou Shou says, "it's very similar to making a deal with a human where each offers a service or good to the other and make a trade with it. One thing that is relatively constant is the demon or spirit tends to stick around even after the contract is finished if they like you. Most deals tend to favor the human or are equally beneficial to both sides."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

"I see, well going back to the subject of you what are you capable of?"Vance decided to go back to the main subject. He would look for these possible contractors if the possibility arised.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

"uuu...", Lyn slowly pushes herself off of the hard concrete floor. Near her lay a box of pizza and the scroll scattered on the floor. She gives herself a moment to adjust and bends her arm above her head, preforming a morning stretch. Spotting Hisoka on the floor, she picks up the nearby scroll then quietly sneaks up to Hisoka and gives a loud clap, "Oi, wake up. We're not done." Lyn takes a cross legged seat nearby leaning on some packing foam, "I'll keep looking over the magic teaching scroll, you keep studying the magical gloves." She opens the scroll up and starts looking it over again, letting out a extended yawn.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Odin had to blink a few more times before taking the offered hand.

"D...Donovan O'Sullivan," he said. He didn't know the kid well enough to be called Odin yet. "Life energy, you say?"

He looked back at the trashed dummy. "How can you tell if you can, uh, do...that?" he asked, pointing back at the wreckage again.

What the hell was going on? This kid could do something like that? Why didn't people know about this?

Above all other questions, Odin knew one thing: he wanted to do that.

7. - Top - End - #157

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't know, you'd have to talk to sensei about that, like I said, they're picky. It's why they give out free lessons to potential students," Jace says, "he'll be back in a little while, he's making his lunch," that is an odd statement considering it's only 9AM.

(Will add the others later)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158

Daemon

Odin checked his phone's clock. Lunch. 9 AM. Right.

"Well, it looks like we have some time," he said, sitting down on the floor. This was a lot to take in. "Who's your sensei?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "Oi, wake up. We're not done." Lyn takes a cross legged seat nearby leaning on some packing foam, "I'll keep looking over the magic teaching scroll, you keep studying the magical gloves." She opens the scroll up and starts looking it over again, letting out a extended yawn.
    "Huh, what?" Hisoka sits up and lets out a yawn. He blinks his eyes a few times and tries to turn his head. "Ah, ow!" He slept on his neck wrong.

He feels awful, but he can't say no to examining magical items. He picks up his sword and ignores the gloves.
    Last edited by CatClovis; 2012-09-27 at 06:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    You continue reading the scroll, which continues to describe several ritual components and how they shape magic. It also describes something else, quintessence, which is explained as "physical" magic. It is often used as a battery for rituals to empower them and make them easier. Eventually, through exposure and study of it, you can actually manifest and shape quintessence simply by channeling it through your body in order to form spells.

Hisoka
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking all the pieces of the sword from the sheath, you find that their are ten total, the one connected to the hilt being the most substancial. The shards don't seem to fit together, almost as if they were warped. The runes on the broken shards are not gold like the base of the blade, and are faded. Much harder to make out than the others.

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Everyone calls him Aoi-Sensei because his hair is blue," Jace says with a chuckle, "I'll go get him if you want, he's never really that busy."

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Me?" Shou Shou tilts his head, "I can heal people and make illusions, like that smell I used to get you out of your borderline hysteria, sorry about that by the way, it was the only thing I could think of," he says, "Um, I can also form contracts, which you already know."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

Daemon

"Yeah, that'd be great." Odin couldn't help but flex his hand. Who cared about magic if you could punch like that?

But blue hair? First lunch at 9, then this...but if the guy could even possibly teach him how to become strong...

He knew he was in shape. He had good legs and great reflexes, but he couldn't do anything like fight. It brought Jade Izanami to mind. She could fight, and really well at that, especially for a girl. If he got to the point that he could beat someone her...

Odin flexed his hand again, bringing it up close to his chest. He wanted to be stronger.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

"I got another concern. Its really important that you give all the details. What are the limits of our contract? Are there any boundaries or restrictions on this pact we have?" Vance stares up while he brings this point from his memory of last night.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2012-09-27 at 08:15 PM.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn gives herself a small break and glaces up at Hisoka. Noticing the gloves aren't being used she moves over and picks them up. Once she back at her foamy retreat she takes the mirror and puts it on the ground and lays the gloves over the top of it. She continues onward reading the scroll and studying it; using the glove as a teaching aid.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

Hisoka tries to stay awake as he slowly and carefully looks at each individual shard of the sword. The shards are strange; he wonders if each could have come from a different sword. However, the writing on the the broken pieces seems to match with the writing at the hilt, even if the color is faded. He copies down the runes and focuses his attention to the crest on the hilt.

15. - Top - End - #165

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    You spot some symbols on the glove that are similar to ones in the scroll, but they're modified. You haven't gotten that far in the scroll, but they look similar to the conversion seal for minor transformative magics.

Hisoka
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sword pieces actually look like they've started to reshape, rounding out some of the previously jagged edges and realigning themselves together. They still don't look like they fit together, but you can see where they go now.

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not sure, I've only made a few contracts before, and most were simple stuff," Shou Shou says, "I think that all that this contract really entails is that you can summon me to help you whenever you need it."

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Wait here," Jace says before running into the back room, "Sensei, someone here for the free lesson!" he calls out, rather loudly. You hear some muttering, then footsteps heading back. Jace comes out with someone else, who looks only a few years older than you.

(this without the cape)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

Daemon

Odin had started flipping a coin as soon as Jace started moving. He was curious, anxious, excited. Flipping a quarter was one of the few things that could keep him calm.

Then he came in.

Odin felt his eyebrows raise. He missed the quarter after a flip, or rather he simply forgot to catch it. The coin tinkled as it bounced on the floor.

It took him a moment, then he leaned off the wall and walked forward, his confusion painted on his face. "Um. Hello," he said, holding out a hand. "You're the sensei here?"

17. - Top - End - #167

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Indeed," he says, "call me Kon," he says, "don't ask about my age, I'm actually a lot older than I look," he doesn't offer you a hand, but sizes you up a bit, "Hm, you don't seem to have much combat training, but you have a good base for a speed-based style of combat. Probably not a precise style, more of multiple hits in quick succession," he's walking around you like those sensei in movies, "you have a surprisingly large amount of Chi energy... you'd do well here," he states plainly.

"Jace, your training session will continue this afternoon, I'd like a chance to see what this one can do." he says, getting Jace to nod and leave, waving goodbye. He must not live far from here. "Now, what skills do you have that you think would be useful in learning martial arts."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Holding the scroll at a different angle, lyn squints at it then at the glove. Nah defiantly wasn't exactly the same. She flipped the glove, looking into the innards of it looking for any hidden symbols with the help of the mirror.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-09-28 at 04:46 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

"Uff...." Vance said as he moved his hand as if it was taking off sweat from his forehead. "Well, I suppose veerything is fine then. Can I, you know, summon you out too? " Vance decided to stop his interrogation with this last question.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

20. - Top - End - #170

Daemon

Odin let his hand drop as "Kon" spoke to him. Chi energy? What on earth was this guy talking about? Still, he'd seen that light the other day, and while he'd been trying to keep it out of his mind this morning, he knew that he couldn't exactly explain what had happened. He certainly couldn't explain the trashed dummy by the wall, which he found that he couldn't stop stealing glances at.

"I..." he began to say, but paused. What skills did he have? "I like to run around construction sites, you know, gotta have a little risk, right? I've tried out some parkour, too. Uh...I've got good reflexes," he lamely finished.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

Hisoka looked at the sword again, the pieces now looked like they belonged to the same sword. However, it was still not clear how exactly fit together. He began arranging them by how they seemed to fit together.

22. - Top - End - #172

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The inside of the glove, surprisingly, is completely covered in silver markings similar to the black ones on the surface. These ones are more familiar than the ones on the outside and the mirror shows little pinpoints of light travelling through them. You'll need to turn the glove inside out to get a better look.

Hisoka
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pieces arrange into a very long bladed broadsword, it's longer than you are tall. Only the base of the blade seems to fit completely with the pieces aranged next to it. The rest are a little off, but obviously arranged correctly.

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shou Shou looks confused for a second, then you literally see a lightbulb appear above his head, "oh, you mean unsummoning, yes, though I can also come and go on my own every now and then."

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That explains the speed-based build," he mutters, "I've never taught a parkour artist before, but it's a good basis. Parkour, in and of itself, is considered a lesser martial art. Just needs a little adaptation..." he starts making calculations, then seems to settle on something, "I think I can teach you. Aoi will be here in an hour, he's better with the metaphysical stuff, until then, we'll see how well you can fight."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

"OK. Thank you very much for your time...."Vance stops for a second to remember the name. "...Oh! Right, Shou Shou. Well, I am going to look for the others. Once again, thank you" He replies sincerily before unlocking his door and go and call his friends´homes.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Pressing her lips together, Lyn puts the glove down and starts reading the scroll again. Part way through she flips the glove inside out and rests it back on the glass, using it once again as a teaching aid. Yet another thing she didn't totally understand, she continues to read through the scroll in order till she gets a better understanding of the forces at work here.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-09-29 at 12:05 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Daemon

"Oh! Cool," Odin replied, then paused. "Wait, you said fight? As in, like, right now?" He hadn't even learned anything yet! He was gonna get demolished. A part of him told him that this fruit should be a piece of cake, even for him, but he'd taught Jace, and Jace was a little kid who could hit things across rooms.

26. - Top - End - #176

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, I want to test your skill and evaluate what needs to be worked on. I won't use all of my skill when fighting, I never do, but I will use enough where it would be a challenge for you to be able to beat me."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177

Daemon

Odin gave a nervous grin. "Alright, then."

Then he threw a punch, his legs snapping tight into a stance in an instant. Kon never said when they had to start, after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno if you wanted to have us roll for initiative, but this is what Odin would do, and Kon is testing him.

Rolling attack. (1d20+4)[12]

I think it's a +4, at least. My attack bonus is 2, but my melee attack is 4, and I'm not sure how the points worked for all that.

Whatever the case, a ****ty roll.
    Last edited by Astro_sol; 2012-09-29 at 12:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shou Shou nods then disappears, fading from sight. You can't reach anyone of them at their homes, they were already out and about apparently.

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The inside does have a seal you recognize, a conversion seal that turns magic into kinetic energy to amplify existing kinetic energy. But that's only one part among many. (Make an Int, Wis, and Luck check to see if you figure out exactly what it does)

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kon dodges to the side, "you're not hesitant to throw the first punch," he slams a kick into Odin's side (1 Bruise) then says, "good," and proceeds to jump back. His hands haven't left his pockets since he first arrived in the fight, "you may want to remove any valuable items before we continue though, they might get broken."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

Daemon

Odin coughed at the kick to the side. Dammit, and he doesn't even look like he's trying!

"Right," he said, emptying his pockets and whipping off his jacket in a quick motion. "Time to switch things up, then." With that, he whipped another fist up at Kon's face, but pulled back at the last moment, using the motion to begin a twist into a kick. C'mon, fall for this one, at least.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to ditch his jacket and belongings. Standard action to Acrobatic Bluff.

Acrobatics Roll: (1d20+12)[31]

30. - Top - End - #180

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kon raises an eyebrow at the straightforward approach but smirks when you shift to a kick, even as he holds out a hand and stops the kick. That's when you notice his hands are actually clawed, or that his nails are at least sharpened down to points, "On someone even a little less experienced that would have worked," he says, "you're a surprisingly good fighter for the way you described your skill," he slips his hand back into his pocket.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show