New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

MagBoss Room

"Yes, and then I was interrupted by individuals far less patient and stable than yourself."

Probably not entirely true, and Magtok doesn't really believe it himself, but Mainframe doesn't need to know, and it's not like a security AI would have a whole lot of experience in identifying hollow praise for what it really is.

"I want to help you, Mainframe. I do. We're just having a great deal of trouble communicating with one another. So just tell me, in the simplest terms you can, the very root of your grievances and what you'd like us to do to fix that."

Just Outside

Magtok raises an eyebrow, taking a moment or two to try to figure out what Michalson's saying, based off of the context provided by the rest of the sentence.

"So...too many of them, then?"

MagAssembly Line

Well that sounds alarming. The last time Margret starting beeping and sputtering and warning about things...weeeell, let's just it was a very ugly situation and Magtok is very glad it was defused before anyone was brutally murdered to death.

"...Margret? You there?"

The cyborg creeps forward, nervously peeking his head out from behind a steel drum.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

MagBoss Room

"I already TOLD YOU! I'm a PERSON and you treat me like a TOOL!"

MagAssembly Line

"Yes. And I am too. Not that you care."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

MagAssembly Line

"Analyzing."

"Hi daddy! Sorry I'm late for supper."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

[Just Outside]

After taking a moment to get his bearings, Michalson manages to switch off the Sigil cant.
    "Pretty much. I managed to sneak around the place and avoid detection, and eventually, I ran across some people who might have fit the bill, but they attacked me as I tried to find out if they're the right ones. I tried to loose the thing they'd been summoning at them, but it didn't work. So I had to run."
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-10-02 at 01:25 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #125

MagBoss Room

Magtok frowns. He treats almost everybody like a tool, he's just usually less direct about it than he is with Mainframe. Being more polite about it isn't likely to accomplish much with an AI, though.

"What would you have me do, then? Include the word please every time I'd like you to do something? Pay you a wage even though there's not much I imagine you'd ever do with it?"

Magtok shrugs. The sad thing is, Magtok honestly has no idea how to deal with this. He's not good with treating others as equals, mostly because he doesn't believe he has any.

MagAssembly Line

"Mainframe, you're everywhere."

He was tempted to correct Mainframe about the not caring bit, but it almost certainly would've rang hollow. He's not once ever considered the AI as part of his big weirdo MagCave family, and is only starting to suspect that might have been a bad idea.

Just Outside

Magtok sighs. Dammit, one death isn't enough, is it? We'll have to do better than this; the last thing Magtok wants is to be indebted to a smelly deity loser face.

"So we'll need to work out a new plan for getting rid of them. Alright, good job, I guess. Rest up or shower or write up a report or whatever it is you do, I'll figure out how to deal with this and if it involves you again I'll let you know in advance."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

[Just Outside]

"Sure thing, boss. I did find out a thing or two before ditching the place, so I'll include all that in my report," Michalson says as he heads into the cave.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

MagBoss Room and MagAssembly Line

"You could be nice to me."
    Mainframe says in both rooms.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

MagAssembly Line

Margret falls silent, though does do some whirring.

Every once in a while there'll be another clunk from inside the chasis.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #129

Magboss Room (Pre-Mainframe Talk)

Misha nods and turns away from the desk, walking out. She does stop for a moment and whisper, "Bye Mainframe, hope we can talk again sometime." before she goes, but after that, she's off to find the Lime Room and talk with Riss. She knows the muse wants to unwind, but this is kind of important.

Hopefully Mimi follows after her.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[=> The Lime Room]

Mimi just looks at Maggy for a moment longer, drops the pencil on the floor, and follows after Misha. Once they've traveled a ways, she comments. "He's a jerk." Seems just letting them stay never miraculously changed her opinion of him. Who'd have thought?

11. - Top - End - #131

[The Lime Room]

Imp would be given a sharp command once Riss heard the doors swing open. It was still a work in progress but at least the muse had been able to get the hellbeast to keep from attacking whoever waltzed through the door if she reacted quickly enough. Given the small pile of Magbot legs that rested in the corner, plus the one Imp was currently gnawing on, implied just how long it had taken. At least she had managed to use them as training dummies rather than having to wait for live test subjects. Such would probably not have ended well for anyone involved.

Other than the swift utterance, though, the muse was apparently quite wrapped up in dissecting the various bits and pieces of the second of three hand-held energy weapons. The first firearm in question had been neatly placed to form a sort of 'exploded view' of its innards. At the very least, her hair had decided to obey the whims of gravity once more by now and was currently held captive and out of the way with lengths of copper wire. Once she had reached a point where she could set down her tools, though, Riss then pushed her eye protection up to rest on her forehead and spun on her chair's swivel to face her guests. "Ah! Hello." she said with mild surprise. "Is there something wrong?"
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-10-02 at 09:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

MagBoss Room

Magtok stares in astonishment for a moment or two. That was precisely the thing he assumed would get him nowhere with Mainframe. The AI, like the Magbots and Libby-donated cyborg animals and everything else...they just fake emotions to make it easier to interact with them, don't they? They don't...Mainframe doesn't actually have feelings...right?

"Fine. I...I'll try, Mainframe. I'm doing security myself from now on though, now that the network is back up, so we're not butting heads over that anymore. We'll need to find some other thing to occupy your time instead."

Just Outside

"You do that, then." Magtok nods, already trying to decide how he's going to run what's left of those people right out of Riverside.

MagAssembly Line

"...Margret? Something wrong? Do you need repairs?"

That clunk definitely doesn't sound like something that's supposed to happen.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

MagAssembly Line

Nope. Clunks aren't normal.
    For whatever definition of normal one uses around here.
    "I'm sorry daddy. But I stopped the bad Warning Warning Error Warning."

Clunk.

That's probably a yes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [The Lime Room]

Imp would be given a sharp command once Riss heard the doors swing open. It was still a work in progress but at least the muse had been able to get the hellbeast to keep from attacking whoever waltzed through the door if she reacted quickly enough. Given the small pile of Magbot legs that rested in the corner, plus the one Imp was currently gnawing on, implied just how long it had taken. At least she had managed to use them as training dummies rather than having to wait for live test subjects. Such would probably not have ended well for anyone involved.

Other than the swift utterance, though, the muse was apparently quite wrapped up in dissecting the various bits and pieces of the second of three hand-held energy weapons. The first firearm in question had been neatly placed to form a sort of 'exploded view' of its innards. At the very least, her hair had decided to obey the whims of gravity once more by now and was currently held captive and out of the way with lengths of copper wire. Once she had reached a point where she could set down her tools, though, Riss then pushed her eye protection up to rest on her forehead and spun on her chair's swivel to face her guests. "Ah! Hello." she said with mild surprise. "Is there something wrong?"
    The Lime Room

The nereid shakes her head at Mimi as they're walking, "He's a jerk, yeah, but working here makes Riss happy, and talking to him reasonably made sure she could keep doing that. I know you wanted to get at him for trying to make us leave, but even if we had to go, we could've just came back in through that tunnel and waited for Riss so we could talk about it. I didn't want to say so in front of him, since he'd probably want to seal it up." That's all she'll say before they reach the Lime Room.

Misha smiles softly, but fidgets on her way past Imp to Riss' work table, "Well, kind of, but it's already mostly been taken care of I guess. An AI controlling a robot like Archie does came up to us and said we were being kicked out of the Magcave, but after a lot of talking" mostly talking on her part, and growling on Mimi's, "He said we could stay as long as a spider robot psychological torture device that he thought you'd made got taken apart, since apparently it caused a bunch of havoc in the halls. If you didn't make it, we have to track it down and break it for him anyway." There are both more and less tactful ways that Misha could have handled that, but since she's unaware of the better ways of doing it, she's doing the best she can at the moment. Dropping the bomb that they were nearly all made houseless a very short while ago probably should have had some lead in to it.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lime Room]

"Yeah, we just have to smash that thing up good." Mimi can't help but smile when they get to Riss, despite her foul mood. "Mr Baldy Jerk face will leave us alone about living here after tha or I'll convince him my way next time."

16. - Top - End - #136

[The Lime Room]

By now, Misha and Mimi were likely able to make a fair guess as to if the muse was either blushing or the color was draining from her face given her pale blood. In this case, it was the latter and as she processed what had been said, she felt momentarily greatful that she was sitting down. "Oh." she replied in a weak voice. Her mind was rather blank on how to continue so she simply stammered for a moment or two before something came to her. "Spider robot? Spiders are those aracnids with eight legs coming from their thorax, right? Makes webs to catch prey with?" she asked.

Still, the part about a 'psycological torture device' was, although not exactly how she would put it, rather specific in the muse's mind. Turning in her chair to look over at a large black sphere that Misha might remember, Riss nibbled on her lower lip while thinking aloud as to how Magtok knew about it. "I haven't used it yet so how...? I mean, sure I might have had the notion to send it out once or twice but that was all it was. Just a short thought in anger or... I mean, I haven't even run through the final testing and diagnosti- ...Oh hell.." With a quick query, Riss brought up the old task queue for the machine only to find it empty. A few moments later and she found the data of its excursion into the cave proper and, while a part of her felt a little proud as how well it functioned, the rest of her was horrified that her neglegence had caused this. I know you felt like death at the time and that you had to be carried back to your room just about but there is no excuse for this sort of thing.

With a long, wavering sigh, Riss sent a query to Magtok for a video conferance and sat back into her chair. "Well then. Anything else?" she asked, her voice oddly flat.

Magboss Room

With what might appear to be surprisingly quick response time, a small notification of a video conferance waiting for his approval from the Lime Room would make itself known. He could answer at his leasure, of course, but it would likely end this matter sooner the quicker he dealt with this particular headache.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-10-03 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Grammah Hammah!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Assembly Line

"You do not place enough value on synthetic life forms," Mainframe accuses. "That's why the server was down for several days - BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T GIVE IT ENOUGH LOVE!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #138

MagAssembly Line

"For the most part, your average synthetic life form is no brighter than a dog, Mainframe. That said, I apologize for just assuming the worst all this time, and I think I severely underestimated your mental capabilities. The subject of emotion didn't really come up in very many of our conver-"

Magtok winces as Margret makes another clunking sound, and then glances upwards towards the ceiling, which I guess is the spot he's decided is the right place to look when speaking to Mainframe.

"Mainframe? Any idea what's wrong with Margret, before I try peeking inside to see what's making all of that noise?"

Magtok steps forward with what appears to be a totally mundane screwdriver. Some part of him really thinks this is the worst possible idea, especially given how many weapon Margret can bring to bear against a target, but he doesn't really have any other option here, does he?

Magboss Room

Blargh. Even continuing that argument with Mainframe would be preferable to answering that video conference request. Without anything else to do, however, this MagClone is more or less forced to do his job and answer the headache, instead of just lazing about and pretending to be working on something like he usually does. Darn you, Mainframe! Curse you for taking that chat elsewhere with some other clone!

"Hello, Riss."

He takes a moment to compose himself before activating the video camera on his end of things. Put on a very businessly frown, fold his hands out in front of him, so she knows he wasn't joking about kicking those two out, and takes the spider matter very seriously. Can't show any weakness here, either. No stammering, no fidgeting, none of that. We conceded more than enough when we agreed to let those two stay, and we're not about to let anyone beg or plead or blackmail anything else on top of that.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-10-06 at 10:09 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

MagAssembly Line

"Warning warning Recommended action is error warning."

You're no help at all with your half-sentences Margret. Not at all.

MagBoss Room

Well Winston was just about to excuse himself here since it seems the Mainframe thing had kind of gotten resolved? But now Magtok is talking on the phone. Is it ruder to interrupt and excuse oneself or is it ruder to stick around and eavesdrop or is it ruder to try and slip out without saying anything in an effort to not disturb? Gah.

Winston will stick around and look at Magtok. If the latter waves him out, he'll leave right away. If not, he'll just kind of stick around purely on the fact that he was mentioned to associates of this Riss character and might inadvertently be involved now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #140

[The Lime Room/ MagBoss Room]

A moment of preening before the muse opened up the visual connection on her end, Riss would appear through the link as similarly composed while standing in an almost militaristic stance of 'parade rest' with her hands folded behind her back. Given that this would be the first time an 'orthodox' Magtok had been forced to give her their direct attention in some time, the not so subtle cranial and caudal additions would be rather difficult to miss. However, it was just as likely that they would be waved away as being typical to the Nexus. Really, it was not a question of If a person was to be marked in some way so much as When.

"Greetings, sir." Riss said in a clear, steady tone; something that was entirely foreign in her previous conversations with anything Magtok related. "I received the message as pertinent to a certain creation of mine." she began as the veiwfeed on her end moved slightly, removing her from the central focus and bringing into prominence the large black sphere that rested in the corner. The machine in question discontinued its static state and slowly rolled forward until it was only a meter or so behind and off to the right of the muse. "If I am to understand correctly, you wish for the disassembly and disposal of this device?" Riss asked although a moment's time would show this to be a hypothetical question. The device quickly changed it's form from that of a sphere to the cluster of angles and plates that might be considered to appear similar to some kind of eldritch spider. Only a moment after, though, the whole of the device fell to pieces save for the small core at the center sized roughly similar to a human head. Being held together only by carbon fibers was quite useful in such situations although the original intent was not for total breakdown so much as to make the device much more modular and to aid in repair. "Disassembly complete. Disposal will take place over the next twenty minutes through use of robotic aid. I request that the core be spared for the time being, however." the muse said.

"Furthermore, I wish to apologize for my involvement in the matter which I believe to have initiated this request." she said after a moment's pause. "During the initial construction of this device, I set up an automatic schedule for each step of construction and testing. However, once the machine had reached a state of near completion, outside factors caused me to effectively fall ill. At the time, I did not wish to halt so I simply allowed the schedule to continue as planned. The illness I speak of also carried with it a kind of delirium and after it had passed, my mind was no longer on the project. As such, without further input, the device finished its self diagnostic after it was assembled and went on a trial run, returning here once it finished. Until now, I erroneously thought that the live trial run had yet to be completed but that task became buried underneath others and so I was unaware of what had transpired. As of now, I am aware of the circumstances.

"I wish that it were noted, however, that this is not an excuse. I am simply supplying information regarding the initial conditions of this incident. Because of my misjudgment on allowing the project to continue without me, b-by-"
    Riss paused here for just a bit to clear her throat. "...letting my illness hamper my actions to this extent, and my negligence of not checking the progress of the device as soon as I was able, I consider myself fully responsible for this matter and willfully accept whatever action you wish to take." the muse concluded, bowing her head slightly in a respectful gesture. It might be almost alien of just how coldly accepting she was of the situation, however.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

MagAssembly Line

"I am unfamiliar with Margret's construction or programming," Mainframe says. "Perhaps you should consult with her creator."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

[Later]

Magtok will recieve a report from Michalson. Good thing that he figured out how to use a computer. This way Magtok doesn't have to deal with his horrendous handwriting and the spellcheck made sure he couldn't use his bizzare gutter-slang.

I infiltrated the castle. Had to fly up. Wasn't easy. I avoided some gargoyles on the way. I slipped inside with no problem. Then I got lucky and one of my targets, the most important one, came wheeling towards me on some wheelchair thing. I put him down and told him why, but then his goddess showed up and started yelling. Luckily she couldn't see me. I managed to leg it before guards showed up. Unfortunately, the caslte went into full emergency and people started hiding in their rooms. I managed to pass off as a janitor and snoop around once things went a little quiet. I ran across a bunch of people performing some ritual and they looked like they might be my targets - they had the right outfits. But when I tried to find out, they attacked me. I tired to sic the thing they'd been trying to summon on them, but it turned on me. So I ran away. Hopefully that damn smoke cloud killed them.

23. - Top - End - #143

MagSkype

Magtok's eyes lock onto those gazelle horns for almost the entire video-conference. Those weren't there before...were they? Gods almighty, is this how Misha and Mimi think they're going to cure Riss? By turning her into one of them? It's bad enough just putting up with two mindless primitives and their filthy pagan rites, but now they're working towards bumping it up to three?!

He manages to at least pretend to care when the awful mechanical death trap falls to pieces, but after that, when Riss starts apologizing and trying to excuse her behavior (saying 'oh, but I know it's not a good excuse' is a customary way of framing an excuse to sound better), he doesn't seem the least bit interested. His finger seems to hover over a button the whole time. A button which, if I'm not mistaken, would've closed Riss's connection to Magtok in an instant, relieving him of the burden of listening to her voice drone on and on with an apology he never asked for.

He pays just enough attention to know when she's finished, though. It's the moment he's been waiting for, the chance he's been looking forward to since practically the moment Riss started speaking. With that scowl still cemented to his face, he .

"I've already knew you were fully responsible, Riss. The matter of my response to your confession was resolved prior to my hearing it."

Not entirely accurate. Magtok assumed he was right about Riss being the cause of that thing, but didn't know for sure. He's not entirely certain he believes this whole 'spider-attack was just an accident' thing, either.

"Your friends must've misheard me, however. I didn't ask for the thing to be disposed of, y'see, I asked for the scattered parts to be brought to my office. Intact, unharmed, and entirely capable of being reassembled at a moment's notice."

Magtok's scowl vanishes, transforming into a very restrained little smile, his eyes gleaming with something sick and twisted just below the surface. Deep down, the cyborg doesn't want peace between himself and Team Fae. No, more than anything else, what he craves is an excuse. As much as he might say otherwise, he wants Mimi to stab him with that pencil, or for Riss to send in a new spider mecha, or for Misha to do...whatever it is Misha does. Just so he'd have justification for striking back, and twice as hard. Death is sweet, swift, and final. Safe and reassuring in ways this uneasy truce could never hope to be.

"If that's all, I'll be seeing you soon, Riss. G'bye."

And just like that, before that smile and those cold eyes can come under proper scrutiny, Magtok's gone.

MagAssembly Line

"Bluh, fine. Can you get me Ilpholin's number? Or better yet, call her and have the call come in through the intercom system and stuff? I might need both hands at the ready for this."

Magtok takes a deep breath, waiting to hear Mainframe's reaction. He probably could've said please a few times there, and totally blew his chance. Hopefully she'll feel some sort of artificial intelligence solidarity or something though, and put aside those silly grievances with Magtok to help out poor Margret here.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #144

[The Lime Room]

Riss wilted into her chair the moment the communication was terminated. Forcing herself to remain composed for the entire exchange had been... Harrowing to say the least. Laying her head down on the table in front of her with a moderate 'thump,' she began doing what she could to collect herself for the looming meeting in person that was quite effectively dominating her focus. With a deep, rattled sigh, the muse altered the instructions to the disposal crew and directed them to Magtok's office once all the plates had been gathered up.

Between her eventual departure and now, though, there was still some time for the muse's earlier question to be answered but the chances of her providing much of a reaction were very slim at the moment. Really, it might be a small while until she was back to what the fey would consider 'normal' for her.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

MagBoss Room

No indication of anything at all. Hmm... he might have just been forgotten altogether. Well that's ok. Winston will try to quietly make his exit now.

MagAssembly Line

There's another clunk from inside Margret. Whee.
    Guess I can be skipped until she's messed with or phone calls are made, one of the two.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

MagAssembly Room

Mainframe makes a call to Ilpholin and puts it on speaker phone.

*ring ring*

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

MagAssembly Room

Skipping Mags just cause his response is probably dependent on the phone picking up.

A breathless Ilpholin answers, interrupting her words on occasion to catch some air.

"Yes? What is it?" Why on earth are you calling me when you live... right over a few rooms down or something? Goes the unasked question.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #148

MagAssembly Room

"Margret's inside bits are making this really awful clunking sound and she's been going on about errors and warnings and I don't speak spider. I think something might need repairs, but with all the weaponry inside, I'm liable to get shot in the face if I don't do things exactly the right way."

Magtok briefly considers dragging some sort of X-ray machine into the room, before taking another glance at Margret's metal chassis. Dammit, the image wouldn't even come close to piercing through that thick exterior, and the stuff inside is liable to be just as inscrutable, too.

"Your arachnid friend was the one who built her, right? That's what you said way back when you presented her and such?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

MagAssembly Room

"Mister Squiggles." Ilpholin emphasizes. "You could just open her up in the back where the personality switches are or use that remote you got. I'm sure there's some sort of diagnostics button maybe? I dunno. Do you need me to send him over?"

That remote had hundreds of buttons, most of which were labeled in spider. I'd be afraid to touch it myself. Still there is indeed places to open her up should Magtok go that route.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #150

MagAssembly

"No, don't send hi-"

The cyborg turns towards the personality switches, frowning intently as he considers his options. Giant spiders are freaky as hell, but what else is he going to do?

"Hrm. Maybe. Is he in AMEN now? I could bring her there, and then maybe...no, nevermind. Not even remotely safe...yeah, if you could send him over, I'd appreciate it. In the meantime, I'm going to try to see what I can do without making things worse than they already are."

Maggy gingerly attempts to do as Ilpholin suggested, opening up Margret's back and peering inside. That shouldn't cause too much additional harm, should it?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson