Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 310
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    "Take that," Squeeb shouted as his sword streaked across the gator. "And that!" he said as he lunged at the creatures side (5 foot step to one side).

    Noble Steed steps forward (5 foot step to the other, hopefully to flank) and attacks again, while chewing on something he found in the swamp.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Squeeb attack(1d20+5)[20] +2 if flanking
    damage (1d4-1)[0]

    Noble Steed attack(1d20+1)[2]+2 if flanking
    damage [roll]1d4+[/roll]

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    KHHHHH!

    Khuraargh hisses as he charges off the branch, overlarge feet kicking off from the tree-limb and then splashing into the marsh. His shield's rim slams onto the beast's back to break his fall and his right-hip's dogslicer flashes from its sheath.

    Khuraargh whirls the grip such that the blade protrudes from the bottom of his fist, aims for the creature's neck, then stabs in.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Str 2 + BAB 1 + size 1 + charging 2 + flanking 2 - Power Attack
    (1d20+7)[19]
    (1d4+5)[9]
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    The croc's attention on the others he reloads his crossbow and fires again.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move: load crossbow
    Attack: (1d20+5)[14]
    Damage: (1d6)[2]

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    The alligator was just ripped a new one. It was dead, it was a pair of leather boots now. The large reptile floated there, eyes opened, dead, a pool of blood surrounding it. It messed with the wrong goblins, probably would have been better off going after lame longshanks.

    Victory for the goblins of Tribe Licktoad!
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-25 at 12:28 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Thick ropes of gore drip from the edge as Khuraargh drags his blade out. He crosses his arms over his chest for a moment of thought, then plunges in again, sawing through the alligator's throat, just to make sure.

    That done, he cleans his blade with some nearby ferns and sheathes it. Looking pleased with the initial Licktoad victory, he goes around, punching shoulders and pumping fists.

    With huffing breath, Khuraargh then drags the beast to the nearest patch of dry ground... or a big enough tree's overgrown roots. He roots about in the muck to find his broken bit of javelin, returns to the kill and drives it through both eye-sockets. He then vanishes into the trees and returns with an ungodly amount of vines which he uses to rig the reptile up between two great sprawling trees, suspending the corpse as a macabre offering [and warning to anybody who might be thinking of messing with the Licktoad Tribe], then kneeling before it and raising the Sign of Lamashtu with his fingers.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Pulling a dagger from his belt he watches Khuraargh dress the gator corpse. While he's off gathering vines Skortch makes quick work with his knife, extracting a tooth from the gators mouth, which is hanging around his neck shortly afterwords.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sparky

    With the alligator dead Sparky does a dance of victory in the muck.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sir Squeeb raised his blade into the air waving wildly. "We killed a swampy dragon!"

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Electrobolt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    His grin still on his face with the gator killed, Naknuk placed his bow back in it's resting place. Even though this was the first step on their path to victory, it was surely a great start.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elhand - The King's Dilemma
    Gradak - Everwinter
    Jamben - Burning Plague
    Borkan - Voldur Campaign
    Tamni'el - Kingdom of Arim

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    And there it would stand for all eternity, at least until carrion eating creatures got to it.

    Perhaps our dear little goblins should make sure to get back on track, or hey, they can victory dance.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Nodding judiciously, Khuraargh hauls out another javelin. Hefting his shield once more, he wades out back into the muck. With a tilt of his turtleshell hat-helm and a jink of his javelin, he gestures for them to proceed, falling in behind Sparky, since he seems to know the way by way of the map.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sparky

    Once the croc was trusted up the blue goblin was ready to head out with a big smile on his face.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Proceeds along in the middle of the group, trying to shake off the excitement of their first battle and focus on noticing the next one before it is upon them this time.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Once his arm gets tired from waving his sword around he sheathes it, still grinning like a kid in a candy store he prepares to continue his glorious adventure.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    As the goblins continued along their way, tucking in a half mile or so, they would come across the river wide, and follow it north as according to the map.

    Eventually the river cut to the right, and the goblins would need to be on the left and following the river anymore right would put them miles behind in their quest and likely into enemy territory, and they would still need to cross the river anyway.

    There was a rather large marsh tree with vines draped on it. Maybe, if they securedly tied it and swung across, then maybe.....just maybe.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Along the way, Khuraargh finds Sir Squeeb and points at the latter's newly acquired scimitar. The scarred goblin shakes both head and fingers, makes a cleaning gesture with a rag, hands the rag to the goblin knight, then nods with an upheld thumb.

    Coming to the crossing at the river, Khuraargh shoulders his shield and scampers up the great, sprawling tree, keeping one of his dogslicers clenched in his teeth as a precaution--- sometimes using it as a climbing aid. Getting there, he takes several good, strong, sturdy vines and secures them as solidly as he could to the branch for the others to use.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+9)[16] Climb (+2, for the dogslicer/makeshift climbing spike?)
    (1d20+6)[13] Know: Nature, to check which vines/branches are best to use
    (1d20+5)[14] Perception, there's some kind of danger there, most assuredly
    (1d20+12)[25] Acrobatics, to catch himself or the vines in case he falls
    (1d20+5)[6] Survival, for rope/vine-use
    ^--- Yikes. Looks like he's too used to running solo. Hope rope/vine-use is actually covered in Climb, otherwise that's a heckuvva botch.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2012-10-28 at 12:38 AM.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Squeeb bows and accepts the rag to clean off his new blade.

    As Khuraargh climbs the tree Squeeb calls up to him, worried about getting Noble Steed across the river. "Does you see any shallower places to go?"

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Watches Khuraargh up in the branches a bit. Having little practice with such things he takes a look trying to come up with an alternate option. their recent encounter with the croc making him weary of going into the water if necessary.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Checks to see if there is a better way to cross the river.
    Knowledge Local: (1d20+4)[7]
    Knowledge Geography: (1d20+5)[19]
    Knowledge Nature: (1d20+5)[19]

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sparky

    "We cross here," Sparky says somewhere between a question and a statement. He looks at the large tree trying to figure a plan.

    He watched Khuraargh and waited for his result.
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-10-29 at 11:27 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    The only danger to be seen was the moving river. Anyways, the vines were more or less on the draped side of things and not secured. Perhaps that is what lead to to the end result of this.

    Khuraargh swiftly climbed up the tree with his natural ease as he grabbed a vine, it looked good, hard to tell with some of the foliage around it on the branch, but it looked good. It was then he swung that his weight pulled down the insecured vine. He just managed to move himself that he was able to keep from falling as he caught and hung on the branch above him.

    The vine fell and crumpled into a heap on the ground.

    As for Skortch, his knowledge of geography and nature brings up ideas of log bridges over narrower parts of the river, since, not all rivers are a uniformed wide size.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Fortunately, the backslung shield and laden pack catch the brunt of the fall. Groaning, Khuraargh gets up and dusts himself off, shaking a fist at the vines.

    He grunts, then shrugs questioningly at Skortch, points at the river and across then makes as if swimming.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Looking at Khuraargh as he crashes to the ground. "Maybe swim yes." The goblin's meaning fairly obvious. "Maybe someone strong swim first then use vines to help."

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    "Swim? What about the swamp dragons?"

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sparky

    The blue goblin stifled his laugh as Khuraargh fell. He began to gather what long vines he could find.

    "Someone should climb again and tie these securely."

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Snarling, Khuraargh takes the proferred vines and scampers once more up the gnarled tree, using one of his blades as a climbing aid. With his legs firmly locked around one big branch, he weaves the three strongest vines into a three-ply makeshift rope, knots one end off and ties the lot over, across, under and around a fork in the tree branch over the rushing river. That done, he knots the lot at every yard to give it extra strength, then climbs back down and points at the others and gestures across the river.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[14] Climb (+2 with blade/climbing aid?)
    (1d20+5)[19] Survival YEESSS! TAKE THAT!
    (1d20+12)[22] Acrobatics Whew. Insurance.
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2012-10-31 at 01:52 PM.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Round 2

    And so Khuraargh made a second attempt and with the mercy of the voice in the sky, the mostly mute goblin secured the vines and swung across the river and caught onto a low lying branch from an opposite tree. Victory over vines.


    With the rope tested for security, the others would simply have to swing across, though there was the small issue with Noble Steed.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Electrobolt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Once the vine was cleared and back in position, Naknuk removed his shield and armored coat, before stowing them away. After they were all stowed away, the goblin grabbed onto the vine as he began on his attempt to swing himself over to the other side.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics: (1d20+4)[11] - Swinging across, woulda been +1, but removing shield and armor helped matters there :P
    Sleight of Hands: (1d20+4)[16] - To try and save myself if messed up... Untrained, so as per stated in the SRD, unless I'm trying to hide something on my body, can't succeed in anything beyond 10...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elhand - The King's Dilemma
    Gradak - Everwinter
    Jamben - Burning Plague
    Borkan - Voldur Campaign
    Tamni'el - Kingdom of Arim

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sparkly barely makes it across the river with the vine rope and falls on the other side.

    The vine rope swings back as Naknuk grabs onto it and swings. But he missed the other side and his jump and barely regains his hold on the rope and un-triumphantly swings back to the side he started off from.


    <Eh, Benson doesn't particularly care for certain what Sleight of Hands so called limits are, Benson is interpenetrating it for their own purposes for the game>

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    OOC: for those who maybe confused. I posted this in the occ thread.

    Sparky

    Taking his time, the blue goblin makes sure his grip is firm and has enough space to get enough momentum to swing over.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    "What about stead?" Looking at the others and then frowning. "And fireworks?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •