New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anime Remix IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Anime Remix IC

Odin walking off with the mirror broke Hisoka out of his reverie.

"Yeah, I want to see if he knows anything about this", he said still holding the sword. He hopped down and started heading over the building where Ash was.

A thought crossed his mind while walking, "Has anyone seen Vance?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Lyns hands move up to form a funnel around her mouth, "VANCE, WE FOUND SOMETHING MEET US BY THE DOOR." When her shouting is done she starts climbing down the hill heading towards the door.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shou Shou squeaks at Lyn's shout and flies forward, straight into Vance's chest where he vanishes completely. You feel it's moment of panic for a second before it calms down, then you get the distinct feeling it just said oops...

(Shou Shou is now your pet)

Lyn, Odin, & Hisoka
    Spoiler
    Show
    Odin makes it down to the bottom, but flips forward and ends up doing a complete scorpion (watch Ridiculousness). But he can just brush it off for the most part, with a little ache in his neck and face (Bruised). The mirror slides across the ground, but doesn't break. And picking it up again, there's not a scratch on it.

Lyn and Hisoka make it down far more safely.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

The ground came a bit faster than Odin anticipated. It turned out that impacting the ground at surf speed was a bit painful, but after hitting the ground face first and flipping forward legs first, he found that he could move his neck without too much fuss. He brought his legs back and leaped up, giving his friends an "ok" sign with both hands.

"I'm good!" With that, he picked up the mirror and began to make his way back to Ash. "You ok, Vance? Come on back with us to Ash!" Bloody kid hadn't answered their calls.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn continues her paced walk towards the door, as she pasts odin, "Ya break your neck?" She continues on walking by without turning back.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Vance checks his chest in a wild panic. He doesnt knwo what just happened and the fact that the last thing he heard from the ghost was an *oops* didnt help matters. "GUYS!!!!" He releases from his mouth scared.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

7. - Top - End - #97

Daemon

"Naw, my neck's fine. See?" He twisted it with a resounding crack. "Fine."

But then he heard Vance scream. With a glance at Lyn, he turned and started running for Vance, the mirror still in his hands.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

"Good one Odin!", said Hisoka, barely managing to control his laughter. He pauses to make sure he gets up and turns to leave when he hears Vance shout from shout from somewhere in the distance. He calls to Lyn, who was already walking "Hey Lyn, Vance may have found something too."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn looked towards the ground and let out a short sigh. "Yeah lets go get them, Hisoka." She moves closer to Hisoka then starts towards Vance's scream.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-09-22 at 06:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Vance runs in circles with his hands moving around the top of his head, unsure of what to do. He keeps screaming, then suddenly he sees his friends. "GUYS!!! I SAW THEM! GHOSTS ARE REAL! THEY HAVE WINGS AND HALOS! AND THEY ARE INSIDE MY BODY! HELP!"
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

11. - Top - End - #101

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Vance runs in circles with his hands moving around the top of his head, unsure of what to do. He keeps screaming, then suddenly he sees his friends. "GUYS!!! I SAW THEM! GHOSTS ARE REAL! THEY HAVE WINGS AND HALOS! AND THEY ARE INSIDE MY BODY! HELP!"
    Odin sighed. "Vance? Vance." He put down the mirror and ran forward and put both hands on the boy's shoulder. "Take some deep breaths. In...out. In...and out. Calm the **** down." Poor kid was in hysterics.
    Last edited by Astro_sol; 2012-09-22 at 06:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Vance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Calm down, I accidently made a pact with you, it's nothing to freak out about, it's not dangerous. I said calm down! The scent of smelling salts fills Vances nose, which generally calms anyone down (he starts coughing and focusing on something else)

Don't freak out again, please.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Vance hears a voice coming from inside speaking to him. He recognizes it to be the ghost. Not much after, he feels the disgusting scent of smelling salt and coughs for a bried period. He wonders where it could be coming from. "Ok. I´ll calm down now." he replies as his breathing returns to normal.
    Last edited by DaOldeWolf; 2012-09-22 at 07:06 PM.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

14. - Top - End - #104

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Vance hears a voice coming from inside speaking to him. He recognizes it to be the ghost. Not much after, he feels the disgusting scent of smelling salt and coughs for a bried period. He wonders where it could be coming from. "Ok. I´ll calm down now." he replies as his breathing returns to normal.
    The boy looked a lot calmer. Awesome. I'm awesome.

"Guys! I fixed him. Let's go ask Ash about this stuff." Without a second thought of Vance and the source of his screaming, he ran back to pick up the mirror and head back to the scrapyard owner.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Hisoka heard Vance yelling about ghosts and ran immediately to see him, only to find him and Odin walking calmly back to the building where Ash was.
    "Uh, so, about that shouting earlier... Ghosts?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

"I..." Vance stopped himself. He wondered if he was allowed to say anything as he remembered the mention of a contract. He first needed to check out the possible repercussions of his actions. "I think I saw a ghost but it disappeared as soon as you arrived."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn looks at Vance for a bit, "Come on Vance, lets get you out of here. There is some strange stuff going on here, I don't think this is a normal scrapyard."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Vance smiles at Lyn and Hisoka believing his small lie. " Well, then lets go and find out about that object you all found." He replies trying to keep the talk away from the supernatural subject.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

19. - Top - End - #109

"Not in the least," someone calls, walking over, he's a tall, scruffy man with dark red hair and extremely deep blue eyes, he's obviously of European decent, "I see you found one of my old works," he says, indicating the sword, "I'm surprised to see it active again," you can't place his accent, you can hear a little English, a little Romanian, and a bit of German, "I'm interested in seeing its legacy continued," he grins as a light emerges in the middle of the scrapyard, "and it seems you're here on an interesting day," the light expands and quickly loses brightness as it does before it explodes outward, covering the scrapyard before it becomes barely noticeable, it tears into the man, seeming to dissipate him into mist. He hangs in the air, his grin never leaving, "good luck kids, you'll need it," then he laughs until only an echo remains.

Before long, Ashe comes running, almost panicking, but visibly relaxes and sighs on seeing that you're alright, "come on, I'm closing up shop for the day, you can come back later tonight if you want, but I need to check something now," he leads you back to the door, looks back as he ushers you through and follows through quickly before locking the door, he forces a smile as he asks, "so, I see you found some interesting things, let me take a look."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

Daemon

"Yeah, uh, before that, uh." Odin hefted the mirror into one hand and pointed at the now-locked door with the other. "Um, see, we just saw a guy, right? And he said something about us having his work, yeah, something about a legacy. Then a light exploded and it vanished the dude." The boy took a deep breath and exhaled fully before saying,

"What?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

"I dont know what to say....This has been quite an experience...but before going, could you please tell us how much is it going to be for the two items?" Vance wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Nothing else mattered for him at this point.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn just stands there with the group lost in thought, the whole day was rather .. eventful for her. Her entire assumption about realty could be wrong. What she knew was just something her parents played around with could actually be real.

Something that couldn't possibly exist is real and there is hardly any denying it. What was once her sanity could be slipping away right in front of her, her words might just be complete nonsense at this point, or perhaps even silly. She trys to grab the mirror form Odins hand, whether successful or not she points at it as if shes accusing it of some crime against the laws of the universe, "Is this mirror magic?", her voice nearly what could best be described as hysterical.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-09-22 at 09:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Ash shakes his head, "man's name was Marcus Dragomir, he was a blacksmith," he says, "made that sword years ago, which will be 3000 yen. He pretty much haunts the place, as do a lot of other spirits. The mirror is something I haven't seen though, I'll charge 1500 yen for that one," he continues.

When Lyn speaks up, he looks at her, "heh, well, I'd need to take a closer look at it to determine that for sure, but to me it looks like it's a dweomer mirror, a magic sensor. If you're wondering if magic exists, then I will say this, there are things that contain energy that can be manipulated through thoughts and patterns, that energy is often refered to as magic, but it's not like what most people believe it to be, it follows rules, rules that can't be broken. It follows the same laws as the rest of the world, most people don't realize that."

Spoiler
    Show
    3000 yen is about 38 US dollars
    1500 yen is about 19 US dollars.

57 Dollars = a DC 16 Wealth Roll.

Everyone has a base wealth of +6. Meaning, Astro only needs to roll a 2 or higher to get it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Bracing her forehead against her hands, she slowly massages her eyebrows. "Wait, wait I always knew that their were rumors of such things and I even looked into some of them for fun. But your telling me that magic exists!?" Looking into the mans eyes "That I have magical abilities." She moves the mirror repeatedly, behind her, putting her between the man and the mirror. "and that I can just change what I thought was reality. THAT THIS scrapyard has some type of magical ley lines and used to be a Fairie Glade. AND that bright flash earlier was just a release of some type of built up magical energy. THAT ghosts can feed off this place and stay around way past their time. YOUR TELLING ME THAT ALL OF THAT IS REAL?."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-09-22 at 10:11 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Daemon

Odin didn't budge as he felt Lyn take the mirror from him. He blinked.

So magic was real. That documentary he'd seen must have been a little more honest than he thought.

"It's a connection of three leylines, Lyn," he corrected absently, his eyes Ash. "And, uh," he continued, reaching into his pocket, "I've got that." He knew that amount of money would be straining the pockets of any of the others, and Lyn really wanted that mirror. He pulled out a wad of yen bills and coins, thrust without a thought into his pocket that morning as usual. "Should be enough money in here."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

"Can we leave now? Its getting late and our parents are going to kill us." Vance points out. He still wants to find out more about the pact the ghost had made with him.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

27. - Top - End - #117

"Magic has always existed, wild magic has caused a great number of anomalies in the past, miracles, like someone being cured of cancer after it was said that they only had a few months left. Most people that 'practice' magic have no basis in reality and is simply superstition. Actual magic is more scientific. That discharge you saw was actually the build up from the last seventy five years, usually it has a smaller one every ten years, but it hasn't been for some reason. Sort of like what happens to cause earthquakes, sometimes they release small ones, and other times they just store it up and release a much larger one, it's why I was so panicked, something could have happened, and probably did considering there's been a lot of transformative magic build up. As for you being magic, that mirror will show if someone has magic potential, it will show a magic aura around magic artifacts, and it will show truly powerful mages, but it will not say if someone specifically is a magic user unless they are extremely powerful."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Daemon

The only words Odin heard was that the magic mirror showed magic potential. He turned to Lyn after handing over the money for the items.

"So you could be a mage, then? It looked kinda funny when you looked into it." It didn't escape his memory that he didn't do anything to the mirror.

Ah, well. Couldn't have everything in life. Plus, he'd done fine without magic up til then.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

"Magic potential? Awesome. A mirror can do all that! It really is a valuable treasure. But why would you give away something with such an odd quality so easily? Do you get to see artifacts like those all the time." Vance said a little curious.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astro_sol View Post
    "So you could be a mage, then? It looked kinda funny when you looked into it."
    "Maybe, I don't know anything right know." Her voice seems filled with frustration. "I'm going to see if I can stay with Ash for a while longer and get some questions answered. You might want to head home without me."

She turns her focus around to the older man, "Would you mind if I asked you some more questions? You seem to know a lot about all this, do you know magic? Like Odin said, the mirror distorted my image, that means I have potential right? I would love to know more about the subject!"