Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 79
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    You all begin in your respective homes, apartments, rented rooms or wherever you sleep or lay your head at night. You had your interveiw with Wayne Dorby already, a grizzled and scarred veteran of many battles and brawls with the left lip and cheek of his mouth torn and healed together again in a grizzly scar, and a few minor little scars you can only asume were pieces of glass smashed in his face... on more then one occassion. He sat you down in the back and looked you over and talked with you about your former work history, where you come from, your skills and the like, andhad a professional air about himself during the meeting, but managed to keep a casual approach to things. Afterwords he said that new recruits must be looked into, and might take few days or evenw weeks before an official invitation would be released, to confirm what was discussed in private and to make sure they have no exsisting or old work orders that would be a conflict of intrest in allowing you membership. Can't hire someone who's family the society has crossed or has a bounty on there head, can they?

    It has been an interesting week to say the least as you eagerly waited for the courier each day sense that meeting. Life went on as usual, with a few surreal bits of news. The death of the king, Lord Eodred Arabasti II, was regarded with a mixed reaction but a large one and has been the local gossip for the last few days. Many boasted he was a good man, who did many good things before his death, while many others claim he was nothing but a womanizing drunk who could not handle coin if it was covered in tar and thrown at him. That aside, the political climate immediately became stirred up as the noble houses began to scheme for the queen's favor, Lady Ileosa Arabasti, who its rumored has locked herself away in grief over her husbands sudden death.

    With the royal guard preparing for the funeral and investigating the king's death, many guards have been repositioned to the inner part of the cities districts to take over for the royal guards sudden depature to fortify the keep - such as the noble and temple districts, leaving the common's, market's and other such districts vulnerable to thieves, thugs, and worse as the city watch has to strech is men to compensate. The Blacklock Society did what it always does in such situations, they performed there job and kept the peace, taking in bounties, taking down smugglers and drug dealers around the city, while simultaniously gaining a firm, controlled grip on such illict trade by routing out the competition. But things have become more and more violent as of late, with a mysterious drug being created "in the king's name" to mourn his loss, called Ileosa's Tear. The drug was immediately popular, but also extremely volitile. The drug was immediatelly outlawed by the city guard, due to its dangerous properties, which would make those of weak will or anyone who overdosed go into a berzerk and cheerful frenzy, attacking anything and everyone round them blindly while they experienced only joy and happyness. After forty seven murders in only 3 days after its release, the guild has had its resources spread thin trying to locate the producer of the drug and shut down any drug dens it can find that sell the vile liquid. Many fear leaving there homes, while other degranged souls wonder the streets proclaiming the end days are coming. Its all rather overly dramatic.

    To make matters worse, this morning you hard the "Ole' Saint Mary's" orphanage was almost burnt down after a group of thugs apparently kidnapped several children, but with the Ileosa's Tear still being created and mass produced by an unseen hand, the city watch is helpless in fully investigating the culprits and identifying them to even post bounties. Rough times indeed.

    All that aside, there has been some good news this week that you hold in your hand. You find you have been sent this beautiful pressed paper envolope with a decorative sketched trim with the charcoal stamped symbol of the society as the seal this morning, the entire letter and even the seal seemingly forged by hand. Opening it, you read the following;

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Greetings,

    After much consideration and evaluation of your skills
    and background, we at the Blacklock Society would like
    to formely invite you to join our brotherhood.

    When you are ready, join us at Head quarter's at the
    address of 1183, 3rd Coin Avenue, at the Krovosa Market
    District, four blocks west of the church of abador and
    meet with Commander Wayne Dorby on Oathday, Rova
    the 6th at 11 am. Wear whatever you would while on
    duty. You are in charge of purchasing and bringing your
    own equipment. The society has no dress code, but your
    initiation trial will see you in action as soon as possible,
    be prepared.

    Signed,
    Secretary Rayna Sori

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The current day is Oathday, Rova the 6th. The temperature is a steady 61 F with breezy weather as the cold front is moving in, clouds darken the sky as it appears it will rain tonight. You can feel it in your bones winter is coming soon. You smell the scents of the city, not all of which are pleasant - but you get use to them. Then you realize the time, its already 10 am! Your meeting is in only an hour, better not be late!

    After quickly getting dressed you all arrive roughly around the same time with several other recruits all waiting outside of the headquarters. This early morning in the market district is busy, with peddlers finishing setting up shop or supplying there businesses, and the foot traffic is terrible. You were worried you might be late after some inconsiderate bastards left there wagons and carts blocking the streets. You notice there is a large statue of a man holding the head of a clock on his shoulder, "Old Timer" as locals call it, off in the corner of the market square you can use to keep time. Only ten minutes until 11 am, it is time. Several of the recruits have already went inside before you, eager to get started, while others are more punctual and nervous, waiting for the last minute.

    Scene;
    http://img23.wallpapercasa.com/uploa...e81e6b5e32.jpg

    When you decide to walk in, its a bit noisy and a lot less formal then you thought it would be, with both full members and recruits talking and getting to know each other in the small tavern and meeting area, just one of many sections of the guild's construction.

    Scene;
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o-RiIKBFMY...ern-low900.jpg

    You do not see Wayne yet, he must be punctual as well. Oh well, you see a few empty seats and tables in the corner. You can talk with some of the older members and ask what the initial trial is like, or you can get to know the other recruits (and, obviously, other players). You remember Wayne saying that nobody works alone in the Society, so you might want to scope out your future partners. You notice all the full members of the Society have a symbol of a black keyhole on there person somewhere, women preferring little locket charms, rings, or tattoos, the men having it painted on there shoulder plates or shields, tattooed, or in the case of one dwarven recruit, a apparently self-forged iron seal with the logo in the center to keep his beard braided.

    Tavern Room Occupants you can see (Npcs)
    Bar Tender (Member)
    3 Waitresses (Members)
    Heavy Armored Orc (Recruit)
    Scholary Elf (Recruit)
    Old Human Warrior (Member)
    Young Human Warrior (Recruit)
    Halfling thief already breaking the rules (Go figure) (Recruit)
    3 Young Elves (Recruits)
    Leather Wearing Dwarf (Recruit)
    Robed Woman by fireplace (Member)
    3 Human boys (Recruits)
    And one black cat (Member)

    The handful of recruits outside must be having second thoughts about joining, as after a few minutes they walk off and no more come inside. You wonder just how hard this trial will be? Wayne did not mention anything about any trial to you, but it does make some sense, they cannot hire any pansy off the street.


    ---Social Initiative

    Desaix Solomon - Noble_Pigeon
    Rank: 23 (19 Cha + 4 Imp Initiative)

    Thrum Ogretooth - loser0ll
    Rank: 19 (19 Cha)

    Sarka - Lemeres
    Rank: 14 (Charisma Tie, Decided by Dex 18)

    Laudine Tirrem - Zealumieo
    Rank: 14 (Charisma Tie, Decided by Dex 16)

    Silviu Drazesti - North_Range
    Rank: 12

    OOC: Remember you only get a single post which can be any comment, speech, etc to any one or more people each social "round", and one swift reply if someone directly talks to you. I was not joking about that. This initiation is NOT combat initiative, this is simply to make sure 1-2 of you do not outshine or get into a massive conversation and leave another player feeling out/overwhelmed just because they took a day off. Once everyone has had there say in a round, I will post, and the cycle continues nice and cleanly. Any questions/etc, please label it ooc at the bottom of your post in bold, or pm it to me! Also highlight any ability-actions or skill-actions in bold in your post.
    Also, whatcha think of my social-initiative idea and review my intro post to get things started? I am eager to hear feedback and ways I can has improvements. I will adjust things as necessary based to make things better.


    (Rolling Area: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256608)
    Last edited by Jane_Smith; 2012-09-22 at 02:43 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Desaix takes a moment to soak in the atmosphere of the tavern. That's the first step. Noisy but not boisterous, an air of authority but quite laid back as well.

    After a moment, he puts on his most charming, disarming grin, and decides to chat up the other recruits. One of them in particular catches his attention. Is that an undine? Haven't seen one of those in years. He approaches the undine and bows.

    "Hail, fellow recruit!" Desaix says. I am Desaix Solomon, wandering bard, reciter of lost glory...and, a recruit of this fair Blacklock Society. Forgive my curiosity, but I haven't seen much of your kind in my travels. Might I ask what brings you to the Blacklock Society?"

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    One of the potential recruits seems to be perfectly calm in dealing with nobody at all - in fact, he almost seems to be constantly distracted by something going on, although it's nearly impossible to tell what. Whatever it is seems to be fairly distracting though, since he doesn't seem very focused on anything or anyone inside of the room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will you just leave me alone? I've told you before now that I am not yours. It wouldn't be honorable to do those things - I said leave me alone!

    The Human seems determined not to approach anyone in the room immediately, but instead paces back and forth, waiting for time to pass. While he has brown hair, green eyes, six feet of height and around two-hundred pounds of weight, it almost seems as though he's repressing some portion of himself that could normally be very charming and persuasive. He wears no armor and carries only his clothing and a cheap quarterstaff - those with some experience with magic might guess that he's an arcanist of some kind.

    OOC : I'll be posting personal thoughts and mental events inside of Spoilers, like I did above. People who are curious can feel free to read, those who aren't can avoid it just by not clicking. It may seem a bit strange a lot of times - that's actually my goal, considering my character's background and personality flaws.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Sarka enters the headquarters and takes a look around. Doesn't look like there will be too much trouble here, she guessed. She decides to head over to the bar and place down some copper coins. Best to buy something if you are going to take up his time.

    After getting their attention, she said "Morning barkeep. How about something light, since I have that initiation soon. Have any advise?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: is this a good color? I have no real preferences.
    Last edited by lemeres; 2012-09-22 at 05:41 PM.
    Character(s):
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zealumieo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Pigeon View Post
    After a moment, he puts on his most charming, disarming grin, and decides to chat up the other recruits. One of them in particular catches his attention. Is that an undine? Haven't seen one of those in years. He approaches the undine and bows.

    "Hail, fellow recruit!" Desaix says. I am Desaix Solomon, wandering bard, reciter of lost glory...and, a recruit of this fair Blacklock Society. Forgive my curiosity, but I haven't seen much of your kind in my travels. Might I ask what brings you to the Blacklock Society?"
    OOC: sorry for missing this earlier. XD giving a swift reply

    "Monetary Windfall. I'm gambling here. Not for me though, family. Scandelous, but far under the radar after all thats happened locally. Laudine Tirrem." She speaks a-matter-of-factly, not all that interested in his lure to dip into the details 'her kind'.

    Laudine had entered glad to be out of the streets, yet relaxed to greet the familiar atmosphere of both the tenseness of waiting and the casualness of information fishing. She decided to come in honest, sporting her natural skin color and glasses tucked in her breastpocket. She sported a bemused smile as she noticed the Blacklock symbol prominantly displayed on each of the members, a theme- she believed-would go well with Arodan's Key holy symbol. Keys and Locks! A tricky fit, but one she was confident she could pair. Though the momentary thought made her uncomfortably squirm about the high quality gold one she had to pawn off ealier in the week.

    It was... Flattering to be approached so directly by the most handsome man in the room. She consciously held her ground in order to not blush teal.

    OOC: this is where chonologically her answer would be

    She formally curtsied back, odd as it was in bookish scholars clothes. It was a polite response to his,"Of the Tirrem house. Recently left my job at the local Abadar temple. Mmm, a seasoned traveller I see, Desaix. I'm a raised Korvosian, unfortunately I cannot describe the special side of my heritage. Though, if we have the time I'd like to hear about the ones you came across. Rather rare to hear about... Even for me." She nodded, "Care to come to an agreement? We can question the members for details... Maybe hints. Definately connections if we can. Then come back later to share. You look like a charming man, I'm fairly certain the Ladies of this organization would love to talk to you and I'll return the favor for you later if we both get in the same job." Laudine crossed over her heart, "No harm in a deal."
    Last edited by Zealumieo; 2012-09-22 at 06:42 PM.
    Oh Man, Sucks To Be You.

    Oh Come On, You Aren't Even Trying
    I know you can do better then that.

    Hark, Thy Fate Sucketh?

    That is...
    Much Worse

    -The DM of The Rings

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    The barkeep is busy servicing one to many dwarves right now, muttering about how the little barrel-bellied bastards will drink him dry. He looks over to Sarka as she approaches and quirks an eyebrow. "Well ill be a pickled toad, I haven't seen one of your kind around here in a while. No offense intended of course." Two of the dwarf patrons turn around to look at you, the more older and grizzled of the pair snarls. "Get lost demon bitch, your kind ain't wel-" Before he even finishs the sentence, he finds a solid steel mug slammed into his face and the sound of at least three teeth being knocked out of his mouth as he flys a few feet and tumbles accross the floor. The younger dwarf goes white and turns to see the bartender with the bloodied mug, wiping it clean. "We ain't got place in our ranks for a xenophobic bag of filth like you, now get out, while you can still walk out."

    The dwarf spits a fourth tooth and rams his shoulder into you as he leaves while he mutters curses, you find yourself surprised that did not escalate any further, but you noticed several of the full members laughing with the bartender that were watching the situation. He motions to the dwarves seat. "Don't let it bother you lass, on the plus side you just helped giving us an excuse to kick his rude runty ass out before the trial. The society has to many bloodlines in it to have someone who can't respect there brothers or authority just because of a few tusks, horns, tails, or scales you know? And if anyone else gives you any trouble, just tell your ol' Crex, and ill handle it." He finishes cleaning the mug with his, oddly still solid white rag, and it seems polished and clean as he fills it with a strange, thick, black brew. "On the house, it should calm your nerves while keeping your mind sharp, special brew." He excuses himself as he goes to the other side of the bar, grabbing a few bottles of wine for an elven couple. The other dwarf stares forward silently and looks over. "Sorry an all about that, wasn't with him, but should've said somethin', names Drig. He offers his mug to butt off yours and takes a swig.



    For the others in the room, nobody seems to bother both Laudine and Desaix except for a young halfling girl with bright red hair and a face full of freckles who bumps into Desaix's leg, excuses herself but finds herself blushing and running off after looking up at him. She seems to be a member, with a tiny black cloak with a white keyhole in the center, the cloak itself must be the lock symbol. She scurries back into the crowd.



    It doesn't take long for someone to finally approach the nervous wizard Thrum in the back of the room however. A large, thuggish half-orc with a massive spiked club covered head to toe in tattoos leans against the wall. "Nerves eh? Don worry to much, you'in one of them mages right? They always get'in." He says and looks over Thrum. "Don't I kno ya? Feelin like I kno ya..." He appraises you over, and as he turns his head to fully look you over, you notice something familiar about his tattoos.



    OOC: I really should figure out how to better talk as a low-int character without sounding so cliche. q.q Also no checks needed for any casual conversations in here unless you are feeling mischievous.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    "You do not know much about your own race?" For a moment it seems like that warm grin would turn into a sneer. But it instead turns right around and Desaix---is that a tear in his eye?

    "I see! So that is how it is!" He said, letting the single tear fall while nodding. "You require my assistance to learn more of the culture you yearn to connect with! But the pressures of joining the Blacklock Society---ah, I see." He says, nodding to himself, understanding, even though the undine might have not.

