New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anime Remix IC

1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Anime Remix IC

"Dweomer Sensors are actually fairly common, that ones just more ornate then most. The sword has a minor enchantment on it, I'd guess it grows with the wielder once it properly binds with a person. Which I believe it has already done with you," he indicates to Hisoka. (Gains a rank 1 Device with Strike 3, Mighty, Improved Critical 1. It will increase in rank as you use it and gain more power)

"Unfortunately I am not a mage, however, I am rather talented with artifice, magic construction. I'm actually immune to most forms of magic and cannot practice it myself even if I had the talent for it," he points to his eyes, "dichromia is generally a sign of magical resilience as well as negation. As far as I know, there is no true mage in Inaba. You'd have to go to Kyoto to find one, but, I do have something," he goes off into his workshop out of sight, then returns with a simple looking scrollcase, "this has the basics for magecraft, starting with rituals then how to speed up the process. I have no use for it, I learned what I could from it." (Quickness 2 on Designing Rituals, innate. You'll be able to trade this later when you get actual magic if you want.)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Odin gave everyone a quick glance. Hisoka had a magic sword? Lyn had a magic mirror?

He forced a grin onto his face and clapped a hand on Vance's back. "Well, at least we're still normal. C'mon, let's get you home. I've had enough of...magic for one day."

He still couldn't fully believe what happened. He needed to think over this. A lot.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Vance smiled and talked trying to reassure himself. "Yes, completely normal... Well, then just be careful. " He then said good gye before leaving with Odin.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn takes a heavy breath and gives herself a couple seconds to calm down while the others are leaving. Once Odin and Vance are out of view. "So the rumors of you being an artificer were true.. Does Jessica know?" Lyn quickly shakes her head, her last statement derailing the most important question. "Can I stay here for a while? I wanna become an artificer too. Please! I can do stuff. I could help you out around the scrap yard or maybe do something else you need help with."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

Hisoka is speechless. For once, he can't think of anything smart ass to say. Minor enchantment, mages, magic detectors, it's all too much for him to process at once. He stands there, mouth agape, staring first at Ash, then at the sword he found, then to Lyn and the mirror.
    "Vindication!", he's not sure if he said that aloud or not; he doesn't care. One hour in a scrapyard and he has found more direct evidence of the supernatural than he has in years of searching town.
    He needs to sit down, no, stand up.
    He looks around, Vance and Odin are gone. How long had he been standing there like an idiot?
    Last edited by CatClovis; 2012-09-23 at 11:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126

Ash holds up a finger to Lyn before turning to Hisoka, "about fifteen minutes," then he turns back to Lyn, "well, technically you're not allowed to have a part time job, schools are pretty strict about that, esspecially the higher level ones," he says, "but there's nothing about apprenticeships. Also, Jess is not a mage, but she's the techie equivalent. Other than that and what you likely already know I can't tell you much about her."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127

Daemon

As they walked down the road, Odin kept his hands in his pockets.

What the hell was going on? Lyn could learn magic? Apparently Hisoka could do something too, with the sword that he himself had bought. He didn't mind, but...he didn't know how to feel. At least there was a growing kinship with Vance. But still...when he'd been yelling...

"I never did ask you. What were you yelling about? Something about having a ghost inside you?"

So weird. But he was probably just scared of the magic. Nothing to worry about, right? Still, with the night going as it was, he couldn't just let it slide.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Vance remained the silent for a couple of minutes. He couldnt believe he had decided to bring up the subject of the ghost. "Well, being honest with you. I didnt believe in ghosts until today. I saw a ghost and got really scared when it passed through me. I guess I just didnt know how to react." Vance scratches behind his head and smiles at Odin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+11)[19]
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Confused about his statement to Hisoka, Lyn kept quite a couple seconds to try to figure it out before continuing her own conversation with the guy. "Right not a part time job, more like a apprenticeship... " Lyn starts moving towards his middle shop. The one were she saw him crafting the weird looking samurai armor, "So do I like need to say magical words or something."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-09-23 at 07:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Daemon

Odin nodded. "Yeah, I can imagine that'd be pretty scary. Good thing you're ok." He clapped his hand on Vance's back, lightly enough for a friendly pat. "You're all right." He walked his friend the rest of the way home in silent contemplation. He couldn't help but worry; would he lose friends over this?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Hisoka snapped back into attention upon hearing Ash, who went back to talking to Lyn. He motioned to get Lyn's attention and pointed to the door. "Thank you for letting us look around.", he said to the scrapyard owner. He walked out the door and waited outside for Lyn to catch up.

12. - Top - End - #132

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once Hisoka is out of range, Ash speaks up, "he was wondering how long he'd been staring into space like an idiot," he says, "before you ask, I'm not psychic, just very good at reading people."

Everyone Else
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let you RP until you go to bed or something comes up.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astro_sol View Post
    Odin nodded. "Yeah, I can imagine that'd be pretty scary. Good thing you're ok." He clapped his hand on Vance's back, lightly enough for a friendly pat. "You're all right." He walked his friend the rest of the way home in silent contemplation. He couldn't help but worry; would he lose friends over this?
    Vance decided to remain silent for the rest of the walk to his house to avoid ruining such a relaxing time between the two. Odin´s comments have cheered him up, especially after the strange events that took place just earlier.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

"I was about to ask...", lyn grabs for a couple tools. "So how do I do this?"

15. - Top - End - #135

"Read the scroll, it'll give you the basics on magic, you need to know about it before we can go any farther. You need to know how magic acts before you can bind it to an object," he holds up a glove with what looks like circuitry in ink on it, "see if you can figure this one out with only what's in that scroll. You can keep it if you figure it out. Once you do, come back here and I'll give you your next lesson. I'll also see about getting a mage to teach you some actual magic rather than just artifice."

Spoiler
    Show
    Device rank 1. You'll need to figure out its powers yourself.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn takes the glove and spins it around in her hands thoroughly looking it over, ".. I think I might of asked for too much, I have a feeling your doing me a really big favor here." She grasps the gloves in both of her hands holding it to her chest then gives a quick bow, "Thanks! I'll be back soon!" And with that she heads out to meet with Hisoka.

"Didn't mean to keep you waiting, I'll walk you home alright."

17. - Top - End - #137

"Don't worry, that's the prototype for my current one, it's a useful item and will be the center of a few things I'll teach ya," Ash says to Lyn before she leaves, "say hi to Jess for me."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh thanks. Sorry I was a little out of it back there. I mean, magic! I'd always hoped, but I never thought I would find anything like this. Anyway, did Ash say anything important about what we found?"
    His head was still spinning from the thrill of discovery, but Hisoka had calmed down a little bit while waiting outside in the fresh air. He felt embarrassed; he acted like a total idiot and missed Ash's explanations. The fact that Ash could keep Lyn's attention and respect for an entire conversation was a sign that he knew what he was talking about.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, who would of thought! Well maybe you did..I'm just our first experience was so pleasant. I mean with this stuff someone could create a lot of real havoc, thanks to Jessica it was Mr. Ash that introduced us to this little hidden world instead of something horrible."

Lyn stops for a moment putting the gloves under her left armpit. She pulls out a phone, it's light illuminating the area around them. "Give me your number, Ash said some stuff and gave me these gloves here to help us learn about magic. I'll call you tomorrow for we can work on this homework." A grin crosses her face as the last word passes from her lips, she never thought 'homework' is something she would look forward too.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-09-25 at 05:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yeah sure"
    Hisoka gives Lyn his number.
    "Do you really want to wait for tomorrow? My mom is going to be pissed either way and I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

"Um.. Well since it doesn't matter. Sure, why wait till tomorrow. Let me call my folks, I'll say I was having fun with Odin and decided to spend the night or something."

"Lets grab some supper and head over to the warehouse."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-09-25 at 06:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh wow, she said yes; I'm dead. Dead. I already skipped baseball practice, I can't get away with two things in one day."

Aloud, Hisoka said with a small hint of hesitation,"Uh, great, I guess.. Um, so you said warehouse?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

"Yep it's pretty close to our old hang outs, It's hard to spot so pay attention for you don't get lost next time. I'll call my folks then I'll show ya the way." Lyn keeps walking while she dials home,

"Yeah, hey mom it's me...I'm over at Odin's, I kinda lost track of time... Me and him were having a lot of fun. So he invited me to stay over and so was just calling to tell you whats going on........I'll see ya later"."

Lyn hangs up and dials another number, Leaving a message if he doesn't answer. "Hey Odin! I'm going to be out late tonight, if my folks call cover for me alright."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-09-25 at 07:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    "Hey Odin! I'm going to be out late tonight, if my folks call cover for me alright."
    Odin picked up the phone and was silent for several seconds after Lyn finished speaking.

"Right."

He wasn't really listening. He didn't even know how he sounded. This afternoon had just had so much happen, and he wasn't sure what to think anymore.

After taking Vance home, he ambled back to his apartment, his hands in his pockets. When he reached his room, he moved the door open with his body, simply walking through it. He couldn't seem to bring his eyes up. He wandered into bed and flopped down, not bothering to put on the covers. He stared unblinking up at the ceiling.

25. - Top - End - #145

The night passes quietly, and far to quickly for Lyn and Hisoka.

Lyn and Hisoka read through the scroll given to them, and after some comparing of notes, both manage to get the basics. Then they move onto the glove, which is far more complex than it originally appears. There are several markings inside and outside the glove, and even some in the weaving itself. The cloth itself is odd, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is. The only thing they've really found out so far is that the black ink on the fingers has iron in it.

Vance, on the other hand has to deal with a little ghost who appears periodically and explores his room. The little guy also seems rather talkative and curious about Vance himself.

Compared to the others, Odin's night is uneventful, though his parents do say they got a coupon for a free lesson at a dojo near his school that he's never heard of.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

Daemon

Odin woke up that morning as he did every morning: eyes open, panic, look at the clock, forgot to set the alarm, still woke up an hour before he needs to. He got out of bed, showered, and brushed his teeth, as he liked having mint in his mouth when he ate breakfast. He strolled into the kitchen, his eyes still half lidded.

FREE LESSON...DOJO...

His eyes only picked up a few words on the card taped to the fridge, but it was all he needed. Odin never had to worry about money, but free things were in their own category of awesome. The card had a small note taped next to it. Something from mum. Maybe it'd be fun. Maybe it'd stop him from running around in construction areas and scrapyards.

He smirked as he slipped the card into his underwear; he only dressed after eating. Maybe today would be interesting.

He finished his meal quickly and threw on his regular outfit: a white undershirt, black jacket and pants, with grey shoes. He strolled out the door and without thinking to call Lyn or Hisoka; in fact, he only sent a text to his mom telling her where he was going before he strolled out the door, headed for the dojo.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Vance makes sure to lock his door before trying to talk with the ghost. He the started to follow the ghost around while trying to ask his concerns "Ghost...I need to ask you a few things about this thing that happened earlier. Waht do you mean by a deal?"
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

28. - Top - End - #148

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ehehe," it says, visibly sweatdropping like he was in some anime, "it's a little hard to explain, I don't entirely understand the process myself. What i do know is spirits can form a Bond with a human by forming a contract. The details determine what happens, in our case, you can summon me whenever you want and I can stay in your soul to recuperate and protect myself," Shou Shou continues, "um, I know demons can make contracts too, but they call them pacts. Oh! And you can make multiple contracts!"

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You arrive at the Dojo to find it mostly empty, then you see the schedule, the next class starts in an hour. Only one person is in the room, and he looks like he's half your age. He's punching and kicking a practice dummy and it's surprising how quick he is. He then pulls back and throws a palm strike... causing the dummy to fly across the room and almost hit you.

He looks over and his eyes go wide, "Sorry! Didn't see ya there!" he says, jogging over. He rubs the back of his head as he approaches, "was trying to get that down for a while and I got a little carried away," he says nervously.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-09-26 at 08:57 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Daemon

Odin blinked as the dummy flew next to his head. He could feel his hair whip from the backlash. He turned to look at the trashed dummy, then back at the kid.

First magic, now there are kids punching **** across the room.

His brain decided to reboot.

He pointed at the dummy, quickly glancing back at it before settling his eyes on the kid. "You just punched a dummy across the room."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

"Demons! And making a pact.... Arent those things like evil....?" Vance was eager to ask what could the ghost do for him but first he needed to clear his doubts in order.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores: