1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Appropriate time to wait before bumping a thread?

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand time over, but I just wanted to be sure.

So I made a thread in the "finsing players" section of PBP gaming, hoping to start an experimental game. however, there has been no activity from other posters, from the people who have posted interest, or anyone else for that matter, in several days.

So long story short: is there an... "accepted" timeframe after which bumping a thread could be considered okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Appropriate time to wait before bumping a thread?

The answer is no. Just remake the thread after it falls off the first page.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    The answer to this is no as well. One topic, one thread. It just creates strain on the server. The only time at which you do this is if your thread has hit the point where posting in it would be thread necromancy.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-22 at 06:58 PM.
    Mystic Unity by DirtyTabs

My New Ask Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Ikari
    ...yeah, I'm basically gonna use you as my example to explain how White, as a color of magic, can represent pure evil. =P
    My extended Homebrew Signature
    My Monster Classes. Taking requests! Come give it a look.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

However, if you can bump the thread in a way to where it seems like you're adding new information to the thread, it's not a problem, I wouldn't think. And I'd imagine people would be more lenient for play by post.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    As noted above, don't do that. One thread per topic. If a thread becomes old enough that posting in it would be thread necromancy, please start a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki_42 View Post
    However, if you can bump the thread in a way to where it seems like you're adding new information to the thread, it's not a problem, I wouldn't think. And I'd imagine people would be more lenient for play by post.
    Don't do that either. Don't bump a thread just to add something new. I won't even comment on why pretending to have something new to add isn't appropriate.

If no one is interested in responding to your post, so be it. Do not bump threads just to try to generate more attention for your topic.

If you want an exception to the rule, and you think there's a good reason for it, please PM a mod.

Also, please don't respond to Board Issues questions based on what you think is right or what should be the case. If you know what the rule is, and you're sure you know what the rule is, then by all means, help the poster out. But providing a wrong answer is very unhelpful.
    Constable Roland by Balford
    Old Ways, a long-running RC/BECMI game is now recruiting for a replacement player.
    Forum Rules