Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 214
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default The Legion War (IC)

    Years have passed since Legion has taken control of his empire. Since his reign, countless unspeakable crimes have been committed against the people that remain upon the continent. 85% of the continent currently belongs to the empire, with the remaining stage to a war between a resistance that was driven from their homes, and the empire itself. This is the story of a trio, working under a resistance leader named Dunkel Ortega Char.

    Day passes fast for the working soldiers, preparing for the latest raid on Legions territory. As night starts to fall, and the soldiers were preparing to attack, a messenger sought out each of the three in turn.

    Max Cazon

    Spoiler
    Show
    An elf runs up to you and bows, speaking then in a fast tone. "Master Dunkel wishes to see you in his quarters sir. He says you are not to take part in this raid."


    Lucinda Bellrose

    Spoiler
    Show
    As you focus on your preparations, a young woman walks up to you and starts speaking quietly. "O-our boss said you need to meet with him. Y-you k-know where." As soon as she's done, she starts backing away quickly.


    Jaron Heckell

    Spoiler
    Show
    The well built man you have come to respect as your commanding officer approaches you at your work. "We have business to handle. Come with me Jaron, i have a mission for you and your companions." Dunkel waves at Jaron, and starts off for his tent.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    Hefting up his Earthbreaker of deep crystal, Max stares at the elf, and then sighs. "So, I don't get to go out?" Max walks to the elf, and rights him. He hated bows. Looks too much like slavery, or off putting.

    Max bypasses the elf with a nod for respect, and makes his way to the tent/quarters of his superior of this branch. he waits on the outside, making his presence known, in case someone is inside.
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-09-21 at 10:18 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Jaron looked up from his desk. Various vials and glassware were scattered across it, a few contained hissing and bubbling liquids. "I'll be with you in a minute sir."

    Looking back down to his desk, he saw that one of his vials had bubbled over. A light yellow froth spilled onto the table and abruptly caught fire. Cursing to himself, he grabbed another vial of a deep blue liquid and dumped it on the growing fire. There was a muted "pop" as the flames were extinguished. A steamy vapour rose from the table leaving a new scorch pattern behind. Checking that nothing else was likely to boil over, Jaron followed Dunkel into his tent.


    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show


    Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Lucinda offers a flourishing, well practised bow "Thank you kindly and may fortune always smile warmly upon you and your loved ones! Come along now Nym we get to see Uncle Dunkel!" The bird flies onto her shoulder and chirps happily in response. They skip merrily towards the designated spot spreading cheer to all who come in their path. She gets to the designated location and finds a comfortable spot to sit in, awaiting the arrival of her superior.
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Lucinda arrives first, letting herself in to the commanders meeting room, with Max arriving shortly after her, waiting outside. Afterwards both Jaron and Dunkel arrive together, Dunkel gesturing to Max to follow him in. Once all four were seated, with the Commander in his nice chair, the Commander turns to the three of them and starts to speak. "Its nice to see the three of you here so promptly. The three of you have become my most trusted allies upon my branch of this war, and for you i have a private mission. Our men are set to raid a local military base, as you full well know, looking to requisition supplies. For the most part that is true, but our soldiers are also to be a diversion. Legion is predictable. Stupid and predictable. This camp has the main outpost a good distance away from the stores, but when we attack, they will surely release their guards within the command outpost to help defend their camp. I want you three to attack the base. You are three are some of the strongest i have in my camp, and you don't have the kill on sight designation i have to boot. Your target is some paperwork describing the transport schedules. Your signal will be the same as our second wave. You are to position yourselves near the gate." He stands up and holds out a small package. "Acid for the fencing, courtesy of our friend here. Use it to get yourselves in. Kill anything that gets in your way" He returns to his seat, facing away. "You are dismissed. You have half an hour to prepare. Don't fail us. This is crucial information."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    "We're sending out a whole movement of men, albeit willing to die for the cause, so three people can shred some paperwork?" Max is openly, not upset. He's still standing from whence he first showed up in the quarters, and has his earthbreaker proudly draped around one shoulder, and clasped in his right hand. The idea is smart, well planned, and everything, however, as a gauge, he simply wants to feel out the commander's "remorse". not so much a fan of this commander, Max steps on his toes constantly.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    "Collect paperwork, Max. We needs those schedules to intercept their movements. And you know as well as i do, that this mission is in addition to our original plan. Don't make me regret choosing you for this."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    "Of course, Sir. I'll make sure that's in some of the eulogies." Max hefts up his giant hammer, and leads himself out of the doorway, entering general mode as his team gathers with him.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Jaron took the package from Dunkel, being the only one trained to handle such dangerous substances he was probably best suited to carrying it. After listening to the mission brief, he left the command tent quickly, intending to head back to his makeshift lab. As he leaves, he notices that Max seemed to be wanting to have a word with both himself and Lucinda.

    "I'll just be a moment."

    Hurrying back to his tent so as not to keep the other two waiting, he quickly collects various vials and tubes. He dumped the contents of some on the grass, others he mixed together before sealing and pocketing. After a few minutes work, his lab was packed and portable again. He rejoined his companions again shortly after, a grin on his face.

    "Right, are we ready to go?"


    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show


    Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Lucinda giggled "Now don't frown, Uncle Dunkel, it gives you wrinkles and I know how self conscious you are about your age!" With a wry smile and a quick curtsy she leaves quickly trailing behind Max who seemed like in a glowering mood. :So why are you such a grump? I think you should be happy getting out and doing something and lives will not be lost if we do our job properly. We just need to think positive!" She gives an impish grin "Five gold and a nights worth a drinks says I can take out more Legion lap dogs than you!"
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    Max scoffed as the team got together, being called grumpy made him give a soft chuckle. "Not grumpy, just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. Make sure you have everything you need, and meet me at the gates in fifteen to make it out on time for the wave." Max taps his hammer on his shoulder, signaling that their own 'meeting' was over. And with that, he moved to his tent again, to make some last minute notes on some maps or other key information he's gathered with other members of the units.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Within five minutes of the moment Max dismissed the meeting, the signal for the first wave was given. The noise echoed through the camp, and the sounds of combat could be heard quietly in the distance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If nobody has anything to do, i'll move to the point where the group is meant to meet up.


    After the fifteen minutes is up, from the gates, anyone present can see the bulk of the second wave prepared and waiting for their signal. They have five minutes left before the signal, and their own attack.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    Resting his hammer across his right shoulder, the imposing figure waits for the rest of his team to gather, before they set off for their mission.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Lucinda hums absently, content with her preparations.
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Jaron shifted his heavy backpack on his shoulder and did a quick check of his pouches to make sure nothing would leak. Glancing at the others and seeing they're also ready, he sets out towards their destination.


    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show


    Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    Being the slower of the three, due to his armor's weight, Max is contempt with being multiple feet behind the other two. however, when it begins to be 50 or so feet, he double moves to close the distance.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    The signal for the second wave sounds, and as the sounds of the charge can be heard, the party can notice in the distance a number of guards running from the main headquarters that the party can see vaguely towards the commotion, knowing full well what is going to happen. The party stops when it reaches the fence, not a gate in sight, but the building they are going to raid right beyond it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free reign now.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    Assuming everyone reaches the gate at the same time, Max assumes a given right to be the leader, for he is the one with the large weapon, and armor. He snares a quick look around, but gives a light grasp to Jaron's shoulder, to go ahead and okay the placement of the key to the fence.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to notice anyone:(1d20+11)[17]
    Also, knowledge psionics to notice anything extra ordinary as is:(1d20+8)[18]

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Lucinda gingerly skips along behind Max, appearing to be aloof but actually focusing on everything around her. She knew max like to take charge and he did have a good head on his shoulders but he was sometimes just not subtle enough. Why use a hammer when needle would word? She knows that the situation will get ugly she was just focused on looking for a more efficient way of dealing with it. All of the soldiers could not be branded as evil, in fact most were probably either transcipted against their will or trying to feed their families. So paying particular attention to their route, Lucinda looks for the simplest means of entry so they can complete their objective while limiting loss of life.

    Spoiler
    Show
    She will cast mage armor on herself as part of her prep
    perception (1d20+14)[23]

    spells for the day:
    0:
    Detect magic
    Dancing Lights
    Message
    Guidance

    1:
    Mage armor (used)
    Ear Piercing Scream
    Enlarge person (for max )
    Peacebond (in case we run into some officer not prepared for us)
    Silent Image

    2:
    Glitterdust
    Hold person
    Web
    Darkness
    Blindness/Deafness

    3:
    Ray of Exhaustion
    Stinking cloud
    Suggestion
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Lucinda/Max

    Spoiler
    Show
    You see little of interest that you don't already see once the soldiers have moved out.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Humming quietly to himself, Jaron produced the vial of acid from his pouch and ambled forward to set it to work on the fence. He splashed it over a wide section without ceremony, it'd take a few moments for it to eat all the way through the metal and there was nothing to do but wait while it did so. He took the oppertunity to reach into his pockets and start mixing an extract. As he crushed various plant roots and berries, he added a healthy dose of an ominous looking blue liquid. The mixture, once complete, almost looked like water, only a slight greasy texture to the liquid giving away its true nature.

    Glancing up from his work, he saw that the acid had finished its job. He pocketed his extract and, accompanied by the faintest metallic scraping, drew his Rapier.

    "The way is open my friends."

    OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming the acid will take about a minute or so to burn through the fence, Jaron will use that time to prepare a "True Strike" extract then draw his Rapier


    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show


    Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    Max nods, and pushes forwards through the fence. He aims his hammer directly forward, not so much threateningly, but readying himself for some danger. If all goes smoothly, he walks to the side of the target, waiting for the rest of the team.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Lucinda walks by and a dreamy expression fills her face as her humming grows silently into a quite song in elven... Anyone who knew her could tell she was keeping her magic built up and ready for any unwary soul who met them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied Action: Slumber when the first hostile target is spotted DC 22 will save or fall asleep for 6 rounds
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    As the party gets into position, a man turns the corner behind them. Startled suddenly, Lucinda is given enough time to turn on him and release her magic, the young soldier falling on his face asleep.

    Spoiler
    Show
    He failed the save miserably. Not like he had a chance of making it.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    Max looked around, and then motioned the other two to go forward, while he hefted the legs of the knocked out guard. Dragging the body along, he stashed it in a dark shadow, coming up behind the others.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception:(1d20+11)[19]

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    On the Ragetrain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Lucinda gives a whimsical smile and giggles lightly, looking at Max "One for me, first blood!" She then resumes her song dancing slightly as she moves.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+14)[15]
    readied action: Slumber hex
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    "Not first blood if all you do is put them to sleep with a lullaby." Max reaches over and pats the witch's back with a smile however. "But, great job never the less."

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Comissar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    As they walked along, Jaron carefully pulled out a small case of a dark brown resinous substance. Taking great care to not let it touch his skin, he applied a smear of it to the tip of his blade.

    OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jaron will be applying one dose of Blood Root to his Rapier as they walk. He doesn't run the risk of poisoning himself thanks to a class skill.


    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show


    Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    As you and your gang of merry men circle around the building towards the backdoor, you hear very little in the way of activity inside the building, in fact, you hear nothing more, period. It has only been a minute or two since you knocked out the sentry, who had come from this direction, and there has yet to be any lights on besides the one outside the door itself.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-10-02 at 12:32 AM.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

    Max

    Max goes for the door, and checks for the sounds of whispers or snores.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception:(1d20+11)[24]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •