New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Help Newbie Barbarian Bash Heads

Hm, the more I look at it, combat reflexes -> Robilar's Gambit doesn't seem so hot. I think I'll be unlikely to have the Dex to exploit it, and won't I be getting AoO's from people wandering around in squares threatened by the glaive anyways? Or am i completely off-base and robilar's is godmode?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Re: Smoking. It says command, and that it reforms after you move, and it doesn't say it turns off... so just start it before the fight. Or have it up all day, whatever. Going for, ultimately, a +1 Greater Blurring Mithral Chain Shirt with +1 Smoking Armor Spikes, a Shadowy Diadem, a Shadow Cloak, and a Mithralmist Shirt is... pretty good, you know? Rather than the Amulet of Natural Armor / Ring of Protection / +X Mithral Full Plate / +X Dancing (or is it Animated? I can never remember) Shield sort of deal which focuses on AC instead.
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2012-10-07 at 06:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Concealment does not stack.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

No, but you can still get multiple versions of it, like 20%, then another 20%, then another 20%... So it's not a single 60%... ONE of them is likely to work!
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2012-10-07 at 06:46 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

You only get to roll once even if you have two or more sources of 20% concealment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules Compendium p. 32
    Multiple concealment conditions don’t stack. If a creature receives miss chances from multiple sources, such as from being incorporeal and having concealment, only the highest miss chance applies.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SirAxealot View Post
    Hm, the more I look at it, combat reflexes -> Robilar's Gambit doesn't seem so hot. I think I'll be unlikely to have the Dex to exploit it, and won't I be getting AoO's from people wandering around in squares threatened by the glaive anyways? Or am i completely off-base and robilar's is godmode?
    You'll be able to get more Dex with magic items reasonably early and you'll probably want to anyways for Initiative, skills, saves and what-have-you.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.