Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Skyscraper Graveyard II: Jealousy and Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Further Editing - I kind of Love the idea of Werewolf. But kind of hate it, too. Not sure if that ambivalence is for the same reasons as Thanqol or not.
    Essentially, the idea of Werewolves is something that interests me enough for perking up of ears and paying attention. I could get down with a heavily spirit world invested game too. But my mental image of Werewolves and the concept of werewolves has so very painfully little in common with the WoD Werewolf that it's almost funny.

Perhaps some of that is simply unfamiliarity with with the material, but more likely it's just a personal taste in wolfmen thing.
    I like the idea of shapeshifters in a modern society, of the stray dog patrolling the city block and the huge monster bursting through a wall and slaughtering mobsters.

I find their magic and rituals and enforced shamanism traditions super lame, and their mechanics weaksauce. I very much do not like the idea of a WoD game focused on the combat mechanics. I also think werewolf society is silly.

Werewolf to me is great as a Solo-level game, where it's a pack of young werewolves with no idea what the hell. A horror game where the PCs could well be the most terrible monsters in the room.
    "Any person, aggressive clowns or hunters of clowns, discovered in possession of a weapon on the highway will be arrested."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently pretty much exactly the same reasons.

Here is a song about Werewolves. It doesn't really relate to this conversation, though.

Well, it's a relief to have that post out the way. Just the rolling to go, now.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well damn, you people sure have a lot of mana to spend. Amun only has 3 points left, so if he wants one to spare in case of emergencies, he can only really offer 2 points.

We're going to have a big problem here, aren't we? If I remember the rules right, our hallow provides 5 points of mana each night which means we can only recover one point each (and then fight over that last point). Which means tomorrow we're all going to be left with only 2 points of mana or something.

And we're meeting a Seer. Let's all pray that meeting stays peaceful and with no complications of any kind.

deviantArt | FiMFiction | Twitter | Skype : athecoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Deadly, a delightfully daring drawer and drafter of dissertations. Defying the dictations of our disparate denizens, Deadly decides his direction with a dirth of dependence on the decisions of despotic desperados. Deadly detests dismissive derision, and will debate any dude or dame that dares to detest discussion.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I thoroughly expected to be spending by far the most when I made my bid. This isn't something Jack was going to hold back on and most of his magic doesn't ask for mana anyway. It'd be nice to properly fix the resonance of the place, but by my reckoning that means we'll need a lot of dice. We'll just have to see how it goes and who has what they consider spare.

I'd say that given it's Tessen directly meeting the Seer, she probably gets first dibs on the Hallow.

If Jack has to get through tomorrow on his remaining point of mana then that's what he'll do and he's fine with that.

There is the potential that we could have saved up excess mana from previous days/weeks as Tass already, but given that none of us have mentioned how we do such a thing, it's possible that we simply haven't worked something out yet. It'd certainly be fair to my mind for Thanqol to rule that there are no current surpluses and we're effectively starting any usage or stockpile from day one of the game.

But if there are, that'll go a long way to help.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

There is the potential that we could have saved up excess mana from previous days/weeks as Tass already, but given that none of us have mentioned how we do such a thing, it's possible that we simply haven't worked something out yet. It'd certainly be fair to my mind for Thanqol to rule that there are no current surpluses and we're effectively starting any usage or stockpile from day one of the game.

But if there are, that'll go a long way to help.
    You currently don't have a stockpile.

Also if you have extended downtime I count Tass as accruing at half the Hallow's rating under the idea that you perform the odd magical experiment now and then.

And we're meeting a Seer. Let's all pray that meeting stays peaceful and with no complications of any kind.
    trollface.jpg
    "Any person, aggressive clowns or hunters of clowns, discovered in possession of a weapon on the highway will be arrested."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Don't forget pattern scouring. You can take a lethal at night before going to bed to restore some mana and be healed up in the morning, though it's an uncomfortable night.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Anarion Mori?
    You just highlandered an entire city block into a glass-filled storm by road-runnering down it in your underwear.

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Don't forget pattern scouring. You can take a lethal at night before going to bed to restore some mana and be healed up in the morning, though it's an uncomfortable night.
    I think Amun would like to avoid further damage He sure is spending lots of mana and taking lots of damage compared to everyone else.

You can also temporarily reduce a physical attribute for 3 points of mana, IIRC, but these are all rather desperate measures, stuff you might do in an emergency or something.

Also, upon further reflection of the discussion from the other day, I've come to believe that Amun really ought to be a lot crazier than he is. I think that's why I'm having trouble with him, he's been way too Applejack so far.

Deadly, a delightfully daring drawer and drafter of dissertations. Defying the dictations of our disparate denizens, Deadly decides his direction with a dirth of dependence on the decisions of despotic desperados. Deadly detests dismissive derision, and will debate any dude or dame that dares to detest discussion.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Lethal heals at one point/2 days.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Lethal heals at one point/2 days.
    So it does, Thanqol, so it does. You're up early this morning, by the way.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

You just highlandered an entire city block into a glass-filled storm by road-runnering down it in your underwear.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

So it does, Thanqol, so it does. You're up early this morning, by the way.
    "Early", heh. Normally I get up at 12, this is one of the few days I've got to get up at 9.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Can't you guys gift Tessen all the mana, and then redistribute it when she survives?

Totally lost a post last night and haven't the will to go back yet, but;
    Anarion: the episode point where they are on a game show, the guy asks a question and homer says "is the answer Japan?" and the host shouts something behind te curtain. It made the Japanese exchange student laugh, but he wouldn't tell us what the hair said, just confirmed it was actual Japanese. I wanna know what he said.

Thanqol: is the bike's specific speed because it is self-animate, or because you didn't like the rule set for how bikes work?

Othe people: for werewolf, well, they aren't really werewolves. I actually have trouble saying werewolf instead of Uratha. They require commission with old beliefs on spirit nature, the premonotheistic Persian stuff whose name I can never recall. You could give Detroit Rock City a read, although the first character you meet is a huge Mary Sue. She gets played well, and my knee jerk dislike faded, but the second PC makes things much better. It's okay to go in blind, as I learned as much about the setting from te constant buzz-word dropping here as from the actual books.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfate View Post
    Devils! Stop binding SiuiS' pony!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

A realization dawned today: I'm the only poster in this thread currently lacking an MLP-based avatar...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    A realization dawned today: I'm the only poster in this thread currently lacking an MLP-based avatar...
    Nah bro.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Nah bro.
    You're totally half-pony...

What? It counts!

<.<

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Nah bro.
    It's okay, we still love you.

@SiuiS: I'm taking a look. I'll edit when I hear the line if I can figure it out.

Okay got it: It's kinda boring actually. He just says "you idiot, who is responsible for this terrible thing?"

Edit 2: decided to watch that out to the end. Bart is so right about Japan's Kentucky Fried Chicken. KFC there is the best thing. I would have starved without it my first time living there.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-10-10 at 06:56 PM.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

I'll write up something for Amun tomorrow. I'm not feeling in a very writing mood today, sorry

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Can't you guys gift Tessen all the mana, and then redistribute it when she survives?
    Mana control is Prime 3. Catch is that it's going to cost a point of mana for Amun to improvise a transfer spell.

Thanqol: is the bike's specific speed because it is self-animate, or because you didn't like the rule set for how bikes work?
    No, it obeys the Armoury bike rules, it just uses the speed of it's rider who's speed 11.

With her Time skill she can move that thing at 120mph.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Mana control is Prime 3. Catch is that it's going to cost a point of mana for Amun to improvise a transfer spell.
    I also remind everyone that Tessen's artifact has a big reserve of mana, I think around 13 points. So, if Amun is going to blow a point of mana for a transfer, it should come from there.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

I also remind everyone that Tessen's artifact has a big reserve of mana, I think around 13 points. So, if Amun is going to blow a point of mana for a transfer, it should come from there.
    Oh goddamn you guys have a mana factory going here.

(Remember that each use of it has been costing you 1 point)

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Time to store up some Tass!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

You're totally half-pony...

What? It counts!

<.<
    Yup. Hot too.

it regens 4 a day, too. It's day three, and hasn't been use much since day one.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

[6+5+3+2+1 - dice pool of 17

You guys ain't leaving this to chance, are you?

Someone take the roll!]
    I think it's because we don't want to merely save our own skins, we're so fixated on busting the foul resonance. If we need 5+ Successes, we can't really afford to take chances.

Not when it comes down to the Dice's sense of humour and the dramatically appropriate.

Anarion, you want to do the honours?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. Hot too.
    I'd be pretty disappoint if I had an avvie that wasn't...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

We need to have something to barter with other mages around the city. And sitting on the best magical nexus in the city and a pretty sweet artifact mana battery and a prime 3 mage goes a long way there.

it regens 4 a day, too. It's day three, and hasn't been use much since day one.
    You didn't read far enough. I used it on the Jerusalem man and a couple other people as well. It's probably sitting around 10 mana at the moment, though I didn't count.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

I'd be pretty disappoint if I had an avvie that wasn't...
    ... Good point.

You didn't read far enough. I used it on the Jerusalem man and a couple other people as well. It's probably sitting around 10 mana at the moment, though I didn't count.
    I recalled. I just wasn't sure on the timeline for the last few uses.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, SiuiS, did you notice I translated the line for you? It was just the guy saying "stupid, what idiot did this terrible thing" or thereabouts. It's a pretty general phrase and doesn't really need to be translated literally. I'd be perfectly comfortable translating it as "I'm surrounded by idiots" even though those aren't the literal words.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-10-11 at 03:06 PM.
    Lawyer Pony by DirtyTabs

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

So if 16 mana flying around can retcon the calendar, I think I'm starting to see why keeping too much spare Tass to hand isn't the brightest of ideas...

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, SiuiS, did you notice I translated the line for you? It was just the guy saying "stupid, what idiot did this terrible thing" or thereabouts. It's a pretty general phrase and doesn't really need to be translated literally. I'd be perfectly comfortable translating it as "I'm surrounded by idiots" even though those aren't the literal words.
    I'm sorry. I did see that, yes. That and one other thing keep poppin up, and then slippif m min by the time I get around to posting.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

So if 16 mana flying around can retcon the calendar, I think I'm starting to see why keeping too much spare Tass to hand isn't the brightest of ideas...
    No, man, this is beyond what a hundred points of mana in one place can do. Time itself reconfigured. The earth's orbit is now 360 days exactly.

What the hell, man.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Here's one to twist your melon.
    Did it retcon the calender, or did it restore it.

Well, probably not, but you never know.

So to recap - The abyssal manifestation shouldn't have been abyssally manifesting as and when and where it was due to lack of awakened-ness involved in the event/location or so.
    Fixing it shouldn't have had any effect on the calender, either, but somehow managed to retcon/restore (Delete as appropriate) the earth's orbit to exactly 360 days.