Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 241 to 257 of 257

Thread: Final Fantasy

  1. Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Kobold-Bard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    ...

    Also, what do people think about the Gogo-is-Terra's-mom theory?
    The whatnow theory?
    Zenithbold-Bard by Lord Raziere | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

  2. Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Can I do that wind god gau thing with my ps1 re-release of the game? I looked it up and it said snes version, but I wasnt sure if that counted.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  3. Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Can I do that wind god gau thing with my ps1 re-release of the game? I looked it up and it said snes version, but I wasnt sure if that counted.
    Think you can't equip Merit Award on Gau there, so no. You can do it on Gogo copying Rage though.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    Tier System For Classes & Why Each Class Is In Its Tier - Obligatory Reads Before Balance Discussions

    My apologies if I leave a discussion unfinished. Feel free to PM me anything.

  4. Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DiscipleofBob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    As crappy as Umaro is, I really like him. Dunno.

    Also, what do people think about the Gogo-is-Terra's-mom theory?
    First I've heard of that one. I've only heard of the following theories regarding Gogo:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Theory 1: Gogo is Daryl, Setzer's former rival/lover, with amnesia. Evidence being that during the cutscene the Falcon seemed to crashland on Triangle Island where you find Gogo in the Zone Eater.

    Theory 2: Gogo is the son of Daryl and Setzer. Daryl was with child when she crashlanded, somehow survived and gave birth. Daryl eventually died, but the child was just old enough to learn how to survive on his own by mimicking the creatures around him.
    RP's
    Bleach in the Playground OOC IC
    I am willing to make and roleplay as characters for people's factions, etcetera on request.

    My Characters:
    My Bleach Characters

    Active Stories:
    Ultimate Wonder Woman on Ultimate DC

    ((On Hiatus:))
    The Shipwreck Pirates, a One Piece original crew fanfic. Arc 2: Tempest Tossed

    Avatar by Necromimesis.

  5. Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    As crappy as Umaro is, I really like him. Dunno.
    Also, what do people think about the Gogo-is-Terra's-mom theory?
    Umaro is not bad. With his custom Rage Ring he can dish out decent physical damage. Mileage with the Blizzard Orb varies.


    That... that's a new Gogo theory I've not heard of.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

    Quote Resume:
    Spoiler
    Show

    "For your astounding work in the field of punnery, you have been awarded one (1) internet." -Lix Lorn
    "Truly, there is nothing more terrifying than a DM with a sense of humour." -The Succubus
    "No pretty sure he thinks he's Digo Dragon." -Pinkie Pie
    "Digo, you're a liar and a scoundrel." -NeroGrimm


    Custom Avatar by me - My OC Changeling, Zeeps!

  6. Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Korea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    I have heard that square is releasing a mega collection in Japan with them all together. that would be awesome, but transferring them all to digital emulations may bring more business.

  7. Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue1005 View Post
    I have heard that square is releasing a mega collection in Japan with them all together. that would be awesome, but transferring them all to digital emulations may bring more business.
    By "all" of them, do you mean say, every one of the numbered ff games? Will it include tactics and other games like crystal chronicles? Or will they go full insanity, and release a console version of everything, including the gameboy to ds handhelds as well? If its the last one, I would pay just about any price to get my hands on it. That would be something like 28 titles all combined currently. Im lucky, in that I already have almost all of the numbered fantasy games with the consoles, because without a lot of ebay trolling, its hard to find copies anymore for a decent price. Too be able to fill in the gaps in my library and include all those random games from older systems would be priceless.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  8. Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    By "all" of them, do you mean say, every one of the numbered ff games? Will it include tactics and other games like crystal chronicles? Or will they go full insanity, and release a console version of everything, including the gameboy to ds handhelds as well? If its the last one, I would pay just about any price to get my hands on it. That would be something like 28 titles all combined currently. Im lucky, in that I already have almost all of the numbered fantasy games with the consoles, because without a lot of ebay trolling, its hard to find copies anymore for a decent price. Too be able to fill in the gaps in my library and include all those random games from older systems would be priceless.
    I will fully agree with this. I to have most of the numbered entries, but the ones that were released on Gameboy and other handhelds I actually don't have very many, and it would be so incredibly awesome to be able to own and play them all.
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

  9. Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Korea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    By "all" of them, do you mean say, every one of the numbered ff games? Will it include tactics and other games like crystal chronicles? Or will they go full insanity, and release a console version of everything, including the gameboy to ds handhelds as well? If its the last one, I would pay just about any price to get my hands on it. That would be something like 28 titles all combined currently. Im lucky, in that I already have almost all of the numbered fantasy games with the consoles, because without a lot of ebay trolling, its hard to find copies anymore for a decent price. Too be able to fill in the gaps in my library and include all those random games from older systems would be priceless.
    The link that I read was saying only numbered games across NES, SNES PS1-2. But Yes the WHOLE collection would be awesome. IDK if they will release int he US, and as of now i heard only japanese language, but it could be pretty epic. I think it was around 40-50,000 Yen


    i saw it on an rpgfan website. Looking for the link...
    Last edited by Blue1005; 2012-10-12 at 04:01 AM.

  10. Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CoMo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue1005 View Post
    I think it was around 40-50,000 Yen
    As much as I love FF, I would never pay that (unless I were filthy rich).
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  11. Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Brother Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cippa's River Meadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    As much as I love FF, I would never pay that (unless I were filthy rich).
    11 games for between 320 and 400 UKP? Sounds reasonable enough to me - it's about what you'd pay for brand new games on release, particularly if you've never played or have lost the older games.

    Of course if you have played most of the games or still own them, then the value diminishes dramatically.

  12. Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CoMo
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    11 games for between 320 and 400 UKP? Sounds reasonable enough to me - it's about what you'd pay for brand new games on release, particularly if you've never played or have lost the older games.

    Of course if you have played most of the games or still own them, then the value diminishes dramatically.
    Yeah, I have all of them except for II and III. With the current exchange rate that'd be about $600.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  13. Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    I wish I knew...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    11 games for between 320 and 400 UKP? Sounds reasonable enough to me - it's about what you'd pay for brand new games on release, particularly if you've never played or have lost the older games.

    Of course if you have played most of the games or still own them, then the value diminishes dramatically.
    Moreso since you can play all the numbered ones, plus many others, on the PS2. In fact, other than the Game Boy ones (not counting the MMO), and the PS3 offering, I think the rest of the series can be played on the PS2.

    Origins, Anthology, and Chronicles has 1-6, 7-13 (excepting the MMO) are either for the PS or PS2. Tactics was originally released for PS.

    So yea, I'll just stick with my already complete collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

    My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

  14. Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    T.G. Oskar's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Is this link reliable enough?

    It has a recollection of all the items it has, such as all the numbered games (from I to XIII, including a game time card for XI), an art book and a soundtrack with selections from all games.

    ...Quite frankly, I'm more interested in OCRemix's unofficial recollection of FFVI's soundtrack. It has a Kickstarter going on, it's already funded, but it still allows extra funds and their stretch goals are pretty decent (you get 11 discs worth of music, what with FFVI, FFVII and FFIV remixes bundled in).

    By the way: are you hopeful that FFXV will be the spark that makes the series shine again? Usually the games with multiples of 3 tend to revitalize the series (YMMV with FF XII, but no one can deny that the classic era of the series began with III, no one denies just how awesome VI was, and people fondly remember IX), and we definitely need a game without Nomura, Kitase and/or Nojima. Plead that this man directs XV, at least.
    Now with a shiny new Homebrewer's Sig. See the magic! Use the retools in your campaign...today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I'm not sure he's actually capable of making a post with fewer than 500 words. That's why we love him though.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  15. Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Seerow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Is this link reliable enough?

    It has a recollection of all the items it has, such as all the numbered games (from I to XIII, including a game time card for XI), an art book and a soundtrack with selections from all games.

    ...Quite frankly, I'm more interested in OCRemix's unofficial recollection of FFVI's soundtrack. It has a Kickstarter going on, it's already funded, but it still allows extra funds and their stretch goals are pretty decent (you get 11 discs worth of music, what with FFVI, FFVII and FFIV remixes bundled in).

    By the way: are you hopeful that FFXV will be the spark that makes the series shine again? Usually the games with multiples of 3 tend to revitalize the series (YMMV with FF XII, but no one can deny that the classic era of the series began with III, no one denies just how awesome VI was, and people fondly remember IX), and we definitely need a game without Nomura, Kitase and/or Nojima. Plead that this man directs XV, at least.

    I'd be more interested if they at least went through the effort of bundling them together with an emulator on a smaller number of discs for PS3/360. I know that the box with like 50 discs is more impressive, but really I already own most of those games in their original format. For the most part I don't play them because it is inconvenient to hook up the PS2. I don't even really want/need any changes/updates to the games, just let me slide a disc into my current gen console and play the games, and they'd have my money. Meh.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?


  16. Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Land of Wind and Shade
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I'd be more interested if they at least went through the effort of bundling them together with an emulator on a smaller number of discs for PS3/360. I know that the box with like 50 discs is more impressive, but really I already own most of those games in their original format. For the most part I don't play them because it is inconvenient to hook up the PS2. I don't even really want/need any changes/updates to the games, just let me slide a disc into my current gen console and play the games, and they'd have my money. Meh.
    Your PS3 can't play PS1 or PS2 games slotted into it?

    Surely this is heresy, to have purchased a model incapable of such holy acts.

    In all seriousness, this is why you bought the 80 GB version.
    God Tier John + Zillyhoo by Derjuin
    Plushrump ITP!



  17. Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground
     
    JoshL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy

    I'll go a step in the opposite direction and wish that it had all the games in their original format and a fancy box to hold them all, with all the extra stuff on current format discs!

    But, yeah, definitely pretty. A friend of mine had this:
    Spoiler
    Show

    which is 4, 5 & 6 and much nicer looking than any of the US collections.

    At a certain point, you aren't aiming at people who want to play the games, but people who have played them thousands of times and want a pretty box set to sit in their collection. While I personally tend to be function over form, I do appreciate the opposite and have been guilty of doing that sort of thing myself!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •