Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 310
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Clinging to the branch with his legs, holding the braided vines with his corded arms, Khuraargh lets go of the branch and hooooopefully sails across onto the other side.

    Once there, he tries looking for more vines and deadfall--- if there's a suitable log, that would be even better, which he then tries to lash together into a makeshift raft for the others.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[14] Survival, for material-gathering and raft-making
    (1d20+12)[17] Acrobatics, for swinging across like a gorram trapeze monkey
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2012-11-02 at 02:42 PM.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Khuraargh already on the otherside of the bank would easily spy some more vines, as for a good usuable log, that would be a Perception Check and require a little searching more away from the bank. Since a passive survey of the bank did not provide such things. Well, there were logs, but they were rotted with heavy moss growing over them.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sparky
    Seeing what the other goblin wanted to do he helps search for some logs.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+2)[22] perception

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Helps out with the search.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception: (1d20+2)[11]

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Off in the thicker brush, past it, Sparky comes across a four large pieces of plank wood under some flora, driftwood maybe? Well, sometimes during bad storms from the east sea, wrecked ships were carried over, broken down. But hey, good news for goblins in this case. As fr Naknuk Skortch, he finds himself two thick fallen branches, maybe something for the sides of the their mini raft in the making?

    Overall, with the plank size, they are large enough to hold two goblins across.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-04 at 09:57 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Squeeb also looks for some wood.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[3]
    Also 2 goblins = how many pigs?

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    <maybe by itself>

    On the other side of the bank with Noble Stead and Skortch, Sir Squeeb would come up short and find two nice pieces of kindling. Noble Steed was likely a distracting factor in getting in on a proper search.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Electrobolt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    After picking himself up, Naknuk had noticed there were two fallen branches on each of his sides. Thinking they may be of some use, he picks them up and begins carrying them over to the opening, to where Skortch and Noble Steed are. He then saw that the others on the other side were gathering wood for something. Were they perhaps trying to create some means of getting across the river without using the vines?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elhand - The King's Dilemma
    Gradak - Everwinter
    Jamben - Burning Plague
    Borkan - Voldur Campaign
    Tamni'el - Kingdom of Arim

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sparky

    The young goblin drags what the wood over. "Look, look at what I found!"

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    "More!" Contributing his findings to the pile.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    While the others had been more productive in their search efforts, Khuraargh meanwhile had gotten his face through a particularly thick patch of cobwebby branches. While usable wood, vines and other material for a raft for Noble Steed and whoever else was still on the other side, he'd been stumbling around, his face festooned in a mess of spiderwebs.

    Gwhhhhh-rrrrrrhhhh-nnnnngggghh-mmmmmmhhhh! goes his half-frustrated half-panicked mumbling as he slashes about with a blade in one hand, scrambling at the webs with the other hand, chewing and spitting with his mouth.

    AAAAAHHHH! Longlegs! SWAAAAMP! Loooonnngleeeegggs! Protect the otherrrrrsss... ohhh, tasty spidersquishies... Aaaaaah! LONGLEGS! go his thoughts while he tries to extricate himself out of the sticky situation.

    When he finally gets rid of the gunk, he gets down to the business of lashing the branches together, scowling and hissing furiously.

    Spoiler
    Show
    W'elp! Comedy for confused posts and crappy rolls!

    Survival check once again for trying to make a friggen raft for the friggen piggy and whoever's still on the other side: (1d20+5)[22]
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    After some time, maybe twenty-thirty minutes of crude craftmanship, a ramshackle raft was made. Its likely buoyant. Yay, teamwork!

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Cheers their success. Great heroes would not bring back wet fireworks.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Crosses the river on the raft, making sure to drag it up onto the shore and hide it well once everyone is done using it so that it is still there for the trip home.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Electrobolt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    As soon as everyone had crossed, even himself, Naknuk looked back to the river and to Skortch, who was hiding the raft. While Skortch was hiding the raft, he took this time to re-equip his armored coat and buckler. If they were to run into combat, he would have his heavy pick out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elhand - The King's Dilemma
    Gradak - Everwinter
    Jamben - Burning Plague
    Borkan - Voldur Campaign
    Tamni'el - Kingdom of Arim

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sir Squeeb tentatively lead Noble Steed onto the makeshift raft and pushed off. As the raft broke free from the shore Squeeb felt the wood sink noticeably lower into the water, with a stifled yelp Squeeb grabbed around the neck of his animal friend and clenched his eyes shut, fearing the water rushing up to gobble them both up. After a few moments Squeeb peaked his head out over Noble Steeds neck and realized they were both still float.

    "See Noble Steed, nothing to be afraid of," Squeeb said with relief. Hearing his name the pig turned and snorted at Squeeb before it laid down sending the raft shaking again and Squeeb clutching onto his pig for dear life.

    Far longer than Squeeb felt it should have taken, he made it to the other side.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    And so the goblins crossed the river and had a new raft to boot! And so there they were, in a part of the swampy jungle where Khuraargh comedically stumbled into spider webs....

    As the five continued their path...they'd find themselves finding more spider webs....some small, a few large....

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sparky

    "I hate spiders," remarks Sparky. He looks up at the canopy and the trees.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+2)[9] perception

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    KKKKHHHH! Khuraargh hisses and jumps into the others' path. He gestures at all the suspiciously vast spiderwebs festooning the foliage around them, walks on all fours then climbs up the cleanest tree trunk and low branch he could find, then leaps off the end right. He mock-pounces at the nearest goblin, extending his rigid fingers from his open mouth like fangs. He then clutches at his neck, staggers about and collapses, twitching as if poisoned.

    Khuraargh leaps back up, points at his eyes and ears, then points back at the others with his fingers in the horned dog sign. The scarred goblin then takes out a torch and hands it to whoever of his comrades doesn't need both hands to fight, signalling him to light it by clicking his fingers together as if striking sparks from flints. He then secures the straps on his shield, draws a javelin and advances cautiously, using the tip to clear any part any particularly thick patches of web they come across, ready to hurl it at anything truly threatening.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception, yo! (1d20+5)[11]
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2012-11-08 at 02:24 PM.
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    It was an eerie trek in this part of the jungle filled with webs, large webs. Some webs large enough to catch a deer.

    The goblins hear but the buzzing insects and the crunch of foliage underneath.

    From out of nowhere...

    Naknuk and Sparky would find themselves with a web shot down at them from above. Looking up would reveal a scarred slightly larger than normal giant spider fangs dripping mucus.

    Initiative!

    (1d20+2)[15]

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Sparky

    He was caught in the web and immediately looked up. The dripping fangs was all he could see. His heart raced. In a heart beat the seriousness of this adventure became real to him for the first time.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+4)[6] Init

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    "We're under attack!" Squeeb shouted with a crazy grin. "By monsters!"
    "Snort" Noble Steed snorted.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Init:(1d20+3)[13]

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stormwracked verdant hive
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    A thrill of gratified paranoia runs down Khuraargh's spine even as he rocks back and hefts his javelin. He backpedals to gain some space, shield high, sighting across its rim, then throws himself into the stroke as he hurls the long, sharp spit of wood, aiming at the great spider's bloated belly.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+7)[24]
    (1d4+3)[7]
    ~~>DAEMONICA ELECTRONICA.
    Severe technical difficulties. Sorry for inconvenience.


    OOC Ratcatchers: Iiiiiiiiinves-ti-gate! Good times, come on! Investiiiii-gation!
    OOC Finding Paths and Making Kings: STANDOFF AT BOKKEN"S HUT.
    OOC Curse of the Crimson Throne Bandits incoming at 12-o-clock and 9-o-clock.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Electrobolt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Upon the webbing falling on him and Sparky, Naknuk looked up as he saw the spider. With his pick readied and shield equipped, he was ready to fend the savage creature off.

    (1d20+4)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elhand - The King's Dilemma
    Gradak - Everwinter
    Jamben - Burning Plague
    Borkan - Voldur Campaign
    Tamni'el - Kingdom of Arim

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Lotslegs Eat Goblins Many makes...whatever spidery noise they make when in pain. Maybe a rrraagahgahghagh....!.............? Yea, we'll go with that, as she..it, is stabbed with the javelin in its thorax.

    Naknuk is up! <He can either make an escape artist check or strength check!>

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Electrobolt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Naknuk, having been trapped by the web, began on his attempt to free himself, so he can join the fight.

    Escape Artist: (1d20+4)[24]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elhand - The King's Dilemma
    Gradak - Everwinter
    Jamben - Burning Plague
    Borkan - Voldur Campaign
    Tamni'el - Kingdom of Arim

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    Naknuk more than succeeds as he seems to slip through the web like a buttered bullfrog! Twisting and turning. He is free.

    Lotslegs Eat Goblins Many lunges down at Khuraargh who attacked it and makes a spidery snarling sound. However, Khuraargh parries it and twists himself to avoid the bite.

    <Go Sir Squeeb!>

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    A wave of his hand and an excited yell and a ball of energy whips towards the spider.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Cast Magic Missile: (1d4+1)[5]

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Benson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    The magical energy zips out from Skortch's gobby hands and strikes unquestionably true upon the giant spider who reels their head and ckreeeeecccks at Skortch!


    <Go Sparky, youse has the same options that Naknuk had to escape>

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

    OOC: Put this in wherever you feel it makes sense, again sorry for the inconvenience Benson.

    "Have at me!" Squeeb shouted as he ran toward the monster and drew his sword. Noble Steed yawns and trots after him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Squeeb can make it to the frontline in 1 move action he will then attack. If he cannot, he will take another move action to try and give Khuraargh a flanking bonus.

    Attack: (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage: (1d4-1)[1]

    Noble Steed
    Attack: (1d20+1)[20]
    Damage: (1d4)[1]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •