Thread: Anime Remix IC

1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Anime Remix IC

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The crow raises its shoulder, not a shrug really, but more a movement of the shoulderblades themselves, "kyaha," it caws, before flitting about, grabbing a pen and some paper before flying back, it then writes, very messily:

can't mak kantarct vithot Blackwing okai

seems he wasn't to good at writing, with all the spelling errors there. You have a feeling Blackwing doesn't refer to the mage.

It then drops the pen and hops back onto Lyn's shoulder.

Ash, on the otherhand, holds up three fingers briefly, "3 hours, you did a number on this thing, I'm going to have to start strengthening the steel on these things, and secure the gems better," he goes from talking to Lyn to talking to himself towards the end.
    "Alright. Ash. I'm going to head out for a while, see you in three hours.", She yells back while waving farewell. Walking away from the shop she turns to the perched bird, "Were is this Blackwing?" Prepared to head in whatever direction the bird moved towards.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    It shakes its head and remains perched on Lyn's shoulder. It's about this point that people start looking at Lyn, having a crow perched on your shoulder is a good way to be noticed.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    It shakes its head and remains perched on Lyn's shoulder. It's about this point that people start looking at Lyn, having a crow perched on your shoulder is a good way to be noticed.
    Lyn's jaw slightly clinches, normally she'd tell the gawkers to screw off but that just make a bigger scene and with the order looking for the sword that was a very bad idea. With that in mind she ducks off the street and into an ally way. Deeper in she finds a nice place and kicks some trash out of the way for she can stand in a relatively clean spot. Turning to the bird, she speaks with a slightly irritated voice, "Hey whats going on. I want to make you my familiar. Who do I have to talk to get that to happen. Is it blackwing? He's the one your bonded with right. How am I suppose to get this done if I can't meet him." She takes out her phone and holds it out away from her, giving plenty of room for the bird to rest. "Do you know how to use this? Just hit letters. Should be a little easier than using a pencil for you."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-13 at 11:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    It shakes its head again, "kyaha," then it types out:

Blackwing is flock leedr, shadowman's 1 familiar. i'm sun. ned okai from both to mak contrak. Cn't tak yu tu him. he keps scret. He find yu, not othr waa
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    It shakes its head again, "kyaha," then it types out:

Blackwing is flock leedr, shadowman's 1 familiar. i'm sun. ned okai from both to mak contrak. Cn't tak yu tu him. he keps scret. He find yu, not othr waa
    "Alright." Lyn keeps her phone in a comfortable position for the bird, "Do you need to go get them?" She glances around looking for a place to wait it out, but she can't really see a spot she could sit without getting gunk on her. "or should I just wait it out here."

6. - Top - End - #276

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bird actually sighs and shakes its head again, he repeats the 'he will find you' part, then adds:

go abut yur day, I keep I on yu til he shoes up
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bird actually sighs and shakes its head again, he repeats the 'he will find you' part, then adds:

go abut yur day, I keep I on yu til he shoes up
    So he can find me that easy. The link between familiars must be stronger than I thought. She continues wondering through the ally looking for a suitable place to sit down, while doing so she cracks her book and starts glancing through it again. "You do want to get stronger right?", she asks with her nose in the book.

8. - Top - End - #278

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Want frend, not powar
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Want frend, not powar
    Lyn looks at the crow with disapproval, "I need a strong familiar. It's not going to be easy, at times the pain may be unbearable, and you will be in danger. Even a risk of death, but if you can handle that and become stronger. Strong enough to serve me, then I'll be your friend. Don't think for a moment that it's going to be easy, if you don't have the guts you better speak up now.

10. - Top - End - #280

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The crow doesn't look very impressed, it just flies off, out of sight, and doesn't come back. A red tipped feather drops from where he went and shifts to a piece of paper with red writing:

not yur familiar, non wil be.

It then vanishes without a trace, just like the crow did before it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The crow doesn't look very impressed, it just flies off, out of sight, and doesn't come back. A red tipped feather drops from where he went and shifts to a piece of paper with red writing:

not yur familiar, non wil be.

It then vanishes without a trace, just like the crow did before it.
    Lyn lets out a heavy sigh, then folds up the piece of paper with the writing on it and slides it in her pocket. She bites her quivering lip trying to fight off her emotions. Standing there for a while trying to recollect herself, trying to figure out what to do next. Eventually her reservations fail and she starts kicking the trash around in the ally in a fit of mixed emotions.

After her rage, the place is thoroughly trashed and her emotions drained. She picks herself back up and starts heading back towards ash's place.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-14 at 11:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyn feels a gentle warming from the Yata no Kagami, enough to be noticeable, but not uncomfortable.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyn feels a gentle warming from the Yata no Kagami, enough to be noticeable, but not uncomfortable.
    As she notices the sensation she slows down her slow solemn walk towards ashes, pulling out the Yata no Kagami to look over it. Unsure of what was going on. She checks the seals to make sure they weren't damaged in her thrashing.

14. - Top - End - #284

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mirror's surface has brightened slightly, but that's it, really. It's warm to the touch. It dulls back to normal slowly after that.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mirror's surface has brightened slightly, but that's it, really. It's warm to the touch. It dulls back to normal slowly after that.
    Lyn touches and looks into it for a while longer before moving it back to her backside. She hms to herself, giving it a moments thought then continues onwards towards ash. The business with the crow was an utter failure. Her subconscious pushing up a possible calming thought, maybe learning a couple things from ash will brighten my mood.

16. - Top - End - #286

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    She takes some time to reach Ash's place. He;s still working. She can see him welding reinforcements into the armor as well as a steel skeleton rig. The fact he'd done this in two and a half hours is quite impressive.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    She takes some time to reach Ash's place. He;s still working. She can see him welding reinforcements into the armor as well as a steel skeleton rig. The fact he'd done this in two and a half hours is quite impressive.
    Lyn walks up to the open-sided building and knocks on the inward wall before announcing her presence, "I'm back." Continuing on in without breaking stride she returns back to her previous leaning wall and slides down it. Pulling the mirror out she looks it over, "Hey Ash. Do you know any strong familiars that would follow me?" With a dejected look her head turns to face the outside of the shop, "That crow, well as interesting as he seemed we didn't see eye to eye on a couple things. Afraid I hurt it's feelings, and at the same time missed my first chance at a familiar... I guess it's alright though. I mean it's better to find one that suits me than just the first one I see right.

18. - Top - End - #288

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ash shrugs, "I use homunculi, artificial demons, instead of familiars. I can't summon demons," he calls back, stopping his work for a bit and coming over, "but, I would suggest summoning one of these," he opens the book to a certain page, showing a picture of a small creature that looked like a small metal sphere with spider legs and a single glowing eye, "scrap imps, great for artificers and are very customizable. They grow based on their tamer," He pulls a piece of old looking parchment, "the old ritual my mentor used, one time use, but something you could use to summon the imp if you want."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ash shrugs, "I use homunculi, artificial demons, instead of familiars. I can't summon demons," he calls back, stopping his work for a bit and coming over, "but, I would suggest summoning one of these," he opens the book to a certain page, showing a picture of a small creature that looked like a small metal sphere with spider legs and a single glowing eye, "scrap imps, great for artificers and are very customizable. They grow based on their tamer," He pulls a piece of old looking parchment, "the old ritual my mentor used, one time use, but something you could use to summon the imp if you want."
    "A homunculi huh" She pauses to think it over, "Not a bad idea." Looking over the one eyed imp he opened the page to, "Well it looks cool that's for sure, I'll have to think about it some. Last time I jumped in a little too fast and that didn't end well." She carefully places ritual in between the pages he opened to. Then stands up, her outward demeanor changing closer back to her normal self, "Hey do you need any help? My mind kinda blanked this, but if I helped you it could speed things up a bit plus I might learn a thing or two. I don't mind if it's not artificer work. I just want to keep busy right now is all."

20. - Top - End - #290

"I'm almost done," Ash says, "just putting a few finishing touches and assembling it, should take about five minutes," he says, and, true to what he said, he's done only five minutes later. It's surprising how fast he assembled the thing. He opens the breastplate and inserts the gem again, which glows briefly before going dormant, "there we go."

"Now then," he continues, "what do you think of the scrap imp? My mentor's is actually in the yard if you want to meet one. I can also show you my homunculus if you want to meet that one too," it's only now that Lyn notices there's actually an entry on the scrap imp besides the picture, which is little more than a few caption:

Spoiler
    Show
    Caption 1: Scrap imps are known for eating metal, which they absorb into their bodies to enhance their forms over time. They also eat batteries, which they seem to think is a delicacy, it also gives them some control of electricity.

Caption 2: Once a scrap imp is bonded to a tamer, they start to incorporate items into their form, using the metal they absorb to bind them to their form in a permanent manner.

Caption 3: Some scrap imps are exceptionally skilled in making things, and even possess a sort of extradimensional factory within them that can be used to craft or disassemble virtually anything.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm almost done," Ash says, "just putting a few finishing touches and assembling it, should take about five minutes," he says, and, true to what he said, he's done only five minutes later. It's surprising how fast he assembled the thing. He opens the breastplate and inserts the gem again, which glows briefly before going dormant, "there we go."
    Lyn watches as he works impressed at the speed and quality of his work, he's obviously a skilled artisan. Though he's skilled in both the mundane and the supernatural side of the craft she takes real note of the gem that he uses. Curious about it's creation method and implementation. She pushes the thought aside though, she'll learn about it eventually. Confirming his work is finished lyn lets out small Heh, "Heh, Next time I'll have to go easy on it. I wouldn't want to break it too much. One more hit and I could of shattered its quintessence." Suddenly the idea of the gem and quintessence click together, "OH. The gem is quintessence. I imagine it's common enough around here. Is it only formed around here?" Hopefully it's not too rare, I might need a lot of it "Wait if I summoned a demon would it be willing to trade some?"

"Now then," he continues, "what do you think of the scrap imp? My mentor's is actually in the yard if you want to meet one. I can also show you my homunculus if you want to meet that one too,"
    As the subject of a familiar comes up again her heart sinks down a little. She looks directly at him, "I think scrap imps and homunculus are pretty cool. To be honest though Ash, I kind of had my mind set on making that crow my familiar. Just I'm still stuck on it you know, not sure I'm ready to move on till I process it more." She picks up her voice, trying to mask her overt disappointment, "But! It'd be awesome to see your mentor's scrap imp or your homunculus! I mean if that's alright. They are probably pretty important to you, not sure you just want anyone looking at them without serious intentions."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-16 at 02:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Quintessence is... not exactly rare, but it's hard to get if you're not a mage or demon," Ash says, "deals with demons for quintessence are iffy too, you often need to refine it and attune with it before you can use it, which usually requires putting it into a large quartz crystal or a diamond and letting it clear before using it, which can take from several days to several weeks. Only demons I know that deal in pure quintessence are harvesters, but their prices are often high," he finishes off, "until you learn to distill quintessence yourself though, it's probably your best bet unless you meet a spirit. They're pretty much pure quintessence attuned to a psyche that holds it in form, but they're rather hard to come by in Inaba."

He pauses, "why don't you try summoning a demon first, see how well you can do with a contract, then we'll go see Velik and Shard," he offers.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-11-16 at 03:32 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Quintessence is... not exactly rare, but it's hard to get if you're not a mage or demon," Ash says, "deals with demons for quintessence are iffy too, you often need to refine it and attune with it before you can use it, which usually requires putting it into a large quartz crystal or a diamond and letting it clear before using it, which can take from several days to several weeks. Only demons I know that deal in pure quintessence are harvesters, but their prices are often high," he finishes off, "until you learn to distill quintessence yourself though, it's probably your best bet unless you meet a spirit. They're pretty much pure quintessence attuned to a psyche that holds it in form, but they're rather hard to come by in Inaba."

He pauses, "why don't you try summoning a demon first, see how well you can do with a contract, then we'll go see Velik and Shard," he offers.
    Lyn nods along as he explains. Happy for the verbal lesson compared to all the previous reading. "Alright, I need practice anyway. Might as well get some quintessence out of it. Two birds with one stone." She cracks open the book glancing over some of the needed materials. "Can I borrow some stuff from your shop?" Without really waiting for a reply she starts to lightly rumble through his things looking for basic materials. Only ever pausing to check the book, as if it were some type of giant checklist.

24. - Top - End - #294

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sure thing," Ash replies.

Once she has all the stuff gathered Ash comes over to help instruct her on the ritual itself. Even if he couldn't use rituals himself he had studied them, so he could help set this one up at the very least.

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Odin arrives home and, as usual, it's empty except for himself.

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So," Kaya says, "when do you plan to come by next time?" she asks, blushing slightly, it was obvious she liked having someone to talk to.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Odin would have sighed at the expected emptiness of his apartment, but he was still excited from the day's events. He stretched as he walked inside, still stiff from riding on the train.

I'm strong was really the only thought going through his mind, besides his irritation at the fatigue that had been hounding him since he kicked a man across a room. Every step felt like he was shredding his muscles, and it wasn't long before he simply flopped into bed and let sleep take him once again. He left his phone next to his head in case anything important came up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Recovery for fatigue, Constitution check against DC 10. (1d20)[11]

And a recovery check for that nagging Bruised rating, I suppose. (1d20)[2]

I'll assume these are made during his rest on the train. However, I don't see Odin doing much else today unless someone bothers him. Awakening your ki is a tiring thing.
    Last edited by Astro_sol; 2012-11-17 at 06:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Sure thing," Ash replies.

Once she has all the stuff gathered Ash comes over to help instruct her on the ritual itself. Even if he couldn't use rituals himself he had studied them, so he could help set this one up at the very least.
    She gathered everything into a pile of various miscellaneous things then took to her usually sitting spot; she looked over the ritual, rereading it to make sure she had it all. Once everything was accounted for she gave a deep breath and quickly exhaled, ready to take the plunge. First she would start with the basic shape of the summoning circle, a simple enough idea. A perfect circle.. not so simple.

She took some of ash's builders chalk and started on what would be a large scrupulous task. Kneeling down in the center of what would soon be the circle she bent over and her long and thin fingers begin to nimbly etch the design, her fingers moving as if the lines were a form of exaggerate calligraphy. The work not a easy task by any measure. As she neared the end of the beginning she wiped her sweaty brow, the basic shape took a while, and yet she was far from finished. After the perfect circle was created, she began to create a series of overlapping and interlocking circles ringed around the outside. From there a mishmashed grid of lines connected circles at seemingly random until a pattern only recognizable from above connected it all together. Mostly done with the physical aspect of the multi-color, multi-material summoning circle, she began on her own circle. A second half to completely the whole.

Nearby the first she began to draw an inverted copy of her first creation, taking an extra note of caution since this would be her nexus. Her point of origin in reaching out beyond the physical. She brought her book along with her, reading over it double checking the lines. Making sure she had the entire process mapped out before she began the second phase, finishing she set the book nearby outside her circle.

Ready to continue she put her headphones on, turning to one of her favorite songs a high powered and lively rock, and closed her eyes to began to map out the summoning circle in the metaphysical realm. She started from the center of her origin tracing and weaving a vibrant red into the physical pattern. The lines moving, quickly creeping from the very center along every lined pattern spreading in all directions as if it were a rampant fire. As they finished, each individual part needed to become one, a single entity. She began to connect each line with one another, the first with the second. Each time a piece of the pattern glowing as it assimilated another line. The glowing eventually overtaking the entire pattern.

A deep breath escaped her glistened lips, a sign of victory in the process. Not finished but part way done, she drew lines up away from the pattern. Thick burning lines that coiled around like snakes flailing in the air. They soon lashed out, whipping through the air, each one slapping onto the dead symbol in front of her. The rims of the two circles connected by a tightly stretched red cords. Each vibrantly glowing line began to borrow inside the symbol in front of her, stretching, expanding, and lighting it as they moved. Just like before, she began to connect each part to form a single entity. Two circled, glowing circles fully connected.

The entire pattern fully actualized and realized, she began to mentally tug at the center of the pattern in front of her. Drawing that which she desired straight toward the center as if it were a bolt of lightning.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-17 at 08:56 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297

Odin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Odin is far more tired than he thought, passing out as soon as he gets into his bed. He'd be sleeping until the next day.

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    The circle glows, but something else comes up, Lyn forgot to take the Yata no Kagami out of her pants, and it was heating up. Moments later, it flashed brightly, the circle turning dark violet, smoke emitting ominously from the other circle. Ash pales, "Call it off!" he shouts, but Lyn can't hear it, the smoke had already filled both circles.

The smoke turned a light beige with mossy green swirls, pulling back into the summoning circle, leaving Lyn untouched, but the Yata no Kagami wasn't with her, it was hovering over the smoke. A shadow if a sphere is in the smoke, a beige stone covered in moss. The Yata no Kagami fires a small beam, which takes on a human shaped glow in the smoke, the sphere in the center of the chest, offset slightly.

Rapidly, the smoke condenses towards the sphere, into the outline, forming a stony, androgynous figure with the stone clearly visible on its chest. The body is formed of the same grey-beige stone, with patches of moss green in various spots on the body. It's face is blank, no defining features, but Lyn can tell it is looking at her.

(Jacior can continue from here)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, I suppose next weekend. Its when I have the most time to spare. " Vance answered. "Then I believe its time for me to go. IŽll be looking forward to seeing you again, Lady Kaya and you too, Miss Auro- Aura."
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    The circle glows, but something else comes up, Lyn forgot to take the Yata no Kagami out of her pants, and it was heating up. Moments later, it flashed brightly, the circle turning dark violet, smoke emitting ominously from the other circle. Ash pales, "Call it off!" he shouts, but Lyn can't hear it, the smoke had already filled both circles.

The smoke turned a light beige with mossy green swirls, pulling back into the summoning circle, leaving Lyn untouched, but the Yata no Kagami wasn't with her, it was hovering over the smoke. A shadow if a sphere is in the smoke, a beige stone covered in moss. The Yata no Kagami fires a small beam, which takes on a human shaped glow in the smoke, the sphere in the center of the chest, offset slightly.

Rapidly, the smoke condenses towards the sphere, into the outline, forming a stony, androgynous figure with the stone clearly visible on its chest. The body is formed of the same grey-beige stone, with patches of moss green in various spots on the body. It's face is blank, no defining features, but Lyn can tell it is looking at her.

(Jacior can continue from here)
    Lyn lets out a tch, "One thing after the next." She slips on the kinetic glove, then shouts at the stoney figure "Oi, what are you and what are you doing here. You messed up my summon!."

30. - Top - End - #300

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ash is pale as he places a hand on Lyn's shoulder, "careful," he says, "this thing was caused by the Yata no Kagami, an artifact created by a god," he says, "we don't know what it can do," the entire time he's quiet enough that only Lyn can really make out what he's saying.

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaya smiles, "see you then, Vance," "ja ne," Aurora calls after him.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show