New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

Later - Mouse

Magtok seems a tad reluctant to accept the hug, but doesn't do anything to stop it, either. Let's not make things weirder than they already are by denying her gratitude, right? It's just a hug, those end quickly enough.

"It hasn't been a complete failure. Nothing has been traced back to me, and my employee's still more or less intact, minus a single calf. Really, this is only a little bit less than breaking even."

He glances at his wrist briefly, before returning his gaze to her.

"It's probably much too soon to ask this of you, but do you think you'd have better luck with the Neutralist Organization? I have some data I need double-checked, a risk assessment performed, and an plethora of questions answered."

Later - Joachim

"Don't call me your lord," Magtok mutters, watching the ghost go with a scowl. Oh, he just knows this is going to turn out bad somehow. He'll just have to take the good with the bad, though. There's too much at stake, too much adventure to be had to just run away crying and cowering under the bed.

Later - Willow

The cyborg nods, pulling out a laser pointer to gesture towards various points at the map that are lacking in purple dots.

"The discs seem alright, though your coverage map is lacking here, there, and also over here, which can be amended easily enough. My only question is off-topic, though. When it eventually comes time for your swift, unexpected, yet inevitable betrayal, could you not go overboard with the Star Wars references? I'm well aware I was your father's intern, and all the student-master nonsense involved, the circles being complete, and how we're not so different, you and I. You can have one paraphrased quote, a short one, but any more than that and I won't be able to take you seriously."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

Later - Willow

Willow makes a few taps with her stylus on her verysmartphone, and the areas Magtok requested appear on the coverage map.

"Hmm? Really? No, I was thinking I'd impress you so much with my technical prowess that you'd set me up as your heir and successor. That pits you against your own children, as they ostensibly fight for their inheritance, causing you to believe they've betrayed you, but of course, you learn in the final battle that they've really been trying to win back your love. That's a better story than you vs. the daughter of some middle aged guy that blames you for his failures, but can't be bothered to turn up onscreen to actually do anything about it."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Later - Mouse

"It'll be done as soon as I can replace my fingers." She says, holding up her left hand to show the missing digits. "I just need a few days of lab time to make a new set and to gear up again." She tells him, surprisingly willing to head back out mere days after what she considers to be an utter failure of a mission. "Mind if I make a request though? I'd like a partner, or at least someone who is stationed near by to receive messages to pass them along. Someone who can also bail my ass out "

Later - Pat

Parts of Pat are busy shoring up and rebuilding the defenses, while others are concentrating on improving her own abilities. It'd cost a lot of energy and time, but she had that to spare. But in the midst of all that, a Harlequin still goes out to look for a MagClone, any MagClone, with a file in her hands.

4. - Top - End - #784

Later - Willow

Magtok shrugs.

"I suppose it meshes well enough with the pre-existing 'paranoid father can never really open up to his kids, because he's been hurt and betrayed before, and lives in constant dread that his children will do the same and go apocalyptic on him' sideplot I've already got going. You'd need more than technical knowledge to be a worthwhile heir, though. I'd also need to be out of clones and dying of some unspecified incurable illness that bears an uncanny resemblance to the theatre version of tuberculosis, otherwise immortality makes that sort of thing pointless. We already have some work done on the clones angle, I guess, but infecting me would be tricky to get away with, wouldn't it? Hrm...

But yes, the discs. Let's do that. How portable are they, though? There are times when running away screaming is the better part of valor, and I'll need to make a timely exit or else die horribly. My old system also facilitated the transportation of pocket-sized goods, acting as a sort of utility belt, without being quite so stupidly obvious and out in the open."

Later - Mouse

"I've got exactly the individual lined up for the job, standing by. Don't speak to him until he speaks to you first, though. Also, never mention his use of magic, psykers, sorcery, or anything of the sort in his presence, if you can avoid it. He's sort of a loner, more out of necessity than by nature, and his eccentricities may get tiresome, but he's a good guy, deep down, and I know he won't let any harm come to you if he can prevent it."

Mouse is handed a file by Magtok.

Later - Pat

Meanwhile, Magtok is handed a file by Pat. It's her own MagClone, conveniently enough, mostly because her cyborg was sent away before the Great Cave Offensive happened, so he lived no matter what actually happened earlier, and I'm not at risk of violating continuity by having him here.

"Oh, hey. What's this, Pat?"
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Later - Willow

"But of course, you were only naming me your heir as a way to drive a wedge between me and my father. There'd be a super secret will that would have negated that. But if you really plan to go to the fringe of death, you can't go wrong with Space Tuberculosis."
    Willow says. "You should probably go ahead and prepare the heartfelt song you'll belt out despite your lungs falling apart. You just really don't want to take chances that your death aria isn't perfect. Not that you're actually supposed to die. I mean, come on, this is the Nexus. No one who matters, ever dies."

She turns back to her verysmartphone and works on some calculations for a while. "Okay, I think I can pull this off. Even better than the stepping disk - imagine a fabric imbued with the same technology. It's going to require crazy miniaturization to work, and be ridiculously expensive, but if your robes are made of the fabric, then you can do the 'laser goose out of a pocket' one minute, and the 'disappearing Magtok trick' the next."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

Later - Mouse

"Is it Needs or is it Michalson?" Mouse asks as she opens the fire, curious at what lay within.

Later - Pat

"Well, I've been thinking of going out some more, but after the attack, I think I need something a bit inconspicuous to look like." Pat admits as she offers the file. "There's some possible likenesses in there I've been pondering. Of all shapes and sizes. My particular favorite is the Van Halen "Hot For Teacher", but "Baywatch" is a close second and Halle Barry a third." She admits with a teasing smile. "Of course, I suppose I could do all three..."

7. - Top - End - #787

[MagCave Interior - Cloney Room]

Finally busting out through the door, a baker's dozen of Magbots pored into the room, lasgeese honking rancorously. Ten of their number aimed their rather cranky birds at the troops in the room although if the mages were in sight, they would take priority. Best get rid of the supply chain as fast as possible, after all. Their aim would be notably sharper than usual, though.

Two of the remaining three bots produced a pair of brick-sized objects and primed them, hurling them at the ground where the two objects burst and began forming a strange, tough, foam that grew in an oddly organized fashion until a meter high wall three meters long had been made. It was surprisingly fast acting stuff but it would hopefully provide some modicum of cover at least.

The last Magbot, however, seemed to be fiddling with a strange energy weapon for the moment. Given that it had just flipped a dial over to a setting that read 'overload,' it was waiting for the capacitors to charge up..

[MagCave - Later]

Magtok's likely least favorite Magtern seems to have finally come back after the horrific mess of the invasion. If that wasn't all, she seemed to not be able to leave him alone while she attended her own designs if that message asking an audience with him was of any indication. Surviving camera feeds would at least give the cyborg knowledge of the silver lining that she was without her troublemaking fey, though.

In any case, until he chose to deal with her, Riss would be doing what she could to aim with the reconstruction of the cave and possibly doing a bit of infrastructure upgrades where she thought might be helpful.

8. - Top - End - #788

Later - Willow

Magtok frowns, studiously staring at the last image projected on the wall, even though it's completely irrelevant now.

"Alright, so this fabric...am I going to have to direct all escape attempts to a changing room in the MagCave, or does the robe go with me?"

Terribly important, that question.

Later - Mouse

"Needs," Magtok says with a sigh. He's surprised Mouse has managed to keep in touch with Nexus going-ons to even know and/or remember those two names, and a little disappointed that he's being forced to make the big reveal now, instead of later. Damn her and her disinterest in dramatics!

Later - Pat

"Yes," Magtok responds simply, quickly flipping through the file. "Yes, yes, yes, no, absolutely yes but never anywhere in public, yes."

Later - Riss

"Hi, Riss. Good to see you've decided to maintain your employment here. I may have to delay a paycheck or two, but everything should be sorted out in less than an IC month. What've you got for me?"

Whoa, wait...what? I thought Magtok didn't like Riss, what's this?! Being all genuinely civil and whatnot, I don't...did all the warring and nonsense make him forget what an awful pain in the neck her weird antlered face can be?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-08-25 at 10:54 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Later - Mouse

Mouse looks back up, blinking a second before realizing her mistake. When she does, she closes the folder and looks down at it. "Who's the mysterious person within?" She asks a little deadpan, but putting a bit of effort into giving Magtok a chance to show off.

Later - Pat

"Okay." Pat says with a wry smile as she takes the folder back. "They'll be up and brewing within a couple days. Maybe I'll have a couple give a show to the Cave." She hints with a quirked eyebrow.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

Later - Willow

Willow blinks. Then she grimaces and shudders. "I so did not need that mental image." Ewwww! He's as old as her dad!

After a moment to recover, she taps at her verysmartphone. "Incorporate... self-teleporting... function..." She's careful not to look back at Magtok as she goes on. "I'm forwarding you the list of supplies I'm going to need to create a prototype." The list includes lots of technical parts, three MagRobes, a starter solution of unprimed nanobots, a ludicrous sum of money, and a cage full of gerbils.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #791

Later - Willow

"I'm forwarding you a counter-offer," Magtok replies nonchalantly, despite the fact that he's not typing away on anything whatsoever, or even looking at any sort of gadgetry. Even so, his reply is finished and sent over to the verysmartphone by the end of his sentence, more or less identical to Willow's demands, but with considerably less money to work with. It's still a large budget, of course, but there's a lot less wiggle room than there may have been a moment ago.

Later - Mouse

"Purrrrrloin," comes Mouse's answer, as the purple cat pokemon strides into the room. It has the strangest pair of glowing, bright-orange eyes, without any pupils whatsoever. It also has the strangest smell, come to think of it. I mean, given that cats, pokemon or otherwise, don't normally smell like rubbing alcohol and cough syrup.

"Oh look, there's Needs now, coincidentally. The files on him aren't exactly up to date, as you can see. He lost his old body in the war, but he hasn't been showing up in mirrors or photographs for the last day or so, so updating things has been a little...yeah. You're a mercenary with a pet now, a Mouse with a cat.

As for the file, just commit the contents of that picture to memory, in case Needs has another unhappy accident. A backup for your backup, to be activated if things go especially awful. We can't one hundred percent trust him not to sell you out to make himself looks better, but he won't recognize you as an employee of mine, so just don't go near him unless you have to."

Later - Pat

"You could sell tickets. Well, a ticket. I'd buy one, and then all the other MagClones would be watching with my eyes and then loudly denying that they ever saw any of it profusely for the next three weeks."

That might or might not just be wishful thinking on the part of Pat's Magtok. The other clones are nothing if not terribly uncomfortable and awkward when it comes to the existence of the betrothed duo of clone and ant. The fact that as another hive mind, there's no real reason for Pat to settle for just one clone, and that she's a better match for their chaotic cloning system than anyone else in the Nexus is a fact that they've been doing their best not to acknowledge, ever, not even to themselves.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse - Later

Mouse looks down at the cat and reaches down to pet him, ignoring the fact that it's actually Needs. She had no real issue with either Needs or Cats. Cats were self-sufficient for the most part, and apparently Needs was too. Maybe.

"I'll be sure to memorize the details. Is there anything else you'd like me to do while I'm there?" She asks, absentmindedly trying to pick up Needs to hold.

Later - Pat

Pat smiles for a moment before a more serious expression comes to her face. "It might just be my Romance novels talking, but Love, how do the other Clones fair companion wise? I get the feeling there's some intense...feelings about us, and I can't help but think things might be better if there was at least a chance for them to be distracted by their own companions. Should I try to bring others here for them?" She asks, simply wondering. "It might cause some issues, but my sisters..." The ant pauses to shake her head for a moment. "They have issues themselves, but maybe I can get them to play nice?"
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-08-25 at 09:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #793

Mouse - Later

"Just keep an eye open for opportunities," Magtok says vaguely. It should be clear enough by now that Mouse doesn't have the full story, nor will she be given it. Maggy has his secrets, and clearly has no intention of sharing them all.

The cat purrs in Mouse's arms, and then recites the Merriam-Webster definition of 'cantankerous'.

Pat - Later

"Feelings are mixed. Some thing too many clones are dating as is, and there's not enough single clones free of romantic entanglements, to prevent further tabloid babbling. Others think we should at least make up for the Missy breakup opening, or maybe just embrace the reputation and go all-out. Screw the tabloids, we have money."

The former ghost shrugs.

"And if there's one thing I've learned about the Nexus, it's this: everyone has issues. Whatever it is, it can't be that bad."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Later - Mouse

Mouse grins when she hears the definition, the first genuine smile she's ever given since joining Magtok, and nods at the orders. "I'll take a couple days to recover and work on the cover with Needs, and then we'll head out. Thank you, Lord." She says, giving a small bow before heading back to her old rooms unless stopped.

Later - Pat

Pat raises an eyebrow. "Jette tends to light on fire when she's excited, and Lita is a complete and total shut in. More so than even I was." She tells him with a small smile. "And Jette would have to be beaten in combat first. Are those issues that can be dealt with?"

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

Later - Willow

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Later - Willow

"I'm forwarding you a counter-offer," Magtok replies nonchalantly, despite the fact that he's not typing away on anything whatsoever, or even looking at any sort of gadgetry. Even so, his reply is finished and sent over to the verysmartphone by the end of his sentence, more or less identical to Willow's demands, but with considerably less money to work with. It's still a large budget, of course, but there's a lot less wiggle room than there may have been a moment ago.

"Stingy. But I'll make do. Hopefully I won't have to cut corners,"
    Willow says with a sniff. "Do you have an AI that is clever enough to handle traffic through all of the transport nodes?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #796

Later - Mouse

Nope! Nothing stopping her.

Later - Pat

Harpoontok frowns, considering the matter quietly in silent conversation with his brethren, before picking his head back up. "How much fire are we talking here? And the rules and conditions of this fight?"

Later - Willow

"Two, actually. Ask for Archimedes or Mainframe, they should both be up to the task. I recommend Archy if you want interaction, Mainframe if you just want to handwave your way through things."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-08-27 at 04:57 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #797

[Later - Riss]

Riss would have been visibly taken aback by this change of demeanor had she not further upgraded her mental clock speed. Of course, it still being her, there was that half-second pause before she replied. "Ah.. Hello, Sir. I do believe I signed a contract so you have no need to worry about my decisions on that front." she said in what was possibly the most consistent and upbeat tone she had ever used around the cyborg. Perhaps that upgrade finally let her deal with those annoying pauses she would always use when dealing with.. Well, nearly everyone she spoke with trying to find the right words. "Initially I have only a few questions but I do have something that I want your input on." she said, mentally sending a few files at Magtok.

"First off, we've come across some interesting materials recently and I was wondering if you had a mass spectrometer of some kind that was still in working condition? I know inventory checks are still happening but maybe you might know better than I." she said in reference to what looked to be a strange blueish metal. It was in a liquid state but, then again, so was mercury. There was also a silvery material which had a dark and rather oily luster to it although this image seemed to have been taken under low light conditions. There was some odd data in particular with the blue metal in that it seemed to behave almost like a polymer at times although there was not much else and next to none on the oily silver.

"Secondly, I've been doing some experiments with an extremely high bandwidth instantaneous communication system but I am having some issues with recreating a few effects that utilize a method not unlike a teleportation system. Might I be granted access to the blueprints and formulas in use by your own systems for this?" she asked, sending the schematics she had drawn up already over as well. It seemed to be a shockingly small device, a sphere no larger than a thumb, for what she promised it could deliver... Still, the calculations looked sound which was a point in it's favor... Though it seemed to have several mentions of 'neural circuitry' here and there for some odd reason..
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2013-08-27 at 05:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse's Room

Mouse shuts her door behind her before dropping Needs to the ground to let him wander. He'll find that her room is fairly spartan for the most part, without even as much as a TV. What she does have is a bed, desk w/ chair, a rather large closet, a small bookcase, and peace lily that somehow hasn't suffered any neglect since she's left.

Finally, taking up an entire wall, is a crowded workbench full of scraps of different technology and her tools. It seems she likes to tinker.

Without any regards to Needs' preferences, Mouse carefully removes every piece of the set of rags she's currently wearing before putting them roughly into a bag to toss into the closet in case she ever needed to wear them again. Once that's done, she sits on the bed and examines the seam where the cybernetic leg attaches itself to the small portion of her thigh that was left. As good as Magtok was, it was shoddy work all-in-all, but it'd do for now until she had time to graft on some other technologies she's collected.

Once done looking over her leg, she picks up a camera and heads to stand in front of a full-length mirror. She takes a quick picture for review, in case she needs to ever get back into the physical appearance she's currently in again. After that, she heads into the adjoining bathroom to return to her normal self.

Needs will probably be waiting for a better part of an hour and a half, but if he gets bored, the door is open as she showers.

When she gets back, Needs will find out that she's quite a bit more beautiful than her cybernetics and rags would lead one to believe, like a pin-up model. With the dirt gone, her skin is pale and her hair is actually slightly curly black rather than dusty brown.

Only once her hair is dry does she head back to the closet to grab a pair of pants and a simple white t-shirt to pull on. When she's done with that, she heads over to the workbench to start rebuilding a new set of fingers for her right hand, stopping only to reach down to scratch Needs' ears.

Later - Pat

"All they have to do is beat her in combat. She thinks it's only physical combat, but I think any would do."
    Pat explains with a small smile. "If it helps provide an incentive, I've given her tips on more appropriate forms for herself rather than "Large Angry Ant-Woman"."

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Later - Willow

Later - Willow

"Two, actually. Ask for Archimedes or Mainframe, they should both be up to the task. I recommend Archy if you want interaction, Mainframe if you just want to handwave your way through things."
    "I believe that's all I need to get started. You can expect a prototype soon," Willow says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

[MagCave Entrance]

A miniature gyro-copter powered by a small battery arrives, bearing a small scrap of folded paper. It lands in front of the cave and shuts down, waiting for the message to be read.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #801

Later - Riss

"Done, done, and done. The spectrometer's in Lab T. In the closet, in a box marked as tangerines."

Magtok, every box in that closet is a tangerine box. You deliberately swapped the tangerine boxes with the scientific analysis equipment just to screw with Excelsior, on the off-chance they came down to that part of the MagCave.

"The teleportation system stuff is fine, and I'm authorizing Archie to provide it for you as we speak. Only issue is that Willow Warwick might be overhauling and replacing the whole system in the near future, as the old telewarp methods depended heavily on the MagSat to provide accurate coordinates in spite of the Nexus's shifting geography. The MagSat, as you know, is dead."

Even more so than it was after the crash, now that it's been confiscated by Remnant. Those loathsome government thieves and scavengers, stealing away his work without a thought!

Mouse's Room

Needs (if that even is Needs) is a good cat. Well, good by cat standards, anyways. He more or less ignores Mouse, instead poking around the room for stuff to steal and put in a pile.

Later - Pat

Magtok nods, and then stops to glance at his wrist again.

"I've got one confirmed interested party, but I dunno if he really counts. The AMEN-leading clone is liable to die any minute, so he's not exactly long-term relationship material. Could be he's just looking for an excuse to be murdered while doing something interesting."

MagCave Entrance

A scowling MagClone appears to read the piece of paper, a pair of Magbots standing beside him as he does so, at the ready to violently destroy the gyrocopter, should it rise back up and try to do something nefarious.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-08-29 at 10:31 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Later - Pat

Pat tilts her own head for a moment, talking to her sister. "Surprisingly, she says sure. She can arrive in AMEN in force if necessary. She sounded...strange though. I haven't talked to her for a while, but it feels like somethings shocked her pretty badly." She says, shaking her head. "If it helps, she probably could protect the Clone pretty well."

23. - Top - End - #803

Later - Pat

Magtok blinks. "What if someone in AMEN kills her, though? Or Watchtower? Or if she kills him and everyone else there sees it and makes her leader?"

These questions are listed in order of terribleness, as you can see.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

Later - Pat

She tilts her head once more, conversing with Jette. "She has multiple bodies and a low tolerance for stupidity. I doubt anyone in Watch or AMEN would get a decent shot at her, but even if they do, it doesn't really matter. If she kills someone, it's because they deserved it."

The final question makes Pat smile wryly though. "Responsibility? Is there anything else you want to scare her with?"

25. - Top - End - #805

[Later - Riss]

It felt rather strange to Riss for the exchange here to be going so smoothly. "Understood, Sir." she said, downloading the relevant information as she spoke. A moment's pause interloped before she went on to another somewhat pressing topic. "..Also, Sir, given that I have relocated my dwelling space in the interim, do you require it for something else now or should I convert it into a data storage and processing center?" Well, that wasn't quite it but it was related, at least

"On that note, do you require a new address considering this relocation?" she asked. She couldn't see why he would want to actually call on her but for record keeping purposes, it may be relevant.

26. - Top - End - #806

From HALO, With Love

Magtok's phone is ringing. Caller ID says it's Tobias Vulpan.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

27. - Top - End - #807
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Final Battle

There is, ostensibly, still a war going on. A four-pronged assault on the vital points of the MagCave. And if the power was to go out, or Archimedes be destroyed at his central computer banks, that would certainly tilt the odds in Excelsior's favor.

Only, none of that matters half so much as the fourth target. The teleblock field stretching over Mount En. With Excelsior's own field now set up, the destruction of Magtok's would be a deathblow, allowing them to bypass all the traps and obstacles set in their way. Not much of a war left if they can simply teleport explosives onto any remaining defenses.

That is why Prometheus himself is leading the attack. A giant, broad-shouldered and impossibly tall, clad head to toe by elementium armor stained in blood and ash. In his right hand he holds a cutlass, crafted from the same unyielding metal as his plate mail, it's edge honed so thin as to exist only in metaphorical terms. Yet by the magic of the Nexus, a theoretical, impossible edge can be terrifying effective against real flesh and bone.

At his right is Daedalus, kid genius of Excelsior. He too is clad in armor, but the protonic reversal effect that downed the ghostwurm also sheered a good chunk away, from the left side of the collarbone to just below his right shoulder. The blast removed his head too, but hey, it's kinda cool to be immortal. He brings no blade or gun, but a wand whittled of bone, a red scarf tyed around his forehead like a bandanna.

With them are the troops. Six Einherjar supersoldiers, heavily armored, their identical faces covered by identical masks that gleam under the smallest speck of light. They're armed with grenades, E14 rifles, pistols, swords. One of them has a toolkit slung over his back. Another had medical supplies, but was lost along the way with three others to a particularly nasty surprise.

And bringing up the rear is the support. Two battlemages, levitating a heavy metal crate between them. Their weapon is the shield that now surrounds the others, protecting them so they can keep up fighting the bad fight.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

MagCave Entrance

A scowling MagClone appears to read the piece of paper, a pair of Magbots standing beside him as he does so, at the ready to violently destroy the gyrocopter, should it rise back up and try to do something nefarious.
    The message reads:

Magtok,

If you're interested in obtaining some juicy information about my erstwhile superiors in the Irregulars, drop by the old manor in the birch grove just east of Inside.
    The tiny gyrocopter does nothing.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Whenever, it's irrelevant

Magtok's phone is ringing with whatever song he chose to make Reinholdt's ring. Probably something along these lines. I mean, why wouldn't Magtok think of that song when it comes to Reinholdt?
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #810

The Final Battle

((I'll get to this soon.))

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Later - Pat

She tilts her head once more, conversing with Jette. "She has multiple bodies and a low tolerance for stupidity. I doubt anyone in Watch or AMEN would get a decent shot at her, but even if they do, it doesn't really matter. If she kills someone, it's because they deserved it."

The final question makes Pat smile wryly though. "Responsibility? Is there anything else you want to scare her with?"
    "No, I'm sure that clone can intimidate well enough on his own. He wasn't assigned AMEN duties because he was soft, you know."

Harpoontok says no more on the subject. Let AMENtok stand on his own merits, so Jette can decide on her own whether he's intense enough to meet her lofty standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Later - Riss]

It felt rather strange to Riss for the exchange here to be going so smoothly. "Understood, Sir." she said, downloading the relevant information as she spoke. A moment's pause interloped before she went on to another somewhat pressing topic. "..Also, Sir, given that I have relocated my dwelling space in the interim, do you require it for something else now or should I convert it into a data storage and processing center?" Well, that wasn't quite it but it was related, at least

"On that note, do you require a new address considering this relocation?" she asked. She couldn't see why he would want to actually call on her but for record keeping purposes, it may be relevant.
    "Sure. Probably won't need the address, but just in case another emergency comes up, why not. And I'll deal with the empty space myself; there's some changes that need to be made around here."

Magtok peers at his wrist, making a mental note to put one of the new project ideas in what was once the Lime Room.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    From HALO, With Love

Magtok's phone is ringing. Caller ID says it's Tobias Vulpan.
    It's answered right around the second ring, Magtok having hesitated for just a moment to read the Caller ID. "Hello? This is Magtok. I think you have the wrong number."

Gyrocopter

Magtok heads off, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Whenever, it's irrelevant

Magtok's phone is ringing with whatever song he chose to make Reinholdt's ring. Probably something along these lines. I mean, why wouldn't Magtok think of that song when it comes to Reinholdt?
    About halfway down the hall to Margret's room, Magtok puts a gun down and answers the phone, interrupting the song it had been playing.

"This is a really bad time, cat."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson