Thread: Anime Remix IC

1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Anime Remix IC

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ash is pale as he places a hand on Lyn's shoulder, "careful," he says, "this thing was caused by the Yata no Kagami, an artifact created by a god," he says, "we don't know what it can do," the entire time he's quiet enough that only Lyn can really make out what he's saying.
    Lyn looks up at him in surprise, "Wait what!? That magic detecting mirror was made by A Deity!? I thought it was just some old mirror."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-18 at 02:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

The figure jumps slightly at Lyn's harsh tone. "Miss, please. There is no reason for a lady such as yourself to be shouting. It is most unbecoming." The voice comes from a sudden crack in the rocky face of the figure. It looks down at it's hands with what seems to be... confusion. But with no real facial features it's hard to tell. "What... has happened here?" It seems to be talking to itself.

The figure looks up from it's hands to look at Lyn. "This... is not the usual binding. You say this was your summoning ritual?" He looks down again and seemingly studies the weaving patterns. "Yet... you have created me. I am... a simulacrum? Binding myself... to myself." The being speaks hesitantly, as if testing the water of language.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    The figure jumps slightly at Lyn's harsh tone. "Miss, please. There is no reason for a lady such as yourself to be shouting. It is most unbecoming." The voice comes from a sudden crack in the rocky face of the figure. It looks down at it's hands with what seems to be... confusion. But with no real facial features it's hard to tell. "What... has happened here?" It seems to be talking to itself.

The figure looks up from it's hands to look at Lyn. "This... is not the usual binding. You say this was your summoning ritual?" He looks down again and seemingly studies the weaving patterns. "Yet... you have created me. I am... a simulacrum? Binding myself... to myself." The being speaks hesitantly, as if testing the water of language.
    Lyn lowers her guard a little, dropping her hands into a more relaxed position. "Yeah, it was my ritual until it got all messed up." She restrained herself to not place the obvious blame on the possibly powerful creature. "I created you so be good o.k., no funny business."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

The figure looks up. "I fear that you do not understand the gravity of the situation." It places a hand on the stone in it's chest. "This is the Earthstone of Purgatory. That... is me." You can almost see it's frown. "I think. This is very confusing." The figure steps over the circle and looks around it's new enviroment. "I suppose I am the stone. So, to answer your earlier question, milady, I am Purgatory."

"This... is not how I usually experience the world. Typically, one of you mortals, at least, usually mortal in some way, incorperates the stone into their physical form." It steps over to the golem, examining it. "You... seem to have created a simulacrum for which I bind myself to. Which is rather interesting. This means... that for the first time, I can think for myself." The idea seems to just dawn on it.

"I am free to do as I please! HAHA!" The being straightens up suddenly. "Brilliant! Simply astounding."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

The figure looks up. "I fear that you do not understand the gravity of the situation." It places a hand on the stone in it's chest. "This is the Earthstone of Purgatory. That... is me." You can almost see it's frown. "I think. This is very confusing." The figure steps over the circle and looks around it's new enviroment. "I suppose I am the stone. So, to answer your earlier question, milady, I am Purgatory."

"This... is not how I usually experience the world. Typically, one of you mortals, at least, usually mortal in some way, incorperates the stone into their physical form." It steps over to the golem, examining it. "You... seem to have created a simulacrum for which I bind myself to. Which is rather interesting. This means... that for the first time, I can think for myself." The idea seems to just dawn on it.

"I am free to do as I please! HAHA!" The being straightens up suddenly. "Brilliant! Simply astounding."
    Lyn eyes it with a suspicious disbelief. Not really sure what to think, a creature she helped create; a sentient being created by her hand. She grins a little, "Well it's nice to meet you Earthstone Purgatory." She starts walking towards the golem she smacked apart earlier, any suspicion leaving her face along the way. "Glad you like your new body, and um mind." She slips off her glove and offers her hand to it, "Nice to meet you, names Lyn. Practicing artificer and future Mage".
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-18 at 03:25 AM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

The figure turns and bows deeply, taking her hand and... well kissing was the intent. "Just Purgatory, Milady Articifer." The being takes great pleasure in touching things, as it decides to start poking various objects around the room. Some of the more valuable looking things it picks up and carry's for a bit before setting down. "I've never had such freedom before... I'm rather at a loss for what to do. Well, that's not entirely accurate. But nothing pressing at this precise second."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

The figure turns and bows deeply, taking her hand and... well kissing was the intent. "Just Purgatory, Milady Articifer." The being takes great pleasure in touching things, as it decides to start poking various objects around the room. Some of the more valuable looking things it picks up and carry's for a bit before setting down. "I've never had such freedom before... I'm rather at a loss for what to do. Well, that's not entirely accurate. But nothing pressing at this precise second."
    Lyn grins at the fancy earthstone creature, "Ha awesome. Are you English"? Pronouncing English with a horrible engrish accent. She moves over to the suit of armor, "If your looking for something interesting you should look in this armor." She taps it's metal size, an echo reverberates within it. "It's got some quintessence in it. Hey do you have any quintessence? That's kinda why I was summoning some stuff. I need some to practice."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ash had been in stunned silence for the passed few moments, "Um, Lyn, I doubt he has quintessence, the Earthstone of Purgatory is an artifact that draws power from the earth itself. Not quintessence like most artifacts," he says, looking like he's spaced out a little, "I've never heard of this happening before, an artifact gaining a body and sentience from a failed ritual, even with the Yata no Kagami, I can't explain how or why this happened."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-11-18 at 01:01 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaya smiles, "see you then, Vance," "ja ne," Aurora calls after him.
    Vance decided to head back home. It was getting late and the least he wanted was to get in trouble with his parents. It had been a day of discovery. There was still something else he had to take care of. The decision about telling his friends the truth the next time he met them.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory nods. "The last person the stone was bonded to was a victorian man. An artifact thief." He looks over at Ash. "You seem a learned man. Perhaps then, you know of the locations of the other Stones?" It drew itself up, if such a thing were possible. "Even one would be a good start."

11. - Top - End - #311

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    "No, sorry, but I don't even know how you came to be here, last I heard half of them had vanished and the rest were in the possession of others," Ash says, looking a little nervous, "the only one I've even heard about recently was the Hellstone of Cania, which was tossed into the ocean twenty years ago."

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vance arrives at the same time as the Pizza Guy arrives, bringing a meat lovers pizza and a veggie pizza. Lana is the one to answer the door, but Vance's dad quickly comes over to pay for the pizzas.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory darkened at this. Quite literally, its stony form began to darken as apparent emotion overtook it. "THROWN INTO THE SEA?!" It shouted into the workroom, it's mouth now a gash filled with jagged looking teeth. "OF ALL THE IMBECILIC ACTIONS! THE UNFATHOMABLE IDEAS!" It took a moment to calm down, the darkness of it's form fading somewhat. "That, is a very great inconvienence. But... Hopefully not one that will prove impossible to overcome."

It looks down at its hands. "I wonder how much of my power I actually retain." As it looks at them, it's hands change into long, slender spikes and then back again, over the course of several seconds. "Interesting..."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vance arrives at the same time as the Pizza Guy arrives, bringing a meat lovers pizza and a veggie pizza. Lana is the one to answer the door, but Vance's dad quickly comes over to pay for the pizzas.
    "Good evening, father." Vance mentioned trying to avoid any possible mention of his whereabouts today. The least that he wanted was start lying to his parents. "Great. So, we are having pizza. Excelent!"
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2012-11-19 at 01:30 AM.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Purgatory darkened at this. Quite literally, its stony form began to darken as apparent emotion overtook it. "THROWN INTO THE SEA?!" It shouted into the workroom, it's mouth now a gash filled with jagged looking teeth. "OF ALL THE IMBECILIC ACTIONS! THE UNFATHOMABLE IDEAS!" It took a moment to calm down, the darkness of it's form fading somewhat. "That, is a very great inconvienence. But... Hopefully not one that will prove impossible to overcome."

It looks down at its hands. "I wonder how much of my power I actually retain." As it looks at them, it's hands change into long, slender spikes and then back again, over the course of several seconds. "Interesting..."
    Perturbed slightly by the Earthstone's spiky outburst, lyn removes her resting hand off the quintessence infused armor and starts walking back towards ash and away from the potentially unstable Purgatory. "What ARE the earthstone and hellstone artifacts, I've never heard of the stones before."

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory does the equivilent of a sigh. "She is your prodigy, no? These are things all need to learn. The Stones are important, powerful artifacts." It motions towards the air. "There are twenty Stones. The Stones are divided into the 7 Heavenstones, the 9 Hellstones and the 4 Earthstones." It says, gesturing slightly as it spoke. "They are ancient, ancient artifacts, having manifested Eons ago." It stopped speaking suddenly.

"The Stones have always passed through mortal hands. They are used for whatever purpose the user sees fit. The Stones are no more morally biased than any other rock, despite the titles afforded to them." It looked at the pair. "That is the general summary. Each Stone has different powers. It used to be that many sought the power that each stone granted... but it seems this is not the case anymore."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not ash's fault." She brings her open hand to her chest, "I just found out that all of this exists yesterday. With everything that has been happening around me its no surprise I haven't heard of some mostly forgotten stones." Removing her hand from her chest, "I just learnt that magic exists yesterday. I stayed up most of the night deciphering some magic seals, something that I've never done before and I only had a book to help me figure it all out. Coming to ash this morning a demon crow guy grabs me off the street, and tells me about this organization that I need to watch out for." Raising her hands in the air showing her frustration at the situation, "Apparently my friends and I found something that could get us killed. That's not even the highlight of the day, I meet a demon crow that says I'm not even fit to have a familiar." She pauses for a second her own words causing her some grief then she moves her hands back in front of her and starts tapping her fingers as if she's counting the days events. After a couple counts in a much calmer voice, she turns and addresses Purgatory, "Then you happened. It's been a long day, I'm tired and I haven't eaten since this morning so give me a second ok. Give me a couple minutes to catch my breath." As her statements start to wine down she begins to move closer to her spot.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-23 at 09:50 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unfortunately, the stones have fallen out of common knowledge, some cult collected the hellstones and threw them into the ocean as they got them and sealed the heavenstones almost two hundred years ago, only the earthstones were untouched by what I heard," Ash says, shaking his head, "most of the abilities for them were forgotten, so only the most prominent are really known, yourself being the main one, along with the Earthstone of the Material and the Hellstone of Cania. No one even remembers what the heavenstones did since no one has used them in nearly a millenia."

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vance's father chuckles, "yea, Lana was practically begging for pizza tonight, and we haven't had it for a while, so I decided it'd be a good treat for today."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

"I love this idea of her. This will be such a treat. Thanks dad!" Vance replied to his father eager to take a bite himself. He was quite hungry after all the thrills he had experienced during the day.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unfortunately, the stones have fallen out of common knowledge, some cult collected the hellstones and threw them into the ocean as they got them and sealed the heavenstones almost two hundred years ago, only the earthstones were untouched by what I heard," Ash says, shaking his head, "most of the abilities for them were forgotten, so only the most prominent are really known, yourself being the main one, along with the Earthstone of the Material and the Hellstone of Cania. No one even remembers what the heavenstones did since no one has used them in nearly a millenia."
    Lyn continued to listen to ash, though slightly distracted. As he finishes, her stomach growls and she press her hand upon it. "Hey, ash you got anything to eat? You can tell me more over dinner or maybe give me a couple tips about artificing.", she asks with a mischievous voice and a grin crossing her face.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-27 at 10:22 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll get some takeout," Ash says, shaking his head, then pauses to look at Purgatory, "um, are you hungry at all?" he seems a little confused, and most people would, he looks like he's made of stone and moss.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory takes a moment to sigh and run his hand over the top of its hairless head. "Earthstone of the Material. It's a place to start, I suppose. How I am suppose to get to the bottom of the ocean is another story." It seems to more be talking to himself.

It looks over at the mention of food. "Actually, yes. I am a bit peckish. This form is organic, surprisingly." It steps over and takes a look. "I imagine I'll be doing many things that creatures do. Eating, sleeping. I'll need to rest after physical labor and all manner of such things. It really seems like an inconvenience."

22. - Top - End - #322

Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll see about getting some Okonomiyaki and Yakitori, I know a couple good places that are cheap enough, it's good for if you don't know what you like when coming around," Ash says, "maybe some Takoyaki too, anything you'd like Lyn?" he asks, turning to her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okonomiyaki = Pancake-like food item with additional ingredients cooked into it.

Yakitori = skewered meats grilled on a large grill or boiled in strong, usually spicy, broths

Takoyaki = Octopus and dough balls covered in a savory eel sauce and garnished with scallions.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-11-28 at 08:10 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

"Yakitori!!"

"Hey Purgatory you should get some Yakitori too.", She says with a grin. "Since your English you should try everything! Our town's food is really good, especially the Yakitori. Me and Odin will have to take you out to a family restaurants some time."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-11-29 at 02:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory just shrugs. "I really have no idea. I've never tasted anything before, and I really don't have any impressions on food." It looks over at Lyn. "Odin? As in the Norse God? Naming conventions are very strange in these times." It looks around the shop. "Would you happen to know enough to assist in the construction of a device? With some many things around, I'm certain we can fashion the object I need." Purgatory was now definitively planning something.

25. - Top - End - #325

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Alright then, I'll be back shortly, feel free to look around, use whatever's in the Scrapyard for anything you want to make, don't use anything in the shop," Ash says before heading out, oddly enough, he grabs a fedora on his way out.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory sighs but nods. "Come, milady. We have things to gather!" Purgatory says and spends a moment trying to figure out which way to go and then steps out the door into the junkyard. He spends a moment outside changing his features around. A circle of eye spots now circled his head and he utilized the new vision to take a look at the Junkyard he had effectively been born at.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

"No.. Odin is just a nickname."

"Give me a second I gotta find something first", Lyn starts searching through ash's shop looking for any other books he might keep around.

28. - Top - End - #328

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Notice and Search checks from both of you. Purgatory gets a +4 bonus to both checks.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d20+6)[23]
    Notice: (1d20+8)[15]

30. - Top - End - #330

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyn finds a few notebooks and a heavy, leatherbound book with a lock, the thing is completely blank, however. Then, she knocks open a small compartment in the wall that looks like it hasn't been touched in years, inside, with a lot of dust, is a few vials of ink, a small black book, and a patterned metal flask. She also spots a small hitch on the bottom that, when she lifts it, opens a compartment with a handle sticking out of the solid stone below.

Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    The entire area is laced with magic, all in different colors and shades, however, the most prevelant is pure white, which seems to just be floating around, not infused in anything. Mixed in is streams of blue, green, and simple distortions in the air. Unfortunately, Purgatory doesn't know what the colors mean.

However, through the haze of white, Purgatory can spot several smaller auras of pale, weak magical items as well as one of moderate power that seems to be in a state of 'hibernation'. There are three red auras, a pale green aura, and a pale lavender aura for the unfamiliar ones, while the more powerful one is a very dark blue and is radiating from underground.

You see Lyn pick up a book laced with the same white magic that seems floating around the scrapyard followed by opening a part of the wall that's emitting a grey aura from several items inside, all weak except one at the very bottom that sinks nearly three feet into the stone wall.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show