New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default No Adventurers Allowed: Team Cockatrice Liver (IC)

Reverse Dungeon Crawl
    Team Cockatrice Liver
    Long ago, the Karackt carved out their niche in the multiverse as builders of demiplanes. Their works were highly sought after by your everyday retired epic wizard or secret society of important-artifact-hiding-away-ness, and other unfathomable beings with unintelligible goals.
    The Karrackt are no longer in business, and haven't been for eons. Some folks say they made their own new and improved world, packed up, and moved to it.
    The remains of their workshops lay in ruins deep in these woods, accessible from free-standing doorways in a clearing. Their creations have become an overgrown, tangled mess of a labyrinth, filled with many dungeons.
    Many creatures make their home here. Some wandered here and can't find their way out. Some have come here in hopes of accomplishing something. Some seem to have just been spawned by the labyrinth itself.
    In spite of (or perhaps because of) the many permanent inhabitants, adventurers come to this labyrinth to explore and pillage its many dungeons.

Dungeon!
    Spoiler
    Show

1sq=5ft
    []=Door (See details for quality and lock)
    x=Secret or concealed door (See details)
    Glow=Lichen
    Spoiler
    Show

Lichen:
    Rooms 1 (has 2); 3; 4

Room 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door (west, 8 from north): wooden, good, free
    Door (east, 7 from north): (concealed) stone, free, behind rubbish, trapped [trap: large net trap (CR1) (Find/Disable DC 21)]
    Door (west, 6 from north): iron, free, trapped [trap: pit trap (20 ft. deep) (CR1) (Find/Disable DC 21)]
    Door (west, 4 from north): (secret) down-sliding, gesture trigger
    Door (west, 2 from north): stone, locked
    Door (north, 9 from west): stone, locked
    Door (north, 1 from west): wooden, strong, free
    Ceiling: 18ft
    Lighting: Morning Light

The floor outside the three western non-secret doors in this room is ungrouted tile.
    The floor of this room is sand. Smooth stones, small cacti and other succulent plants with blooms are scattered about. The walls are exceptionally smooth and curve at the corners where one wall meets another, the floor, or the ceiling. Once per day, an unseen servant with an equally unseen rake combs delicate patterns in the sand. The sand gives off light as bright as morning.
    This room also contains several stone benches. Two Lichen grow in this room, one on a rock, on under a bench.

Room 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door (west, 4 from north): wooden, good, free
    Door (north, 8 from west): wooden, good, locked
    Ceiling: 18ft
    Lighting: Low light (moon light)

The walls of this room are tall hedges which arch upwards towards the ceiling. At the apex of this arch, moonlight shines through an opening in the hedges, casting low light throughout the room. A pool of water is at the center of the room.

Room 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door (west, 2 from north): wooden, good, free
    Ceiling: 13ft
    Lighting: None

The walls and floor are loose earth and the remains of stone tiles. Vines run across the floor. The ceiling is loose earth and roots. Mold, moss and ferns grow near cracks in the walls. One Lichen grows on the south wall of this room, near the ceiling.
    Time affects this room differently. For every round that passes in this room, 1d6 pass outside of it. A creature leaving or entering this room takes 1d6 rounds to pass through the threshold. (During which time it gets no actions, but no other creatures can affect it either.) Time spent passing through the threshold of this room does not count against the duration of spells or effects, or grant extra rounds of fast healing or the like.

Room 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door (east, 5 from north): wooden, simple, locked, side-sliding, trapped [trap: arrow trap (CR1) (Find/Disable DC 21)]
    Door (west, 5 from north): wooden, simple, locked
    Ceiling: 12ft
    Lighting: None

This room has brick walls, a wooden ceiling with rafters, and a wood floor that creaks when walked upon. (Below the floor is a crawl space 3-6 feet deep with an uneven earth bottom.) A 10 gallon clay pot in this room holds a bush with strange fruit. Water trickles from one area of the ceiling, on the south wall.
    The walls of this room have a ledge that extents 2 feet from the wall and is 2 feet up. If a creature stands on this ledge they get a bonus from attacking from higher ground against another creature of their size category or small.
    A Lichen grows in this room, on the floor in the southeast corner.

Room 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door (east, 3 from north): (secret) rotating wall, pressure-plate trigger
    Door (west, 3 from north): wooden, simple, locked
    Ceiling: 9ft
    Lighting: Negates light supernaturally, but creatures with darkvision can see.

The floor of this room is moist dirt and moss. A willow grows near the center, despite the fact that the room is always dark. (Sources of light with a spell level below 3 do not illuminate anything in this room.)

Room 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door (south, 2 from west): iron, stuck
    Ceiling: Sky
    Light: Midnight

Spoiler
    Show

The arched doorway of this room opens up to a clearing in a quiet grove of fruit trees with the starry midnight sky above. The door stands in the center of this clearing.
    At one end of the clearing, there is a small dark hole in the ground in through which the sound of running water can be heard.

Room 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door (east, 3 from north): wooden, good, stuck
    Ceiling: 17
    Light: None

The walls and floor are loose earth and the remains of a mosaic tiled floor. The ceiling is loose earth and roots The walls between this room and the next room (or hallway) are actually just thick tangles of plant growth.

Room 8
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door (west, 1 from north): wooden, simple, stuck
    Ceiling: 13
    Light: None

This room has brick walls, a wooden ceiling with rafters, and a wood floor that creaks when walked upon. (Below the floor is a crawl space 3-6 feet deep with an uneven earth bottom.)

DAY 2; Combat Round 2. Map.
    Post here in [spoiler] to make modifications to the dungeon. You can continue to discuss in OOC, but modifications won't be made unless posted here. (To avoid confusion.)
    Also, don't forget to post where you are stationed and what minions you are with.

You can also chat or discuss in character.
    Last edited by begooler; 2012-10-02 at 02:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: No Adventurers Allowed: Team Cockatrice Liver (IC)

I want to set up in Room One.

Question: How wide-ranged is the trigger area for a trap of Message?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll be setting up in Room Two or room six along with Loki's character. Probably have my minions split between the two rooms, or one in 2 and one in the central chamber
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

4. - Top - End - #4

I'll be based in room 1, because it's central enough for a quick response. Also, could we hide the Lichen in room 4?

5. - Top - End - #5

I'll be setting up in room 8, but mostly walking the halls as a roving guard due to my scent ability.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

6. - Top - End - #6

Several monsters (that's you guys!) make themselves comfortable in their new home.

End Day 0. Begin Day 1.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Okay then. I'll spend one Beryllium to make the flooring immediately outside the northeast door and the three non-secret west doors of Room One into ungrouted tile.
    Oh, and something I added to my charsheet retroactively (I hope that's okay, as nothing's really started yet): A set of Masterwork Artisan's Tools to be shared by everyone, to help with dungeon-improving.

Edit: Also, an untrained Craft check to make the tile cracks on the next square down the hall from the northeast door: [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-09-12 at 06:22 AM.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8

The dungeon gets some minor modifications to the flooring in some of its halls, but the day is otherwise uneventful.

End Day 1, Begin Day 2.

A few hours into the day, The Virago's floating eyeball minion detects adventurers arriving in the hallway between Room 2 and 5. They will be here in (1d6)[5] rounds.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

In the first round, I slither at top speed (60 feet, double move if needed) to Room 2, and stop at the edge of the pond.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10

First round? Eveline gets out of the pool she was bathing in and dresses, picking up Adron and using frozen fabricate to also form an ice javelin. She tucks it neatly under her arm and awaits round two to move towards the hallway.

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I reshape myself into a sort of spiderwebby mesh ball and hover over the center of the pond. My Xorn minion goes to room 5, just inside the door to the hall the adventurers will come in, to guard. My kuo-toa goes to the pond and hides low in it. I am now ready for them to arrive.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12

I'll move to room 2. Three rounds before they arrive, I cast Mage Armor. Two rounds before they arrive I use my Detect Thoughts SLA and my wand of Disguise Self to take the appearance of an Half-Celestrial Elf with minor injuries and torn clothes. One round before they arrive I cast Ghoul Touch.
    Disguise roll:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+29)[49]
    Last edited by TiaC; 2012-09-14 at 12:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Spoiler
    Show
    If everyone is satisfied with their preparations, you can all make spot/listen checks, and hide or move silently checks if you are doing so. If you have minions in the area and haven't made note of their positions, make sure you do.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+7)[25]
    Listen: (1d20+3)[18]
    Kuo-Toa's Spot: (1d20+7)[22]
    Kuo-Toa's Listen: (1d20+2)[21]
    Kuo-Toa's Hide: (1d20+2)[20]
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15

Surprise Round

An elf appears from around the corner and calls out to the disguised Raj.
    "Wait! Are you all right?"
    She runs to catch up to him.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show
    (You can edit)
    Kitmolo can hear the footsteps of at least two creatures in the hall. It also sees a flickering light from under the door.
    Kitmolo (only) gets one standard action in the surprise round, then initiatives!
    Last edited by begooler; 2012-09-20 at 12:28 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

"They're coming, run! I'm the last, no more spells, no more breath, no more time. Thank the gods! Please protect me!"
    I'm rambling, trying to seem harmless and scared.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Spending one mote on a Homing Shot. (3/2)+1=2.5, I assume it rounds to 2. Both shots are sent at the Elf (barely in range). Cover is ignored, concealment is not.
    Ranged touch attack: (1d20+7)[27] Second: (1d20+7)[24]
    Concealment miss chance (miss on 1-20): (1d100)[22] Second: (1d100)[57]
    Damage if I hit: (1d3)[2] Second: (1d3)[1].
    My mote total is now 1.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-09-20 at 06:52 AM.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18

Both shots hit the elf who looks around for their source.
    The elf wears no armor, and instead a linen shirt and pants and boots. On her belt is a rapier and a short sword. The rapier glows, providing illumination as a torch. She has gold hair, and violet eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raj can also make out a female gnome at the end of the hallway, accompanied by a medium sized air elemental. The gnome has a dark complexion, white hair, leather armor made from woven reptilian hide (a chain shirt of sorts, but of woven leather strips,) and has a light mace on her belt. He can also see the shadows of at least one other figure near the door to Room 5, but this one is out of his line of sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge local gives information about specific racial variants.

End Surprise Round. Begin Round 1.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current turn order is;
    Raj
    The Gnome
    Eve
    Kitmolo
    Ardon
    The Human
    Then the elf.

I'm waiting to see if other people enter combat, but since they haven't rolled initiative, they can just delay for the round. Raj's turn.
    Last edited by begooler; 2012-09-28 at 06:26 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Ok, the map won't let me edit, but I'll move up next to the gnome(to the southeast) and drop a glitterdust on the gnome, his elemental and the third adventurer. I believe I can still do this if squares are 10 feet.
    DC 18
    Then I make an attempt to bluff that I fumbled my casting, "Oh Gods, I'm so sorry! I was trying to cast a spell of protection over us. The demon cursed me, so even cantrips require effort but I never meant for this to happen. Oh I'm so sorry please forgive me!"
    Last edited by TiaC; 2012-09-22 at 10:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Saves:
    Gnome:(1d20+10)[16]
    Elemental:(1d20+1)[10]
    Human:(1d20+12)[26]

21. - Top - End - #21

Raj can now also see a Human, who wears a breastplate and carries a shield, and no weapon, but wears a musical horn around her neck. She has silver hair.

The Gnome
    The Gnome, rubs her eyes. "I can't see! Restrain it; it must be possessed!" She casts a spell, whipping her arms in an arc, conjuring sand that is flung in all directions. She then stumbles towards the Human.
    Spoiler
    Show

Cast defenesively.
    (1d6)[1] non-lethal damage. (Raj and Air Elemental are hit)
    Reflex DC 17 for half damage.
    Stunned for one round on failed save.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elemental's save: (1d20+9)[13] (Immune to stun)

In Auran, she orders the elemental to hinder Raj's casting.
    The elemental (also blind) forms itself into a whirlwind as tall as the hallway (15ft), and moves to Raj's position.
    Spoiler
    Show

-4 penalty to Dex, -2 AC, can't see beyond 5ft
    DC 15+ spell level concentration to cast a spell
    (Raj is too large to be subject to being picked up or taking damage, but smaller creatures might be. The whirlwind does not restrict Raj's movement.)
    The whirlwind also creates a cloud of debris, that hinder casting and vision as described above.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kitmolo's turn.
    Last edited by begooler; 2012-09-24 at 02:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

BardGuy

On his turn, Ardon will buff himself with True Strike. Also, my two Iron Defenders should be on the map.

Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+0[/roll]
    Last edited by Loki_42; 2012-09-24 at 02:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Turn-start automatic effect: Mote regen brings me to 3 motes.
    Move action: Fly out the door to the square on the left side of the hall, same row as the "5" on the map.
    Swift Action: Evoke Vigil of Candles for one mote per round. I'll trigger the penalty on any attack on myself or an ally, including on Raj (seems like the trick is up).
    Standard action: Evoke Homing Shot for one mote. (Both shots target the elf, so I only make one attack roll. Misread it last time).
    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To-hit:(1d20+7)[15]
    Damage:(2d3)[5]

Mote total is now 1.

In Terran:
    "Leave this place"
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-09-24 at 03:43 PM.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #24

Did the gnome overcome my SR? It's 27.
    Reflex Save: (1d20+13)[30]

25. - Top - End - #25

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, forgot. CL check: (1d20+5)[25]

Kitmolo's attack hits the Elf, though she just barely fails to dodge out of the way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unless it wasn't a touch attack, in which case, it misses.

Ardon, held by Eveline, casts his spell in prepartion to attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently, its an enemy's turn, but I will wait for Icarus to roll init for Eveline before proceeding...
    Last edited by begooler; 2012-09-24 at 06:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Rolling initative. Eveline is carrying an ice javelin tucked under one arm(wielding), and Ardon in the other.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative rolls!

(1d20+2)[19]

27. - Top - End - #27

Spoiler
    Show
    Eveline can act now, afterwards, her place in the initiative order will be just before Kitmolo.

28. - Top - End - #28

The Virago tilts her head curiously as the sounds of movement drift from the hallway to her left.

"It seems someone else got to the intruders first. Perhaps we should assist?" She croons to Ardon, strolling casually towards the opening in the tall hedges surrounding them. As she does she allows the slender, delicate ice javelin she made to swing down and outward. Slowly she swirls the pointed tip, which begins to hum. The Hum quickly grows into a higher pitched whistle, the Virago stirring the small whirlwind into being even as she stops at the edge of the opening.

Tilting the tiny whirlwind up on the tip of her fabricated weapon she blows ever-so-gently into it, and places it down gently. It spins briefly, kicking up dirt, then hurtles down the hallway, bringing with it the sharp cold of winter's kiss and spraying snow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to the hallway between 2 and 5, Then using Boreal Whirlwind To create a tiny snow-whirldwind thingy. It'll grow to Small size at the end of her turn. She uses a swift action to make it move, traveling until it hits the elf(Using a free action to avoid effecting Kit of course). All the squares it passes(from its spot back to the corner of the hallway) are now covered in deep snow. The Elf takes (2d6)[6] damage, and ahs the shiveringeffect placed on it(-2 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks and ability checks. The shivering effect lasts one round or until the affected creature gets away from the area) Environmentally, the effect obscures line of sight for one round(so from The elf's spot to in front of the Virago is obscured for a round)

Also rolling for Frigid Demesnes, 20% chance of lowering temperature one step. So I'll be choosing 20 or lower on a d100:P
    (1d100)[67]

29. - Top - End - #29

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay. I missed that this was updated.

The Human
    The shield bearing woman conjures a whip of energy and flicks it towards the gnome. The dust obscuring the gnome's vision is cleared, and she can see again.

The Elf
    The elf strikes at Kitmolo once with each of her swords, then gives a twirl and teleports 10 feet back. She would have more insight into how to best attack Kitmolo if it was a living creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    (Triggers Kitmolo's action if it wants; I'll edit accordingly. Try to decide before you look at the dice rolls.)
    Spoiler
    Show

-2 on attack for shivering, already factored in
    Rapier (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: (Magic, Piercing) (1d6+2)[5] + (1d6)[1] (extra dice, but not sneak attack)

Short Sword: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: (Magic, Piercing) (1d6+1)[7] + (1d6)[2] (extra dice, but not sneak attack)

Spoiler
    Show
    Kitmolo can decide to react, then it's Raj's turn.

End Round 1. Begin Round 2.
    Last edited by begooler; 2012-09-28 at 06:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Causing the -3 penalty to attack and damage (On any attack on me or an ally within 5 feet) costs me absolutely nothing (as long as I'm paying the mote cost to sustain the aura that lets me do that). Assume I'm giving the penalty to any attack on me or any ally within 10 feet unless I say otherwise. Also, both attacks would have missed whether I used it or not.

Oh, and the Homing Shot is a touch attack. Here's a link to the class if you've lost it and you want to confirm anything I'm saying.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-09-28 at 03:46 PM.
    My Homebrew