Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 51 of 51

Thread: Torchlight II

  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reynard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ppbbbtttthhhhppttt...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Only played an Embermage to a high level so far, but Fire Embermage* seems totally OP.
    *Engineer?


    It's Fire and Sparks that makes it, really. Combined, I've got +70%Fire/+55%Electricity damage from it and my various items/gems, and a frankly amazing spear that does 120-230ish regular damage and 130-250ish Electricity, then a decent flat amount of fire damage and a couple of fire gems.

    DPS is sitting pretty at about 760 total right now.

    Hopefully I can leave the desert soon, haven't had much chance to play it between life and Borderlands2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    *Engineer?


    It's Fire and Sparks that makes it, really. Combined, I've got +70%Fire/+55%Electricity damage from it and my various items/gems, and a frankly amazing spear that does 120-230ish regular damage and 130-250ish Electricity, then a decent flat amount of fire damage and a couple of fire gems.

    DPS is sitting pretty at about 760 total right now.

    Hopefully I can leave the desert soon, haven't had much chance to play it between life and Borderlands2.
    No, I meant the Embermage, they've got a Fire Tree with things like Blazing Pillar among just general nasty DoT powers. Infernal Combustion is also a hoot. Just got to Grunnheim myself however so no idea what's in store.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    I am slowly getting into Torchlight II. What sells it for me is the ability to play with friends online or (even better) LAN. I miss LAN games from the days of Warcraft and Quake...

    Outside that, its not a bad successor to the original Torchlight. I'm playing as an Outlander because... well guns. I don't find many good fantasy games where firearms are viable. I agree that Outlanders feel squishy, but the adrenaline rush of running-and-gunning in a mob of enemies is kinda fun to me.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

    Quote Resume:
    Spoiler
    Show

    "For your astounding work in the field of punnery, you have been awarded one (1) internet." -Lix Lorn
    "Truly, there is nothing more terrifying than a DM with a sense of humour." -The Succubus
    "No pretty sure he thinks he's Digo Dragon." -Pinkie Pie
    "Digo, you're a liar and a scoundrel." -NeroGrimm


    Custom Avatar by me - My OC Changeling, Zeeps!

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Kyrian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fate is by the same guys.

    So it's sorta like Fate was T1, while T1 was T2, and T2 is T3.

    If you go that route, there's like 3 or 4 Fates, so T2 is like T5 or 6. o.O
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Cox: Newbie, if the next two words out of your mouth aren't 'See ya' then the third word will be 'Oh my god. My crotch. You've punched me in my crotch.'.

    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso


    Gracie was born 7/12/12 at 1:19pm EST

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Wookieetank's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kashyyyk
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    I'm playing an Ember Mage going down the lightning tree right now myself, and not even being at level 20 it seems to be a completely ridiculous, yet awesome class. When I can cast lightning storm, and then spam prismatic bolts to kill a boss before it can even reach me, it makes for a good time. And we're talking like maybe 10-15 seconds worth of time for the boss to fall and this is in multiplayer no less XD

    Lightning storm itself is interesting, because with the stun effects it makes for a rather effective tank, giving everyone the freedom to just hack away at everything, with no need to worry about heath (for the most part). I have no doubt that my day will come where I run into something strong/invulnerable to lightning and stun, and then be up a certain creek without a creatain instrument, but until then I shall rain lightning upon my foes indisciminately

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Avilan the Grey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Enköping, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Just installed it and I am having fun so far.
    "If I have to fight through guards, I've made a mistake." - Thane
    "HERP, DERP! NINJAAAAAAA!!!!!" - Kai Leng

    Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Just installed it and I am having fun so far.
    How's it compare to Diablo III?

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Avilan the Grey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Enköping, Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Spuddles View Post
    How's it compare to Diablo III?
    I have only done a few quests, but it's... slightly different. More cartoony, slightly different controls, less loot so far but somehow more fun. The skills are more akin to D2, in that you tie yourself down to a specific build. No skill-switching like in D3.
    "If I have to fight through guards, I've made a mistake." - Thane
    "HERP, DERP! NINJAAAAAAA!!!!!" - Kai Leng

    Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    I bought this game a couple days ago and have blazed my way up to close to level 40. Playing a a two handed Engineer has been fun so far but it seems really dependent on leaching. I found a decent gem that gives me about 100 health back on hit and with all the attack speed buffs from equipment and passives I hit about twice a second. So as long as I'm in range and attack I passively regenerate about 200 Hp/s which is enough to keep me pretty health plus on top of that I regen ~4% of my max health when I use my flame hammer to consume charge. This is generally enough to keep me a decent health levels without having to drink potions like a bad habit.

    As monster health and damage continue to rise though I think I might have to find a source of %leach in order to stay healthy. I'm only in act three and I haven't met a boss I haven't been able to tank and spank pretty much straight up. The AoE on my flame hammer is enough to drop most packs pretty quickly and then I can mop up stragglers with basic attacks. As the game progresses though I feel like I might have to dump points into the armor passive or rethink playing alone because my inherent tankyness can only get me so far I feel.

    Unrelated, sets; I feel like T2 does sets really well. There are lots of them, and they base stats on the items are randomly generated, and with so many stats to keep track of I feel like T2 brings a whole lot of depth to equipment that was missing in other HnS RPG's. I can't speak for the latter stages of the game but things like reflection and %procs still seem useful whereas in other RPG's (like D2) those stats became irrelevant almost immediately.

    Maybe it's just because I don't know what the end game looks like but everything I've found so far is exciting and makes me want to push on and play just one more dungeon level. I'd definitely recommend buying this game.

    -UGNG
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    It's not depressing, it's the playground.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reynard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ppbbbtttthhhhppttt...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by u-gotNOgame View Post
    I bought this game a couple days ago and have blazed my way up to close to level 40. Playing a a two handed Engineer has been fun so far but it seems really dependent on leaching. I found a decent gem that gives me about 100 health back on hit and with all the attack speed buffs from equipment and passives I hit about twice a second. So as long as I'm in range and attack I passively regenerate about 200 Hp/s which is enough to keep me pretty health plus on top of that I regen ~4% of my max health when I use my flame hammer to consume charge. This is generally enough to keep me a decent health levels without having to drink potions like a bad habit.

    As monster health and damage continue to rise though I think I might have to find a source of %leach in order to stay healthy. I'm only in act three and I haven't met a boss I haven't been able to tank and spank pretty much straight up. The AoE on my flame hammer is enough to drop most packs pretty quickly and then I can mop up stragglers with basic attacks. As the game progresses though I feel like I might have to dump points into the armor passive or rethink playing alone because my inherent tankyness can only get me so far I feel.

    Unrelated, sets; I feel like T2 does sets really well. There are lots of them, and they base stats on the items are randomly generated, and with so many stats to keep track of I feel like T2 brings a whole lot of depth to equipment that was missing in other HnS RPG's. I can't speak for the latter stages of the game but things like reflection and %procs still seem useful whereas in other RPG's (like D2) those stats became irrelevant almost immediately.

    Maybe it's just because I don't know what the end game looks like but everything I've found so far is exciting and makes me want to push on and play just one more dungeon level. I'd definitely recommend buying this game.

    -UGNG
    Having just finished playthrough1 as a two-handed Engie myself, I have to say your feelings are correct. I've been running around with %-lifeleech since the desert area. It's useful enough that I've been using the Regent Set since level 20 or so, and combining it with another set I can't remember off-hand for a total of 30%.

    Just replaced both with the Dwarfking Set, which gives 30% lifeleech once you have a few pieces, along with % bonus fire and shock damage and other nice goodies for two-handed users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    After my first run, I can honestly say this is the first game I've ever wanted DLC for more classes. Embermage was insanely fun.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ogremindes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lawson, Sydney

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    I've been playing this game myself. I played a cannon engineer, but re-rolled because Fusillade seemed useless, even at rank 1. I'm now playing a minion engineer, and it's going well now I've Spider Mines (BTW, can anyone confirm if you can always re-spec your pre-assigned skill point for free, even if you've spent more than 2 more skill points? 'cause if you can it would've made those first 14 levels a lot more fun).

    Has anyone else found the easter egg in Slaver's Stockade?
    Steam: Ogremindes
    Torchlight 2: Ogremindes
    Diablo III: Ogremindes#1316
    Guild Wars 2: Ogremindes.9786 - Recruiting for unofficial Playground guild

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post

    Has anyone else found the easter egg in Slaver's Stockade?
    The lotion? I admit I was at a loss as to what it actually was.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Astrella's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    The lotion? I admit I was at a loss as to what it actually was.
    It's a silence of the lambs reference.
    What are your preferred pronouns?
    Nausicaa avatar by the wonderful Musashi~
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    It's a silence of the lambs reference.
    Well, I figure that now. I wasn't aware that it was an easter egg until now however. I was more puzzling what it's purpose was in the dungeon.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-10-01 at 02:31 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ogremindes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lawson, Sydney

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    The lotion? I admit I was at a loss as to what it actually was.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It puts the lotion in the bucket. And then it gets this.
    Last edited by Ogremindes; 2012-10-01 at 02:37 AM.
    Steam: Ogremindes
    Torchlight 2: Ogremindes
    Diablo III: Ogremindes#1316
    Guild Wars 2: Ogremindes.9786 - Recruiting for unofficial Playground guild

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    A good friend of mine gifted this game to me on Steam last week.

    I've so far really enjoyed it. I've got a level 38 Outlander focused on the Rapidfire skill and lots of passive abilities. I was kicking butt and taking names all the way thru Act 1 and 2, but now in Act 3 i seem to be super squishy and keep dying a lot. This game is a pretty good time in my opinion.

    I think someone asked about doing a Minion-type character...I think you could do it with an Outlander as well as the other ones that have been mentioned. If i could do a full-respec I think I'd try that out.
    Last edited by Caliphbubba; 2012-10-01 at 09:08 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Domochevsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany (North)

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Well, you can, via console. "RESPECPOTION", i think, is the command. (And no, i don't know how that will mark your character. Probably as "has been modified somehow", if you care about such a thing.)

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Well, you can, via console. "RESPECPOTION", i think, is the command. (And no, i don't know how that will mark your character. Probably as "has been modified somehow", if you care about such a thing.)
    Considering it's an achievement to use Mods, I doubt the community at large cares about it. A look at the Runic Games forums indicates that people are chomping at the bit to actually get to do mods as well.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ogremindes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lawson, Sydney

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Goddamn enchanter. I use pistol and shield and what do I get? +5% chance to execute. Twice.
    Steam: Ogremindes
    Torchlight 2: Ogremindes
    Diablo III: Ogremindes#1316
    Guild Wars 2: Ogremindes.9786 - Recruiting for unofficial Playground guild

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Wings of Peace's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Torchlight II

    Just about to finish a playthrough with my gf (she's an Outlander while I'm an Embermage). Prismatic bolt being fantastic is the first thing I want to put out there. Pretty much my entire build revolves around Prismatic Bolt + Elemental Brands.

    The skills I plan on maxing are Prismatic Bolt, The Brands, Frozen Fate, Frost Prison (it's amazing for crowd control), Charge Mastery, and Elemental Boon. The rest of my points are going to Elemental Attunement (I don't think it boosts PBolt's chance to proc effects but it does boost their duration when they proc) with a single point going to Frost Phase for mobility.

    Strangely, I'd reccomend maxing Pbolt later rather than sooner. The damage component is based on your level so putting your points into the brands will boost your damage more quickly. I put 5 into Pbolt early on and then stopped.
    Last edited by Wings of Peace; 2012-10-02 at 06:39 AM.
    Doc Roc: We're going to eat ourselves.
    --------------------------------------
    Snazzy avatar courtesy of Rowsen!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •