Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anime Remix IC

1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Anime Remix IC

Hisoka
    Spoiler
    Show
    It takes roughly an hour before the loading is complete, how that much stuff fit in one van was beyond anyone, but after that, everyone is given a few minutes to rest before they head out, about another hour before they get going.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

Now that the van was loaded, the courtyard became considerably more calm. Dr. Tesla had stopped shouting orders and was sitting on a bench on the other side of the courtyard. Walking towards him, Hisoka pulled out the paper he copied the sword's writing on and hesitated a little before saying,"Excuse, Dr Tesla, my name is Ishida Hisoka, and I recently found something I think you can help me with."

3. - Top - End - #243

Hisoka
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tesla is looking at a map when you approach, a map of Inaba, to be precise. Two locations are circled, the Scrapyard and an area outside the city (random OOC notice check results).

"Hm?" He looks up, he looks a little annoyed, then he hears your intro, "you're not one of my students then? And you still helped?" he seems a little surprised at that, then sighs, "let me take a look, then. Consider it a trade for your help."

Hisoka gets the feeling that he takes repaying people very seriously, and that's the only reason he's offering.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-10-27 at 10:12 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

"Thank you. I was wandering around in the scrapyard and I found this broken sword that had this writing on it" He hesitated for a second, not sure if he should continue, and said, "And, I also found a mirror, and the reflection of the sword did some really strange things. I was hoping you could translate the writing or help me find out where the sword came from."

5. - Top - End - #245

Hisoka
    Spoiler
    Show
    He pauses in taking the paper, "... you were in the Scrapyard?" he asks, honestly curious, "How was Ash? I heard he owns the place now," he takes the sheet and takes a look, and raises an eyebrow, "it's a poem, a rather macabre one too..." he says, then quickly writes down the translation and hands it back, "I'll be in Inaba tomorrow, you'll be able to find me outside the town if you need anything else."

Poem: The Grave Where I Used to Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beyond the grave where lost souls play
    Lies a secret that's kept hidden away

Into the dark they drag me in
    Put me to sleep and pierce my skin

Break my bones and tear out my heart
    Lock it up and tear me apart

Drinking my blood until my veins run dry
    and feeding on the tears that I cry

Shrivelled and whithered I passed away
    Killed near the grave where I used to play...
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

Hisoka thanks Dr. Tesla, but before he can ask anymore questions, the professor starts ordering for people to gather around the van. Encouraged now that the sword was translated, Hisoka walks to the university library. "The scrapyard was circled on his map and he knew Ash; Dr. Tesla has probably been to the scrapyard before. If he's written anything on the subject, it's going to be in the library here.".
    Hisoka arrives at the library and begins looking for anything that could be related to either the sword, the scrapyard, or the poem.

7. - Top - End - #247

Hisoka
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't find anything, there isn't even anything on Inaba except a passing reference in a book about Kyoto. The lack of stuff, however, is not reflected in the computer lookup, which says there are two such books. Both checked out by a Dr. Slate months ago and never returned.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248

NOTE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will say this now because of a combination of my own annoyance and Astro mentioning himself. CatClovis, I am afraid I am going to have to take you out of the game unless you can post more often. As it is, I am moving onto Lyn's storyline. As of right now though, I'll post for Cat whenever he posts, but focus on Lyn's storyline for now.

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking through the scroll a little, you find the basics for the seals, it enhances the kinetic energy used by the wearer, for that hand only. It's able to enhance the power of thrown weapons as well.

(Strike 3, Mighty, AP Enhanced Feats Throwing Mastery 4)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking through the scroll a little, you find the basics for the seals, it enhances the kinetic energy used by the wearer, for that hand only. It's able to enhance the power of thrown weapons as well.

(Strike 3, Mighty, AP Enhanced Feats Throwing Mastery 4)
    After much brow frowning it all finally clicks for lyn, "Got it!" She says with a great deal of enthusiasm. She gives Hisoka's working area a glance but notices hes' gone. She gives a half hearted shrug and decides to try out her new toy. She slips on the glove, it's wide finger holes obviously not designed for her, and grabs a nearby piece of wielding scrap and throws it at a pile of refuse.

10. - Top - End - #250

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The thin strip of metal pierces a large paint can, with paint still in it. Then it sticks into the stone wall behind it, though only just. You know there's more to it, but the other functions are hidden behind other seals.

(Glove is discovered to be a 2 rank Device)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The thin strip of metal pierces a large paint can, with paint still in it. Then it sticks into the stone wall behind it, though only just. You know there's more to it, but the other functions are hidden behind other seals.

(Glove is discovered to be a 2 rank Device)
    "SweeeT", Lyn snatches up the mirror and a couple nearby concrete rocks. In a quickened pace she starts making her way back to the junkyard, amusingly tossing them with her power glove as she goes.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-11 at 08:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Lyn steps outside it's a lot darker than she thought it'd be, considering it's noon. She looks up, and there's a murder of crows flying overhead, among them is one with three red eyes, which is staring her down, and is the only one not flying. It caws and the rest of the crows disperse, leaving only the one looking down at her, "Wyda," it caws then flies off.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-11-11 at 08:43 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Lyn steps outside it's a lot darker than she thought it'd be, considering it's noon. She looks up, and there's a murder of crows flying overhead, among them is one with three red eyes, which is staring her down, and is the only one not flying. It caws and the rest of the crows disperse, leaving only the one looking down at her, "Wyda," it caws then flies off.
    That's not normal, an obvious thought if there ever was one. She takes the mirror and tucks it in between her pants and back then firmly holds some of the rocks she was throwing earlier. She gives a quick glance around checking for other people. Continuing on her way to the junkyard she jokily talks to the crow to ease her nerves, "Hello three-eyed demon crow."

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on my Knowledge (Arcane) for information about the creature.

14. - Top - End - #254

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you head towards the Scrapyard, you pass an alley and something reaches out, covers her mouth, and drags her in before shushing her. Moments later, a man with tattoos, some of which resemble runes from her scroll, runs past the alley, the one holding her lets her go after that, "you need to be careful, artificer," it says in a rough voice, obviously male now. She can see an outline, "be glad my flock found you first, and not the Order."

Spoiler
    Show
    You recognized the crow as a Demon Beast, an animal that has lived long enough to gain a form of enlightenment. They are often much stronger, physically and magically, then they're mundane counterparts.

It was mentioned briefly in the scroll when talking about familiars
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    As you head towards the Scrapyard, you pass an alley and something reaches out, covers her mouth, and drags her in before shushing her. Moments later, a man with tattoos, some of which resemble runes from her scroll, runs past the alley, the one holding her lets her go after that, "you need to be careful, artificer," it says in a rough voice, obviously male now. She can see an outline, "be glad my flock found you first, and not the Order."
    She struggled to get free until he released her, she falls forward a bit when he does at least till she catches herself and turns around to face him. "What the hell man, you don't do that to people." She picks her dangling her headphones up and puts them on her shoulders then looks at the guy squarely, "Your in charge of the Demon Beast, huh. What you talking about, order? If they got something against artificers they can take it up with me, I'll just smack them down." She declares triumphly.

16. - Top - End - #256

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't think you'd be able to take him at your current level, even with the Yata no Kagami," he says, stepping forward enough to be seen, if it weren't for his hair being black feathers and the yellow eyes, he'd look completely normal. The three eyed crow is perched in his shoulder, though the third eye is closed, "be careful, if the order gets even one piece of the Regalia the world as we know it will be... rewritten," another crow breaks from the shadows, landing on Lyn's shoulder, it's wing tips are dark red, but otherwise looks normal, "I will take my leave here, young artificer," with that, he turns into the alley and disappears. He doesn't even comment about the demon crow currently taking up residence on Lyn's shoulder.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't think you'd be able to take him at your current level, even with the Yata no Kagami," he says, stepping forward enough to be seen, if it weren't for his hair being black feathers and the yellow eyes, he'd look completely normal. The three eyed crow is perched in his shoulder, though the third eye is closed, "be careful, if the order gets even one piece of the Regalia the world as we know it will be... rewritten," another crow breaks from the shadows, landing on Lyn's shoulder, it's wing tips are dark red, but otherwise looks normal, "I will take my leave here, young artificer," with that, he turns into the alley and disappears. He doesn't even comment about the demon crow currently taking up residence on Lyn's shoulder.
    "Um, Weird." Lyn starts walking back out of the ally towards the scrapyard. Turning to look up at the crow on her shoulder, "If you crap on me. Oh you don't even want to know." Man that guy looked awesome.

18. - Top - End - #258

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Kyaha," it caws, looking around and keeping alert.

It takes off and flies overhead, staying visible to Lyn as she goes. No one shows up until she's at the Scrapyard, where she sees Asherati talking with the feather-headed man from earlier, it looks like they're arguing about something.

"Kyaha!" the crow caws again, getting the feathered man to look over.

"Speak of the devil," he mutters, "we'll talk later, Asherati, just remember what I said."

Once the man is gone, Ash sighs loudly.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Kyaha," it caws, looking around and keeping alert.

It takes off and flies overhead, staying visible to Lyn as she goes. No one shows up until she's at the Scrapyard, where she sees Asherati talking with the feather-headed man from earlier, it looks like they're arguing about something.

"Kyaha!" the crow caws again, getting the feathered man to look over.

"Speak of the devil," he mutters, "we'll talk later, Asherati, just remember what I said."

Once the man is gone, Ash sighs loudly.
    As the crow leaves, she almost feels as if something is missing as if the bird was more company than she realized. Without giving it to much thought.

She continues on over to ash, flexing her glove in an obvious manner. "Figured it out, well some of it." Now standing in front of him, "Hey, that bird guy grabbed me earlier, hid me in an ally or something. Warned me about the order. Should I be worrying about some type of artificer hunt or something?"

20. - Top - End - #260

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's not about artificers," Ash replies, "it's about the Regalia of Susanoo. Seems I sold you one of them," he sighs, "He works for the Alchemist's College in Nara," he levels his gaze where he had disappeared to, "you don't need to worry about it to much, not until you visit one of the colleges anyway."

He shakes his head and then grins, "but you solving that glove in just a day is impressive," he says, "let's see how well you can use that gift, now." he continues, standing and going over to one of the armors you'd seen earlier and placing his own glove, which looks similar to the one he gave you, and the armor shudders to life, animating.

"I made sure it's not too powerful, all you have to do is deal damage to it."

(You get to go first)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's not about artificers," Ash replies, "it's about the Regalia of Susanoo. Seems I sold you one of them," he sighs, "He works for the Alchemist's College in Nara," he levels his gaze where he had disappeared to, "you don't need to worry about it to much, not until you visit one of the colleges anyway."

He shakes his head and then grins, "but you solving that glove in just a day is impressive," he says, "let's see how well you can use that gift, now." he continues, standing and going over to one of the armors you'd seen earlier and placing his own glove, which looks similar to the one he gave you, and the armor shudders to life, animating.

"I made sure it's not too powerful, all you have to do is deal damage to it."

(You get to go first)
    "Right, Regalia of Susanoo. He mentioned that.." An escaping grin crosses lyn's lips when he complements her on her quick work but it doesn't last long. Really she was expecting more of a conversation but it gets cut short.

As the armor shutters to life her grin turns wicked, "Lets see what it gots!" She tightens her grip on the malleable stones in her hand, they flake, chip and crack releasing small fine grains of dust from her viselike palm. With an overhead throw she pelts the rock hard as she can at the animated armor then rolls away making a quick retreat away from the metalized beast.

Spoiler
    Show

Ranged attack: +2 to hit, +4 damage bonus on thrown objects
    (1d20+2)[22]

22. - Top - End - #262

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    A hole cleanly pierces through the armor, but little more is done, seems strong attacks don't actually do much damage, "you need something more significant than that, power isn't always the best option, Lyn."

The construct shudders and takes a defensive stance.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-11-12 at 12:50 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    A hole cleanly pierces through the armor, but little more is done, seems strong attacks don't actually do much damage, "you need something more significant than that, power isn't always the best option, Lyn."

The construct shudders and takes a defensive stance.
    "Not enough damage for ya to count it huh?", She says with a fiery challenging contempt. "How about this one!" She visibility drops her crumbled and long held stones and dusts her hands off. Then starts a reckless charge head first at the defending armor; fist forward as if shes going to sock him good. Instead half way through the motion a rough stone drops out of her sleeve and she tosses it at him at the last moment. The stone simply bounces off as it was thrown with no real effort as she tries to slide past it's defenses.

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff check to use distract on him
    (1d20+10)[21]
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-12 at 01:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The armor's breastplate cracks, and its stance loosens, it doesn't collapse, however. A small glow shows through the cracks, showing a small gemstone inside the armor, which the crow that had followed you dives into the armor and yanks out in an instant, and the armor separates and collapses an instant later.

"Oi! I need that ya little thief," Ash shouts chasing after the crow in a rather funny scene of cat and mouse, with the mouse winning, "get your feathered ass back here!" Ash fires a small beam that connects with the gem, holding it in place and causing the crow to tumble out of the air.

"Goddamn," he says, drawing the stone towards him, "should really use a different medium for infusing my golems," he says. Apparently is was the driving force behind the thing. On his way back he grabs a book and tosses it to Lyn, grumbling about crows and their affinity for shiny objects, "that's a little side study for how to get familiars. We'll continue with artifice after I repair this thing."

(PL up by 1 and 5 free power points. There'll be more soon, so don't think I'm gimping you.)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The armor's breastplate cracks, and its stance loosens, it doesn't collapse, however. A small glow shows through the cracks, showing a small gemstone inside the armor, which the crow that had followed you dives into the armor and yanks out in an instant, and the armor separates and collapses an instant later.

"Oi! I need that ya little thief," Ash shouts chasing after the crow in a rather funny scene of cat and mouse, with the mouse winning, "get your feathered ass back here!" Ash fires a small beam that connects with the gem, holding it in place and causing the crow to tumble out of the air.

"Goddamn," he says, drawing the stone towards him, "should really use a different medium for infusing my golems," he says. Apparently is was the driving force behind the thing. On his way back he grabs a book and tosses it to Lyn, grumbling about crows and their affinity for shiny objects, "that's a little side study for how to get familiars. We'll continue with artifice after I repair this thing."

(PL up by 1 and 5 free power points. There'll be more soon, so don't think I'm gimping you.)
    Lyn moves over to the helpful crow and tries to pat it's head if it seems willing. If she succeeds she'll complement it, "Good job."

After which she moves towards ash's shop and finds a wall to sit at, away from his welding. She yells above any would be noise, "Hey ash, I'm just going to study here until your done." She unrolls a piece of bubble gum for the near future, "Tell me more about the Order and the colleges you were talking about earlier." Ploping in the gum; she cracks the book open and starts browsing while she waits for an answer from ash.

As the talk dies down she puts her headphones on and ups to music to drown out any noise. She thumbs back to the start of the book and starts reading while blowing bubbles.

26. - Top - End - #266

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The colleges are simply places of learning for magicians, artificers, and spiritists, the principles of the Colleges are charged with keeping magic from being disrupted, the Order seeks to eradicate magic, with magic. I don't understand them much, but, I know they're more than willing to kill to get rid of magic for good."

(Roll Int, Wis, Luck, and Knowledge (Arcane Lore))
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The colleges are simply places of learning for magicians, artificers, and spiritists, the principles of the Colleges are charged with keeping magic from being disrupted, the Order seeks to eradicate magic, with magic. I don't understand them much, but, I know they're more than willing to kill to get rid of magic for good."

(Roll Int, Wis, Luck, and Knowledge (Arcane Lore))
    Lyn thumbs over another page then looks up at ash's progress, "Did you go to one of these colleges?" She pulls a headphone off one of her ears for his reply can be heard.

While she reads, every once in a while she recognizes a pattern or a simple chant. I guess everything at the magic shop isn't totally worthless. Might as well be, even the shops more hardcore stuff messed up the basics.

Edit: Was lyn able to pat the bird?
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-12 at 07:02 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No, I was apprenticed by someone with a condition similar to my own," Ash replies, "the colleges are biased towards those that actually can use magic, doesn't mean they're descrimative, it's just the curriculum isn't geared towards people unable to use magic."

Lyn finds the ceremony. It's not unlike a ritual, but requires contracting with the demon. It only summons the entity. If a contract is struck, you get the summoned demon as a familiar. It also refers to those that specialize in contracting familiars as Tamers.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No, I was apprenticed by someone with a condition similar to my own," Ash replies, "the colleges are biased towards those that actually can use magic, doesn't mean they're descrimative, it's just the curriculum isn't geared towards people unable to use magic."

Lyn finds the ceremony. It's not unlike a ritual, but requires contracting with the demon. It only summons the entity. If a contract is struck, you get the summoned demon as a familiar. It also refers to those that specialize in contracting familiars as Tamers.
    Lyn closes the book, and lets out a heavy sigh. Studying wasn't exactly her thing, all the reading the past couple days have really taken it's toll on her. She moves over to the crow that is watching her and makes casual conversation while ash works away. "Hey, your a familiar of that crow guy right." Observing the crow as closely as possible without actually moving. "Do you want more power?", she asks earnestly.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-13 at 01:00 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The crow raises its shoulder, not a shrug really, but more a movement of the shoulderblades themselves, "kyaha," it caws, before flitting about, grabbing a pen and some paper before flying back, it then writes, very messily:

can't mak kantarct vithot Blackwing okai

seems he wasn't to good at writing, with all the spelling errors there. You have a feeling Blackwing doesn't refer to the mage.

It then drops the pen and hops back onto Lyn's shoulder.

Ash, on the otherhand, holds up three fingers briefly, "3 hours, you did a number on this thing, I'm going to have to start strengthening the steel on these things, and secure the gems better," he goes from talking to Lyn to talking to himself towards the end.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show