New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

Lucinda is content to stay behind Max, singing softly in preparation for conflict, it was somewhat odd that the halls were empty. Usually during an attack people were scrambling here and there... she really hoped this wasn't a set up.

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like the blonde witch from hocus pocus
    Blarg...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Max

Spoiler
    Show
    You hear little of note, it almost sounds like the building is empty.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Max

Waiting for his team to get behind him, Max tries the door silently at first, but is ready to brutefully open the door.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Max

Spoiler
    Show
    The door doesn't open when you try calmly. Make a strength check to break the door down.

5. - Top - End - #35

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check:(1d20+5)[11]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Max heaves with all his strength into the door, but the door stands firm, leaving only the loud crack from the collision to note his attempt. The noise seems to startle those inside, because suddenly all at once yelling could be heard behind the door, although you can't understand all of it, you recognize orders to move into position.

7. - Top - End - #37

Max

Although his plan to barge in failed, he came up with another on the spot. He pulled the witch up front, but guarded her, giving her perfect line of sight to the door. From there, he slammed on the door with his earth breaker, giving Jaron plenty of time to come up with his own idea. Lucinda was protected by Max's body, until enemies could be seen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll on the door: (1d20+10)[16]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaron quickly realised that subtlety was being abandoned here. Without hesitation, he drank the concoction he had just brewed. Time seemed to crystalise as he did so, everything around him looked as though it were moving infinitely slowly. He knew with certainty that he could land a deadly blow on whoever came at him first, but he also knew that this feeling would not last long.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jaron is drinking the True Strike Extract

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Max smashes into the door with his hammer, the collision creating a loud crack as the door starts to splinter, but remains attached to the walls. Lights turn on and you can hear footsteps before your next swing.

Spoiler
    Show
    As everything was timed to the second, thats whatjusthappened. Next, i'm going to assume Max swings again, so no need to roll or anything.

His second and third swing smashes the door to pieces, the splinters flying around as you can see three people scrambling into position, a red outlined boar between you and the enemy. The boar snarls and holds it ground as it sees the party.

Spoiler
    Show
    This time around i'm giving you three the initiative, since you were prepared, and they weren't. Have at it. I'll geta map up tomorrow if you need it, but the doorway is five foot wide, so you can't share it

10. - Top - End - #40

Lucinda smiles and her song changes pitch and rhythmn as she begins to trace her fingers through the air in a noticible pattern. Instantaneously a cloud of thick noxious green fog materializes inside the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stinking Cloud DC 19
    Blarg...

11. - Top - End - #41

Max

Smart enough to not go inside the building, he moves his Witch teammate out of the open door, and stood in front of her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just going to back Lucinda up, and stand in front of her.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaron starts shaking in anticipation as he sees the Boar through the door. Hurriedly, he grabs a vial from his pockets and gave it a vigorous shake, mixing the pale green liquid with a dab of powder attatched to the underside of the lid. Almost instantly, the mixture began to heat up and froth. Without waiting, he threw it directly at the boar. With a loud bang, the concoction exploded violently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Woo, Bomb! Jaron can make 10 more bombs today.

He's using the Explosive Bomb discovery to increase the radius to 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the Boar on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Bomb to hit the Boar (including True Strike and Point Blank Shot) - (1D20+27)[28]

Normal Damage - (3D6+5)[19]

Fire Damage (if you need them seperate) - (1D6)[2]

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As the cloud forms, the Boar and one of the men behind it collapsing, the man looking like he's going to puke, as he tries to escape out of the cloud into the door behind him. As he tries, Jaron's bomb explodes, missing the boar but still spreading enough to hit the escaping man before he gets out the door. Of the remaining two, the first leaps through the cloud, roaring as he crashes into Max shoving Max backwards to make enough room for him to fight without being inside the cloud.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bull rush (1d20+11)[24]
    (1d20+7)[10]

To explain, the man Bullrushed Max back 5 foot, but failed to go any further, because Lucinda's CMD was better than his second check.

The other one backs out of the room, leaving his companion to fight the three of them as he closes the door, locking it.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-10-16 at 05:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Max

Being the strong type, max rears his weapon for a single blow across the man's body. He focused for the one hit, and devoured the man's body with his earthbreaker, in an attempt to knock the bloke out in one monstrous blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Expending my Psionic focus for Deep impact, along with Power attack and Furious focus.
    Attack:(1d20+10)[22] VS touch AC
    Damage:(2d6+11)[16] Using Power attack ,but without the penalty to my attack, due to furious focus.

Move action: regain Psionic Focus.

15. - Top - End - #45

Lucinda song reaches her crescendo then the tone and rhythmn changes altogether into a slower, deeper funeral song. Her finger are moving all the while in a slow decripit movement summoning forth a dark orb that she then launches out at the soldier caught in the fog.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ray of exhaustion DC 19 Fort fail and be exhausted, pass and be fatigues
    ranged touch attack (1d20+5)[23]
    Blarg...

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Annoyed with himself for fumbling such an easy throw, Jaron lunged forwards with his rapier at the nearest target. The tip of the weapon promised a particularly painful wound with the resinous toxins smeared on it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jaron will make an attack against the nearest viable opponent, moving as far as necessary to do so unless it would take him out through the other side of the fog cloud.

Attack Roll - (1D20+7)[26]
    Damage Roll - (1D6+1)[7]
    Crit. Confirm (if appropriate) - (1D20+7)[25]
    Additional Crit. Damage (if appropriate) - (1D6+1)[3]

If injured, the target will need to make a DC 12 Fortitude save against Blood Root. The poison remains on the rapier for another 3 succesful attacks thanks to the sticky poison discovery.

Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Saves
    (1d20+8)[21] vs. DC 12

(1d20+6)[16] Vs. DC 19

Max's Earthbreaker smashes into the light suit of chain armor his foe was wearing, the reverberations shaking the man cleanly to his core. As he focuses for a mere second, the man takes the second from the recoil to shove his sword upward into Max's gut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of opportunity(1d20+11)[27]
    Damage (1d8+3)[5]

Max takes 5 damage

Jaron's rapier thrust meanwhile finds its way right through the chain, piercing his skin as though he were unarmored, and causing the man to recoil as blood begins to leak out of the wound. In retaliation, he raises his longsword above his head with both hands, putting all his strength into it as he swings it this time towards Jaron, putting every ounce of strength he has into attempting to cleave the poor alchemist in two. Unfortunately for him, the nimble alchemist manages to avoid the attack easily, as though it were childs play.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage (1d8+10)[11]

The boar amongst the cloud gets hit by Lucinda's ray, and finds itself having a hard time trying to escape, as it tries to hobble out of range of the cloud, collapsing on the ground when it succeeds.

Spoiler
    Show
    As it stands, Max and Jaron are mano a mano with the soldier, and the boar is pretty much out of commission.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-10-19 at 09:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Max

Max attempts his attack once more, trying to fry the man's chances of attaining another hit like the first.

Spoiler
    Show

Expending my Psionic focus for Deep impact, along with Power attack and Furious focus.
    Attack:(1d20+10)[12] VS touch AC
    Damage:(2d6+11)[20] Using Power attack, but without the penalty to my attack, due to furious focus.

Move action: Regain Psionic Focus.

19. - Top - End - #49

Lucinda offers a small smile and a giggle "My, My Max, seems like you're losing your edge if it is taking you this long. I shall offer you my assistance dear friend!" She resumes her slow, soothing song and directs her focus on the injured soldier.
    Blarg...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The man falls victim to Lucinda's music, it almost seems like the strength drains out of him as he falls to the ground, snoring where he now lays. Within moments, the cloud fades away in the room, and once you look in, you see that the boar is no longer present either. You also see no sign of the other men who were present in the room before you entered.

21. - Top - End - #51

Max

Without wasting time, Max hefts his large hammer up, and drops it on the sleeping man's skull. The art of war is a merciless one, so he walks around the corpse out of respect, and through the empty room, to the next door.

22. - Top - End - #52

Lucinda skips along merrily and says a quick prayer for the fallen as she passes by. As they make it inside the other room she looks at the door where the other man left and looks expectantly to Jaron "You're up, Jar Jar, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a trap so you better do a good job!"
    Blarg...

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaron walks forwards quickly, sidestepping the body as he does so. He picked out a few different ingredients from his selection and, muttering to himself as he did so, started to add different amounts to a vial.

"Yes... Yes, that should do the trick"

Holding the vial carefully, he moved up to the door. Opening it quickly, he gave the vial a quick shake and then tossed it towards the first person he saw on the other side.

"Catch!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Once again, throwing an explosive bomb at the first target Jaron sees on the other side of the door. Radius of 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the target on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Attack Roll - (1D20+7)[11]
    Bomb Damage - (3D6+5)[16]
    Fire Damage - (1D6)[6]

Jaron has 9 bombs remaining today.

Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As Jaron looks into the next room, he ends up staying his hand. There is nobody in the hallway. Looking into the halls, he finds it goes both ways about 120 foot each, with doors on both sides sixty feet down each side, one door at each end down the hallway 120 foot away, and then one directly across the hall from the door Jaron opened. One door 60 foot down on Jaron's left is partially open, but other than that, there is no clue to where the escapees left to.

25. - Top - End - #55

Max

Walking in front of the other two, Max sets up his hammer out of the way of the door, and places his foot into the crack of the door. He looks around for anyone before he looks over to Jaron. He then whispers orders. "When I open this door, throw that in there, if you see anyone. Understood?" Without waiting for a response, he motions Lucinda behind him. "Stay behind me."

Max then waits for everyone to get into position, before he opens the door.

26. - Top - End - #56

Lucinda gets into position quietly singing to herself in preparation.
    Blarg...

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaron nodded silently, his fist clenched around the seemingly harmless vial. He gets ready to throw it at the first thing that moved beyond the door.

Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Max

Max creaks the door completely open, and then turned to allow Jaron perfect view of the room.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The room is devoid of people, but appears to be a small armory. There isn't that much left in the room, but there are a few well made short swords, and a few suits of chainmail remaining noticeably on the shelves.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Glancing around the room, Jaron saw it to be empty and moved forward cautiously. Once he was convinced that there really was nobody in there, he turned to his companions and gestured vigorously that they should move up with him.

Show