Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 221
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee gestures to Laikir and 'Cai to bring the bag and takes her place next to Head-Case and Terra. Unable to relax, she finds herself fingering the holster of her pistol before she clasps her hands together before her and makes herself concentrate on the scene around her. Naga-Tee takes a cautious glance around the crowd, looking out for those that survived their attack on the party and anyone else who might cause trouble.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+9)[21]

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Once the Transdoshan gives his speech Laikir will line up with the others.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show


  3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "Keep an eye out and follow me." Terra says to Headcase before walking towards the front of the line. She wasn't going to be waiting on a group of trash and pathetic men.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ego=front of line :P

    Perception to look for the man I have sworn will die
    (1d20)[16]

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    The weight and bulk of his field kit and medical gear require 'Cai to carry the bag of rat heads awkwardly over one shoulder, but he shuffles forward to join Naga-Tee in the turn-in line. While he certainly doesn't expect trouble here, he takes a cue from the others and remains alert for their would-be ambusher - "Grieve," or whatever the guy's name was. Or any other signs of trouble. It wasn't good to focus on one possible threat to the exclusion of all else.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+9)[20](29)
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    You all are already at the front of the crowd while the Trandoshan was speaking, so you are already at the front of the line that begins forming behind you.

    the Trandoshan looks down at you pensively, as if thinking really hard, and then grins toothily.

    "Ah, so the ragtag group of offworlders made it back out of the forest, eh? Well, most of you anyway. What happened to your big friend, that ugly Yuzzem with the scars on his face?"

    "Well, no matter. You manage to bag yourselves a few heads, huh? Lay em down on the platform."

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Not too sure, I think he was on the flank with those two, he points to Terra and Head Case. Our flank did extremely well though, as Laikir says this he will indicate Cai and Naga. Since Laikir is not carrying a bag of heads he will wait for one of the others to dump a bag out.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Laikir is attempting to make it sound as if they are two subgroups that worked together, but are taking credit for kills individually.

    Persuasion: (1d20+9)[21]


    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show


  7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "As you said, no matter. Let's just handle the money so I can fix up my droid." Terra says nodding at Headcase to set down the droids.

    "On a side note, I saw a man sneak past the guards and try to go into restricted area. He was a big man, very fast, *insert description here*." Terra explains, "He was talking with a few of his buddies about knowing an 'easy way' to 'trick the rich man out of his credits'."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Persuasion check:
    (1d20+19)[23] + (1d6)[4]

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Crap. I forgot to mention, none of you see any sign of the thugs that waylaid you in the forest, or their leader.

    Also, those should be deception checks, since you're giving "deceptive information." If you flat out try to get him to give you more credits, or otherwise try to get him to do something for you, that's persuasion. Don't bother re-rolling, I'm just taking the raw dice roll and changing the modifier based on what it says on your sheet. And turns out, for Laikir it doesn't matter anyway.



    "Ah, protecting your flanks, that's important. Guess you all are smarter than you look. Let's see what you've got then."


    "Restricted area?" You mean master Thane's private estate? Well, I doubt he would get very far, but that does sound important. I should probably check and make sure..."


    The trandoshan pulls out a comlink and is about to talk into it, but then he pauses, with a look of consternation on his face.

    "Wait a minute. You saw him sneak past the guards? What were you doing so close to master Thane's private estate?"

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "The others missed it due to being a different group, but the Yuzzem was with myself and my droid. The guy fired a few shots, I think he was trying to steal our bag. Our partner was carrying the bag, the man ran off, I ordered Headcase to stand guard over our partner and ran after him. When I saw him get close and saw where it was I stopped in order to not violate his trust." Terra looks down and puts on a sad face, "I'm sorry I couldn't stop him sir...I was going to warn the guards but I didn't want to get too close and get shot so I figured warning you would be safest."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry, thought deception was part of persuasion, my apologizes.

    Deception: (1d20+10)[26]
    Last edited by Major; 2012-11-03 at 03:24 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "Oh okay, I guess that makes sense. I better tell the master right away then. Just put your heads in a pile there, I'll be back in a second."

    The trandoshan walks a few paces away, turns his back to the crowd and talks quietly into the his comlink for a while, periodically looking over his shoulder at you, and the rest of the crowd.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Headcase still has the bag full of heads, just waiting on him to dump them out.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case obliges, dumping the ten heads into the pile.
    -Odentin

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <@Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    'Cai also dumps his 10 womp rat heads into another pile next to Headcase's pile.

    The Trandoshan returns after a short conversation with his boss.

    Sorry about that. Now what have we here? 10 heads here and, 8...9...10 heads here... 20 heads? Wow! Not bad!"

    He fiddles with his datapad, and pulls a small credit chip out of his pocket, with a small device on it. After some more typing, he pulls the device off of the credit chip.

    While fiddling, he asks:

    "So you all were in two flanks, you say, huh? But it doesn't really sound like you were fighting 'seperately'... I don't know if this qualifies as two different groups, so I'm not sure if you get two seperate bonus rewards..."

    He starts to dig into his pocket for his comlink, but stops.

    "Eh. It's not my money. And the boss hates it when I bother him over trivial things... I'll just give you two bonuses."

    he types a couple more things into the datapad, and then pulls the small device off of the credit chip.

    "Alright. This Credit chip has the 4000 credits on it. You can get it split up at the bank, which I'm assuming you'll want to do. Good work out there. In fact, the boss wants to be sure to thank you personally, both for the great work, and for the heads up about the intruder. If you come by here again tomorrow at sunset again, he will be here."

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Thank you very much, I will certainly be here. Is it possible he will need further help with the rats or potentially some other project?

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show


  14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "Of course," Terra said outwardly with a smile. However, inside she was not happy and a red flag raised. This seemed suspicious, sure they had killed a lot, but setting up a time and a personal thanks for something as simple as business seemed like a set-up.

    She reaches out and takes the credit chip and nods, "Well then, let's go get this split then." She says moving away from the group and nodding at Headcase.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception to sense deception
    (1d20)[15]

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    You detect no lies from the Trandoshan. Everything he said seems to have been genuine.


    You all push your way through the locals who had been waiting behind you. You now become aware to the local's reaction to your bounty: Most of the crowd is looking at you awestruck, whispering back and forth with the person next to them. A squat Gamorrean looks up at you and asks, "20 heads? How did you do it?"

    It is clear that you have made an impression on the locals.

    The bank is only a short walk down the main drag in the trade hub (maybe 5 blocks) but it is getting late, and the bank will probably close soon, so you set off right away.

    The bank is entirely empty, aside from one old looking Sullustan.

    He looks up from his computer as you approach the counter. "What can I do for you?" he asks, in a bored monotone.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir will lean over and whisper into Terra's ear One thing we didn't consider is whether people may think we are the bandits killing others for their heads. Eventually word will spread of the deaths, tomorrow could turn out to be a problem for us if the story shifts that way. Laikir will try and ignore the crowd as best he can until they are out of the bar.

    On the way to the bank, once he is out of ear shot he will say loud enough for Terra and those close to him to hear, We may want to consider damage control, what happens tomorrow if we wake to rumors of a group of bandits killing for rat heads in the forest, technically we DID kill others and stole their heads, self defense or otherwise, this could potentially look very bad for us.

    As the enter the bank, Laikir will hang back so they aren't crowding the bank teller. He will stand near the door and watch outside, waiting to see if anyone followed them.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show


  17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Terra nods, "Agreed, I'm thinking we might want to look for another job or something tomorrow. I'm starting to suspect tomorrow will be bad for us." She says as she passes Laikir guarding the door.

    As she walks up to the banker she nods, "Hi there, I'd like to get this credit chip split up. We got five of us so a nice split of five 800 credit stacks would be wonderful!" She says with a charming smile.

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir nods at Terra's response before taking his post at the door.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show


  19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    The Sullustan at the desk sighs, and takes the credit chip without a word, walking over to a machine a few paces away. While he is dealing with the credit chip, you all stand around waiting, twiddling your thumbs.

    Suddenly, you hear loud noises down the street. There is a loud whirring of motors, interrupted periodically by small explosions, and... perhaps, is that blaster fire?

    The Sullustan gasps, and then curses creatively under his breathe. "Sounds like the Red Suns again."
    He immediately begins operating the machine with furious speed, rushes back to the counter and haphazardly slams your money on the table in five piles of credits.

    "There, five stacks of 800, it's all there I promise. Just get out of here, quick, before you get yourselves killed!" he says, with terror in his eyes.

    With that, the Sullustan pushes a red button on the counter, and the metal hatches on all of the windows of the building slam shut. He hustles into the back room of the bank, but stops momentarily before disappearing from sight.

    What are you waiting for? Get moving!"

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir draws his blaster and crouches down near the door, looking out and trying to find a safe route out of the bank. As soon as he finds the route he wants to take he yells to the others and makes a move out of the bank.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Laikir is looking for a place where he can move to and see the street that still allows him a retreat route... Something like the mouths of an alley.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show


  21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "Oh and I really wanted to sit around and roll in credits..." Terra says sarcastically before moving after Laikir, "Gotta say I love this planet..." She mumbles, "Can you see how many there are?" She ask remaining behind Laikir and not wanting to peek her head out. She wasn't a fighter.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Head Case focuses his sensors on the noise as he plods towards the door with purpose. Taking note of the damage he has sustained, he looks for cover and an escape route, but attempts to take stock of the combat (or extermination) occurring, as well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+10)[23]
    Knowledge (Tactics): (1d20+8)[28]
    -Odentin

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <@Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir:
    You can't see anything outside because all of the windows are shuttered tight, and the door has no windows. To get a view outside, you will have to open the door. To get try to hear what is going on, you will need a perception check.

    Headcase:
    Spoiler
    Show

    The commotion is coming from up the street in the direction that you came from. It is tough to estimate with the sounds rebounding off of the walls inside (it will be easier to tell once you leave the building) but you are 83.7% confident the combatants are at least 3 blocks away. You can distinguish definite blaster fire. It seems erratic and imprecise, as if whoever is shooting isn't really aiming much, and is more just shooting around to cause mayhem. There is definitely quite a few weapons being fired, light, heavy, and explosives... everything. There's also quite a bit of yelling going on. It's too much to distinguish exactly what anyone is saying.

    In terms of escape, there is only one door in the bank, and it leads right into the main street (the way you came in.)

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Laikir opens the door and looks out

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception: (1d20+4)[21]
    Last edited by XianTheCoder; 2012-11-06 at 09:28 AM.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show


  25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Are the combat noises getting closer? Moving away? Should I roll a new perception?
    -Odentin

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <@Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "Honestly the bank seems a safer place to hole up then running out into the streets..." Terra notes. "And the door adds a choke point too even if they try and enter."

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Perhaps, but it also gives us no retreat.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'm all for fighting these guys, but I'm dead in hand to hand, so I need to find space to stay ranged.

    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show


  28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Philistine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under a rock

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    "I'm sitting tight," 'Cai rasps. "Don't wanna invite myself to a firefight I'm not gettin' paid for. And if it's just a bunch of yahoos shootin' up the town, there's no reason for 'em to try to come in here - even if they get this far."

    He leans back, pausing as he eyes the door to the back room reflectively. "'Course, if I was gettin' paid..." He moves to the door and bangs on it with the butt of his rifle. "Hey, Smiley!" he calls. "Wouldn't be a bounty on those Red Suns clowns, would there?"
    _______________________________________________
    "When Boba Fett told Darth Vader, "As you wish," he was really saying, "I love you.""

    Now Playing:
    Gneiss Copperpot

    Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    Naga-Tee immediately grabs her credits and finds a place behind the counter to crouch behind, drawing her blaster pistol and looking to the others for a plan. Without any real strategic expertise she knows that she's better off keeping herself alive and following any reasonably sensible orders from 'Cai (and possibly Terra). The pain in her back reminds her that she should remain cautious and leave most of the fighting to Head-Case. From her defensive position she raises her head to take a glance at Laikir and the open door before moving her head down into cover again.

    "It's probably safer to hold up here than going out and running into trouble. There's not a lot we can do against a whole gang."

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Odentin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planetary Pioneers: IC

    -THIS IS A TACTICALLY UNSOUND POSITION- -COMBAT IS TAKING PLACE ROUGHLY THREE BLOCKS FROM OUR LOCATION- -RETREAT OR RELOCATION IS RECOMMENDED-
    -Odentin

    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    [00:37] <@Ryo-Wolf> Naki: "Yay, I built this awesome encounter that is awesome and cool and is gonna be so challenging and fun and-" Odentin: "I drop all my dailies in its face." Naki: "And its already over, ****."
    [00:38] <@Naki> He does it EVERY TIME.
    [00:38] <@Naki> EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME.
    [00:38] <@Odentin> Only twice....
    [00:38] <@Naki> Which has been every time!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •