New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Last War: Spyhnx

The raptoran laughes a little at the Fey, his musical voice quite pleasant. I never said the ash had to be applied to the face. That's just a more common practice. I can administer it to anywhere you would allow.
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Star turns around slowly staring at Kay, as if he was in on a big joke and she was the punch line.

Sticking her tongue out at him, she spins around and looks at the strange raptoran. "anywhere? Well mon ami, I think my arms shall do!" she brings both her forearms up and pulls the sleeve back from them revealing her milk white complexion. Grimacing as it is placed on she quickly puts her sleeves back and prances away to the side of the Riddle.

"So, are we going down or what?"
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-09-27 at 02:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Midnight stands at attention, weapon at the ready. It isn't an unnatural pose for it; the warforged looks as if it was a statue cast in that stance. I am prepared for battle.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shaking her head in amusement at the Fey's attitude, Lia scooped up the last of her arrows and returned them to her Quiver. She sidled over to Cerebus, and held out her hand for the Ash to be applied.

She looked out over the battlefield, the match between the Undead and the Warforged seemingly a stalemate. Starielle had said it was a test match; perhaps the outcome of this battle would determine whether Cyre would use the Living Golem Soldiers, Warforged like her companion Midnight... or the Mindless Undead.

If that was the case, then perhaps she could tilt the scales ever so slightly in the Warforged's favour...

"We help the Warforged" Lia said, her tone of voice making it clear that this was not a question.
    Last edited by Golden Ladybug; 2012-09-28 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    Forgive me for being ignorant, but how would 15/adamantine protect the dragon from hitting the ground at over 4,4 billion newtons?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure. No need to be so intense about it. They are the easier target for us after all.

To Cadaver: Please ask the pilot to bring us about a sixth of our height upwind of our target. Have people join hands, and those of us who can fly will grab you as a group and try and fine-steer you as precisely as we are able.
    Also, if might be worth considering the opportunity to capture the necromancer alive, both for questioning and ransom. As always, I trust your judgment on the matter.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

-Those are not Karrnathi troops.

There was quite a lot of steel and hate in Cadaver's voice. His country had resorted to necromancy, since they had sworn to serve, and only soldiers were raised. It was a duty, and an honor, to continue to serve in the front lines even after death. And it was known that the tactics, and superior intellect of Karrnathi skeletons wouldn't make sacrifices. But those below were just like cattle waiting in front of the slaughterhouse.

Cadaver nods, to Big Kay and approaches the flying Raptoran.

-Mark me.

Then he looks to the group.

-Okay everyone, plan of action, we jump on the necromancer, and take him. If we can keep him alive that would be better, if we end killing him, well, it won't work for ransom but we might still be able to extract information. I don't know what we are going to fight down there, those are not troops of Karrnath, and their skeletons and zombies are unintelligent and sacrificed like pests. Be ready to jump in two minutes, we jump together to keep the wind from blowing us away. Once in the ground Midnight and I would try to get most of the heat, be sure to be able to come back.

He moves leaving the balcony and going into the body of the vessel, he walks pasts some of the skeletons, wearing the colors of the Sphinx and nods to them in a mute salute until he gets to the center of the Riddle were the finished Captain Julio is riding the vessel. He looks at the skeleton, with its white bones covered in fine silks and golden sphinxes. He might have been a pirate, hanged for it, but once he was brought back to live under Karrnath he had been a good soldier and pilot. It was true that most of the time he was under a magical compulsion to serve Cadaver, but the man hoped that he had treated the undead fairly and with respect and if he ever came out of it the first instinct wouldn't be to kill the man who had freed him from a service for eternity in the karrnathi army.

-Julio, down there a wannabe necromancer has raised an army and is starting to cause problems, to others and to itself. We are going to drop. Could you bring us about a sixth of our height upwind? Also... if possible we will return with him alive for questioning, and perhaps ransom, keep the boys out of his view it might be problematic. Good luck, the Sphinx prevails.

After talking to the pilot Cadaver nods and walks back to his cabin, leaving everything but the backpack, the crossbow and the bolts behind. Then he returns to the others.

-Ready?
    Last edited by God Imperror; 2012-09-28 at 04:24 AM.
    Working on: Anointed Heritor PEACHes are welcome.
    Playing with: Firia & Cadaver
    Awesome avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Kay turns invisible himself as people get in position for the launch. He grabs onto the tri-keen arm ("It's me"), careful to avoid the mithral chain shirt even with his gloves on.
    To Cerberus: "You hold onto Midnight or Cadaver, as Starielle and I would rather not touch them if we can avoid it."

Roll:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dex-check: (1d20+12)[29]

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

8. - Top - End - #38

As you jump off the wind blurs you vision so you must squint, but you can defiantly see some of the warforged and undead artillery being pointed toward the Zeppelin.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-09-28 at 05:44 AM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Click

The thri-kreen approaches Cerberus and gets his share of the marking. After that, he also retrieves his gear from the storage room, a mere haversack, and awaits the zeppelin's descent.

When the invisible Kay touches him and identifies himself, he cannot help but smile.

Hehe. Funny creatures think I cannot see them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dex check: (1d20+5)[17]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Midnight prepares for the jump, ensuring that all of his gear is tightly secured. It would be bad form for a tanglefoot bag to go off inside its pack. Once we are within 30' of the ground, please release any magic to slow my descent. I will attempt to clear the landing area so that the rest of you may land safely. I have prepared a spell that will also likely accomplish much of that function.

Discord Tag #4097

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Then you should probably be the one wearing the ring, so you can take it off at the right moment.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

12. - Top - End - #42

Lia unslung her Longbow from her back as she strolled over to the Knight. She tested the string absent-mindedly with her right hand; she gestured and muttered, crafting the spell and releasing it with a few sweeping gestures. A shimmer in the air, and sound was trapped around the Elf, not passing through the unreal and invisible barrier unless she willed it.

"Undead and Warforged are perhaps not the most observant of foes, but I told you I would silence your Armor" Lia told the Knight, a small smile on her face.

She gave the others a thumbs up to show she was ready, knowing that her words would not reach them while until her spell expired, and ducked into the much taller man's shadow, all but vanishing into it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Zone of Silence, which means that Cadaver and I can be all sneaky.

Hide check to be even more sneaky than that (I <3 HiPS) (1d20+25)[34]

Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    Forgive me for being ignorant, but how would 15/adamantine protect the dragon from hitting the ground at over 4,4 billion newtons?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Cadaver moves his hands in the traditional sign language of the Karrnathi special operation forces. He had shown some of the signs to the rest of the Sphinx but none was able to understand it properly, although, the symbolism was quite clear. The armored man was thanking Lia for the spell. And signaling click that he would jump after him, and he better slow the fall. After the signs are finished he tends a hand to Lia and the other one to Click.
    Last edited by God Imperror; 2012-09-28 at 09:16 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Star grabs Kays hand right before he slips away from sight not wanting to lose him on the way down.

She too dissapears just as suddenly.

"Eh bien, ce n'est à peu près aussi foutu comme un tit sorcières"

Spoiler
    Show

To those who understand Fey (this is FUBAR)

Dex check - (1d20+7)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cerberus walks over to Midnight, I am not strong enough to carry you, but I can help guide you in the right direction. I'm ready to jump when you are.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dex check for when I do jump (1d20+5)[21] and apparently a -4 due to wings sooo... 17
    Last edited by PowerGamer; 2012-09-29 at 08:08 AM.
    Avatars-Avatars designed by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

For when people do jump it will take you 16 rounds to reach the ground those who failed the Dex check DC 18 are blown (16d6)[51] x 10 ft. backwards from the intended landing spot and are offered a second dex check to still be able to activate any means of slowing their fall at the last second.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

I am ready to jump. Let us go now. (Assuming Click is ready) Midnight leaps over the side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dex check: (1d20+3)[15]

Discord Tag #4097

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

No matter how many times you do it, a HALO jump never fails to deliver a big adrenaline rush.
    It is in this state of (subjective) enhanced awareness that Kay realized two things: they are being targeted by [siege weapons] and there are light flashing in a precise pattern, whose significance he manage to grasp and relay to the last member of their team remaining aboard. Hopefully, he'll find the strenght to act on this information.
    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Int (understanding signals): (1d20+9)[22]
    K: architecture and engineering: (1d20+10)[26] (trained)
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2012-09-29 at 09:03 AM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Cadaver takes a strong hold on Lia and nods at her with a smile. He moves his lips, but no sound comes due the silence. "I am a leaf on the wind"

His other hand has a steel grip on Clicks keeping him close.

Then as light start to erupt all around them the big armored man jumps freefalling to the unknown doom below. His eyes are closed, and he keeps his lips pressed against each other.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dex (1d20+1)[17]

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Second dex check:

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[17]

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by iTookUrNick View Post
    No matter how many times you do it, a HALO jump never fails to deliver a big adrenaline rush.
    It is in this state of (subjective) enhanced awareness that Kay realized two things: they are being targeted by [siege weapons] and there are light flashing in a precise pattern, whose significance he manage to grasp and relay to the last member of their team remaining aboard. Hopefully, he'll find the strenght to act on this information.
    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Int (understanding signals): [roll0]
    K: architecture and engineering: [roll1] (trained)
    Here is what you see from your int check.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The flashing is indeed a message after a few moments you see, "...lense, respond in the next minuet or we will shoot"

Your Knowledge check tells you this
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can tell it has explosive rounds and an long barrel for accuracy.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The ropes strain under the weight of the hull as the Riddle angles upward by its captain's command. The signaling lamp is maned and a short message is beamed to the artillery batteries on the ground: "Sphinx Company here. Do not shoot. Offers will be considered".

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika