Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 221
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    'Cai watches the last thug run off, lifting his rifle to point safely at the empty sky before he turns to rejoin the group. As he walks back, he stretches - drawing a flash of pain from the fresh blaster burn on his back. "Everybody sound off," he calls. "And pipe up if you're wounded, so we can get to work on that."
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "Alive, but a bit shot up. Took a surprisingly painful shot, though nothing fatal by itself." Terra said holstering the hold-out blaster and the heavy blaster.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    -THE YUZZEM WAS THE ONLY CASUALTY- -MY CHASSIS HAS SUSTAINED MODERATE DAMAGE- -I WILL REPAIR WHAT I CAN-

    He turns to Terra and lowers his volume so that only she can hear him, -Mistress- -The inefficiencies of my design are becoming more prevalent- -Perhaps it is time to modify the 3rd series design for my system-

    Hapan War Droid series 3, 3rd weapon system design, H3-3D. An advanced fusion reactor built into the chassis, powering the droid's systems and a heavier cannon arm. Scrapped in favor of the 4th design (H3-4D) due to concerns that a destroyed droid soldier could melt down and cause a chain reaction with droids around it, destroying entire platoons. Also, the design lacked single shot and stun settings. The trade off being, of course, the necessity to reload the weapon during combat.

    Replacing his current weapon with the 3rd design is something Head Case has wanted to do for a while, though it is impossible for him to perform the operation himself, due to vital systems needing to be moved around, and Terra isn't as skilled with a hydrospanner as her late partner...
    Last edited by Odentin; 2012-10-22 at 02:41 PM.
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "If we have enough credits after our share of these heads I'll see what I can do." Terra says examining her droid, "About how severely damaged are you? Estimated time and repair cost?"

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee lays the last of the bandits with the others, pain flaring in her abdomen as she bends down and again as she straightens up. The Ithorian hisses and joins the others.

    "I'm not feeling great, but I'm on my feet and that's something." Naga-Tee looks back at Mar for a few moments and then turns back to the group. "I wasn't sure we'd get out of that alive, but if we hang around here much longer then the next group like that will finish the job. Perhaps we should get ready to return to the village."

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case runs a diagnostic on himself, scanning the damaged systems and armor, -I have sustained moderate damage- -I can repair the damage- -But it will take me nine hours at best to recover full functionality-
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    'Cai looks at the downed Yuzzem expressionlessly. "I didn't even know he was hit," the big man says tonelessly. "Can we pile up rocks for a cairn? Or drag enough brush over here to build a pyre? Doesn't seem right just leaving him here for the animals to gnaw, but I don't know that we can get him back to the trading post."

    Shaking his head and collecting his thoughts again, 'Cai looks around the clearing. "I can't do anything for droids. But Terra and Naga-Tee, if you'll step over this way I'll get you patched up as well as I can out here," he says, shrugging off his pack and swinging it around in front of himself as he drops to one knee. "Laikir, you didn't get hit? Okay. Great. Don't forget to grab Mar's kit when you're bundling stuff up to haul back."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury: (1d20+11)[14](25) to perform First Aid on Terra
    Treat Injury: (1d20+11)[6](17) to perform First Aid on Naga-Tee

    DC15 to heal HP equal to character level, +1 HP for every point over 15

    EDIT: So Terra gets 14 HP back, and Naga-Tee gets 6.
    Last edited by Philistine; 2012-10-23 at 12:42 AM.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Although she was initially mistrusting, Terra realized she wasn't in much shape to turn down the medical attention. She preferred droids whose programming she could study to make sure they weren't hostile. With a sigh, she went over and allowed herself to be treated and was massively impressed with the doctor's work.

    "Thanks, I feel good as new." Terra says surprised.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir will shake his head, No, a few near misses, but nothing that landed. At mention of Mar, Laikir will look over with a frown, Silly thing for anyone to die for... killing rats for a few credits. laikir will open the back pack and place it down next to Mar's body, where he will begin stripping off any useful items that the party could use, and placing them in the backpack.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'll be keeping track of the loot we find under the "Party Loot" Section of my character sheet. Once it gets divided up or sold I will drop it off the list, thus only active undivided loot will be listed.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  10. - Top - End - #160
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee winces as 'Cai patches her up: the medic does his best and the pain lessens considerably but the wound continues to aggravate the Ithorian. She stands and nods to 'Cai.

    "Thank you, 'Cai. That should keep me going for a while." Naga-Tee looks to the fallen Yuzzem."Perhaps we can bury him so that the rats don't get him. That might take a while though."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Naga-Tee tries to recall what she can about what the Yuzzem normally do with their dead. Knowledge (galactic lore)?

    (1d20+8)[24]
    Last edited by Karnius; 2012-10-23 at 04:48 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee:

    Spoiler
    Show
    You recall that Yuzzem do often bury their dead, but cremation and other respectable means of disposal are not unheard of or frowned upon. The Yuzzem as a species do tend to value honor highly, so you figure you should probably at least do something, even if it's just to whisper a small eulogy.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra disliked the time wasting on dealing with a dead body nobody hardly knew, but she didn't want to say anything and alienate her temporary allies. The man had been a business partner, caring this much about what happened to a body seemed silly.

    "Whatever we do we will want to do it quickly. We don't want people coming to finish the job. I'd recommend something faster than burying.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    'Cai steps away from Naga-Tee after sealing a bandage over her wound. "I'll need to look at it again tomorrow when I change the dressing. For right now, she's got a point," he nods toward Terra. "We need to wrap up here and move. I think we can assemble a pyre faster than anything else - we've got lots of brush here, and plenty of firestarters." He pats the stock of his blaster rifle.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee looks around, noting the abundant vegetation (and the apparent lack of anything to dig a burial hole for Mar) and sighing. Fire. A powerful natural force in its own right, but an uncomfortably dangerous one. Still, so long as we keep it under control there should be no harm in it, and in many ways it is as fitting an end as any.

    Naga-Tee replies wearily.

    "I suppose that you are right. It needs to be a controlled fire though - we have already disrupted this place quite enough today. Once we've taken care of Mar we can move on."

    She begins to gather together dead wood and whatever else she can find that appears to burn well and is preferably already dead.
    Last edited by Karnius; 2012-10-25 at 02:39 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Working together, gathering up enough wood for the pyre takes a relatively short amount of time, thanks to the size of the trees surrounding you. There are abundant dead branches over a foot in diameter lying all over the forest floor, which you pick up and pile next to Mar's body.

    Naga-Tee carefully arranges the wood around Mar's body, making sure that the fire will stay a safe distance from the trees. [We'll just say you took 10 on a wilderness check to construct and start the fire.]

    You carefully ignite the pyre, and look on as the flames quickly engulf Mar's enormous body. You have to step back further than you would have expected; the fire is giving off an incredible amount of heat.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "If we get fired for burning the forest I'll be pissed..." She mumbles.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    You watch on as the flames begin to die down. In a matter of a couple of hours, the massive pyre slowly becomes little more than a smoldering pile of ashes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Are you all going to stand around all day watching the fire, or are you going to go try to sell those extra blasters in town?

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee will watch the fire for a few minutes, then steps as close as she can to the pyre whilst enduring the intense heat and begins to murmur for a minute or so in Ithorese before speaking in Basic, addressing the burning form of the Yuzzem.

    "Be at peace, Mar. I did not know you well, but I knew you as a brave warrior and a loyal companion. Go swiftly to your rest."

    Naga-Tee steps back and returns to the others. From the size and construction of the pyre she is fairly sure that it will not be a danger to the rest of the forest, and so she hefts her pack and begins to walk back to the village.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra waited just to not look like a rude heartless person, but as soon as everything was done and taken care of she was ready to head to town.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir is ready to move on with either more killing or selling in town.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    With Mar's cremation finished, you walk back into town together. Headcase carries the enormous backpack, filled to the brim with womp rat heads, the whole way back. Although it is a weight most normal beings would struggle with over such a distance, Headcase seems to be bearing the load without much difficulty. (You are encumbered, however, don't forget.)

    The trade hub is still busy with late afternoon activity. As you wander towards the trade hub, you wearily realize that you haven't sat down to rest, or had a bite to eat all day. Then again, this is a great chance to visit some stores, and to try to sell some of the equipment you gained today.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You all should feel free to go wherever and do whatever you want for a couple of hours time. Splitting up is fine too, but if you do you should set a time and place to meet up before sunset. If there's nothing you particularly want to do in this time, you can just head to a cantina and wait. Maybe get drunk. Maybe try those deathsticks. Maybe play some sabacc. Maybe take a nap. The world is your oyster.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    On the walk back Laikir will rattle off the contents of loot from the body inquiring if people want any of the items before he sells it and distributes the proceeds. He reminds people that if they take an item then their share of the credit proceeds should be decreased accordingly. Laikir recommends they keep the backpack for future use.

    Once he arrives back he will go to sell the items, if the party wants to go together he makes no objections. Once the items are selected by those that want something, and the rest is sold, he will make his way to the meeting place where he will calculate everyones cut.


    Spoiler
    Show


    Here's the loot that Laikir has collected, speak now if you want something. Chosen can you let me know what the resale is on all the items so I know how much to give to everyone (and what to subtract if someone takes an item)

    Party Loot
    -Backpack
    --Medpac
    --8 Blastor Pistol
    --7 Power Packs
    --2 Ration Packs
    --1/2 Pack Deathsticks
    --Skinning Knife
    --Grende Launcher
    --2 Frag Grenades
    --Ion Grenade
    --Slugthrower Pistol
    --Credit Chip (108 Credits)


    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  23. - Top - End - #173
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee will politely decline all of the scavenged items and simply states that she will use her share of the money to purchase whatever new equipment she decides to get. On arrival at the village she will accompany the others if her presence is required but will otherwise find a nice place to get some food and drink, and relax (probably taking a nap if her wound will allow her) until it is time to meet the others at sunset.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra looks over everything and points at a powerpack and a frag grenade. "My holdout blaster is almost drained from that fight and although I used a much more powerful explosive, a frag grenade is still a grenade. At the very least it almost makes up for what I lost. My droid can guess what he needs based on a diagnostics, but I'd like at least those two."

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case looks over the items, mentioning only that the grenade launcher would be able to be fitted onto his rifle arm, and that he has the programming to use it effectively. If no one else has an inclination towards it, he will take it.
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    'Cai picks through the scavenged items and grabs a medpac, as partial replacement for the ones already used, and a blaster pistol to carry as a sidearm. He also pockets a spare power pack, and tucks the skinning knife into his right boot.

    Not having anywhere else to go, he'll stick with Laikir at least until time to settle up with their employer.
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    After distributing and selling the gear, Laikir will return to the watering hole where they are suppose to meet. Once there, in hushed tones he will remind everyone that they need to maximize their profits, By my count we have 20 heads, that's 2,000 credits split 5 ways, or 400 credits each. Ten heads was worthy of a 1,000 credit bonus, or 200 credits a piece. Now since he never specified whether the bonus is cumulative for each 10 womp rat heads, if we submit all 20 heads at once then we may only recieve a single 1,000 credit bonus. As a result, I suggest we have two people submit 10 heads each, which should help ensure us the additional 1,000 credit bonus. The result will be an 800 credit payout each instead of a potential 600 credit payout. The plan seems simple enough with no likely downside risk, so Laikir doesn't expect any dissention amoungst the group, but he will still waiting a few minutes for anyone else to voice their concerns.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

    PF: Laucian Nailo : Elf Ranger/Rogue, Forest Warden
    MtA: Span : Mastigos Mysterium, Translocation Specialist


  28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "Seems common sense," Terra says with a shrug.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    You sell the loot at the trade hub without a hitch. The guns merchant doesn't even bat an eye as you hand over the collection of weapons and other materials, and in return, hands you cold hard credits.

    ---

    The planet's massive sun is beginning to get low in the sky, but you are still the first to arrive in front of the platform where you began the day. Slowly, groups of tired looking locals sporting heavy looking backpacks and large burlap sacks trickle in. Soon there is a small gathering, though notably smaller than it was in the morning.

    Finally, the Trandoshan from before comes lumbering down the street, carrying his blaster rifle lazily over his shoulder, and an advanced looking datapad in hand.

    He steps up onto the platform and looks down at everyone... he appears too tired, or maybe just too lazy to exude the same commanding attitude as before. He looks down at the datapad, manipulating it with one hand, and clears his throat:

    "Alright everyone, listen up. Master Thane wishes he could be here to thank everyone for their excellent work today, but alas, he is indisposed at the moment. He hopes that you all have had successful days, and that you will be back again tomorrow at sunset again with full hunting bags again. He trusts that you will all find the promised reward ample encouragement to continue doing this service not only to me, but to the vital ecological balance of your planet."

    The Trandoshan looks up from the datapad again, scanning the crowd with a look of boredom.

    "Blah Blah. Anyway, I'm sure you all remember the deal, now just line up so we can all get home the quicker. When you get to the platform, pour out the heads here." He points nondescriptly to platform surface. "I'll count them and then issue you the appropriate reward."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Since you got to the area first, you can decide where you want to be. I'm assuming some of you want to be in the front, and some of you elsewhere, but you'll have to be a bit more specific. For reference, the crowd is about 10 people, not including yourselves.

    PS: at the beginning of the thread I said the crowd was about 10-15 people. but I changed my mind. pretend I said it was like 20-25. Totally not important, but whatever.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case keeps near to Terra, but scans the crowd and the surrounding area constantly for signs of the fast man.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+10)[14]
    -Odentin, Activist for Equestrians for Paraplegics.

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •