New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] We be Goblins! IC

Ouch. That was one loud sounding twig snap that seemed to echo more loudly than it should.

"What? Mommy has visitors you say? Well why didn't you say so?" The voice seemed to ask the dogs who whimpered in response. The voice cackled. "Comes on out...I promises I won't eats you unless you reaaaaaaaally juicy. Hahahaha....." Unseen by our heroes, the being clutches themselves a little dagger to their side.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Khuraargh winces at the crackled stick
    Hissing, he bites down on his swordhilt
    And draws forth another softly glowing vial
    Gestures at his tribesmates, then at the cabin vile
    Readying, back o'er his shoulder, the fwoom-flask he does tilt
    Preparing to hurl when something beastly, undoubtedly, might outta there sic.

Spoiler
    Show

Ready action to hurl the alchemifire grenade just outside the doors of the cabin.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Skortch pulls his crossbow out, loading it in anticipation of the next leg of their journey.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Finally! An evil villain to smite with my mighty blade! Squeeb thought as he heard the voice coming from the boat. Not wanting to miss out on a big climactic fight between good and evil he inched closer to his companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Squeeb to M6

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Sparky

He had to fight from laughing as he focused his mind on his body, letting it change. Then drank the elixir, grabbed his spear and leapt of his hiding spot and ran toward 'Momma.'

Spoiler
    Show

Activating Inertial armor and minor meta morph.
    +4 AC
    +2 Str
    +2 Dex
    Drinking the elixir of Dragon Breath.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

As for what Sparky would have saw running up there onto the deck was a hideous hag of a goblin on the upper deck six feet up, accessible by a set of stairs to the side. Vorka, the goblin cannibal was as nasty as the stories made her out to be. Her mouth appeared far too wide and big for any normal goblins, her snaggle toothed mouth with its underbite. On her head she wore some sort of witches hat and over herself a bloody apron over a patchwork leather armor piece.

In front of her tied up to the mast are a pair of malnourished dogs worse for wear who begin barking again at the sight of the intruders.

Vorka sneers and takes a vial from her persona and consumes it and then whistles a sharp whistling noise.

"Comes on up, youse is looking mighty tasty gobby."

Updated Map
    Spoiler
    Show

and Vorka just because.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-04 at 06:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Ghhhhkkk! Khuraargh recoils at the sight of Vorka, the hardened goblin warrior grimacing heavily and having to bite down on his shield-rim to keep from spilling his stomach contents.

One wiry arm hucks the softly glowing vial at the lot of them and it shatters, spewing liquid flame...

...and misses horribly, splishing softly into the little pond beyond.

Khuraargh groans, spits and prepares his sword.

Spoiler
    Show

W'elp. Deleted previous post because I missed my Spot check on the new map and afterwards realized, "Crapmonkeys! Khuraargh ain't dumb, he'd know that burning the cabin means setting alight that which they came for!" But once I deleted the thing, I realized "Holy crap! CHEATER!"

Annnnnd hence, missing horribly, my self-imposed penance.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Sparky

Running to the stairs the blue goblin makes faces, teasing Vorka.

Spoiler
    Show

move to R7
    if Vorka moves to the stairs he will spit fire.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh no, I'm missing it!" Sir Squeeb shouts as he runs to the front of the ship and scrambled up onto the deck.

Noble Steed however climbed up the front of the ship making it's way to the deck. Seeing nowhere to go besides a ladder, the pig snorted and decided it's best now just to take a nap.

Spoiler
    Show
    Squeeb to 8J on the deck
    Noble Steed to 10M

10. - Top - End - #250

SamuraiGuy

Crossbow drawn Skortch moves to the bottom of the stairway.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to h9
    hold action

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm gonna cooks you all nice and toasty you backwater lamed gobbies!" She cackled as she stayed at her relatively safe distance and casted a spell upon herself. In just a few seconds flames appeared covering her crusty left hand. She then let out a lowered whistling sound as the two dogs next to her began to bark loudly and pulled at their chains making them taut until they snapped and then just...they appeared at the foot of the ladder and snarled and growled at Sparky at the foot of the ladder.

Naknuk reached for his bow, putting his heavy pick axes aside and reached in his cruddy quiver for an arrow.
    ================

Map Updated
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-09 at 03:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Khuraargh starts back, unnerved by the unholy magicks of the hated dogs of the hated traitor-bitch Vorka. He spits, vilely regretting having pissed away his last alchemifire grenade.

The scarred goblin stamps and stamps to make himself heard, then gives a running start then whips out a javelin at Vorka herself.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+7)[25]+2 if Charge applicable to thrown weapons like spears
    (1d4+2)[5]+2 if Rage still effective/applicable

Position! T-11

OORAH!
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-01-11 at 02:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

"Aaarch....You...gaaa...I will makes you the toasty in the ends-" Vorka screeched as her shoulder got pierced by the javelin, she passed a flaming hand over it to burn the wooden pole part.

Naknuk releases his bow at the nasty goblin but finds his arrow missing by a hair as the nasty Vorka side stepped during mid threat.
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-15 at 05:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

SamuraiGuy

Scrambling up unto the deck he peeks out from behind the mast and fires his crossbow at the witch.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: k8
    Attack: (1d20+5)[12]
    Dmg: (1d6)[1]

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Sparky

He stabs at the dog in front of him with his spear.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[13] attack
    (1d4+3)[4] damage

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Squeeb runs down onto the lower platform.

"Evil *huff* witch. I... Sir Squeeb... *huff, wooh*... have come to smite you with my mighty blade," still panting from his run across the bog Squeeb rested his hands on his knees and coughed before shaking his head and waving his sword in a manner he hoped looked threatening, but really just looked kind of sad. "For the honor... of my leech... and the Licktoads!" Which he punctuated with another of those sword waves he seemed so fond of.

Panting one more time he stood up as straight as his scrawny form could go. "Ok, I'm ready now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Squeeb moves to P7 and uses his challenge on Vorka
    All allies (including me) gain +1 to attack and damage on her.
    I get -2 to AC against anyone except her.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Skortch's bolt flies untrue as just the 'witch' reacted to Khurrargh's javelin "nicking" her something annoying and unpleasant, it flew over her head. She took a mo' to laugh at Skortch.

Anyways with hand that round using her flame on the javelin, with her other hand she flung the fire like a projectile at that pesky Khurrargh as the flame licked at his chest <for 4 damage> She laughed again. "I cooks you hahah!..ow...ah ow...stupid javey-in." New flames on her hands appeared, albeit a little bit smaller this time.

Sparky's spear pierced the dog in the head inflicting lots of pain as the dog let out a pained whine and then barked as it tried to bite his stabbing hand but missed because the pain threw off its aim. The other dog growled and barked leaping at Sparky but it missed as well with its bite, stumbling behind him onto the deck.

and the that silly Sir Squeeb showed at last and with a heroic boast challenge as well!

"Licktoads? I eats you Licktoads for lunch, kindas' gamey....Vorka gonna cook you though anyway!" The exiled goblin took on his challenge with a misaligned toothy grin.

(seriously though..that "Ok, I'm ready now" line made me smile on this rather cold morning, thank you xD)

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

HHHHH-nnnnnnn! Khuurargh hisses in pain as the flames wash over him. His eyes widen in alarm as the fire spreads to the ship's rigging...

...and so he scrambles up ahead of the flames, flips around the mast to build momentum, then whirls around and leaps down, sword flashing out, launching himself at Vorka like a hissing thunderbolt. Wind, fire and smoke rushing past his ears, he aims to land on his feet upon the upper deck behind Vorka and the dogs, shield ready, blade biting.

Spoiler
    Show

ARRIGHT! COME ON! LETSCH DO DIS TING!

(1d20+14)[29] Athletics for all the climbing and jumping
    Size + (-2 if Rage no longer applies) Str + Charge + Weapon Enhancement + BAB - PA
    (1d20+8)[28] +1 from Crusader's Challenge!
    (1d4+7)[8] +1 from Crusader's Challenge!
    9 damage *2 = 18 damage.

Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2013-01-23 at 12:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

SamuraiGuy

Pausing just briefly to admire the manuver of Khuurargh, he reloads and fires his crossbow once again

Spoiler
    Show

Move Load
    Attack: (either Vorka or a dog if Khuurargh split her in two) (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

As Khuurargh climbed up the ship rigging in preparation in attack, they galley deck hatch burst up opened as a large muscled bound dog creature appeared. It looked like some hybrid abomination of rat and dog. Drool dripped from its toothy crooked maw, landing ten feet from Naknuk.

Speaking of Naknuk, it was his turn, he took an arrow the moment he saw the dog and sneered as he released that arrow hitting the creature in the neck. It reeled back for a moment with a deep raspy whine and shook its head back and forth with an angry growl and look of murder in its eyes.

And just as the furless muscled dog was hit, Vorka who was was prepared to shoot more flames at Khuurargh missed as she was distracted by her beloved mutt getting hurt. A moment later Skortch thrust his weapon into the dog he was fighting leaving it with a bad case of death and died with a pitiful whine.

"Aaargh...!! Cuddles! (the huge dog that just appeared) You goes and kills them good, mama make something great for you." The two combined balls of flames shooting completely over Khuurargh's head.
    =========

Sparky-
    Sir Squeeb-

and the the two malnourished dogs' turn

go!

Edit because I forgot Skortch ^^;
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-19 at 06:29 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Sparky

"Pokey pokey," the blue goblin teases as he thrust his spear at the second dog.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+2)[18] attack
    (1d4+3)[5] damage

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Squeeb rushes forward to just under the ladder leading up to Vorka and her pets, and readies to attack whatever comes into range first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Squeeb to R8
    Ready attack action for whoever gets close enough
    attack: (1d20+5)[11]+1 if Vorka
    damage: (1d4-1)[0]+1 if Vorka

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Sparky's thrust, infused with Sir Squeeb's rallying cry of rallying to make other's hit better because of his rallying awesome rally, struck that dog down dead. The malnourished dog fell to the ground next to his dead brethen. Perhaps it was a better fate for the two rather than be under the 'care' of one Vorka.

With the last regular dog felled and Vorka too far away, Sir Squeeb held in his actions, preparing himself in case he was attacked.
    ==============

Naknuk hissed at the monster dog as he was struck with Sir Squeeb's rally against the fiend. The inspiration he took from the small goblin put a smile on his face as he grabbed and arrow and took aim at the monster dog and released as then the arrow flew true and hit the dog in the leg who just growled in annoyance who then charged Naknuk in response while snapping his jaws only for Naknuk to whack him down with his bow. The whack does no damage as it is but a cinematic movement to justify the unsuccessful charge attack without the cliche of the monster dog overshooting.

and then Khuurargh came down on Vorka and hit her hard as the goblin staggered back and growled. She loudly hissed in pain as Khuurargh's weapon hit her sideways to her side. (what is he using anyway?)
    ====

-Skortch's turn.

map
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264

SamuraiGuy

Moves forward his spells limited to those that would endanger his companions, pulling his wand out as he does.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: P10
    Action: draw grease wand

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Vorka grunted in pain from the severe wound on her side, her smelly bloody dripped through her moldly garb. "I won'ts lets you live...I gonna makes ya crispy something good!"

She grunted and took a five step back as she thrusted her hands forward to shoot Khuurargh with the flames. But a sudden pain hit her hard on the inside as her fireball arched right over his head and fizzed out in the air.

"Well poopies."

Go Sparky!

and then Sir Squeeb!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Sparky

"Did someone say crispy?!" the young goblin laughs as he jumps up the stair and heads to Vorka. Once she is close enough he burps a cone of flame.

Spoiler
    Show

I don't have the map right now but if you can move Sparky to with in 15 feet of her he'll use the elixir of fire breathing he drank earlier in the fight.

(4d6)[17] dc 13 for half

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Sir Squeeb charges the monster dog! With much gusto. "HHHHHIIIIIIIIYYYYYAAAHHHHH!"

Spoiler
    Show
    attack(1d20+5)[22]
    damage[/roll]1d4-1[roll]
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2013-01-26 at 10:55 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Real damage
    (1d4-1)[1]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Vorka screeched and reeled as she found herself awashed in Sparky's flames. Her body licked...no, consumed as she dropped to the ground a fiery mess, lifeless. A small firecracker in her pocket exploded inconsequentially.

As for the monster looking dog, the popping noise startled it enough to find itself taking a small scar slice from Sir Squeeb's sword. It growled in annoyance.

go whoever's next

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Khuraargh gives his sword a flourish, burning flesh sloughing off the curved blade. He charges at the monster dog's back, blade low, angled for evisceration.

Spoiler
    Show

+1 BAB +2 Str +1 Size +2 Charge +1 Weapon +2 Flanking -1 PA
    (1d20+9)[13]
    +2 Str +1 Weapon +2 PA
    (1d4+5)[7]