Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 221
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    -NO FURTHER TARGETS DETECTED IN VICINITY-
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir will toss his knife to whoever volunteers to cut the heads. He will the stand back and wait for one of the trackers to point him in the direction of the next set of tracks, hunting people is so much easier... At least that's a start to some bounties.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Mar grunts at the Ithorian, and mutters something about being a sissy before accepting the axe and and beginning to behead the beasts. He throws them into a pile in front of him as he goes for the meantime, and asks:

    "So what are we doing with these heads? Does anyone have a bag or anything?"

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "Well I have a temperature cloak, we could wrap it up and form a bag out of it I'm sure." Terra says with a shrug.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Mar gives a look of disgust.

    "Naw, wouldn't want you to stink up such a nice cloak with womp rat bood. (It's hard to tell if he's showing genuine concern for your cloak or just being sarcastic, but you suspect its probably the latter.) "I'm sure we can come up with something else. If worst comes to worst, maybe we can just skewer them all onto a big stick!" He guffaws, and goes back to beheading womp rats with reckless abandon.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case turns to the others, debating about what to do with the rat heads, -MY CHASSIS CONTAINS A SMALL STORAGE SPACE IF NOTHING ELSE WILL SUFFICE-
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee starts to rummage through her backpack, shifting the smaller and more delicate items to outside pockets and making space in the bag between her larger pieces of equipment. Eventually she clears a space big enough for one or two Womp Rat heads. She looks up, frowning as she notices all the blood.

    "I can fit one, maybe two heads in here, though I'd rather not if we had another way of carrying them. Next time we should bring some kind of sack."

    Naga-Tee begins to collect the heads together, doing her best to clean the worst of the drying blood from them on the grass around them.

    "I suggest that we leave the rest of the Womp Rats behind: Nature will find a use for them."

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Bowerbird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Mar looks up from his grisly work, "Maybe we wait, more rats turn up to eat these?" he says, gesturing idly with the axe, obliviously splattering those not fast enough to get out of the way with rat blood.
    Character "Resume" (Somewhat out of date)

    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.
    Systems GMed:
    Star Wars SAGA, D&D 3.5, WFRP2

    Systems I've Attempted to GM:
    Dark heresy, Exalted, M&M.

    Helping provide Homebrew for lowlevelowl's Desecrated Campaign Setting.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    As you all stand around pondering what to do with your collection of womp rat heads, you hear a rustling in the bushes to the east. Suddenly, out pops a short but muscular looking human. He is nonchalantly carrying a large blaster pistol in one hand, and he’s wearing a very large backpack, which despite appearing to be relatively heavy, he seems to be carrying with ease.

    “Well hullo there!” He says in an energetic and jovial tone. “I’m guessin’ you must be the source of all them blaster sounds I heard a few moments back. You must be ‘nother bunch of head-hunters like mahself, eh? Didja catch yourselves a nice little bounty there? Hawhawhaw!”

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    A frown crossed Terra's face as the man exited the woods. There was something up with this man. Nobody would just come out and goof around like this. They were all on business and each minute he spent here he was losing a chance to make money. If anything when he heard the blaster-fire he should have headed somewhere else since the ones nearby would be dead.

    As such it only made sense if the man was here to try and pouch their heads off of them. Yet at the same time, being by himself that seemed unlikely. She frowned and looked at Head Case before speaking softly so only he could hear. "Scan the nearby area for any hostiles. Ready yourself, if he even points that blaster funny gun him down." She said. A part of her wanted to just up and shoot him right there to not even give him the chance, but she suspected that would cause some problems with the rest of her group.

    After giving her orders to Head Case, Terra looked back at the man and crossed her arms so that her right arm was casually in his direction. She had holstered her blaster and drawing it would be suspicious, but it was reasons such as this that she had the hidden blaster. She subtly tried to draw the concealed weapon as she spoke. "Yep, just fellow hunters so you can holster your weapon so there are no misunderstandings." Terra says flatly.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stealth to try and draw a weapon, after that ready an action, if that blaster moves towards any of us or he does something remotely suspicious, Terra shoots him. She's paranoid.

    Also, persuasion/intimidation to get him to holster the blaster.

    Persuasion:
    (1d20+19)[39]

    Stealth:
    (1d20+8)[10]
    Force point to add
    (1d6)[3]
    TOTAL: 13 (ewww)

    If I have to attack...
    (1d20+3)[12]
    (3d4+1)[8]
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-09 at 03:23 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    ((You know you can use your comlink to communicate only with Head Case, right? Should got the earbud one...))

    Head Case turns towards the man, his left arm bent at the elbow, so the blaster points at the man without fully extending it. He silently scans the area, but is ready to fire, as ordered...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+10)[30]

    Edit: :dies laughing:
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-10-09 at 03:33 PM.
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Rising from the crouch she adopted to avoid the blood spatter, Naga-Tee straightens and then bows slightly to the newcomer. Briefly glancing warily at Head-Case, she makes a show of relaxing, gesturing a welcome with one arm (whilst the other, coincidentally, rests a hand carefully next to her blaster pistol).

    Things could get even messier if this man is up to no good. Best to keep wary of him for now.

    "Welcome, stranger. Please, do as my companion advises and holster your weapon. You are not in danger here. What is your name?"

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir leaves the conversation to the others. Sensing the unease of the other members of his party he scans the surrounding woods with his hand on his pistol.
    Last edited by XianTheCoder; 2012-10-09 at 05:02 PM.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    'Cai remains kneeling by the dismembered body of the womp rat, acutely aware of the position of his rifle as he looks the newcomer over closely.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+9)[5](14) to detect deceit or trickery.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    The man puts on a cofused expression and says "holster my... OH, hawhaw, forgot I was holdin it in me hand! Terribly sorry if I came off threatening-like, certainly didn't meant it. But don't ya think y'all are being a bit over suspicious? Alls I do is pop out to say hello and ya jump on me like I'm about to rob your bounty! Hawhawhaw!" He casually points his pistol towards the pile of womp rat heads. "how many of them suckers did y'all fry anyway?"

    Headcase:
    Spoiler
    Show

    You hear a rustling off bushes, and a few twigs cracking underfoot. At first it is faint and isolated, but as you scan you notice more and more sounds slowly creeping closer all around you. You estimate there are 5-10 medium sized creatures trying to surround you.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case's arm fully extends, pointing at the man's face. The blaster primes, and the hydraulics lock in place, causing the arm to emit a series of high pitch whines as a warning, -YOU AND YOUR ALLIES WILL LAY YOUR WEAPONS ON THE GROUND AND THEY WILL COME FORTH SLOWLY WITH THEIR HANDS ABOVE THEIR HEADS- -YOU HAVE FIVE SECONDS TO COMPLY- -FIVE- -FOUR- -THREE- -TWO- -ONE-

    If his orders aren't followed, or the man or his friends attack, Head case roasts him. Or not.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage: (5d10)[26]
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-10-10 at 11:16 AM.
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    At the sound of HeadCase's alarm, Laikir will draw his pistol and attempt to take cover behind a tree. Once blaster there is blaster fire from anyone, Laikir will fire at any visible target (including the man that approached), Laikir realizes that even if HeadCase is wrong, it's better to try and end any fight quickly than wait and possibly find himself in a firefight.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (3d6)[11]


    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    As the droid begins his countdown, 'Cai quickly wipes the knife clean on the rat's body, then slips it into its sheath and cradles his rifle. He keeps his eyes fixed on the newcomer.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra doesn't bother giving them a chance of warning. The second Head Case reveals what he knows, Terra fires the hold-out blaster at the man. Waiting and giving people a chance to screw you caused you to end up dead.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Vs the man
    (1d20+3)[11] +6 (see ooc thread for force point roll)
    (3d4+1)[7]

    As much fun as abusing intimidate would be I think I'll wait. Last thing I want is DM getting upset that I made the man drop to his knees and cry.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-10 at 03:58 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    On hearing Head-Case's warning, Naga-Tee's hand immediately drops to her blaster pistol and grips it, ready to draw and fire if necessary. She crouches slightly and glances about her, looking for shapes in the surrounding forest.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+9): (1d20+9)[15]


    When Terra fires, Naga-Tee curses and draws the pistol, looking for a target but remaining on the defensive for now.
    Last edited by Karnius; 2012-10-10 at 04:24 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Bowerbird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Mar growls, his free hand going to his sidearm, "I knew somethin' didn't smell right." He looks around himself warily, scanning for attackers.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative: (1d20+7)[15]
    Perception: (1d20+5)[13]
    Character "Resume" (Somewhat out of date)

    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.
    Systems GMed:
    Star Wars SAGA, D&D 3.5, WFRP2

    Systems I've Attempted to GM:
    Dark heresy, Exalted, M&M.

    Helping provide Homebrew for lowlevelowl's Desecrated Campaign Setting.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    At Headcase's warning, the stranger's demeanor entirely changes. His jovial grin turns to threatening smile, and he replies: "Observant tin can you've got there. Unfortunately you aren't in much of a position to tell us what to do... you're surrounded, outnumbered, and--"

    The stranger falters momentarily noticing that headcase, utterly not intimidated, is not stopping his countdown, but he regains his composure right before Headcase reaches 1.

    "Very well. The hard way it is then."

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    When the shooting starts, 'Cai drops prone and brings his rifle to bear on the stranger. A quick squeeze of the trigger sends a crimson bolt downrange.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[20](25)
    Damage: (3d8+2)[8][4][5](19)
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    With blaster fire screeching through the air and the threat of attack from all sides, Naga-Tee raises her blaster pistol and fires at the stranger whilst keeping low, hoping to get him out of the way quickly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+2): (1d20+2)[16]

    Damage (3d6+1): (3d6+1)[13]

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    As headcases countdown begins, the forest grows increasingly tense. With the strangers ominous response, a sense of impending conflict washes over you. Time slows, as you await for the outcome of Headcase's ultimatum. That is, right up until Headcase says "one." At that point, chaos ensues, and everything seems to happen at once.

    Terra is the first to react. Sensing the danger of the situation, she swiftly grabs a concussion grenade out of her utility belt and tosses it towards the stranger, and though he is nimble, he is still rocked by the explosion of the grenade. [Stranger takes 11 damage.]

    The loud burst seems to set everything in motion, as suddenly, two brutish looking men pop out from behind the tree and fire upon the group. Blaster bolts sail past both Headcase and Terra, threateningly close to striking hits.

    Laikir reacts instantly to this, and moves to take cover between trees before shooting at the men who had just appeared from behind a tree. His aim is true, and one of the men suffers a blaster bolt to the shoulder. [11 damage to thug 7.]

    A split second later, Naga-Tee raises her blaster and fires at the stranger who seems to be the head of these thugs, but the bolts sail harmlessly off to his side.

    Suddenly, another bandit appears from behind a tree. He charges up to a low bush near the stranger, and kneels before firing his pistol at headcase. His aim is also off, and his shots sail overhead.

    Now the stranger reacts: He lets off a shot at headcase just before the count reaches 1, and then dives behind a brush, completely hidden. [headcase takes 10 damage. don't know if you have any DR from armor or anything, so didn't calculate that in.]

    Another two pistol-wielding men appear from behind trees at this point, and take hasty shots at the team, while rushing to flank you to the south. The first shot fall short, hitting the dirt at 'Cai's feet, but the second thug's shot is lucky, striking Terra in the side. [Terra takes 12 damage.]

    'Cai bursts into action as soon as the shot is fired at him, and drops to the ground instantly, turning to fire back at his attacker. His shot is perfect, and the thug falls to the ground shot between the eyes. [thug 1 takes 38 damage.]

    Two more thugs run by to the north of you, and they take cover, one behind a womp rat carcass, the other beside a tree, as they aim down the barrels of their pistols towards the group.

    Mar sees this, and moves to counteract the two thugs to the north. He steps to behind a bush, and then fires on the attackers behind the womp rat carcass. However, his shot hits the carcass carmlessly with a soft thump.

    Finally, Headcase emits the word "one." He shoots as the stranger leaps behind cover, but the stranger is too quick, and the shot misses.

    [The last thug rolled a nat. 1, and is still standing behind a tree picking his nose.]

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case turns his blaster on the man who attacked Terra, completely ignoring his own damage. As always, he remains in place, locking down the hydraulics to reduce the kick from the multiple shots...

    Spoiler
    Show
    30 HP left...

    2 swift actions to brace.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[10] + 6 = 16
    Damage: (5d10)[40]
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-10-15 at 11:44 PM.
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Moving quickly, a smirk crossed Terra's face as she dodged most the strikes. The smirk faded and replaced with a cry of pain however one hits her. She stumbled to the side looking in shock at the wound trying to figure out why it hurt so much. She felt herself weakening and knew she needed cover. As useful as the grenades were, if she got shot to death throwing them it'd be useless. Quickly, she ran towards cover as she fired a few shots from her holdout blaster, however, the pain in her side due to the sudden movement caused her to stumble as she fired the shot.

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 12/24

    Holdout since heavy is holstered
    Standard Action: Fire at Thug 7
    Move Action: Run for J11

    (1d20+3)[11]
    (3d4+1)[8]
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-16 at 12:39 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    'Cai grimaces as his first shot goes high. The crimson bolt takes the gunman in the head, throwing him onto his back in an unmoving heap, but 'Cai can practically feel the crack of the Drill Instructor's baton across his shoulder blades at his sloppy technique.

    "You guys should feel free to back off any time!" 'Cai roars over his shoulder toward the stranger. A slight shift is enough to reposition his weapon, and he carefully sights in on the next thug in line.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Two Swifts to Aim, negating partial cover
    Attack: (1d20+5)[19](24) vs Thug 6
    Damage: (3d8+2)[5][2][6](15)
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Cursing bitterly in Ithorese, Naga-Tee quickly moves to crouch behind a dead Womp Rat, then fires a shot at the attackers to the north whilst doing her best to keep in cover.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to get to O9, then attacking Thug 3 with the blaster pistol. I'm not sure of the cover penalties to my attack so I'll roll a standard attack and the penalties can be removed afterwards.

    Attack: (1d20+2)[4]

    Damage: (3d6+1)[15]
    Last edited by Karnius; 2012-10-16 at 10:10 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Round 2:

    Terra rus towards cover as she fires a few shots from her holdout blaster, however, the pain in her side due to the sudden movement caused her to stumble, and her shot misses wide.

    Meanwhile, the two thugs to the northeast continue to charge forward while firing, and two accurate blasts from their pistols strike Mar and 'Cai with smoldering wounds. [Thug 7 deals 11 dmg to Mar, Thug 8 deals 9 dmg to 'Cai.]

    Laikir stays on his toes, and steps out from the cover of nearby trees to loose a shot at one of the thugs. His aim is true, and a bandit reels from the impact of his shot. [12 dmg to thug 6.]

    Naga-Tee sticks to her cover sheltering her from both sides and continues to fire upon the attackers, but with her focus more on defense, her aim is off, and her shot sails harmlessly by the thugs into the forest.

    A thug east of you strafes towards the stranger, while losing a shot at the crew. The bolt hits Headcase square in the torso, but doesn't appear to deal particularly threatening damage [8 dmg to headcase.]

    Suddenly, the stranger pops up from behind the bushes where he disappeared a moment ago. "Get 'em Boys! We'll teach these off worlders not to mess with us!" he shouts, as he takes aim at the retreating Ithorian and fires an exceptionally accurate shot. [17 dmg to Naga-Tee.]

    Upon this call from the leader, the thug who had just been shot by Laikir, seemingly reinvigorated, redoubled his efforts, and charged again towards you all, firing from his blaster pistol at the terrifying war droid before him. However, Headcase's programming allowed him to nimbly avoid the shot.

    A split second later, the already injured thug falls to the ground with a second blaster wound, a second lethal shot delivered by 'Cai in the confrontation. "You guys should feel free to back off any time!" he shouts over the din of the battle. [ 'Cai kills thug 6.]

    As if in response, two thugs to the north continue rushing west, attempting to further surround the crew. One of the thugs stops, and takes a shot at the lumbering Yuzzem perilously close in front of him. With such a large target, he could hardly miss, and the blaster bolt drives square into Mar's thigh. [Mar takes 11 damage.]

    Mar roars in frustration and pain as he is blasted from two sides. However, his military training is formidable, and he shakes off his agony, targeting the thug who shot at him first. His trustly slugthrower doesn't pack quite the same punch as these blaster pistols, but he still manages to send the thug reeling with a bullet in the shoulder. Already previously wounded by Laikir, the thug takes one more step before falling to the ground unconscious. [6 damage to thug 7.]

    Headcase focuses in on the thug who had injured Terra, and confirms that he is not moving, before spinning counterclockwise to locate the next hostile target. Locking in on a thug standing behind a bush, Headcase riddles the area with blaster bolts, dropping the thug where he stands. [20 damage to thug 5.]

    Another thug, who apparently had been a bit slow on the uptake, jumps out from behind a tree to the south, looking confused. He fires upon the crew after charging forward towards one of his fallen alllies, but his shot flies harmlessly overhead. [thug 2 misses.]
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-10-16 at 11:17 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •