Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 221
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Headcase:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You strafe to your left silently until the womp rats come into view from around the tree directly in front of you. You can now clearly tell that there are six rats, and they appear to be feeding on something. They are not aware of your party's presence.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    As Mar:

    Mar sees Headcase and Naga-Tee move left, so he decides to sweep right, hoping to flank his unseen target, while hoping to get a better view.

    Moving to B8.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    'Cai brings his rifle to his shoulder and moves off to the left, trying to keep some of the low brush between himself and their prey for now.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra glances at Head Case before shrugged and following. He was there for a reason and that reason to kill the womprats for her. Well, and keep her alive in case anyone found her, but still.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    As soon as he has a clear shot of the rats, Head Case stops. The hydraulics in his arm whine slightly as the arm locks itself down, and then the blasting begins!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bracing weapon, then an autofire attack, targetting 3, 5, and 6.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage: (3d10)[21]

    And for round 2, since I'll probably go first. Still bracing, still targeting same rats.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: (3d10)[12]
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Surprise round:

    Headcase lowers his blaster-arm and targets the womp rats, letting loose a rain of fire at the womp rats. They are completely taken by surprise, since they were too preoccupied to notice your approach. They chaotically scramble around trying to locate where the blaster fire is coming from, squealing in panic and in pain as a few of them are grazed by the hail of shots.

    Spoiler
    Show

    rats 3, 5, and 6 all take 10 damage.


    That's it for the surprise round. (If you had all coordinated better you could have all made an attack, but I guess thats how it goes. The rats all had pretty terrible initiative rolls anyway.)

    1ST ROUND:
    after only a momentary pause to prevent overheating, Headcase resumes fire, sending another volley of blaster bolts into the womp rat pack. This round of fire is even more devastating against the disoriented rats, leaving many scorched wounds on the matted fur of three of the beasts. They appear to be quite severely wounded, but undeterred in their fury.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rats 3, 5, and 6 all take 12 damage.

    Naga-Tee's turn.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee moves swiftly but carefully forward to stand side-by-side with Cai and Head Case. She levels her blaster pistol, aims, and with a silent apology fires at the closest Womp Rat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Firing on Womp Rat 2.

    Attack (d20+0): (1d20+0)[14]

    Potential Damage (3d6+1): (3d6+1)[9]

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    The blaster bolt hits a rat, causing it to shriek in pain.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rat 2 takes 9 damage.

    Mar's turn. I will continue playing as mar until I hear otherwise from Bowerbird.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Mar realizes that the attack has been sprung, and quickly jumps into action. He rushes to continue flanking the rats to the west, then raises his trusty pistol and takes a shot at the rat nearest to him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    move to B13, then shoot at rat #2

    attack: (1d20+3)[4]
    dmg: (2d6)[9]


    EDIT:
    Unfortunately, Mar's shot is way off, whizzing over the heads of all of the womp rats.


    By this time, the rat with apparently the best reflexes has adjusted to the situation. The rat bars its teeth viciously, and charges full speed at the first threatening individual it can see.

    [Rat 1 moves to O8, double move action]

    Terra's turn
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-09-30 at 06:44 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra knew a blaster wasn't her best weapon, but she figured it'd be better to fire and miss then not fire at all. As such, she drew her blaster and tried to move to a spot where she could fire without being a prime target.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action to draw gun, second move (replace standard) to shift to I3

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir shifts his position away from the tree, moving south around the opposite side of the tree that the remainder of his companions are traveling around. As soon as he clears the tree he sees the womp rat and fires on it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to F8, Fires his blaster at 1

    Attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (3d6)[11]


    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Despite being a little bit slow on the uptake, Laikir springs, into action, and his shot hits it's mark, leaving a smoldering mark on the charging rat's hide.

    As if by the flick of a switch, suddenly four of the rats recover from their initial confusion, and begin to charge directly towards their attackers, following the first womp rat. As the rats scream closer, you can see the malice in their eyes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Laikir's shot hits for 11 damage, and rats 2, 3, 4, and 6 all do double move actions. 'Cai's turn. (You are 2nd to last because of your natural 1. The last rat got a natural 1 as well, but had a lower initiative modifier.)


    Also, I guess I forgot to move Naga-Tee at first. Is this where you wanted to be? Also, I understand if that changes where you want to be Terra, and I will let you move to somewhere else if you would like.

    'Cai's turn

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "Back off, make them come to us!" 'Cai calls out. He backpedals, shifting away from the rest of the group, until he finds a lane through the brush that gives him a clean shot at the first of the creatures to spring.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to (O,1), Standard to Attack Womp Rat 1
    Attack: (1d20+4)[20](24)
    Damage: (3d8+1)[6][4][3](14)
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    'Cai's shot is dead on, hitting the charging womp rat square in the face. It instantly collapses, killed, it's momentum carrying it a few feet further.

    One more womp rat, which for some reason was particularly confused by the sudden attack, finally springs into action. It sprints after its pack mates, squealing for vengance as it rushes towards you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow. Nice shot. I'd trade a nat. 1 in initiative for a critical hit in the first round any day. Did you plan that?



    ROUND 2

    So, lets try Xian's idea of everyone posting their actions for round 2, plus contingency actions in case your planned action gets cancelled out by something. Then, I will post what happens, according to initiative order. Deadline is 24 hours from now.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case observes the movement of the rats, prioritizing targets based on burn marks. He brings his arm around, again bracing down the gun arm before firing. This time, however, he fires a short burst at the only uninjured rat, obliterating it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Thankfully rat 4 doesn't have cover. I checked.
    Burst Fire: (1d20+4)[24] - CRITICAL!
    Damage: (5d10)[34] x 2 = 68

    :facepalm:
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-10-01 at 06:44 PM.
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra quickly peeks out from behind the people in front of her and fires before ducking back behind her droid. She hoped the shot would hit, but figured even if it didn't her droid would slaughter anything that came their way.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I have running attack so shift to K3 and fire at womprat 3, if 3 is down, fire at 4.

    Heavy blaster pistol
    (1d20+3)[22]
    (3d8+1)[17]

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee backtracks quickly, falling back whilst preparing to fire again. She fires again, aiming for the closest wounded Womp Rat to put it out of its pain.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Naga-Tee moves to I2 to stand by Terra and fires on Womp Rat 3:

    Ranged Attack (d20+2): (1d20+2)[12]

    Damage (3d6+1): (3d6+1)[10]

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Expressionless, 'Cai stands his ground and lines up his next shot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Two Swifts to Aim, so that he can ignore cover bonuses. Standard to attack, in order of priority,
    1) The first rat that charges toward him; if none, then
    2) Womp Rat 2, if he has a clean shot at it; if not, then
    3) The nearest of the other Womp Rats that he has a clean shot on; if none, then
    4) The nearest Womp Rat, clean shot or no.

    Heh. I just realized I forgot to add PBS bonuses last time, not that it mattered. Anyway...
    Attack: (1d20+5)[7](12)
    Damage: (3d8+2)[1][2][3](8)
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir fires on womp rat 2, if he is up. Otherwise he moves south until womp rat 4 is in view and fires.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack:(1d20+5)[14]
    Damage: (3d6)[11]


    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Mar will continue moving south, and fire again upon the nearest womp rat to him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attacking womp rat #2
    Attack: (1d20+3)[6]
    Damagae: (2d6+1)[9]

    Summary of round 2 coming soon.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    ROUND 2 SUMMARY

    After reevaluating the battlefield, Headcase turns and releases a devastating burst of fire on one of the charging womp rats who looked particularly vengeful. The shots were deadly accurate, leaving the womp rat nothing more than a smoking corpse.

    Meanwhile, Naga-Tee backpedaled to keep a safe distance from the charging animals, before loosing another shot at an oncoming womp rat. You score glancing hit, but it is enough to knock the beast to the ground, unable to rise.

    Next, Mar continues trying to circumvent the rats, strafing to the next bush before unleashing another shot. But again, his aim is off, sending a slug into the tree behind a charging rat.

    Terra nimbly darts into the open and guns down one of the womp rats, before bolting back into cover. Your aim is true, and the womp rat collapses, instantly killed by the blaster bolt.

    Laikir stands his ground, and takes another shot at one of the few remaining rats. Your blaster bold sears the rat's foreleg, but it continues charging straight at you undeterred. Fortunately, you stay light on your feet, and as the rat makes an attempt to bite your leg, you sidestep, leaving the beast nipping at the air. It growls in frustration, and tenses for another attack.

    Meanwhile, the only other surviving rat (the one that had been slow on the uptake) continues to charge northward. It rounds a particularly large tree, and sprints straight at 'Cai! Fortunately, you were preparing yourself for this exact situation; your blaster is already held straight out in front of you, and you wait until just the right moment to pull the trigger. You blast the oncoming rat just on the top of its head, and it collapses, unconscious.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was fast... 1 rat to go. Since this worked so well, lets just do the same thing for round 3.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra smirked as her shot hit directly and dropped the target. Her primary weapon might not be a blaster as she had been intelligence, not a soldier, but she still had the training of an elite guard and shooting these rats was a piece of cake.

    Moving around the tree, confident now that there was only one left, she points the blaster and fires.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift to I8, Fire
    (1d20+3)[22]
    (3d8+1)[11]

    Edit: wow two 19s in a row. Looking slick. Obviously backup action only matters if we kill it in which case holster blaster and start getting heads.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-02 at 05:06 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head cases methodically moves around the tree, lining up a shot o n last remaining rat and firing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to I8. Single shot.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (3d10)[9]
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    (If the rat is still alive) Laikir attempts to lure it out in front of the rest of the party by moving north and then firing on it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to F4

    Attack: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage: (3d6)[11]


    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like WR2 is going to be cooked well done by the time 'Cai's action comes up. If that's somehow not the case, 'Cai will Aim and take a potshot at it: Attack: (1d20+5)[12](17)
    Damage: (3d8+2)[4][4][6](16)


    "All right, good job everyone," 'Cai calls out as the last creature falls still. He pulls a survival knife from his pack and kneels by the corpse of the womp rat that had charged at him.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    You all converge on the final womp rat, blasting it into oblivion.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jesus, overkill much? Anyway, combat is over. do as you like

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head case removes the nearly-spent power pack from his arm and replaces it with a fresh one. As the others mutilate the vermin, he begins scanning again...

    Spoiler
    Show
    That's 1 power pack with 4 shots left on it, 11 fresh ones, and one loaded.

    Perception: (1d20+10)[29]
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    With a satisfied smirk, Terra holsters her blaster and moves toward the womp rats. "You guys have anything for clean cuts of the head or shall I be pulling out the toolkit and make-shifting something?"

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee grimaces, holstering her pistol and making a mental note to charge the power pack the next time she got a chance. At least it was quick. The poor things can't have suffered too badly, and we're all uninjured, so this was probably the best way. She hesitates and then unfastens the axe from her pack, wielding it in both hands in an uncertain manner.

    "I have no taste for butchering in this way, but this should help."

    Naga-Tee reluctantly offers her axe to anyone willing to use it.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Headcase:

    Spoiler
    Show
    You scan the surrounding area for any further threats, but the forest is still and silent. Any other nearby creatures must have fled from the sounds of the battle. All that you can detect aside from the trees and bushes surrounding you is your party, the six motionless womp rat carcasses, and the remains of whatever they had been eating when you sprung your attack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •