Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

Max

Max shrugs his hammer back into a rest over his arm, and points to the prisoner. With little hesitation, he yanks the man up by the manacles, and resumes heed through the door. "Onto the next room. Stay behind him, and let me lead."

Max walks down to the next unexplored room, and places the man against the closed door, where he can barely talk. "Anyone in there? If so, tell me now, or, they'll be attacking you."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

The man smiles as they leave the room. Once pressed up against the wall, he turns his head down the hallway, listening to Max talk in the meanwhile. As he does, a translucent arrow spirals at him, hitting the half-giant clean through the chest, and piercing through. Surprisingly, the strike doesn't draw blood, but instead releases both intense cold and electricity into the body, causing him to recoil a bit as the cold attempts to slow him down.
    As the arrow vanishes into thin air, having done its damage, the prisoner pulls his hands free, the manacles open within an instant, but he himself still held against the wall with strength he can't quite overwhelm.
    In the distance, there stand a man, dressed as an officer, holding a bow made of what appears to be Crystal, with a glare in his eyes. "That happens to be my man you are holding. Return him, and i'll let you free." He lobs a small ring down the hallway so it can be seen, cracks through the ring.

Spoiler
    Show
    Incoming Attack roll (1d20+12)[26]
    Damage (1d6+6)[7] done as cold damage
    Bonus Damage (1d6)[6]

Max takes 13 damage, 7 cold, 6 electricity.
    Make a Fort save DC 18 or have your speed cut in half for a round.

Next up, Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Max (1d20)[14]
    Lucinda (1d20+2)[7]
    Jaron (1d20+2)[3]
    Prisoner (1d20-1)[6]
    ??? (1d20+3)[8]

Surprise round is over, party may act in any order. You guys are in the hallway, which is pretty much five foot across and 120 foot long.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-11-08 at 12:45 AM.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinda pokes one eye out into the hallway, using the doorway as cover then begins to sing but this song is very gutteral and primal, the words are very dark and filled with mallice, calling forth invisible demons to scratch out the eyes of the poor victim.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well.... I don't have knowledge religion as a skill nor do i have a rank in it but I can make the check I will do so, if not ignore the roll
    (1d20+6)[25]
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-11-08 at 10:15 AM.
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

4. - Top - End - #94

Max

Feeling the adverse effects of the arrow, Max had never intended to charge the new target. The target right now was the pinned man. He kept body weight on the prisoner, and swung with forceful might at the foe, attempting to harm the prisoner enough to knock him out.

After his attack, max channels his martial power through to his weapon, enhancing it's powers greatly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Expand Psionic focus to make the attack touch AC. Power attack, with no penalty, due to furious focus.
    Attack:(1d20+10)[21] Damage:(2d6+11)[16]

Martial power: Metaphysical Weapon. Additional +1 enchantment to the Earthbreaker, lost 1 PP. Current PP: 28

Move action: Regain focus.
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-11-08 at 04:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95

Jaron hops from foot to foot, the narrow corridor was too long for him to get a bomb down and it would take too long to mix a new infusion at this point.

He leans close to Max and urgently whispered, "We need to get closer!"

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Max smashes his hammer against the man, who feels its shockwaves coursing through him. The officer across the hallway steps forward a good distance, holding one hand on the bow, as he places his other hand where the bowstring would be. Pulling on it, a new arrow of psychic energy formed, which he released to fire towards Max once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll (1d20+13)[19]
    Damage (1d6+12)[17] Done as Cold Damage. Max must make a Fort save DC 18 to move at full speed
    Shock Damage (1d6)[5]

As soon as his shot is fired, he hears the dark and malicious tone of Lucinda's music, the power of such music actually scratching out his eyes. The prisoner takes advantage of the sudden confusion, opening the door it would let him fall from where he was held, giving him a chance to scurry away into the room. Jaron finally finds his movement unimpeded as he passes by Lucinda to hide behind Max

Spoiler
    Show
    New round. Post in any order. Also, right now, the order is from front to back, Max, Jaron, Lucinda, with Lucinda still in the room they came from. The prisoner escaped into the room Max was going to enter, but Max and Jaron can both take an AoO on him for retreating.

7. - Top - End - #97

Max

Max notices the man's retreat, and takes a full swing at the last image he could see of the would be prisoner. Miss or not, Max turns his attention to the blinded man. Nodding, he motions for Jaron to take control of the man retreating, and for Lucinda to stay and do as she wishes. After that was said, Max surges his psionic force, and creates a force in front of him, a shield. After that, he walks forward, lugging his hammer around.

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO: Expending Psionic focus. Attack:(1d20+11)[12] Damage:(2d6+12)[19]

Move action, move 20 feet. Standard, cast Force screen on myself.

PP Remaining: 27
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-11-10 at 06:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

Jaron notices Max's hostage attempting to escape and takes the oppertunity to take a stab at him as he runs past. After making the lunge he turns his attention back to the archer at the end of the hall. Seeing that he was now within throwing distance, he moved forward as far as he could whilst staying behind Max and, giving the vial in his hand a shake for good measure, tossed the concoction down the corridor.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know how far away the archer is in relation to Jaron, so I'm leaving range modifiers out, add them in after as appropriate . The range increment on a bomb is 20ft. so he can throw it up to 100 ft. (albeit at a -10 penalty).

Attack of Opportunity - (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage - (1D6+1)[5]
    Crit. Confirm (If appropriate) - (1d20+7)[23]
    Crit. Damage (If appropriate) - (1d6+1)[2]

If injured, the target will need to make a DC 12 Fortitude save against Blood Root. The poison remains on the rapier for another 2 successful attacks thanks to the sticky poison discovery.

Bomb has radius of 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the target on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Bomb thrown at the Archer (sans. range modifiers) - (1D20+6)[23]
    Damage Roll - (3D6+5)[17]
    Fire Damage - (1D6)[1]
    Scatter (Assuming a miss, Table showing miss direction here) - (1D8)[5]

Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinda's song switchs pitch and tempo yet again becoming more frigid and slow, the words cutting through the muscle like a chilling wind freezing them to the bone thus impeding their movement.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hold person on the officer DC 18 VS so this guys should be good lol
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as Max creates his shield, the man, his eyes closed, starts launching attacks towards Max trying to shoot him down from memory. As he does so, he takes a step back, careful with his movement to avoid tripping up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1 (1d20+12)[32]
    Damage (1d6+6)[7] As cold damage
    Damage 2 (1d6+6)[7] As cold damage
    Miss chance (1d100)[83]
    Attack 2 (1d20+12)[31]
    Damage (1d6+6)[8]
    Miss chance (1d100)[3]
    Attack 3 (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage (1d6+6)[8]
    Miss chance (1d100)[26]

Max must make a fort save DC 18 again.

As the arrows fly, Lucinda's song strikes out at the archer, but he shrugs it off as though it were nothing. The prisoner disappears out into the room he escaped into, bleeding from the wounds he was left. Jaron's bomb collides with the archer and causes him to catch on fire, the explosion sending him off balance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Late, but Fort save for Blood root (1d20+6)[14]

Round 3 starts.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-11-14 at 12:10 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinda noting the resistance of the of officer yet again, this time into an upbeat joyous melody renewing vigor to the heart, she steps out and moves towards Max and focus it on him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move towards max + Fortune Hex, I will cackle the next round so it will come into effect when it's time to hit the bugger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

12. - Top - End - #102

Max

Sighing with a military mind, he puts his wisdom to work, and focuses on getting out of this alive. his body engrosses, becoming more toned and powerful.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fully augmented Vigor, for 6PP 30 temporary hp. 35 Hp.
    Move action to regain psionic focus. Swift action, to move 5 feet toward the man.

21 PP remaining.
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-11-14 at 10:41 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Jaron grinned as he saw the archer catch fire. It was about time he saw his mixture at work in the field! Without hesitating he selected another of the seemingly innocent vials and, giving it a vigorous shake first, tossed it at the burning opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, not entirely sure how far away the archer is so I'll leave range modifiers out, just add them in as appropriate.

As ever, bomb has radius of 10 ft. (deals 8 damage in that radius, DC 18 Reflex save to halve). It also sets the target on fire (1d6 Fire damage per round, full round reflex save to put out) if it hits.

Bomb thrown at the Archer (sans. range modifiers, +1 if within 30 ft.) - (1D20+7)[19]
    Damage Roll - (3D6+5)[17]
    Fire Damage (I don't know if this can actually be reapplied, ignore if it can't) - (1D6)[2]
    Scatter (Assuming a miss) - (1D8)[8]

8 Bombs left for today.

Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Max's power invigorates him, giving him a second wind, as the archer tries to slide himself backwards, shaking and hitting a wall trying to wrestle the fire off of him. His efforts, unfortunately for our heroes, succeeds, and as he regains his composure, he holds up his bow again, as though ready to go on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save DC 18 (1d20+7)[26] or take (1d6)[5]

Lucinda's music reaches max, and he begins to feel as though he is having the luckiest moment he's ever had, and Jaron's bomb, lobbing over the parties heads, bounces off a wall and explodes, the blast lurching out at its range to hit the archer anyways.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save DC 18 (1d20+7)[10] for half
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-11-14 at 06:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Max

Max notices the time limit they all had, and forces his body into a maximum run. He used his focus to force himself further than he normally could, and was on the man in no time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Run, and spend 3 PP to use hustle, gaining the extra 10 feet to be directly in front of the archer.

18 PP remaining.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinda's song breaks as she lets out a maddening cackle from her lips while she follows behind Max. To everyone else it is a harsh laugh that's slightly disconcerning but to Max he feels his good luck stay on a roll.

Spoiler
    Show
    So they ye have it, Savior next turn you can get a free reroll if you so need to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

17. - Top - End - #107

Jaron frowned as he saw Max charge the archer. He couldn't throw another bomb at their opponent without catching Max in the explosion. Instead, he started work on a concoction designed to mend wounds, glancing up occasionally to keep track of the fighting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jaron is going to start creating a Cure Light Wounds extract, I'm working on the assumption that the rounds needed to make it don't need to be consecutive which will allow him to stop and start fighting again if needs be.

Also, I'm going to be unable to post this weekend. I'll be back late Sunday, but likely won't post until Monday.

Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Max charges up to close the distance with the archer, and the archer, hearing his approach, turns and tries to run. As he does, both Lucinda and Jaron prepare themselves for more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics check for the archer. (1d20+1)[16]

The archer runs thirty feet. He stops there, unsure of where he is. Max gets an attack of opportunity for this.

New round starts.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-11-15 at 11:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

Max

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO:(1d20+11)[25] Damage:(2d6+12)[18]

Max allowed the man to leave, only after getting in a decent attempt at harming him. Once he could react, Max charged at his foe, and attempted a clean strike through any and all armor the man had on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power attack, Deep Impact, Furious focus.
    Charging Attack:(1d20+13)[24] Damage:(2d6+12)[23]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

The man takes both hits, and collapses after Max's charge. He is bleeding heavily, and starts talking with his last breath. "Lord...Pagen...He's coming. The ring..will alert him. You are strong...It'll be a shame to see you die...but its for the best." After his exertion, he collapses facefirst into the ground, dead. The ring on his hand begins to crack.

Within less than ten seconds, a teleportation circle appears in the middle of the room behind the archer, and out from it steps a face familiar to both Lucinda and Max. As you knew him, Lord Pagen, one of two who work directly under Legion himself. He takes a look at the fallen and smiles. "Useless scum. Trash like you never belonged in our empire. He holds out his hand, a number of rays of fire releasing from it, each would collide with the corpse and burn through it, the end result being a pile of ash where the corpse once was. The only items left were his headband and the bow he held. Pagen then steps forward towards Max and the others, and despite having seen him before, they find themselves locked in place. It is as though his sheer power is preventing them from acting. "Max, i see you're still alive. I guess the assassin failed, didn't he? Maybe i should do that job right now. Ah, but no. I'm a fair man. You've taken this camp fair and square, but its barely important to us. Once we uncover the legend, this war will mean nothing." He turns, laughing, and then begins vanishing, the last thing to be seen going is his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Congratulations. You have won. There is still the prisoner, hiding in the room, but as Pagen just said, you guys just captured an entire enemy camp singlehandedly. Be proud of yourselves. Post at will.

21. - Top - End - #111

Max

Plucking the headband and bow he earned, Max returned down the hallway and kicked in the door. Before anything else, he finds the man that eluded them, and smiled, holding his hammer up. "I could either slowly kill you, or you can talk to us, and maybe live. Personally, i want to murder you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Regained Focus during the walk.
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-11-16 at 12:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

As Max enters, he finds a pile of ash where the man would have been. Apparently Pagen paid him a visit.

23. - Top - End - #113

Max

"Welp, there goes that lead. With the boss out of commission, this place should be easy to dictate. Find the documents we came for, and meet back in the room we first entered."

Max departed for the first unopened door he could find. he looked around for anything of worth.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception:(1d20+11)[26]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinda sighs deeply at the unexpected destruction of the corpses... for they know important information could have been on them, she says nothing as Max recovers the items left behind by the officer. While Max goes into the other room to presumably speak to the prisoner, Lucinda does what she can to finish the mission thus begins searching for the required documents.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Max

Spoiler
    Show
    The room you search turns out to be a kitchen, being situtated across from the dining area. There is plenty of food, spices, and so on, but nothing of interest militarily.

Lucinda

Spoiler
    Show
    A search of the area finds you the following layout.

{table=head]Map
    {table=head]Ding? | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
    A | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    B | - | - | Sparring | - | Kitchen | - | Sparring | - | - |
    C | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    D | Bunks | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | Office |
    E | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    F | - | - | Armory | - | Dining | - | Armory | - | - |
    G | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
    [/table][/table]

The Sparring rooms contain target dummies practice weaponry, and both have doors outside. The exits lead to a ramp that declines and meets in the center, and the first armory is the one you've visited already. The Office appears to have been the quarters for the officer you've just now beaten.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-11-18 at 05:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Jaron adds the final few ingredients to the vial he was holding, causing the liquid within to take on a deep blue colour. He offers the vial to Max, "You look like you could use this, you took a bit of a beating."

Having passed the concoction over, he begins the search for the papers they were sent to retrieve.

Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Max

"Thank you." Max exits just in time to see the vial. He downs the drink, and moves on, in order to go past the officer, and towards the room near the ash pile. He searched around for as long as he needed to find his objective.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking as long as it takes to find the files.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinda goes into the office of the fallen commander but before beginning to blindly search she first begins chanting in a lone tone, causing her vision to change to a slightly purple hue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Magic because you never know...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

You find nothing in the office that is magical, and a quick search through the office finds a large number of papers that seem important. Among others, you find the troop distribution schedules for the area, a few maps for the local area, and most importantly, plans for an attack on your own camp scheduled for tomorrow.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Lucinda delicately grabs the documents and places them in her satchel "Well then, looks like we have completed our mission, shall we return to Uncle Duncle now? I feel it is time we get back for Max here owes me a drink!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard