New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Post Seizure of Silara IC

The freighter jolts slightly as it exits hyperspace.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have just arrived in the Silara system, and should reach the dock inside of half an hour. Please gather your belongings, and be ready to exit the ship in a timely manner."

There is a sudden bustle as people pack together their kit, form into groups, and generally prepare for arrival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Seizure of Silara IC

Dennisk looks up from his holo-chess, a bit thankful that the Wookie had only played one-Dennisk wasn't sure he'd have survived thrashing a Wookie at chess twice-besides, he wasn't sure that he was going to survive the trip down anyway. Aside from ship problems, Dennisk saw a group of strangers talking in a corner, but they didn't act like strangers. Dennisk didn't like any conspiracy- well, that he wasn't a part of, anyway. Speaking of which, he glanced around the ship and saw his conspiracy doing a fantastic job of staying indiscreet- nobody should suspect anything or anyone of being a Republic task force. Except maybe those strangers in the corner. Could the Republic have sent a second team, as insurance, or even to watch the first....?

The ship jolts Dennisk out of his reverie as it exits hyperspace, and he deactivates the chess set, gathers his belongings, checks his watch, and tries to look inconspicuous out of habit. He keeps an eye out for his team and joins the correct departure group.
    Requiescat in pace. WELP, nevermind

Spoiler
    Show
    "Evacuate now? In our moment of triumph?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Malcolm Bright- Human Scout
    Dennisk Bri-yon, Bothan Scout/Soldier
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

3. - Top - End - #3

As Carud got up and said his goodbyes to the wroonian female he'd been trying to get to know and falinig in his estimation he refelcted, Kal'buir said he was preparing us for anything, but i think he may have missed some things. Carud collects his things and get in position to disembark from the ship.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-01-24 at 03:07 AM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lucien, having completed meditation shortly before the announcement, finally stood to stretch out his legs. It felt like this new training routine his master taught was actually working. He could feel a stronger connection to the force, and his body moved with a lightness that wasn't there a few hours ago.

He began packing up his belongings in preparation for arrival at their destination. "I should probably see out my master after I'm done packing," he thought.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Geoffrey was passing time working on a bit of code for a custom operating system he'd been writing. 'Only twenty-six more errors I must correct before...'

The Ryn stands up from reflex as the ship recoils from hyperspace travel-

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking..."

Closing the applet in his bracer computer, he picks up his gear bag and heads for the ship's central antechamber.
    Last edited by Kydell; 2013-01-24 at 02:35 AM.

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    The Witchknife: a Psionic-less Soulknife
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Lenfrey Coyne, Ratfolk Sin Eater Inquisitor
    Mazer Mandrill, Gnome Saboteur Alchemist
    Ridley Rysewell, Half-Elf Carnivalist Rogue
    Star Wars Saga Edition
    Geoffrey Bears, Ryn Scoundrel

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

The dark skinned young man rolled off his cot at the sound of the captain's voice. He ran a palm over his bald pate, to help shake off the cobwebs of sleep. He stumbled to the washroom, and splashed some water on his face to complete the job, then stumbled back to his bunk, gathered his belongings, strapped on his weapon, and stumbled into the common area to prepare to debark.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #7

AssassinGuy

The ship suddenly shakes again, causing many passengers to stumble.

The intercom system again crackles into life.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my apologies. We have just been locked in the tractor beam of a Federation cruiser, and I have been ordered to transmit the following message."

There is a wash of static, and worried murmers which immediately die into silence when a new voice comes on.

"Intelligence informs us that the Jedi Knights Kerere, Maeve Elisi, and Por La are aboard this vessel."

"Jedi! Hear this! Unless you immediately give yourselves up, this vessel will be summarily destroyed."

"You have 10 minutes to report to the docking bay, where a prison shuttle is now docking."

"I repeat, if you are not at the docking bay in 10 minutes, this vessel will be destroyed."

In the aftermath of this announcement, there is shocked silence, and then the sound of general panic. Passengers futilely scramble for the escape pods, while bounty hunters prep for vacuum.

The intercom once again sounds, cutting through the hubbub. The captain's voice, even in these circumstances, remains calm and reassuring.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please remain calm. You are advised that all escape pods have been locked down, so attempting to flee is useless. To allow the Jedi greater freedom through the ship, please return to your cabins immediately."

Surprisingly, the scared passengers mostly obey him, although shouts still ring through the ship, calling on the Jedi to give themselves up.
    ..... that was the coolest way I've ever seen some one ask for permission to betray everything.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Vo Dusk

Vo Dusk heads down to the docking bay. This could end up being a good show, and he wasn't one to miss a good show.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lucien
    Gingerly placed his belongings back in his pack, he took a moment to examine the contents. His mind wandered back home, and how far he's come since leaving Alpheridies. "I wonder how the everyone's doing," his mind wondered.

After a moment, he shook his head. "Where has Master gotten to," he spoke aloud. His packing complete, Lucien slung the mesh pack onto his back and stepped out into the hallway. Just then a shift in the force, a woman walking by lost her balance as the ship shuddered. Lucien reached out to brace her, his balance supported by the door frame.

"Are you alright?" he asked, the glow of the force indicating her particular aura. Static from the comms blared interrupting her response, followed by the message...

"I should seek Master post haste," he thought as the throng of people surged towards the escape pods.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Vi

As the captor's voice talked, Viridian grabbed his blaster and start looking around, as if not knowing what to do. Then he began moving to the docking bay, trying not to attract extra attention. He knew, that his master will contact him if he's needed, and meanwhile, the best he can do is to maintain his cover.
    Last edited by Fearan; 2013-01-24 at 12:44 PM.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

11. - Top - End - #11

Carud cursing to himself, Fierfek we haven't even made it to the frakkin LZ yet and the plans going to osik. Carud UN-slings his blaster rifle and quickly looks around and then heads to the docking bay, thinking, If the Clankers wanted the Generals there going to get a fight as well.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-01-24 at 11:06 AM.

Character links

12. - Top - End - #12

'Ooh, this might be a bit more interesting than I'd hoped for,' Geoffrey thought as he hears the demands of the Federation. He then continues to the docking bay to get a front row seat.
    Last edited by Kydell; 2013-01-24 at 12:28 PM.

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dennsik is surprised, but surmises that he should have seen it coming. That group in the corner! Knew they were up to something, the shebs. Well, at least the passengers are clear- but what if somebody else tries something....either way, no way I'm going to let the Jedi down-they're probably on their way to surrender right now.

Dennisk quickly arms himself and sneaks to the docking bay, careful to stay out of sight.
    (1d20+10)[17]
    He catches himself, and calls upon his experience and training, being exceptionally careful to not be detected.
    28 as rolled in OOC
    Last edited by Blaknic; 2013-01-24 at 12:33 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

14. - Top - End - #14

AssassinGuy

@Padawans
    As Viridian turned towards the docking bay, he felt a hand on his shoulder. His master stood behind him, shaking her head.

Looking around, he saw the other two Jedi talking in hushed tones, while Lucien stood nearby.

@Others
    Most people seem to want to avoid the docking bay, and anything to do with the current situation. However, many of the more dangerous characters on the ship seem to think this is worth seeing, and a small crowd of people has gathered in one end of the docking bay. At the other end sits an attack shuttle, surrounded by a screen of at least 20 battle droids.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dennisk sees the familiar jawline (OOC: or something. He's been in the army for years, I am sure he can recognize a Fett clone when he sees one.) of a clone trooper and calls in Mandalorian over the comlink that a strike team assuredly set up frequencies for in advance.

There are only twenty of the metal shabs, and we have Jedi. You think we can take them, maybe pirate ourselves a shuttle once this bucket of bolts is clear?
    Last edited by Blaknic; 2013-01-24 at 01:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

As Vi felt his master's presence, he turned to her and bowed respectfully - it looked strange, coming from him in his cover, but still. He then nodded, showing, he understood Kerere's will, and asked
    - Would you rather have me be somewhere in particular, Master?
    Last edited by Fearan; 2013-01-24 at 01:44 PM.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dennisk sneaks around the edge of the room, trying to get a good look inside the attack shuttle. He looks around, then gets back on the com:

I wouldn't try anything until we are inside and they have no reason to blow the transport-they ship's cannons are manned. I count 28 of them, plus whoever is manning the guns and the helm. Fortunately, I think they are all that same battle droid, but I've frankly seen better odds. Anybody have a plan?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

18. - Top - End - #18

Carud acknowledged the two message and replays, I don't know, there are to many civilians to risk and we have no way of knowing, who the less savory type aboard will side with us or the Clankers, i just know we can't just surrender the Jedi.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-01-24 at 03:23 PM.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #19

Havrok

On the one had, Havrok didn't want to be anywhere near ship combat. One wrong shot and as far as he knew, the whole room might explode into space. On the other, a battle with jedi could be interesting. "With the ship in danger, they'll probably just surrender anyways." He decides to just get his belongings ready to disembark and wait in his quarters.
    Last edited by Keegan__D; 2013-01-24 at 05:03 PM.
    Most excellent custom avatar by Kymme!

20. - Top - End - #20

AssassinGuy

The Jedi straighten from their discussion, and activate their comm-links, speaking to all members of their team.

"Realistically, we only have a few choices."

"We can ignore the threat, but there was no hesitation in the threat we heard. There are 30,000 lives on this ship, and that would condemn them all."

"We can fight for control of the shuttle. However, facing the risk of the ship being destroyed, it is likely the mercenaries would turn against us. Also, even if we should succeed in taking the shuttle, we would have no chance of escaping from the cruiser behind us."

"Or, we can give ourselves in. We shall face an unknown fate, but the lives on this ship will be spared, and there is no risk to the other members of this task force."

"We know that you - all of you - would gladly lay down your lives fighting for our sakes."

"However, unless any of you can see an escape from this that we have missed, we ask that you let us go."

21. - Top - End - #21

Sir this Sargent Carud sir, I think we can take that shuttle, I've just been approached by one of the mercenary because of my Armour an informed and i quot.

"We ain't gonna go down without a fight. If the Jedi don't show soon, we're takin' that shuttle. Pass the word."

i did a quick head count and 30 or so mercenary's are ready to fight, if we time it right, with there help we can take that shuttle once we control it may be can use it sneak on to that cruiser.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2013-01-24 at 08:32 PM.

Character links

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Good thought, Craud, but that still means that the rest of the cruiser dies. Sirs, do you suppose we could sneak the whole task force in there? I could get in, and I think another few could, but.....anyway, my plan is this- You surrender-maybe with your padawans, if they don't think they can sneak up here- and we leave the cruiser so that the 'feds don't blow it up. Once in space, we take the shuttle and head for the surface, and whoever doesn't make it on board will rendezvous when we get to land. I don't make a habit of trusting people who have a tractor beam on my ship- who says they won't blow it up once you leave, anyway? If they are willing to kill 30,000 civs for just you three, no offence, what makes the civilians safe once you leave? Letting those civilians die is unacceptable- but I don't want you to throw your lives away, either.
    Last edited by Blaknic; 2013-01-24 at 09:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lucien

While the three brightly glowing Jedi Knights debated the next course of action, "There has to be another way," he thought, "how safe will they be if they continue with this course of thought?"

Lucien calmed his breathing. Going into a deep meditative state, he reached out his mind to secure a link with his Master's aura.

Images of the past, present, and future flew through his mind in a flurry. "Steady," he sighed.

Spoiler
    Show

Lucien is using the Farseeing power with Visions talent to see into his Master's near future fate if they surrender themselves.

(1d20)[14] | UtF: +16 vs Target's Will

-1 Force Point, temp Farseeing Power expended.

With a start, Lucien dropped out of his trance. Beads of sweat slid down his cheeks. Activating his own commlink "I think we should at least attempt to take the shuttle. They wouldn't destroy this ship while they have men on this ship would they?" he said while approaching his master.

Last edited by Pohtyatoh; 2013-01-24 at 11:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

'This is serious,' Geoffrey thought, 'if the jedi don't give themselves up, this ship is done for. On the other hand, if the jedi do go without a fuss, then this ship is still a possible bargaining chip. The safest place to be is wherever the jedi go--even if it means that shuttle.'

With that thought, Geoffrey started to meander as close to the shuttle as he could manage without drawing suspicion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth check [if needed]: (1d20+10)[26]

I'm the fast hero.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homebrew:
    Warlock Invocations
    Characters
    Pathfinder
    Star Wars Saga Edition

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koron Dloo made his way through the ship from another passenger's cabin where he was in the middle of learning a strange Holochex strategy. The second announcement gave good reason to drop the lesson. Coordinating through comlinks, Koron found the jedi knights as Dennisk was finishing his idea.

"I don't think they'll destroy the craft if our masters surrender. There are many of their citizens on board, and it's not as if any of them harbored us intentionally. Complying may be the best option unless we can get a full force to combat them. With the promise of jedi knights on their side, I'm certain that some of the citizens with weapons will join. How many droids are there?"

Koron searches for more answers from the Force as a plan is made.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search Feelings application of UtF with a Kel Dor reroll (for better) to see if attacking the shuttle with a force of at least 20 people from the bay and us could have a good outcome.
    (1d20+14)[26]
    (1d20+14)[34]
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

"Even if we do take the shuttle, what then? Anyone who boards it with us will just share our death sentence. At least this way, the rest of you may go free."

"Also, there is no guarantee that they won't open fire on the ship as soon as we attack the shuttle, or that the shuttle isn't fitted with some kind of self-destruct mechanism. And if the shuttle should be damaged in the firefight, we would be trapped on this ship, having doomed its passengers to death."

"Remember that Jedi are not soldiers, nor are they generals. We are guardians. We fight to protect others, and even give our lives for them if necessary. If you would risk your life to protect ten people, how can you complain about giving it up to save ten thousand?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dennisk thinks about this for a few minutes, then gets on the com.
    Sir, with your permission, I could take your lightsaber and surrender, posing as you. The Jedi, as you said, are not soldiers or generals, and we will need you once this mess is finished. What need will there be for an old trooper at the end of it all? Let me go. The confederates will be happy to have their Jedi, and you won't have to go like this-besides, the mission, at least in part, is to win the hearts of the people, for the Republic, and I know of nobody more qualified for that than the Jedi Order.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

28. - Top - End - #28

AssassinGuy

"Unfortunately, if our foes know our names, they most certainly know our faces. It is noble of you to offer, but this path is ours to walk."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dennisk looks at the comm for a few seconds, sighs, and begins to move away from the shuttle.

....Then may the Force be with you. It has been an honor, and far too short.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Game(s) Currently GM-ing

Current Characters:

Past Characters:
    Jack West, Ace Trainer

Former Games GM'd:
    Project Freelancer

30. - Top - End - #30

AssassinGuy

The Jedi briefly split up to say a final farewell to their padawans.

@Koron
    Maeve walks up to you, and smiles sadly.
    "I am sorry that we did not get a chance to know each other better, and that I cannot train you. I am sure that you would have been a very fine padawan..."

@Viridian
    Kerere walks up to you. Though you look downcast, she smiles.
    "It has come time for us to part. Here is one final lesson for you to meditate over."
    She cants a riddle-poem in Fosh.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I hide in your heart // and haunt your soul
    Your deeds direct // your doubts control
    Reveal the road // to rage and hate
    But faced, I fall // set free your fate"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry this is kind of crappy. I was in a hurry, so although I got the alliteration and rhyming, the meter is absolutely shot. If you solve it, drop me a PM with what you think the answer is ^^

Then she turns to go, and you see a look of sadness pass across her face.

@Lucien
    "The mission is in your hands now, and you are in great danger. However they found us out, it is likely you will be targeted. Remain strong in heart, and I am sure you will prevail."

"May the Force be with you, and remain with you, always..."

The intercom comes to life once more. Even the captain now sounds slightly concerned.

"The cruiser has just informed me that they will open fire in five minutes time. Jedi, if you can hear me, I know it is selfish, but... please."

"And that's our cue to leave."

Heads held high, the Jedi walk together towards the docking bay.
    Last edited by sean_hyer; 2013-01-25 at 06:56 PM.