    I will do this, my lady Tirrem. To satisfy my own curiosity, and for your sake as well. He bows again, and when he unbows, there is a gleam in his deep purple eyes. Not more tears, more that of a determination to win a contest. He turns and leaves, but not before hearing the commotion with the dwarf.

    Desaix witnesses the salty dwarf's face introduce itself to a flying mug. Seemed they were unhappy about that tiefling woman. A tiefling as well? My, small world.

    He was about to work his magic and chat with other recruits, when he feels something bump against his leg. Looking down, he finds a halfling girl, noticing she wore a member's insignia. Before he could introduce himself, she mumbled something and ran away.

    Wait! I'm sorry, I didn't---what did I do?" Desaix looks earnestly crestfallen, then began consciously sniffing himself, specifically trying to sniff his leg, which left him looking rather awkward to any onlookers. Is there a stink bug in my socks perhaps? Finding no abnormal smell, he regains his composure. Perhaps I will find her another time.

    Suddenly, Desaix realizes the atmospheric music in the room is...lacking, somehow. Deciding to do what he does best, he begins to sing in soft, slow tones, with lyrics that told the tale of two lovers trapped in two separate towers, but they could not see each other as an army was besieging the fortress below. The song was based off of the Siege of Wind's End in the Azlanti Civil War. Not that anyone in this comely tavern was to know the finer details, anyway. In an attempt to impress the more grizzled, salty inhabitants of the tavern, he raised the pitch of his voice, sang long lines of the mighty prowess of the Royalist lines, and so on.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna roll Perform (sing) in an attempt to basically make me seem more approachable, and in general to lighten up the mood a bit
    Last edited by Noble Pigeon; 2012-09-23 at 03:56 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Sitting with his back against the wall, Silviu observed the slowly-thinning crowd with keen, dark eyes. Huh, the Varisian thought as he sipped the dark ale filling his tankard. Seems like them Blacklocks ain't so easy to impress afterall, he mused to himself as more and more recruits were apparently told to make like the wind and blow.

    Well, you don't win if you never try, Silviu thought to himself and leaned back against the wall. He was ready for whatever the Society had to throw in his face, and he didn't need the itch at the side of his nose to tell him to keep his wits about him. If the Blacklocks wanted only dumb brutes, there'd hardly be need for the likes of the blue-skinned wench or the minstrel to show their faces here. At least the minstrel wasn't half bad with his singing, even though Silviu didn't recognize the tune. Must be from some parts foreign, that one...

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling Perception to see if there's anything out of the ordinary, such as if us recruits are being watched and evaluated clandestinely.
    Last edited by North_Ranger; 2012-09-23 at 07:18 AM.
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    The tune seems to catch on, though few know the words to go along with it to sing along properly, that does not keep a few of the more loud patrons from adding there 'masterful vocals" to the tune, and a few of the barmaids from rubbernecking between there tables to watch the bard.


    OOC: Do to a little error on my part, the social initiative is just a guideline for now, you may post if you must be please try not to form any large conversations or the like without your group (At least in this thread, rp via pm's for when your split apart is fine).

    Ranger, you do not notice anything particular about the members or recruits acting unusual or being to obvious about watching the recruits.
    Last edited by Jane_Smith; 2012-09-23 at 01:57 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Guess her information was right. She really didn't expect it to be that accepting though. Since it was so rare, Sarka knew that hospitality given was to be enjoyed.

    "Don't Worry about it Drig. I was more surprised by Crex though. I guess if you going to run a bar full of mercenaries, you had better be able to handle yourself." Sarka began to take a few gulps of her own drink. She then began to smirk and say, "If you really have to make if up to me, it might be nice to know where I can get a tip or two on the trial."

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Ah, so mostly things like Bluff checks, sleight of hand checks, and diplomacy with people who notice the previous two, right? Fair enough. Ah, sorry if I posted a bit early, but I have a paper to do and might not be on much today. Sorry.
    Last edited by lemeres; 2012-09-23 at 11:43 AM.
    Character(s):
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Spoiler
    Show
    No! I won't let him be spoken to - he's just a random mercenary offering me a little encouragement. It wouldn't even gain you a bit of... Fine! Just a few words. Just to see how he reacts. But no digging into him! Leave his secrets alone!

    For the first few seconds after the Half-Orc mercenary ends his attempt to encourage Thrum, he seems to be even more nonreactive, like a mental fight was going on even more firmly in his head than before. Suddenly though, he takes on a much more firm, confidant stance, and begins to look less like he was scared of the crowd and more like he may want to try and negotiate with them for some reason. He reacts with a calm, friendly voice.
    "Well, it's nice to meet someone who is willing to try and convince me that I'll do pretty well. It's a pleasure to meet you - my name is Thrum Ogretooth, adopted in case that might be what had you so confused. Your name is..?

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zealumieo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Laudine looked down and rubbed some dust out from between her fingers. Desaix didn't seem like a good listener at all, or maybe he had selective hearing. She wasn't going to correct him at this moment, no point in indignantly saying her family was here and her kind were her family. Y'know... the people who cared for and raised her. Already, this place had suffered from an unruly ruckus as one dwarf was booted out. Well it seemed his heart... was in the right place?

    Laudine's blue eyes scanned the room for a good place to start a conversation. Near fire wasn't high on her list of comfortable places. An errant glance fell on the black cat marked as their own. Laudine liked the company of animals, but talking alone with one in the moment would just show others she wasn't all that interested in talking with people.

    She approached the Old Human Warrior, honestly if you were going to pay your dues you'd better acknowledge the ones with a collection of experience in them. "Hello, hope you won't mind me keeping you company for a bit. Laudine Tirrem, Cleric of Abadar. Just... experiencing some pre-induction jitters. Everyone has them, one point or another."

    OOC: Donno if he's sitting or standing. Mmm... XD if he's sitting she'll as "Mind if I join you?" if (s)he's standing she'll stay up and say "Mind if I keep you company?". (Haha realized he/she could be either gender)

    Also sorry that I haven't put up a physical description/personality profile on my sheet yet! I'll rectify that while I'm traveling. XD 7 hour drive with other people blar.
    Oh Man, Sucks To Be You.

    Oh Come On, You Aren't Even Trying
    I know you can do better then that.

    Hark, Thy Fate Sucketh?

    That is...
    Much Worse

    -The DM of The Rings

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    "Abadar?" a deep voice of dark honey suddenly blurted, amusedly. The speaker, a human of Varisian descent with thick, dark hair, vivacious eyes and quite the impressive nose, leaned forward in his chair. Firelight glinted in the studs of his vest and shimmered in the many-colored shirts and scarves and trousers as he studied the undine with laughing eyes and a wide grin.

    "Didn't mean no harm, if that's what you thought, miss", the man continued, his voice filled with laughter but no malice. " 'S just surprisin' to see one a' Abadar's people 'mongst us sellswords, bravos an' other ruffians, 's all."
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zealumieo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Laudine turned for a moment to answer, "Not an incorrect assumption. Generally we like the money to do our work for us. But that doesn't mean I won't get my hands dirty for a good reason." her voice was soft, rhythmic, and annunciated... Like a waterclock if you've heard of one. Laudine's left hand often moved up as if to adjust an invisible pair of eyewear, an action that lessened in strangeness when one looked at the tinted grey glasses in her vestpocket. Her hair is wavy (as if recently braided and tied), long, and strangly a deep, dark green. Laudine wore an interesting take on the term "three piece suit" as it involved a flowing robe which surprisingly was complimented by a well cut vest and buttoned collared shirt. The colors evoked the sense of late autumn, warm colors slowly giving away to chilled winds.

    OOC: I'm going to use this chance to post a little character description before typng one up on my sheet
    Oh Man, Sucks To Be You.

    Oh Come On, You Aren't Even Trying
    I know you can do better then that.

    Hark, Thy Fate Sucketh?

    That is...
    Much Worse

    -The DM of The Rings

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    "Reckon there's gonna be plenty a' dirt to go around, miss. I don't think they're gonna offer us the choice pickin's at first... that is, if we pass whatever test they's got cooked up fer us back there", Silviu answered and nodded towards the door through which recruits had walked one by one. "But where's my manners? Silviu Drazesti, Korvosan born an' bred, Ol' Korvosa an' the Shingles, for the most part. Frien's call me Silviu, or Sil, if they's in a rush. And you was... Laudine, was it?"

    With that, the Varisian offered his callused hand in greeting. "Beggin' your pardon for interrupting", he said, nodding both to the cleric and the old man. "Just figured I might as well mingle while we's waitin'."

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If my attempts at an accent prove too much to handle, just let me know and I'll curb it down. I just like putting a little Goodfellas-type lingo for a character who was a member of Golarion's version of the mob
    Last edited by North_Ranger; 2012-09-23 at 03:16 PM.
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zealumieo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    OOC: hehe look at me using all my swift actions. she'll shake his hand after the old warrior. Even if (s)he doesn't Laudine still will after whatever (s)he responds with.
    Laudine took his hand, providing a contast with her smooth palm and delicately inclined webbed digits. She held and shook firmly with a well practiced movement, "Correct, Laudine Tirrem. A native Korvosian like you." she smiled at the shared trait.
    Last edited by Zealumieo; 2012-09-23 at 03:46 PM.
    Oh Man, Sucks To Be You.

    Oh Come On, You Aren't Even Trying
    I know you can do better then that.

    Hark, Thy Fate Sucketh?

    That is...
    Much Worse

    -The DM of The Rings

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Desaix quickly evaluated the response as he sang. Not bad. But should play something more local. He expected others to add their own lyrics, as obscure a song it was. Some potential there. I’ve heard far worse anyway.

    He would have began to sing a song far more familiar to Varisians: one of many detailing the adventures of Ol’Barrels the Varisian Ranger and his companion grizzly bear, Betsy. But with Wayne possibly arriving any second, he decides against it. I’ll have plenty of opportunity to amaze the crowds here, for now I’ll partake in the thing lady Tirrem has asked of me.

    Scanning the room, he notices the elf recruit that seems to have a “bookish” feel about her. A scholar, perhaps?

    “Greetings!” the bard says as he approaches, flashing his brilliant white teeth. “I’m Desaix, a fellow recruit. Would you mind my company for a bit?”

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Desaix

    The young elven woman uses her wrist to push her glasses back into place as she reads a book, and does not pay you any heed. She wears a simple dress of light green with a few sky blue patch's and silver buttons. You overhear her muttering softly to herself she is not looking for any company right now, but stops herself when she looks up to see you directly. "Er, your the performer from earlier... is there something I can do for you?" She seems a bit nervous talking to you, obviously not a people person. She keeps her book open on the table, and you notice its not a history book or spell book, instead its all handwritten notes with a beautiful elven script, but with her lack of a pen, its obvious this is another persons work or previously written.

    The crowd seems a bit more tame after your song, and the timeline makes the room quite down over the next few minutes, only a few tables remain chatting loudly as many eagerly await Wayne.


    Laudine & Silviu

    The old warrior is a human, in his late sixties. Grey hair, but a beard to put a dwarf to shame and braided hair, well tended and polished banded armor, and a brown fur-trimmed cloak on his back. It seems he was daydreaming as he snaps to attention and notices others talking to him. "Sorry, i've been on the road for the last season, from my homeland Irrisen. Please, take a seat. With my age, the fatigue and strain take quite a while to recover from, but don't mind me."

    He listens to you both talking before pushing out a seat for Silviu before taking a sip of mead, "So, both recruits? Glad to see there are some talented men and lovely young ladies still willing to work hard these days. Don't worry to much... er... what did you say your names were again? The name's Vaner, Vaner "Goldmane". He smirks at the irony.


    Sarka

    The dwarf shrugs. "Not a clue. Tried asking around myself for the last hour, the full members apparently can't talk about it with us new-bloods. I don't blame them to much, but maybe they don't know themselves is what i'm thinking." He downs his mug and motions for Crex, "You've had enough barrel ass, can't have drunkards going on a trial." Drig laughs, "When you seein a drunk dwarf in your life you dumbass"?! Crex rolls his eyes and goes back to serving other customers.


    Thrum

    "Wat, no way, ogretooth? No wonder you seemed familiar, your that human brat they adopted? Ill be damned. What brings ya to the big city?" He pulls out a case from his pack and lights likely one of the largest cigars you have ever seen, half a foot long and well wrapped as he gets a small palm-sized flip-top lighter flask to light it up. He takes a large breath and almost takes an inch off the top in a single go before exhaling. "I never actually met your folks myself, but back in the clans your folks helped us out. Nobody could figure out why they took in a pinky though. I wont ask, either."
    Last edited by Jane_Smith; 2012-09-23 at 08:33 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zealumieo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    "Laudine Tirrem, Cleric of Abadar. You may recognize me from the city temple if you've hung around there." She could give her name out all day and night, not a problem, "You're from Irrisen, wow thats far north. I bet you get a chuckle when visitors come into town and complain about the cold here. Must be like a vacation here in the city, Vaner." Laudine looked over at Silviu, "Yeah we're both new. Interested in hearing about a day in the shoes of a member. Or anything you'd like to share to pass the time before we're called up." She wasn't exactly sure how long the Timetested warrior would like to keep their attention- but she was willing to sit the extra mile for an established bond- she didn't know about Mr. Drazesti, but she felt okay with having him around to chat about and then leave if he wished.
    Oh Man, Sucks To Be You.

    Oh Come On, You Aren't Even Trying
    I know you can do better then that.

    Hark, Thy Fate Sucketh?

    That is...
    Much Worse

    -The DM of The Rings

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Thrum still seems to have almost no trouble replying in a calm, relaxed way - in fact, before words leave his mouth, he even lets a loud, calm laugh leave his lips. "Oh, there's no real secret there. They're real mercenaries, who plan on raising up more mercenaries too. Of course, that means that none of the Elves or Dwarves or Gnomes would really fit in - it'd take 50 years just to raise the Dwarves and Gnomes, and over a hundred to raise the Elves. But anyone who comes close age wise is welcome, as long as we seem like we might have the brains and talent to make it as mercenaries."
    Spoiler
    Show
    There - are you satisfied? You've talked with him and left nice little piece of bait in case you decide to use him in the future. We should stop this now!

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    "Silviu", the Varisian introduced himself anew as he took the seat. As he moved, the uncorded shortbow and a small quiver of black-fletched arrows came to view. "An' if you recognize me, I've done my job piss-poorly", he added with a wolfish grin.

    With that said, he gave a small whistle to one of the barmaids. "Hey, lass! Another ale for me an' master Goldmane 'ere... an' whatever the lady wishes", he called out and then turned back to his companions. "I'm buyin'. This round." It never hurt to grease the wheels a little...
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zealumieo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Quote Originally Posted by North_Ranger View Post
    With that said, he gave a small whistle to one of the barmaids. "Hey, lass! Another ale for me an' master Goldmane 'ere... an' whatever the lady wishes", he called out and then turned back to his companions. "I'm buyin'. This round." It never hurt to grease the wheels a little...
    "Spiked Coffee. Though it might be hard to get unless you travel to the Jittery Quill. If that is the case, Tea please. You are too generous." Laudine played coy, though there was a glimmer of playfulness in her eyes.
    Oh Man, Sucks To Be You.

    Oh Come On, You Aren't Even Trying
    I know you can do better then that.

    Hark, Thy Fate Sucketh?

    That is...
    Much Worse

    -The DM of The Rings

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    OOC: Sorry it took so long to get back. I ended up having to finish this morning, and I am still a bit short on sleep. Hopefully I will still be coherent. Sorry again if I am out of turn.

    "Ah. Well, the fact that there is no information is far more useful than bits and pieces. I hope we will get to work together sometime, Drig." Sarka finished her drink and waved herself off. If there were no good sources of info, then it was time to move onto the next stage: mingling. It was about time to find some useful people and endear herself to them. The musician put people into a good mood, so it will hopefully not be to difficult. Especially after Crex's spectacle earlier.

    Hmm.... the musician might be a good place to start. He will at least be popular enough to help the other recruits to lower their guard around her at least. Sarka saw him speaking to the bookish elf and headed over. "Don't worry, if he was planning to bite your head off, he wouldn't have drawn so much attention to himself."
    Last edited by lemeres; 2012-09-24 at 08:13 PM.
    Character(s):
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    OOC: New OOC chat made, sorry about that.

    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256846

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Sep 2012

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    "I apologize if I interrupted you, my lady," Desaix replied in Elven. I was merely curious. Many of the recruits in this room have obvious martial prowess, or look like adventurers such as myself. He gestured to himself, seemingly oblivious that he looked more like a nobleman than a gruff adventurer. "I mean no offense, but you seem a bit...out of place here."

    At that point, Desaix noticed the tiefling approach. [Enter lemeres's dialogue.] "Indeed. Your head is far too fair for me to savagely tear off." He grinned, then looked at the tiefling. "I am Desaix, fellow recruit to this society of like-minded individuals. First an undine, and now a tiefling? I've seen even less of your race in my travels. Truly the Blacklock Society attracts different types of people!"

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    "I think the bartender made it clear why we feel so welcome." Sarka uses her thumb to point back towards Crex. "I wonder if I should go back there later and get those teeth as souvenirs."

    "But I've heard a lot about their other benefits. It definitely has the resources to back up its members. So a strong group with open doors if you are strong enough to get in, what more can one ask for?"
    Last edited by lemeres; 2012-09-24 at 10:28 PM.
    Character(s):
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Jane_Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas, America
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Sarka & Desaix;

    The woman looks at you both warily and speaks up in elven, "The reason I seem out of place here is because I do not belong. It was not my decision to join. I am from the academe here within the city, and this is my punishment. I must find work to repay a colleague, as I damaged some of there property during an experiment that went out of hand. Our master has connections here and decided the experience would benefit me. Though I doubt it myself, as it seems more like a way to get killed in some back ally fairly quickly and I dare say that was his intention..." She sighs and speaks in a rough common, "Essentially, I would rather skip the small talk for now, I am not in the greatest of moods, but...", Her attention goes back to her book and she straightens her glasses again, moving her long blonde hair from her face and taking a sip of her drink. "My name is Ariana, if you require any arcane expertise, you should know who to ask for."



    Thrum;

    The orc grins. "Ain't that the truth? Well, luck be with ya little-tooth. Who knows, might catch you later!" He waves and goes to the bar, puffing a large gout of smoke in a circle above his head, a cocky grin on his face.



    Silviu & Laudine;

    "Aye, thanks for the offer boy. Hm.. well, I suppose the average day for someone in the guild is based on there groups temperament and skills. You can take any job you wish, all but the trial that is. You can get jobs for protecting merchants, hunting down criminals, even to helping someone move and keeping an eye out for thieves. Last job I took was hunting down a overgrown boar on the outskirts of town who was damaging a few farmers crops. Simple work, but I am getting to old for the most risky and well paying jobs, and someone has to do it." He leans back as the waitress arrives, a young human woman with bright red hair and freckles, she places the mugs in front of you all, and a smaller cup filled with tea for Laudine. Before she asks if you need anything else, someone enters the tavern that has most members looking in that direction. "Well well well, looks like its your time to shine kids. Goodluck, and the drinks are on me, looks like you won't get to enjoy them." He takes his drink, and him and many other full members get up after excusing themselves and leave the room, going into the back rooms, the working area of the guild.


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    Wayne has finally arrived. The old human warrior, his skin heavily tanned and brown due to his shaonti heritage, wearing a style of armor similar to the city watch captain uniforms, except with the blacklock symbol, and several new strips and patches of metal to fix the damage its received from the years.

    "Alright recruits, its time to get started. Stand to attention in front of the bar, and I will explain the mission and your orders.". Several of the recruits immediately get up and stand before the bar with you. "Now, as you know... lately there has been a mockery of the queen and our late queen flooding the streets.", with that he holds up a vial of dark blue liquid. "As you can see here, it is called "Ileosa's Tear". Its an powerful hallucinogen capable of making the user experience the world as a paradise, and there body feels no pain or discomfort. However, its all an illusion, the drug itself actually contorts the body as you lose control of your own muscles. Your bones snap, your flesh twists, your jaw tries to pry itself open. Its gruesome." He sighs and puts the vial away. "As you can guess, we have been ordered to find and stop the production of this drug before it gets any further out of control. This also means that full members, which are known around the city, cannot effectively scout around as well as we would like due to our identities. Something you all should have no problem with. Your mission is simple, there are fifteen recruits, so I will be splitting you into three groups of five. You may later register under a party of your choosing after you complete the job, but for now, the people closest to you are your brothers in arms."

    You all look around and find yourselves on the right side of the group of recruits. The orc and Ariana seem to be in the center along with the halfling girl from earlier and Drig the dwarf, while a few other members like the elven couple are on the other side.

    "Now, your job is to infiltrate any drug dens and ask around and investigate any lowlifes you might assume will have connections to the drug. Trust me, with how far its spread, this should not be a issue. Your goal is to find the location of where its being made, and be warned, with the amount being sold, they have a large distribution center, or several scattered around the city, but you only need to find one to complete your trial. You may investigate anywhere within the city and question anyone you deem necessary, just try to act natural and do not reveal your connections to the guild at any time. Any questions?" He hands each group a map of the city.




    OOC: We are in the town square of North Point currently, the little square area in the center.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    North_Ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    Silviu was still displeased about having lost not only his ale but also the chance to chat up the girl with freckles - how far down her bodice those things went? - when the Shoanti boss started giving his breaking. Mocking Ileosa, now that's a laugh, he mused to himself as he listened. The pretty young queen's probably mournin' with some knight and his lance, poor thing indeed. Still, it was best to keep such notions to himself, since it seemed that at least Wayne had high notions of her.

    What did pick Silviu's interest, however, was the mention of their trial - and the new drug. I'll be a scum-suckin' ogre if the Sczarni don't have their fingers in that pie, he contemplated and wondered what gangs - Sczarni or otherwise - would be in on that action. And most importantly, where they'd keep such operations. It would have to be somewhere the city guard didn't dare or didn't want to look...

    As he contemplated that, he looked around his comrades. There was Laudine the cleric... and that too-pretty-by-half singer... a tiefling... and some fellow with a scholarly air about him. "So... it looks like we're together, then", he started, trying to break the ice. "Name's Silviu, pleasure to meet you all."
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

    Avatar courtesy of Elder Tsofu

    Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zealumieo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    It was a shame all she had was a chance to smell the fragrance of her tea before they were called off. But, Laudine was pleased to hear the trail was going to be fairly straightforward. She had to agree, even among other Illicit drugs of latest design- the Tears were a painful thing to deal with in the city. As for the late queen they were named after, Laudine was glad to have sidestepped the majority of what was mostly loose tongues and open gossip about it. 'I've been to busy to care about what one royal does before the next one steps in.'

    But what were the odds? Already an acquaintance with half of the group it seemed. For the two new faces, Laudine was intrigued by the Tiefling... actually she was intrigued by both of them. She could sympathize with the only other woman in the group covering up- not that Laudine would say it outloud. Better to go unnoticed then to be harried at every street corner. The tall human seemed a little reserved and a bit distracted- something you don't want to be in the middle of introductions. She looked back at lucky Desaix, seemed he was pretty charmed himself- same group, a silent prediction carried through. "Mine is Laudine Tirrem, we should take a moment to organize ourselves. Cleric of Abadar at your service." she introduced herself, following Silviu's welcoming lead.

    She had a couple of ideas of good places to start... Manly places she was accustomed too. It followed common sense logic, where would drug addicts attempt to borrow money from first? A bank. Unless they were too Desperate and borrowed from their suppliers.

    What was also a good place would be a center for healing- there was always a handful of people with enough sense to quit while they were ahead and the best places to go cold turkey was a temple where someone would watch you even if you felt weak willed. Even if people had snuck off, it'd give them names for returning addicts.

    OOC: If no one else retrieves the map from Wayne, Laudine will have taken it... Even if she feels like she doesn't need it.
    Oh Man, Sucks To Be You.

    Oh Come On, You Aren't Even Trying
    I know you can do better then that.

    Hark, Thy Fate Sucketh?

    That is...
    Much Worse

    -The DM of The Rings

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: The Blacklock Society [Pathfinder]

    She turned towards the tall fellow as he addressed her. His bright dress sharply contrasted against his dark hair and tan skin. "Ah, good to meet you. Sarka....just Sarka. No last name." She was beginning to feel a bit more at ease.

    Then the undine began to talk. A cleric. Of course there had to be a cleric. And Sarka did not like the looks at that other human nearby. He was the tallest person in the group, but didn't have the slightest bit of armor and only carried that stick. Could he make it anymore obvious he was a caster? Oh well, she might as well go through the motions. "Nice to meet you..." Sarka apprehensively stretched out her hand. "A... pleasure to be working with you."

    She began to turn over the possibilities. Well, the slums are always the place to look for new drugs, so maybe Old Korvasa. It would definitely provide plenty of places to hid an operation, and the old docks would be prime for smuggling the ingredients. Of course, with something this nasty, you might not want to try pushing it onto locals. Maybe back alley deals with tourists passing through Midland? They would be easy enough to catch with all those promises the peddlers made.
    Last edited by lemeres; 2012-09-25 at 04:16 PM.
    Character(s):
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •