Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Skyscraper Graveyard II: Jealousy and Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Hmm. I see. Certainly more workable than a Thousand-Suns / Space Wolf teamup, at the very least.

Still, it's enough of a thing for a raised eyebrow or two, I suspect.
    Oh, if it was known to the NPCs of the game she'd almost certainly get shot. So she's going to be posing as a Free Councillor.

But the players should know the secret.
    If you teach a man to fish, he'll still vote for the guy that gives him a fish.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Oh, if it was known to the NPCs of the game she'd almost certainly get shot. So she's going to be posing as a Free Councillor.

But the players should know the secret.
    Yeah, the fact that she's a seer needs to be known to the players, though I still like it better that you discuss it, rather than me stepping in as DM and being like "hey guys, she's a seer, but don't kill him, okay?"

Also, as a seer and a librarian at that, you're going to be privy to some extra info about what the hell is going on in the city at the start, and I don't know how much of that you want to share necessarily.
    Soul Tracer avatar by Thanqol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Anarion Mori?
    You just highlandered an entire city block into a glass-filled storm by road-runnering down it in your underwear.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Keeping secrets from the party, with players passing notes to the GM, is super lame in my opinion. Every player should be aware that they're being set up for betrayal because being blindsided by that stuff sucks.

This is basic social contract stuff; the only time when that's okay is when it's in the contract that your betrayal will be sudden and inevitable, such as when playing Paranoia.

Also I'm going to need to put this to the group to work out a good reason to be working with the party in the first place.
    Tried this in a changeling game. the guy whose character was "boobs, sword and medpack" thought I was being an extremist.

And dammit now I can't think about anything except a hot anthro Luna. Okay, gimme a minute. Gotta find my focus.

Right! Okay!
    My idea for being in Hong Kong was "I'm an acanthus with 4 dots of destiny. I don't know why I'm here but I am." I'm only not going 5 dots because I want a familiar. Sai familiar may or may not be a succubus. Your reason for wing there could be as simple as 'the kookie person walked by me, remembered me from
    Years ago and insisted out meeting was fate. I'm to join your cabal, on the condition that he stops callin me Steve."

Huh. I thought that kind of thing would be a whole-party or no-one kind of choice, like Sith/Jedi in a Star Wars game, or Loyalist/Traitor Marines.

Will be interesting to see how that works out.

Edit - Damn Seer Ninjas.
    (Looks like it works more closely to how I'd figure after all)
    Actually, having status in multiple orders is suggete by the core book, with a heavy hint of being a spy. It's not all that hard, amongst consenting adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfate View Post
    Devils! Stop binding SiuiS' pony!

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Yeah, the fact that she's a seer needs to be known to the players, though I still like it better that you discuss it, rather than me stepping in as DM and being like "hey guys, she's a seer, but don't kill him, okay?"

Also, as a seer and a librarian at that, you're going to be privy to some extra info about what the hell is going on in the city at the start, and I don't know how much of that you want to share necessarily.
    I'm completely planning to open the thread with "I have this Seer, I need a good excuse for her to be working with you guys, maybe she's a prisoner/being blackmailed/paying off a debt/you guys have something over her, what's it going to be?"

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    It's not all that hard, amongst consenting adults.
    My god man, you're just a bottomless pit of suggestive out of context quotes, aren't you?

Acanthus is good, always nice to have a convenient source of predicting the future.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

You just highlandered an entire city block into a glass-filled storm by road-runnering down it in your underwear.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

I don't have the emotional bandwidth to commit to a second game, so I won't be joining and will be instead following the unfolding hilarity and intruigingness of the particular setting from the sidelines (as I originally intended for this game).

But it occurs to me that I know the kind of angle I'd probably take if joining such a game from what I know at the moment. When I conceived of Jack of Hearts, I had very recently finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist and other similar Anime, so the whole High-Wisdom goody-goody angle was forefront in my subconcious. This flavoured the whole excersize.

For a game set all the way over in Hong Kong, with a secret seer in the party and so on, I'd have to go very different. I think it would call for rewatching Black Lagoon (and to a lesser extent perhaps the first series of Darker than Black, but mostly Black Lagoon). A more broken, selfish, tear it all down character with little problem killing. If they had any time for higher philosophical thoughts or plans (and they likely wouldn't have much), they might be interested in destroying the status quo and/or slamming so much vulgar magic up in the house that the whole paradox thing gives up and goes home crying.

Would quite likely exit the game relatively early, feet first as it were.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

I don't have the emotional bandwidth to commit to a second game, so I won't be joining and will be instead following the unfolding hilarity and intruigingness of the particular setting from the sidelines (as I originally intended for this game).
    To clarify, I am not recruiting for this game, which is why I had not posted about it in this ooc thread following my initial mention of it after the no-forum insanity period. I asked a few people and specifically wanted to keep the numbers small. SiuiS brought it up here again, and I felt like it was okay to respond to him, but I want to make it clear that I do not have any open slots unless someone drops out.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

To clarify, I am not recruiting for this game, which is why I had not posted about it in this ooc thread following my initial mention of it after the no-forum insanity period. I asked a few people and specifically wanted to keep the numbers small. SiuiS brought it up here again, and I felt like it was okay to respond to him, but I want to make it clear that I do not have any open slots unless someone drops out.
    Which is lucky for me, because I have a long-term addiction to starting new characters. I think I must have played the Neverwinter Nights prologue about two dozen times at least. Got out of the first act of the game exactly once.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Which is lucky for me, because I have a long-term addiction to starting new characters. I think I must have played the Neverwinter Nights prologue about two dozen times at least. Got out of the first act of the game exactly once.
    I know that feel, bro. I know that feel.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry. I did try to be oblique about it. I'm sorry if my mention causes any tension between ponies. That was what I wanted to avoid. Honestly? I just want a framework in which to make characters. I have ideas and they may even be playable.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

DD, I woul actually be more wiling to trust a Mastigos, provided they seemed moral. Think about it. Someone who not only knows you intimately, but knows exactly what the ramifications of that knowledge are? It's actually kind of comforting. Plus every time they went out to eat and didn't bring me back coffee would be a personal affront, and they know it. It woul be the most loving platonic relationship ever.
    Ok, true - a high Wisdom Mastigos would be a good ally. I suppose I'm just thinking of what happens with a low Wisdom but not-quite-bat***t one...

Funny you should say that because I'll be playing a Seer.
    Think of a Sith, except instead of 'passion and power' it's 'cash and hookers', and instead of 'loyalty unto death' it's 'being a Seer is pretty great, you should try it'.

Seers don't stomp any puppies or anything, most of the one-sided frothing hate comes from the Pentacle's side. Moreover, since Seer ideals are so totally selfish it makes perfect sense for a Seer to go over to the Pentacle if it would help their position - such as using the Pentacle to kill their higher ups before taking their jobs.

EDIT: As Vulcan would say, "The best part of being a materialist is that you've got nothing worth dying over."
    Ahaha, it's like I wrote Mara's background with this in mind, except I had no idea. This will be hilarious (by which I mean we're all going to wind up Seers, aren't we?)
    Well, ok, there's also a decent shot Mara will become a Scelestus

I know that feel, bro. I know that feel.
    And DD makes three. I could actually cite Tiki's example exactly >.>

Sorry. I did try to be oblique about it. I'm sorry if my mention causes any tension between ponies. That was what I wanted to avoid. Honestly? I just want a framework in which to make characters. I have ideas and they may even be playable.
    If it makes you feel any better, I was getting really close to cracking myself, so I'm secretly thanking you for bringing it up.

...that probably doesn't make you feel any better though. Have hugs instead.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post

Hi white text.

If it makes you feel any better, I was getting really close to cracking myself, so I'm secretly thanking you for bringing it up.

...that probably doesn't make you feel any better though. Have hugs instead.
    I'm sorry. I'm being really slow because I also have a lot of schoolwork and I'm doing that ponythread X-com playthrough. I'm really socked this week too.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry. I'm being really slow because I also have a lot of schoolwork and I'm doing that ponythread X-com playthrough. I'm really socked this week too.
    No worries. I was just being an impatient droid; it's my problem, not yours.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, true - a high Wisdom Mastigos would be a good ally. I suppose I'm just thinking of what happens with a low Wisdom but not-quite-bat***t one...
    Not even high wisdom. A high wisdom Mastigos would respect your privacy. All I need is someone who is intelligent enough to value my existence, and wisdom could tank as long as he's not scelestus.

Scelestus autocorrects to svelte stud. Maybe that white text was more wishful thinking than we thought? ;)

Ahaha, it's like I wrote Mara's background with this in mind, except I had no idea. This will be hilarious (by which I mean we're all going to wind up Seers, aren't we?)
    You've already got a character going?

We need a help group. Stephanie and her Superheros Anonymous can go piss off.
    I trust this satisfies your requirements, Anarion?

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

I trust this satisfies your requirements, Anarion?
    Sorry, but I don't know what "this" means in that last sentence. When you say you trust "this" satisfies my requirements, what are you talking about?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #526
    Firbolg in the Playground

This music video totally made me think of Mage, and what it'd be like to play a cabal of pre-teen or early teen mages.

deviantArt | FiMFiction | Twitter | Skype : athecoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Deadly, a delightfully daring drawer and drafter of dissertations. Defying the dictations of our disparate denizens, Deadly decides his direction with a dirth of dependence on the decisions of despotic desperados. Deadly detests dismissive derision, and will debate any dude or dame that dares to detest discussion.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, but I don't know what "this" means in that last sentence. When you say you trust "this" satisfies my requirements, what are you talking about?
    You asked that I link when I bring up threads out of context.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-10-22 at 07:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Scelestus autocorrects to svelte stud. Maybe that white text was more wishful thinking than we thought? ;)
    Nothing says sexy quite like Abyssal corruption...

You've already got a character going?

Mages Anonymous?

"Hi my name is [Shadow Name Here], and I can set people on fire with my mind."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

You asked that I link when I bring up threads out of context.
    Oh, I see. Yes, it was awesome.

Mages Anonymous?

"Hi my name is [Shadow Name Here], and I can set people on fire with my mind."
    "And sometimes, when the people are looking first, instead of fire, it turns into abyssal demons. I like the demons, they're friendly."

Room: "Hi, [Shadow Name Here]."

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    This music video totally made me think of Mage, and what it'd be like to play a cabal of pre-teen or early teen mages.
    Young mages is actually something I've been rolling around in my head recently. Hasn't really led to anything definite so far though...

"And sometimes, when the people are looking first, instead of fire, it turns into abyssal demons. I like the demons, they're friendly."

Room: "Hi, [Shadow Name Here]."
    The 12th step is Ascension. The program has a low completion rate...

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

I have to check a book for my next post, so that'll be tomorrow. Soz.

22. - Top - End - #532

Young mages is actually something I've been rolling around in my head recently. Hasn't really led to anything definite so far though...
    Let me know if it gets anywhere

I feel sorry for the icecream man in the video. Anyway, I couldn't help but wonder what kind of mages the three kids are, so ...

The white kid we see first is probably a Space mage. He seems like the one who keeps an eye on things, so Mind is probably not a crazy idea either. No doubt Mastigos, then. And clearly he has some Animal Ken, what with the dogs.

The black kid is clearly a Forces mage, what with the lightning thing. Most likely Obrimos, of course, although I'm not sure I see any Prime stuff in there. But then, there's not much to base any of this on in the first place. I think he's the one dodging bullets from a machine gun at the end, that might be some minor fate/time stuff, maybe?

The third kid, the one with the conscience, is probably Matter, based on his fondness for explosives. I suppose Moros, except he might have Spirit sight, what with the shadow thing, and Spirit really isn't a Moros specialty. On the other hand, he's clearly not Thyrsus or otherwise trained in Life, or he'd have been able to do something to save the icecream man's arm. So Moros is probably a good bet.

So a Mastigos, Obrimos and Moros. For some reason I really like that party setup. I'd peg them all as either Adamantine Arrow or Free Council.

Aaaand ... that was today's random, pointless exercise in analyzing a silly music video in terms of Mage.

Deadly, a delightfully daring drawer and drafter of dissertations. Defying the dictations of our disparate denizens, Deadly decides his direction with a dirth of dependence on the decisions of despotic desperados. Deadly detests dismissive derision, and will debate any dude or dame that dares to detest discussion.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Aaaand ... that was today's random, pointless exercise in analyzing a silly music video in terms of Mage.
    Now do this one.

I don't even understand what's happening in it without Mage parallels.

24. - Top - End - #534

Now do this one.

"not available in your country" I hate when they do that

Found another, though.

Well, that was certainly ... something. You know, my immediate impression is that what we're witnessing here is what happens when you Square the Circle. It's a mage duel, although the details will need further viewing of what exactly is going on. That's my gut reaction from first view.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Seems a simple enough video, really.

Aging popstar goes on cocaine bender. I suppose to mage-ify that it'd be aging Seer goes on exotic-drug-fueled bender.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

After actually watching that Bangarang video I agree that it's great for Mage inspiration. Saved.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Now do this one.

Seems a simple enough video, really.

Aging popstar goes on cocaine bender. I suppose to mage-ify that it'd be aging Seer goes on exotic-drug-fueled bender.
    Hmm, I actually think that's some attempt to remove an abyssal manifestation, possibly contained in the radio in some manner. There are obviously several distortions of reality going on there, and they're using a combination of symbols including the whole kidnapping thing and the weird race/gender cage fight scenario as their best ritual to properly close the manifestation.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

I'd be less surprised by Madonna creating an abyssal manifestion than closing one, to be perfectly honest.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

So, uh, I might have broken down a while back and gotten a commission. Rob D's good, what can I say?

Anyway, meet Turing:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

So, uh, I might have broken down a while back and gotten a commission. Rob D's good, what can I say?

Anyway, meet Turing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very very nice.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show