Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 221
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "I'm a fair shot. And a trained medic, in case it comes up," 'Cai frowns. "How are all of you in the woods? Any hunters here?" Woodscraft could be more important than marksmanship for this, and none of the other recruits filled him with confidence based on their appearance alone.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    I will do ok in the woods, but I am no woodsman, just very quiet and sure-footed.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    With a look of distaste, Naga-Tee answers Laikir's question.

    "I can handle a weapon, but I'm no soldier. I'll do my best."

    This group isn't shaping up too well. At least we have the droid - I guess even weapons of war have their uses sometimes.

    She gets a lot happier when Mordecai speaks: it reassures her to know that there's a doctor in the group and to be able to speak positively about her abilities.

    "I'm a qualified natural scientist, and I've spent years exploring wild areas on many different planets. I should be of some use in surviving within the forest."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Naga-Tee considers what she knows about Womp Rats, particularly trying to remember if they hunt by sight or by smell. Life Sciences (13+d20): (1d20+13)[22]
    Last edited by Karnius; 2012-09-26 at 12:35 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case silently flips the heavy blaster that makes up his left arm into stun mode, and then makes a show of priming it at Terra's assertation of his skill with it, causing it to emit the high pitched whine indicative of the blaster powering up.

    He turns his red photoreceptors upon 'Cai, replying in a commanding voice, -MY SENSORS HAVE BEEN OPTIMIZED FOR HUNTING-
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Throughout your conversation, Krushk has been gathering up materials at the platform, oblivious to the assumption he just made, although he does look slightly confused. "Huh. They way you guys are going on, it almost seems like this is your first time working together."

    He grins, and shoulders a heavy looking pack.

    "Well, I've got to pick up a few more things in town. The forest is to the south and southeast of town, but you'll run in to more rats on the south end, so I suggest you start there. Unless you all have any other questions, I'll be going now."

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Shall we? I don't have anything that I need to wait on, and I could use the credits. Laikir will collect his things and get ready to depart.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "I'm here for the credits to make a living, not to wait." Terra says with a nod, agreeing with Laikir, "I'm all for moving out. Faster we start, more credits we make."

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee gestures with her arm towards the south.

    "I am prepared to move now, so let us proceed. We can discuss our plans when we are in a better position to begin them."

    She hefts her backpack and begins to set off towards the south of the town.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case turns in place and begins following Terra and the others to the south.
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    You head south towards the forest. It's not a long walk, considering how small the city is, so it only takes a short while until you find yourselves standing at the edge of Thane Bordan's forest. It looks something like this.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Image blatantly stolen from googling redwood forest. too lazy to rename file and pretend otherwise.


    The forest is far bigger than you had envisioned. The trees tower over you, many over 100 feet tall, with trunks three meters wide. The understory isn’t terribly dense, although there are patches of shrubs, and a variety of ferns scattered throughout. The air feels cool and fresh, and the faint smell of pines creates a serene feel to the forest. As soon as you step into the woods, you feel dwarfed by the giant trees that completely surround you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    you should probably come up with some kind of strategy or plan or something at this point...

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra looks up at the trees and nods, "Impressive." She says before looking back around, "So, anyone know anything about these womp rats to help find them or lure them out? Or shall we just start running around hoping to find one randomly?" She ask as she starts looking around.

    Deciding to test something, she reaches into her utility belt and pops open one of the food capsules. With any luck they might be attracted and Head Case could start gunning them if they came running.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Opening a food capsule to try and lure them :P

    Also, less likely to work, but why not...Perception to look for traces of womp rats, womp rats themselves, or some lead.
    (1d20)[2]

    Shame gather information is for city locations :P Much better at that.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    -SEARCHING-

    As soon as they hit the forest, Head Case activates his sensor package and begins scanning for life signs, or tracks, or any other evidence of the womp rats.

    Perception: (1d20+10)[24]
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir with his limited wilderness knowledge will try and find tracks.

    (1d20+4)[18]

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra:
    Spoiler
    Show

    You pop open the capsule and throw it on the ground. It's pretty bland, and doesn't seem to be giving off much of a smell, but who knows? Maybe womp rats have a much better sense of smell than you do.

    You don't see anything unusual in the forest.


    Headcase:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The forest is overall very quiet, and your sensors pick up no signs of movement. you are quite confident based on the sensitivity of your sensor package and the low level of white noise in this forest that there is no wildlife within 50 meters of your location, unless it is very very good at staying hidden.

    You do however notice a small scattering of crushed pine cone shells near a large bush. As you refine your search image, you find a couple more clumps like this nearby. Something has been eating the nuts off of the shrubs in this area.


    Laikir:
    Spoiler
    Show

    You seach for tracks, but you don't really know where to look, and fail to find any.

    Alas, Track is a trained only application of the survival skill.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    -NO WILDLIFE DETECTED WITHIN FIFTY METERS- -PRESENCE OF LIFE INDICATED BY CRUSHED PINE CONE SHELLS-

    He points to several spots nearby where something has been eating the nuts off of shrubs.
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Mordecai frowns. "I don't know much about the local wildlife here, but most things need water to live - and water runs downhill. Maybe we want to try heading downhill until we run across a stream or a pond the animals have been using as a watering hole, then set up an ambush there?" He cradles his rifle as he sizes up the surrounding forest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+9)[6](15)
    Survival: (1d20+9)[6](15)

    Pick whichever one seems most appropriate.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Mordecai:
    It's a little hard to tell since the forest is overall fairly flat, but you would judge the slope is running downhill towards the Southeast.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee ponders the issue for a few moments, examining the local area whilst thinking. She nods to Mordecai.

    "That is a sensible suggestion, though we will have to be careful - other species will also visit the watering hole for sustenance, so we shall have to aim carefully to avoid them."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Naga-Tee also looks for any tracks, specifically Womp Rat tracks. Survival (d20+9): (1d20+9)[24]

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "If these things are as aggressive as we've been told, I bet there won't be anything else there at the same time they are," 'Cai shrugs. Suddenly he nods sharply. "There's not much of a slope out here, but it looks like the low ground is that way," he points off to the southeast.
    Last edited by Philistine; 2012-09-27 at 10:35 PM.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Looking near the piles of crushed pinecones, it doesn't take you long to find a few animal footprints. They appear to be from Womp rats, and there appear to be at least three sets of tracks, all heading South.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee studies the ground for a few minutes, then stands and shrugs off her backpack. Opening the pack she rummages around inside for another minute or so before removing a folded poncho, which she quickly dons. As she finishes putting it on the poncho shimmers and shifts its colour and pattern to blend in better with the surrounding scenery. Better than nothing: at least they won't be able to pick me out as easily.

    "I've found a few tracks heading south which we should be able to follow. Be careful though, and stay alert."

    Naga-Tee sets off again, following the sets of tracks heading south and loosely gripping her holstered blaster.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Do I need another roll to follow the tracks? If so, Survival (d20+9): (1d20+9)[22]

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "A trail in the hand is worth two watering holes in the bush," 'Cai says, stooping for a moment to familiarize himself with the tracks Naga-Tee uncovered. He quickly follows after the Ithorian, moving off to the side to look for additional spoor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Survival: (1d20+9)[15](24)
    Last edited by Philistine; 2012-09-28 at 12:18 PM.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir trusts his companions that they know what they are doing and follows, blaster in hand.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    OOC: I'm going to assume that the rest of you would be ok with following Naga-Tee, so rather than waiting for everyone to post some sort of reply I'm just going to move on with it so that we can get into some combat.

    'Cai: you don't find anything in particular that Naga-Tee missed.

    Also, Naga-Tee, the first survival check is still good.


    Naga-Tee:
    Owing to your years of experience interacting with the wilderness, following the tracks is second nature. You deftly weave between the massive trees following the trail. It quickly becomes apparent that these Womp rats do not have any particular destination they are going towards; they are most likely simply wandering the forest scavenging for food.

    Everyone:
    You all follow the tracks in utter silence, weaving left, then right, around a log, down a sloping bank, up the other side... You surrender all of your senses to the forest, searching dilligently for any sign of womp rats. You slowly lose sense of how long you have been on the hunt. Maybe it's been two hours, and maybe only 20 minutes. Just as you are beginning to think this job may not have been worth the effort after all, suddenly:

    [Everyone roll a perception check! in the OOC thread please, so as to not clutter the IC thread too much.]
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-09-28 at 12:37 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case follows as quietly as he can, constantly scanning...scanning...scanning...
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra follows starting to feel discouraged. "You know, for a forest that is supposed to be overrun with these things we still haven't seen any..." She says annoyed as she looks over at Head Case hoping his scanning was working.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee & 'Cai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    you hear the grunts and gnawing sounds of a number of animals devouring something. About 30 meters ahead of you, you can barely make out the forms of a number of womp rats, mostly hidden by the large trees and shrubs between you and them. (you would not have a clear shot from here.)


    Headcase:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your sensors pick up the sound of a number of creatures gnawing and grunting. Thanks to the quality of your sensor package, you can roughly triangulate their location, although you cannot see them... the large trees an understory growth block your view.


    Mar & Laikir:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear rustling in the bushes ahead, maybe 25-50 meters away.


    Terra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are completely engrossed in following the tracks, so you see and hear nothing extraordinary... you are simply following the trail.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case's left arm extends suddenly, aiming, -WILDLIFE DETECTED- -TARGETING- -TARGETING- His vocabulator is noticeably quieter than before, only loud enough to inform his mistress and "allies" of what he has detected...

    He begins moving so as to have a clean shot at the detected creatures...
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-09-29 at 08:14 PM.
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee carefully draws her blaster from its holster, ducks down and begins to make her way quietly through the trees and towards the Womp Rats from the left. She glances over at her new companions and winces at the sound of Head Case's voice unit, trying to signal to the rest of the party to get down and stay quiet.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir will places his back to a large tree and draw his holster, aiming it at the bush.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •