New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

MagAssembly

"Yeah, ok. He'll be by in half an hour." Ilpholin says before hanging up.

Margret's warnings in the meantime get louder and more urgent. "WARNING. WARNING. ERROR."

But it's probably already too late. Opening the hatch shouldn't be a hassle. The hassle will probably be the thing that leaps out and tries to cling to Mag's face briefly before attempting to scramble over it and to the other side.

Spoiler
    Show

Then again, maybe Mag's chickened out and didn't open it after all. I wouldn't blame him. Margret does have a lot of weapons.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-10-08 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MagCave VI: What Is a Mag? A Miserable Little Pile of Circuits!

MagAssembly

"I'm not sure half an hour is soon en-AAAUGH!"

JEGUS POGOSTICKING CHRIST WHAT IS THAT HIDEOUS RAT THING AND WHAT WAS IT DOING INSIDE OF MARGRET?!

The cyborg turns around, immediately flipping the screwdriver around in his hand, ready to bash that vermin monster thing's brains out with the screwdriver's handle the moment he catches that awful little thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #153

[Outside the MagCave]

The Gate opens.

And ponies come pouring out!

SO MANY PONIES!

And not just any ponies.

Magical pastel colored talking ponies.

The worst kind.

Luna, AJ, and Dash should be first, yes?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

MagAssembly

"I'm not sure half an hour is soon en-AAAUGH!"

JEGUS POGOSTICKING CHRIST WHAT IS THAT HIDEOUS RAT THING AND WHAT WAS IT DOING INSIDE OF MARGRET?!

The cyborg turns around, immediately flipping the screwdriver around in his hand, ready to bash that vermin monster thing's brains out with the screwdriver's handle the moment he catches that awful little thing.
    "Miss Xar'Cha, Magtok is currently indisposed. Please send assistance when you can, and I will be happy to provide a telewarp portal for Mister Squiggles to expedite his arrival."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

MagAssembly

"Errr... five minutes then." Ilpholin says. Telewarps will be used, though gotta give Squiggles a few seconds to grab any tools he needs.

Well it is pretty small, so you probably could bash it in with a screwdriver. If you can catch it of course.

"Thanks for the breather." Gremlin says, going to run straight through Magtok's legs at a surprising speed, snatching at the robe along the way so that he ends up pulled forward and falling on his face.

An entire assembly line to play with! Oh boy!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-10-09 at 10:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #156

MagAssembly Line

"Aagh, dammit!"

Magtok quickly tries to picks himself up off the ground, more enraged and humiliated than he is in pain for having fallen flat on his own stupid face.

"Get back here, you filthy little mutated gerbil!"

Still brandishing the screwdriver, I see. Hopefully Magtok will get to use it before any Magbots or whatever else get assaulted by that strange thing. It's done enough damage as is, messing with Margret like that.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

MagAssemblyLine

If the thing gets too close to the assembly line where Mainframe is working on its new body (with enhanced sulking ability!) a stun beam will shoot out from one of the new body's components to try and stop it. Otherwise, Mainframe does nothing more.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

MagAssemblyLine

Well it is indeed heading straight for the assembly line. The gremlin doesn't expect a robot stun beam, certainly. The gremlin gets hit and its arms immediately goes to its side as it trembles violently from being stunned. So violently in fact, that he's moving sideways now just from shaking. And bumping into that part of the assembly line with welders and sparks and such and quite probably transferring the violent vibrations into the machine itself for no discernible reason whatsoever. Why, who knows what could happen?

At least it slowed the critter down. Magtok should catch it right about the point it went bump into all of Mag's fine machinery.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [The Lime Room]

Riss wilted into her chair the moment the communication was terminated. Forcing herself to remain composed for the entire exchange had been... Harrowing to say the least. Laying her head down on the table in front of her with a moderate 'thump,' she began doing what she could to collect herself for the looming meeting in person that was quite effectively dominating her focus. With a deep, rattled sigh, the muse altered the instructions to the disposal crew and directed them to Magtok's office once all the plates had been gathered up.

Between her eventual departure and now, though, there was still some time for the muse's earlier question to be answered but the chances of her providing much of a reaction were very slim at the moment. Really, it might be a small while until she was back to what the fey would consider 'normal' for her.
    The Lime Room

For Misha's part, the nereid doesn't answer Riss verbally since the call seemed to have sapped her interest in talking. Instead, Misha crouches next to Riss' chair and just tries to enfold the muse in her arms tenderly. She'll be there for Riss' recovery, however long it takes.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Outside the MagCave]

Ayep.
    The rainbow haired one, the hat one, and the moonish one are the first through, in that order.

The second mostly just being appreciative that the third finally puts her down, quickly dropping to the ground and kissing the dirt.
    "Alive!"
    "Aw, what's wrong AJ? Can't handle a little fall?"
    "There weren't nothin' little-"
    "Hush, squabbles do not aid us now."

Luna cuts off Applejack and Rainbow Dash before a proper argument starts up, then resumes waiting on the others.

Shouldn't be long, really, before Rarity and Pinkie Pie move through, with their respective companions.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lime Room]

Mimi flits over to stand by Riss' head. She gently runs her hand through Riss' hair for a moment before speaking up. "You gonna be okay, Riss?" Her voice is filled with concern, but at the same time there's an undertone of anger toward Maggy. Who does this jerk think he is making Riss feel like this?

12. - Top - End - #162

[The Lime Room]

"Mmm. I'll be fine." the muse said in flat tones although she wasn't entirely certain if she was speaking the truth or lying at the moment. Talking to people in authority, Or at least perceived authority, had never been an easy thing for her. It was why she preferred intermediaries rather than speaking face to face. Of course, she could always just forcibly regulate her heart and breathing rates so as to minimize the outward effects of that anxiety but then the adrenalin just built up in her system. Once she stopped messing with her natural functions, though, it was like getting both an adrenalin rush and crash at the same time and it always left her feeling like her stomach had been tied into a knot while the rest of her felt quite ready for a long nap.

Right. Fifteen... No, Twenty minutes and I should be fine. Should expect this to be longer, though, so.. Prepare for that. Riss leaned into Misha's embrace without complaint and weakly returned the gesture with one arm while making sure to not move her head too much or else she might unbalance Mimi. "I.. Do think that today's productivity will be down, though. What do the both of you think of me just meeting you elsewhere after I see Magtok and then finish up a few things here? Maybe.. Misha, would you mind if we were to all wind up at your place?" she asked, her tone warming slightly.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-10-10 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

13. - Top - End - #163

The Lime Room

Misha pouts, "I don't see why you have to go see him in person, or alone. We can be there with you for support so long as Mimi is kept away from any sharp objects." She sticks her tongue out at Mimi to let the pixie know she's only joking, "Going back to my pool is a great idea, whether we go separately or together. It'll be good to just relax away from here for a while, right?"
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lime Room]

"Oh, to the pond? That's a great idea." Mimi agrees readily. She still wants to actually see this place. "We can totally go deal with baldy then all go there together after." The pixie says with a nod.

15. - Top - End - #165

[The Lime Room]

"Well, I'm fairly certain it's going to be boring for both of you. It might not be but I don't know what Magtok'll think if we all just show up at his door after you and he apparently spoke already. He.. Doesn't seem like someone who is forgiving of his time being wasted and I think more of us there could just elongate our stay. And, considering the subject matter, I'm thinking it might just be easier to do this by myself and.. Well I have to learn how to deal with people on my own somehow." Riss said, pulling away from the nereid and standing up to work some of the nervous energy buildup out of her system.

"Besides, that should be enough time for you to show her around." the muse said, indicating the pixie. "Actually, speaking of which, you can swim, right?" Riss asked, trying to divert the conversation if at all possible.

16. - Top - End - #166

The Lime Room

"Well, we don't have to be in the room, but we can stand outside and wait for you to be finished with him. That way, you'll have us for support if you need us, and we can all go off to the pool when you're finished. I can't really think of any reason that we'd need to go on ahead, it'll still be there no matter how long it takes us to get to it." The nereid accepts the points about more people being there complicating the matter, but she doesn't want to be far off in case her face-to-face with Magtok shakes her up even further.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lime Room]

"I guess we could wait outside." She doesn't really want to deal with Magtok again overly much, and Riss does have a point. "But yeah, we can just wait till you're done talking."

And in response to Riss' question. "I can kinda swim. I've never done it very often, though. Wings aren't good for swimming."

18. - Top - End - #168

[The Lime Room]

Well, I guess if they really want to, I can't exactly tell them no. Well actually I can but there isn't a good reason to, I mean. "Alright, well if you both don't mind waiting then that sounds fine." Riss said as she sorted through the various plates for the core of the machine. It was surprisingly light for its size but it lacked any place to really get a grip and was rather awkward to carry because of that. "Not entirely sure what he wants, though. I mean, a logical conclusion is that he might want to use it somehow but if that's true then I don't understand why he wanted it taken apart in the first place." Then again, it could just be some security measure that I don't know about. Can't really say until I get there.

While there was still some time left before the muse went to present herself before Magtok, unless there was any reason to delay, Riss would go about with finishing a few minor things with the project she had been working on before leaving. With the fey and a hoast of Magbots presumably following, that is.

[MagBoss Room]

Once everything in the Lime Room had been sorted out, there would come a notification that Riss was just outside and waiting to be let in. Once confirmation had been made, clearance had been given, and so on, the muse would take a fortifying breath before stepping in with the core in her arms. "You requested me, sir?"

If the commander with the clenched chrome fist requested it right off, the device would be quickly reassembled although it would be closer to a jigsaw puzzle rather than an industrial event.

Of course, if there was anything that would otherwise alter this line of events, that would take priority.

19. - Top - End - #169

MagBoss Room

Oh no, Magtok has no intention of requesting that it rebuild itself. Simply leaving the parts here, leaving the horrible monster scattered about and with the software just waiting for him to study and tamper with as he sees fit, is more than sufficient.

"I did, Riss. You can feel free to leave just as quickly as you came, now that the device I asked for is here. I do have a few questions, however, if you could spare me a minute or so of your time."

Magtok bows his head, his mismatched eyes descending upon the device with a strange mix of curiosity and greed.

"Just what was this...this thing meant for? You don't strike me as the sort to build an automaton simply for the sake of building it, if you don't mind my saying so, Riss. Everything has its purpose, its directive and function, so what was the goal you had in mind here?"

MagAssembly Line

"HEY! GET AWAY FROM THAT THING!"

Magtok charges forward, only to get a left arm welded to his shoulder by a piece of machinery sent into disarray by that slimy gremlin. He only hesitates for a moment though, willing to tolerate this extraneous limb for as long as it takes to take down that little monster.

Speaking of taking down the gremlin, he tosses the screwdriver at it! That should keep it busy while he's still running towards the thing!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    MagAssemblyLine

Well it is indeed heading straight for the assembly line. The gremlin doesn't expect a robot stun beam, certainly. The gremlin gets hit and its arms immediately goes to its side as it trembles violently from being stunned. So violently in fact, that he's moving sideways now just from shaking. And bumping into that part of the assembly line with welders and sparks and such and quite probably transferring the violent vibrations into the machine itself for no discernible reason whatsoever. Why, who knows what could happen?

At least it slowed the critter down. Magtok should catch it right about the point it went bump into all of Mag's fine machinery.
    MagAssembly Line

"HEY! GET AWAY FROM THAT THING!"

Magtok charges forward, only to get a left arm welded to his shoulder by a piece of machinery sent into disarray by that slimy gremlin. He only hesitates for a moment though, willing to tolerate this extraneous limb for as long as it takes to take down that little monster.

Speaking of taking down the gremlin, he tosses the screwdriver at it! That should keep it busy while he's still running towards the thing!
    Who knows what could happen? Perhaps a robot head getting knocked off the assembly line and rolling around the floor, shooting sparks? Time for soccer!

"Sigh."
    Mainframe says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #171

[MagBoss Room]

Riss felt her stomach lurch when Magtok mentioned questions but was instead relieved when the subject was presented. Ah, one of the easy ones. I can do that at least. "Well, sir, the germinal concept was from the notion that you seem to possess knowledge of individuals whom would visit intentional distress to this organization. Thus, from that point of view, there would likely be the sort of individuals who would be better off incapacitated or purged. Or perhaps not individuals but simply other organizations that have personnel that you feel are misallocated resources."

Alright, so far so good. Right then... Pausing for a breath, the muse continued. "Though, if you would pardon the abandonment of standard terminology.. Or, um.. At least what I understand is standard terminology unless you prefer differently.. Simply put, this device is intended for priority target capture and/or incapacitation through physical damage and mental trauma brought upon by the usage of flensing wires, potent hallucinogenics, and psychoactive substances in combination with distressing visuals and audio. Alternately, it can simply kill the target if needed. Its methods are designed to induce distress in the organization of which the target belongs to if capture is not a priority. I've done some research and went with this design philosophy as it runs extremely counter to the spirit of your usual dealings. This way, you have deniability should you require it."

Riss swallowed as she tried to get rid of the encroaching dryness in her mouth. Failing, she simply concluded her surprisingly lengthy explanation. "I would suggest altering the IFF registry before usage, however. I have not done so as of yet."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

MagAssemblyLine

And here I thought he'd have caught up with that time he was given. Forgot how slowly Mag runs in a robe.

The screwdriver hits the left ear and it tilts down at a very awkward angle, like a lever and there's a small ding. A clue maybe?

Doesn't seem to stop the Gremlin right off though.
    "Death Robot Footballlll!!" It zips over to the robot head, winds up and takes a ridiculously powered kick to send it at Magtok. "FOUR!"
    Just what game are we playing here?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #173

Magboss Room - Just Outside

Misha leans against the wall next to the door with her hands folded behind her head, waiting for Riss to finish up patiently and trying to resist the urge to listen at the door to the conversation like a gossip.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Magboss Room - Just Outside]

Mimi has no such restraint. She hovers right by the door with her ear pressed against it to try and catch whatever it is they're talking about. "I wonder what they're talking about in there."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-10-13 at 09:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

[Outside With Ponies]

Since no one else seems to be taking any initiative...

Sigil Stripes steps through the rift!

...and notices a bunch of weird green clouds swirling around waaaaay up in the sky. They're the dark, threatening sort. The kind that would herald rain if they weren't... y'know... green.

The striped pony gives the oddly colored weather a suspicious glare.

There comes a crash of thunder that sounds suspiciously like someone making thunder sounds really loudly into a megaphone followed by a steady downpour.

Of green plastic army men with parachutes.

The ground will soon be littered with the toys.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #176

MagBoss Room

Magtok nods, still a little doubtful of Riss's claims. It seems the idea of someone killing him accidentally is just too much for his ego to bear.

"I'm not sure if I can believe it was an accident or not, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt this time, Riss. Just this once though, understand? Another death and I'll be forced to assume the three of you have some sort of secret vendetta, and respond accordingly.

Magtok glances at the door, raising an eyebrow for a moment, before he turns his attention back to Riss. He places his elbows down against the desk, clasping his hands together as he stares across the room with a dark scowl.

I think I've made myself clear enough, but just in case, let me put it as bluntly as possible, so there's no room for interpretation: Having my clones is both a blessing and a curse. I can outlast what others could not, but at the cost of knowing exactly what death feels like, and living through it time and time again. I can close my eyes and know precisely how that other clone felt, read the very same panicked thoughts that darted about in his mind before he finally expired. Other people have near-death experiences. I have actual-death experiences, and let me tell you, no matter how you pass on, be it suicide, honorable combat, decapitation, disintegration...it's never pleasant, and I remember every minute of it.

So I'm still alive, but it doesn't change the fact that I also died too, understand? People always seem to gloss over that whole memory thing, for some reason. I've experienced pain most can only imagine, and it's quite insulting to see that forgotten in favor of 'Oh, but he has clones, it's alright' comments and the like. So when I say that if you, Misha, or Mimi ever kill me or my closest again, I will send your own automaton after you to enact poetic justice against you...I'm not blowing things out of proportion, understand? It's not that much to ask that I not have to worry about being killed by the three of you, or losing a daughter, or some other third thing, right?"

Magtok doesn't wait for an answer, however, pointing a chrome finger at the door.

"Dismissed. And tell Mimi to check for cameras next time before she tries listening in like that. I can see her from here."

Outside With Ponies

Magtok just glares at the sky. **** you, sky! Seriously, get lost! This is Magtok's turf, go rain your little plastic soldiers somewhere else!

"Really? Army men? How in the world is that in any way tied into anything that we've done today at all?!"

Other Stuff

I'll get to it soonish.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-10-14 at 10:58 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #177

[MagBoss Room => Outside MagBoss Room]

Likely rather counter to the cyborg's expectations, Riss appeared to relax just a little at the mention of
    retributive action. While the muse was quite aware of the severity indicated, the concept of having at least a small measure of control over such a situation was, while not comforting, at least fortifying in a way. Then again, I could say that about a lot of things.

With a small nod, Riss replied to the dismissal. "U-understood, sir." she said as she backed up to the door. While she had a few questions she wanted to ask, given the nature of the exchange, now would not be the best time to ask. Instead, she offered up one small bit of information. To set the record straight. "Sir, one thing. I would build for the sake of doing so if it were a viable action. However, I am content giving reason to what I create if it means they will be useful." she said, her face pailing somewhat at the admission. "In any event, I-I will have a progress report on my current project to you soon." she said rather hurriedly.

With her back to the door, the muse offered one last phrase in a small voice before leaving. "...Have a pleasant day, sir." she said, her tone possibly registering as being sincere, assuming Magtok's ego allowed for such a thing. Shutting the door behind herself, Riss let out a small breath before motioning to the fey to follow. "We can go now. And Mimi? Try to be more subtle if you're trying to listen in. He has security cameras to look out for that kind of thing."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside MagBoss Room]

Mimi flits back when the door opens. Whoops. Safe to say she never caught anything. She scratches the back of her head. "A security what?" She's not sure how anyone cold of seen her. =x

29. - Top - End - #179

Bagmoss Room - Outside

Misha just shrugs, having known about the cameras from when Riss once directed her back to their room from another place in the cave and not bothered to stop Mimi from snooping. It was harmless, and she doubted she could have explained it well enough to prevent Mimi without causing a fight about it.

"Cameras are like robot eyes. Magtok's red eye is a camera, and he can probably see through all the other cameras he's got around here through it. They can put what they see up on screens for people to watch too." That's pretty much what she knew based on everything she'd seen around the cave since she got here.

She turns to Riss as they head towards wherever they're going, probably back to their quarters to get ready to head to her pool, or to the Lime Room or something, "Hey, when we get back from the pool, can you ask Mainframe to come see us? She was... I dunno, she reminded me of you a bit. I think she could use a friend." Misha bites her bottom lip a bit as she admits her feelings on the semi-crazy AI. She knows that she should feel a bit of "us against them" where Mainframe is involved, but the AI is clearly struggling against Magtok as well as against her own identity.

30. - Top - End - #180

[MagCave - Transitory]

Though the muse hadn't heard or spoken to the A.I. in quite some time, she at least remembered it. It was hard to forget the being that had more or less helped her into her position. At least, it was the first being that Riss had spoken to at length in the Nexus. Still, she furrowed her brow at the comparison. "I.. Suppose that wouldn't be a problem." she said. 'She' though? Huh. Given the responses when I met her, I would have though her personality would have been masculine. Course, I'm not the best judge of that kind of thing... But there's that and the fact that Magtok apparently has a daughter. Learning all kinds of things today.

Riss would lead back to the Lime Room, given that she had mentioned wanting to finish something up before leaving. Really, it was more along the lines of cleanup duty and triple checking that everything was powered down although she did spend roughly the first five minutes just sitting in a chair and letting the pent up adrenalin run its course. It likely would have sent a bad message if she had simply taken a few minutes just outside Magtok's door to recuperate given his mention of cameras. Still, once everything had been taken care of as well as making sure Imp had been fed, the next stop for the group would likely be Misha's pool unless there was something to halt or alter their course.